News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How has energy work changed your life?

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

To list a few things.

I tend to sit in quite thought more, they could be considered minor meditation times.  When I go on break at work I tend to just sit there for a few mintes and do nothing.  Or I will sit there and look at the sky, the plants, buildings, and such.  I also keep a journal which I find myself writing in more these days.  I find that more and more I just don't care about certain things anymore.  There is less and less that bothers me and I want to open up the eyes of other people as well.
I find also that I am becoming slightly more of an introvert.  I talk to a few people and will engage in conversation if some one starts one but other than that I stick more to myself.  I now more so want to just sort of walk away from the world.  I feel a need to just go and find some desolate place where I can be by myself with out being bothered.  I don't want to work any more I would rather just stay home and spend more time on things that I want to not that I have to.
Other things have been getting stronger as well.  My ability to see into people and hear people is stronger.  I hear more of what they are implying and not what they are saying.  I am able to see more aspects of people as well.  Things that they don't share with every one.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

steveb

Greetings all,
         I wasn't going to reply to this post because I've never done any energy work ie: new ,rieki, ect. I suppose I'm lucky in a way. The saying "the world is mearly a stage and we are just  puppet's",has always been the way I've looked at things since a child.
         My life, i'm a single parent, my two sons ( aged 14+16 ) have been living with me for the last 10 years, I work in family transport bussiness that allows enough social contact  with the mianstream that I'm not wanting for much more. My two sons are pretty much independent,the 16 year old has just left home, when i'm not involved with work, my sons or working on the house, it's mainly things in relation to my spiritual path, meditation, self awareness,being in the momment, being me.
           I dont, watch television, listen to radio,play or watch sports. I own a car which the nieghbours find strange because it hardly leaves the drive. I ride a bycicle as much as I can. I dont have holidays as such due the 24/7 nature of my job. Once a year i go on the Great Victorian Bike Ride which runs for ten days, useualy I go with secondary school groups as an assistant.
           I've been on my own spiritual path for about ten years,putting the pieces of the great puzzle togeather. About 12 mths ago one of my sons gave me a flyer that he'd picked up somewhere, it was  about a free course on the astral. I went along to the introduction lecture. I would have to say I sat there in awe, they spoke on more than just the Astral. They had the same pieces of the puzzle I had and much more. Other people were sitting there with blanc looks on there faces, they couldn't see it. I could see it ,not because I'd read it, not because they were telling me. It was because I'd been expierancing it. I dearly love life and all that it throws up. I have allways felt in the sence that I was gifted as to the joy I see in life. everyday I set about to make someone see this joy,be it with a gesture, a smile, whatever.
         My values, I abide by the ten commandments, I live according to karma and darma and i work on myself everyday.
         As for religion, if I was to be keyholed , "gnostic". My goal in life, to have enough expieriance in relation to meditation,astral ext to be involved with some type of organization to get these tools into the school system .
I suppose i should have said, some type of organization to get these tools reconized first.
            It's so crazy, all the tools we need are with us, but what is mankind doing,  materializing and intelectualizing ourselvs into the abys.  

Regards  Steve

P.S   " oh ", my other goal, learn to type faster, it takes sooo long to type a post

Kristen

Hi Tisha -

Re your question -  . . How has it changed your day-to-day life? Examples:

Your daily habits
Your relationships
The way you feel about yourself
Your job
Your level of engagement in the so-called "outside" world
Your values
Your religion
Your goals

Hmmm.... I have incorporated almost daily meditation and energy raising into my routine (my time).  My relationships with my husband, my children have been increasingly characterized by battles over how it is that I choose to spend my time (balancing family and personal goals as a mother is really challenging - I am incredibly torn by conflicting demands of love and duty to my husband, my children, the rest of my family/friends, and to myself). I feel (intensely) more connected to myself and my sense of spirit, I'm feeling incredibly bored and harrassed by my work outside of my home, I have much less patience for the demands of other people and am trying hard to balance those demands - I'm finding myself really, really wanting to isolate, my values haven't changed much except - and this is really big for me - my "religion" has changed -  I'm not an athiest anymore... and my goals - wow.  The most strident urge I have, has to do with learning as much as I can through my little connection with spirit, and making myself more of a fitting receptacle for spirit.

- Kristen

Tisha

Oy, I can sure relate to the kids/family/timecrunch/boring job thing.  At one point in my life the overwhelming nature of everybody's demands and my utter exhaustion and sleep deprivation found me curled up on the floor in the corner of a spare room that I'd painted blood red. Creepy.  A very, very bad sign that something was really, really wrong.

