News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

"I Am Legend" is the BEST movie i have seen in theaters for years!

Previous topic - Next topic

riddled_skies

Really, I must say this movie is truly a movie-goer theater screen experience. Without the theater, this movie is not the same  :-o. I would reccomend it for more open-minded people (like yourselves). If your seeking a truly mesmerizing experience, and you can let yourself slip into the groove and feel of it, really watching, than you can even feel happier after watching (I did!  :-D [still am!  :wink:]).

If anybody here has seen it, please post your comments! Has anybody felt the way i have about this movie??
"The most beatiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art, and.. science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, ..(or) marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed

Sunn

thought it was pretty woeful to be honest.

Bit thin on a plot. Always going to be difficult when its one character on screen for nearly an hour.

Its really well shot though, love the way new york is full of wildlife.

Read the book, its much better.

Mustardseed

I almost left in the middle of the movie. Did not like it at all. I think that is more due to the subject matter than acting and cinematography. It was well done, but still......no likie......the hybrids were a bit too "comix" like as well. I think it would have worked better with real actors. The only thing that made up for it was the ending.
Words.....there was a time when I believed in words!

Old Dood

I will watch this when it comes out on DVD.
It is an updated version of the Omega Man.
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

Embodied Words

The book was amazing, and had a much more poetic ending. I advise everyone read the book, if they even liked the movie just a little bit.

On a side note, has anyone seen the earlier versions of the movie?
There are in every man, always, two simultaneous allegiances, one to God, the other to Satan. Invocation of God, or Spirituality, is a desire to climb higher, that of Satan, or animality, is delight in descent.

- Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)

andonitxo

Another zombie-movie. It's quite entertaining, but zombies are very bad designed.

By the way, what the heck are lions doing in there? Have you, US citizens, got that kind of fauna over there?

Stookie

Yeah, it was basically the same plot as "28 Days Later", rage virus and all. And it ripped-off nearly every George Romero movie ever made. It wasn't bad, but definitely not original. I suggest "Dawn of the Dead" (original version), "The Crazies", or Lucio Fulci's "Zombie".

Then again, it was meant to be a blockbuster and they accomplished that.

MisterJingo

Quote from: Old Dood on January 01, 2008, 09:28:45
I will watch this when it comes out on DVD.
It is an updated version of the Omega Man.

The omega man was based upon the book of "I am Legend" by Richard Matheson (1954), and so was another film. The most recent version is based upon the book, and is more faithful than the earlier versions (the omega man changing quite a lot).
I enjoyed the most recent version, although felt it ended quite abruptly and it deviated from some potentially interesting plot routes (such as the increasing organisation of the 'others').

Mez

I loved it. Thought it was intense. Keen to read the book. What interests me the most about the movie is the parallel it has to real life... Ie we've all been turned into zombies because of our "quick fix" mentality.

Stookie

QuoteIe we've all been turned into zombies because of our "quick fix" mentality.

Thats what I love about "Dawn of the Dead" - all the zombies walking around the mall, bumping into displays and make-up counters. The Hare Krishna zombie is my favorite.

CFTraveler

I know I watched Omega man years ago but cannot remember most of it.  Was Charlton Heston the main guy in the old version?  (sucks to be old-you start forgetting what you even liked!)

Old Dood

Quote from: CFTraveler on January 07, 2008, 18:17:45
I know I watched Omega man years ago but cannot remember most of it.  Was Charlton Heston the main guy in the old version?  (sucks to be old-you start forgetting what you even liked!)
Yes he was.  And his NRA training came in handy. :D
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE