News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Quote Yourself

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

You know how we (meaning pretty much everyone on the planet) loves to quote others?

Maybe it's just me but I've always found that to be rather peculiar. LOL! We quote people who may or may not have been the first or only person to say something we find worthy of note. But I think we do that because these people have either put pen to paper or music to melody or some other form. It's just a silly thought that has always come back to me.

I remember sitting in school and the teachers or students quoting various famous people. Sometimes with awe on their faces and for some reason I would find it funny. I would be sitting there thinking something like well if you like that one you should hear what my grandma says. :-D

So I wonder why don't we quote ourselves or people we know. Surely the people we know have wisdom to impart. So this is just what's on my mind today, nothing serious. Just wondering if you have any funny or serious 'family' quotes to impart.

As my mother once said (forgive me mom):

"As above so below but someone needs to tell those bleached hussies"  :-D :-D :-D
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

There are two quotes that are used quite a bit in our home. MJ's is "everything in moderation". Mine is "if it's not broken, don't fix it". Both are tried and true quotes that we use often here. :-D Words to live by!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

tides2dust

First one I really remember is my first job while attending highschool. The woman who would bake bagels in the morning would be at work as early as 3AM. She always found a way to keep herself happy and laughing. She used very endearing words like child and honey when talking to us. She would also tell us, "aint nothin to it but to do it." and for some reason I really liked that. Years later and I drop it on people every once in a while when they get stuck in the, "I wish I did this-" or "I need to do that" attitude.  :lol:

LightBeam

great quotes everyone. I really enjoy reading them. This is life's wisdom passed from generations to generation, and new wisdom being realized in modern times.

My grandpa used to say this old saying "every chick and child is under one roof" when all his children and grandchildren would get to together for holidays and stay over for a few days. As children, my sister and I and my cousins loved playing with grandpa, playing tricks on him, and he loved us so much, he didn't mind us styling his hair or painting his toenails bright red while he was napping. Then at night, he would read us stories and when we would finally get quiet and sleepy he would say with with a quiet voce "every chick and child is under one roof". I would hear that and feel the content in his spirit knowing that everyone is together, safe and happy as a unit.

As for me, I always say to friends and family "Nothing is impossible. Dare to dream. You just have to believe with no fears"
Very often I would say "Forgive without repentance and free your soul"

The quotes I am seeing online that strongly resonates with me and it have become my favorites are 
"Remember when you wanted what you currently have"
"The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity"
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

I love these!

"Everything in moderation" and "Find a balance" are two of mine.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Erik

I have to translate it but it's like:
Listen to what they do and not to what they say

Bob_the_floater

In my part of the world we have one that goes:

Do what I say, not what I do  :-D
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

T-Man

I just wanted to add the 'KISS' quote Lumaza has used here on the Pulse...

Keep it simple...stupid!   :lol:
The Adventure Continues...