It took years, a divorce, self-imposed hermitude (did I just make up a word?) before I found the energy and sense of peace I feel now.  Not that I'm offering up divorce as the answer!  That was just the answer for me at the time.  Hindsight being 20/20, had I just insisted on having my needs met, and stuck it out, we probably could have worked it out somehow.  Anyway I digress . . . all I'm saying is insisting on the solitude to recharge and find oneself is SO important.  Someday, with enough energy work, the heart chakra (the green one) will be clear and powerful and full of energy, and you will want to burst open the doors and love the world like a Dali Lama or a Mother Theresa.  It's such a neato feeling.

Then, there are all those little . . . um, "life disruptions" when your values change completely, and different things become important to you and other things cease to matter . . . that's what's happening to me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I want to do a complete life overhaul.  But as a single parent, I can't just tell my boss to shove-it.  A more meaningful job would probably cut my income by 60%. Moving to a more affordable area will have negative consequences on my daughter's education and easy access to her father.  So I am torn!  I console myself by talking to the plants in my garden.  Thank God plants grow all over the world, I can live anywhere and do anything and still find them.  

tisha

Tisha

Fenris

HI !

Since I have started developing  auric sight and just generally been able to see into and understand people (guts and all I guess) I have really started to understand the truth behind the 'no body is perfect statement'. I am now a very non critical person (in relation to the average person) and I see a beauty in everyone. Sounds corny but thats one big change.

Also I love the extra abilities that are slowly growing, just last night I realised I could see my own ethric arm through solid matter! I had my head on my desk and moved my arm under the table and saw it! After that I put it behind the other side of a door and just played around with my new ability for ages! When I should have been doing uni work.....

regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici

cainam_nazier

I know what it feels like to be taken by some of the stuff you discover.  Its fun.  I have often found myself acting like a child with a new toy.
What if I do this? How about over here?  And this?  cooooll!

David Rogalski

kakkarot

hmmm.

well, i tend to be WAY more laid back (almost too much at times), i feel completely confident in myself because i know myself really well (although this one isn't due to only energy work). i like to try to do things for fun; like messing with the wind, or trying to change the weather (don't have much success at this since i don't spend much time on this one), or manipulating other people (harmlessly).

my level of engagement in the "outside" world has always been very low, but now it is because i spend my time having fun with my energy! :)  i value the things in life that i have decided are worth valuing rather than the things that society or others tell me are important. i question everything because, well people always used to tell me that magick doesn't exist and i used to believe them, but now i know better so i am always wondering what truly IS out there...  :)

my goals: i want to be the best MARTIAL ARTIST IN THE WORLD! :)  :)  :)
or the most devote follower of God in the world. i also would like to be able to help other people break down their perceptions of what isn't possible and to start thinking for themselves.

something else i almost forgot about: i find it REALLY easy to understand people (empathic) and i really don't like dealing with most people because they are so.... vile. so i tend to just talk to the people i like and because of this i don't make lots of friends, but the three friends i do have are all really good people.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Fenris

Hi Kakkarot

Seems you and I went in different directions with the whole Empathic skill thing. I lowered my expectations of the average person and you said bugger off your all pathetic! However it seems we both revel in the joy of finding really great people to be close to.

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici

distant bell

I have to go with Kakkarot on this one..
There is so much evil and judgement in people..
people are really vile. Not al o§f course- but many.

I  too need my chare of privacy- and it has not become
better since my meditations and my energy work has
increased. I guess partly it is becuse it takes alot of time,
and because It shows that there are other things to life
than beeing around people.

Felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

kakkarot

"to each their own", right fenris?

Secret of Secrets

PeacefulWarrior

Energy work has completely changed my life.  Unlike cainam_nazier and others, it has made me more of an extrovert.  Although I revel in quiet time, for it allows me the chance to meditate, study and pray...I find that I have more love for others and I have more patience when I endeavour to help others.  I believe that increased energy and knowledge also comes the responsibility to be friendly to others and help them in any way possible.  

Energy work is wonderful, but I believe it there is a limit to what it offers by itself, but combined with  the will to love and help there is no limit.

I used to be more of an introvert and kept to myself.  I was also prideful and thought that my experiences made me somehow superior to most people who severly limit their perception of the reality.  Now, after years of hard work and hard lessons, I find myself, for example, talking to people when I am waiting in line or shopping.  I try to ask people their names and smile, and when I see that I have brightened someone's day or made them smile I have a much easier time of acheving my own spiritual and bio-energetic goals.

Energy work has also increased my overall appreciation for life and all that it entails, from the beauty of nature to the nature of suffering....

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Patty

I KNEW there had to be other parents on this forum.  So this is where you are hiding.  I have some questions for the parents! Namely, if you have trouble balancing parenting with energy issues. Or how you find balance. That sort of thing. Here's why:

I think initially, I thought that if I allowed enough love to flow through me from the divine, that I would be 'perfect.'  Endlessly patient, perfectly loving, a light being here on the planet. (Sounds crazy, but you know, we think if only we tune in 'enough' we will become more like that which we are tuning into.)

Well...........   I am changing my mind on that one. Here's my thought, today.  Maybe having children (giving to others 'here' 24/7), and learning to meet my own selfish spiritual advancement desires (growth, time on other planes learning, etc) are two sides of the same coin. I am able to give more to my children NOT because I allow more etheric energy to flow, but simply because I have practical parenting experience every day. And maybe I am able to grow in my energy capabilities (allow more energy to flow, more freely) NOT because I have round-the-clock caretaking as a job, but because I practice letting the energy flow more freely. So each thing builds as you focus on it specifically. Want to be a better parent? Then parent.  Want to have greater energy flow? Then practice more energy techniques.

But here's the thing, if you're still with me -

BOTH have to be recognized. If they grow alongside each other, then the balance is kept. If they don't, I have trouble with depression, or anger, or something similar.

So, channeling energy, trying to tune into the abundant universal love, and so on hasn't MADE me a better parent. (Parenting has.) But energy work has allowed me to BECOME a better parent - I think the growth of one allows the other to grow more easily. The trick for me is to not get too lopsided. I start to resent it when parenting duties keep me from meditating, and that's not good for my kids. It's also not great for my kids when I immerse myself in energy pursuits to the point of ignoring some of their wants.

You asked:

. How has it changed your day-to-day life? Examples:

Your daily habits
Your relationships
Your job
Your values
Your religion
Your goals

I think the biggest single change is how I define (or at this point DON'T define) God.  I was raised catholic, and I still have a lot of comforting catholic beliefs. I like catholicism. But I have less idea what God is now. I look to the 'fruits' of various experiences, and sometimes an experience that seems at odds with Biblical teaching seems to bear good 'fruit.'

The other single biggest change is that sleep time is now as real as wake time, and is something I look forward to because I feel it will be an adventure. I can't wait to see what is 'on' that night. I suppose this falls under 'daily habits.'

I don't think I am more loving or anything. I think I am just seeing myself more clearly. The faults that were there before are still there, but I am learning to accept them or live with them or something. I think I used to live on autopilot more.  I think I used to have very little awareness - but I was unaware that I had a small amount of awareness. Now I am aware that I don't have much awareness. (LOL)  It is discouraging some days, to feel like I should be able to be more fully present - after all I meditate!  But on the other hand, I am aware of this shortcoming now, and before I wasn't.  So I still see this as growth.

Some say it is simply a process of aging - I am 36 and naturally am more aware of some things than I was at 20.

Big events, like the WTC - Ten years ago these would have seemed very far away.

Now they seem both very personal, but also inconsequential.  Personal because I recognize and know first hand what trauma can be for a person.  Inconsequential because I know that in the scheme of eternity our little planet is a drop in the bucket.  (lest anyone feel I am a coldhearted person, I will also say that I also see my own child's death in this two fold way - incredibly personal and traumatic; I will never get 'over' it, and also inconsequential as I will someday die, myself, as will we all.)

Relationships? I don't know ---- I want to believe we are all connected. I wanted to believe that before, too. Now, I can 'connect ' with someone by focusing on heart chakra energy. Before, it was through intellectual connection. But the heart chakra connection - can get touchy. Like if it is someone of the opposite sex.... I don't know where I am on that one.  I can feel incredibly in tune with someone through a heart chakra meditation, and if it is someone of the opposite sex there is a feeling of 'wrongness' about it along with the incredible sense of 'rightness' about it. So, you know. What's a girl to do. I'll muddle through, I'm sure.

the way I feel about myself - generally, less ego.

My goals - to enjoy the happy moments moreso than to seek happiness as an end.  I suppse that means to live in the moment. But also, now I find that I can remove myself from emotion. So depression, for instance, I get that - but I can distance myself from it. Sort of a recognition that "I" am experiencing this negative state but that "I" in an eternal sense can simply sit and observe myself experiencing it.

Due to the lengthy post, I'll leave it at that.

Good question!

Patty

steveb

Greetings all,

[patty] , Parenthood, sometimes you wonder who's teaching who. I can understand the energy flow problem. Once you start down the self awareness track it changes your whole perspective of the way you look at things. I used to get frustrated when kids would disturb a practice, I would think that they had a problem becuase they didn't understand. Once i started with seroius self awareness I realized that it's all "state of mind". Being in the momment, not what just happened, not what's going to happen, but right KNOW, at this momment.
           Easier said then done, I started practicing "being in the momment" with awareness walks. You go to a nice place that feels good,park,bush ect. Clear your mind paying attention to your surroundings and inner state(dont concentrate on them,just be aware of them) and walk, as soon as a thought comes in stop.Clear the thought then continue, stopping each time a thought arises. If you haven't tried it give it a go. You get some interesting looks in a park with a lot of people. It really brings out the" i dont want to look like an idiot" ego.

Regards  steve

cainam_nazier

See that would normally pose a problem for since I usually use travel time to think on things.  I would most like end up standing in one spot for an hour.  But I do something similar when on break at work.  I will just sit there with no thoughts and look at stuff.  If I start to think then I look at something else.

David Rogalski

Reikimaster

Hello Tisha
   You are totaly right , it opens a veil that most do not see, that what we were , that what we are, and hopefully what we want to be ....
     The change is not set to stone , iit's an on going process that continues to change , but what I find changing the most is my perception of change and how it effects me and those around me.
                                                                   peace R M

Reikimaster

James S

Energy work has made a profound difference to my life.

First of all it allowed me to beat depression. I took myself off anti-depressants a little (well, a lot) sooner than I should have, according to the doctor at least. The main reason being that I had discovered meditation and energy raising made a huge difference to my ability to put things into a more positive perspective. It also helped shield me from the negatives around me.
It has also allowed me to remain calm through situations that I once would have exploded at, especially at work.

Meditation & energy work also opened my eyes to the different types of energy in people around me. Specifically I could now "feel" those who radiated positive energy, and those who had a lot of negative energy, which tends to suck away your own positive energy if you let it. I also saw how like attracts like - both with negative and positive people.

In more recent times it has allowed me to communicate with and get to know my guide, a most wonderful spirit that I have come to love dearly. I don't believe I would be able to be receptive to my guide at all if I was not aware of our energy body and what we can do with it.

Ah, I could go on and on here. Getting to know my energy body and how to work with it has made a lot of changes to my general outlook, and I learn new things all the time. Its fun!!

Its all good!

James.

fredhedd

cainam, that first post hit the nail right on the head. my jaw kept dropping more every line i read. that was wierd to see the post i was going to write, already there. :)

Tisha

OK, I can't be the only one who's interested in this!

This question is for those of you who really, really spend time doing energy work (as opposed to just reading or talking about it . . . which I admit to having done for many years).  

Specifically, for those of you who've done enough energy work to experience the "psychic byproducts" of meditation, i.e., OBE, telekenisis, remote viewing, whatever. . .  How has it changed your day-to-day life?  Examples:

Your daily habits
Your relationships
Your job
Your values
Your religion
Your goals

We could spend pages writing about all of these . . . but for starters, what changes stand out the most for you?

For me, the biggest change is the total peace I feel, and the new level of love that I feel for humanity.  I was mistreated as a child, which resulted in my becoming a walled-up, solitary misanthrope (never mind the fakey-cheery face I put out to the world).  My spiritual search and meditative practices changed all of this for me and I feel a new sense of engagement in the world, total forgiveness of those who hurt me, and a genuine interest in making new friends.  Gee, and it only took me two decades . . .

Another change I see is that the actions I take in the world have become very political, albeit on a small, personal scale.  Energy is precious to me and I want to spend it on the right things.  I eat organically when I can.  I started to buy recycled products . . . give money to shelters . . . hug trees, pet animals, etc.  And the focus is very POSITIVE, i.e., instead of dwelling on what I dislike, what I'm avoiding,  or what I'm against, I'm focusing on what I'm FOR and spending my energy accordingly.

These changes are thrilling to me so I wanted to share them.  How about everybody else out there?

regards,
Tisha

Tisha