News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Remodeling

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

One thing that is constant is change.

The new look for the forums is interesting. I think I like it. The karma rating is cool.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Nay

Alright!  That was quick Adrian, I like it.  :-D  Now I'm going to have to have a look around and figure out all the new buttons.  :lol:

Nay

I just noticed that karma thing.  Not sure if I like that.  It feels so judgmental..   I mean, lets get real... all the people whom are friends, no matter how silly their posts, their friends are going to come along and be more than favorable.  It's bad enough having to post something without wondering if people will understand or like what you say, now we are going to be forced feel bad about ourselves..  I don't need that... :-(

kenshin

i like this design more than the old, the karma system is a familiar thing on forums, so i've got no complaints about it (heck its rare now days that there isn't some sorta rating system)

Nay

hahaha.. ok.. I have one karma, does that mean I was applauded or smited?  :-D  If that is how it goes, then I don't mind it so much.  :-)

WalkerInTheWoods

As long as you have positive karma I think you are doing good.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Nay

Awww.. you did it in blue.. wow, this site is going to be like a new toy!   :-D

Umm.... it doesn't say anything, just a number.  Doesn't say good or bad.

WalkerInTheWoods

I smited you and it took 1 away.  :evil:  So I guess a high number means alots of applause
Must play with the text options.
Hmmm shadow doesn't seem to do anything.

Nay

:lol:   :-D  Stop smiting me, you smiter!   :-D

Well, now I get it! 

Nay

Falln, give me back my karma!   someone gave me that, you can't take it away..... ....hey.. I think I do like the karma thing.   :-D  Ok, now give it back.  :evil:

WalkerInTheWoods

I giveth and I taketh away. But maybe I giveth again.

Nay

LOL!   :-D  Thanks!

GANAMOHA

wow theres afros now?!?!  :mrgreen:  :-o:what else is there to see  :roll:

EDIT--> I just realized that I am on the new quest to achieve 4 stars!!! oh and the boggling eyes dont work by just clicking on it you have to add on a : but it might just be me

:-o: :mrgreen: :roll: :evil: :-o:

I lovenewfeatures
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

Kallas

Woohoo finally we can use tabbed browsing... for those of you with mac's  :-D

YAY SOMEONE LIKES ME  :lol:

The Present Moment

Is there a way to get the previous day's posts? This board doesn't allow blank "" searches.  :?

Grigori

Quote from: The Present Moment on July 13, 2006, 03:35:18
Is there a way to get the previous day's posts? This board doesn't allow blank "" searches.  :?
Just put an asterisk * in the search field and then choose one day or whatever time interval ya want.

... that'll be one karma  :-D

Nay

Look up at the header.  To the right of your avatar is "show unread posts since last visit"   :-D

Nay

Ha!  I didn't even see that.  :lol:

Stillwater

[move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move]If you can read this que then your accomodational muscles are well developed  8-)[/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move]

[move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move]If you can read this que then your accomodational muscles are well developed  8-)[/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move]

[move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move]If you can read this que then your accomodational muscles are well developed  8-)[/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move]

[move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move][move]If you can read this que then your accomodational muscles are well developed  8-)[/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move][/move]

It's fast it is- I applaud anyone who reads it ;)
The new forum is full of toys!
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Stillwater

In Buddhism, in order to avoid unfavorable rebirths in the earth plane, it is best to have no karma at all, so I suppose I am ahead of the game :-D

GANAMOHA

what are the accomodational muscles
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

jub jub

Quote from: Stillwater on July 13, 2006, 11:47:38
In Buddhism, in order to avoid unfavorable rebirths in the earth plane, it is best to have no karma at all, so I suppose I am ahead of the game :-D

That's a good way to look at it! lol
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Stillwater

Quotewhat are the accomodational muscles

They are part of a set responsible for controlling the eyes- the accomodational muscles specifically change the shape of the lens in the eye, allowing us to quickly focus our vision. Think of a telescope- you constantly need to focus the lenses in order to have a clear view of the star or other object, yet our eyes appear to always be in focus, as we subconsiously reshape the lens to focus on whatever we gaze at.

In order to focus on a speeding object, our eyes must accomodate very rapidly, so this is one type of diagnostic test.

And congrats on picking out a six syllable word at warp speed, lol- I am not sure if I could read it if I did
not already know what it was.

Nay

LOL. it was going slow as molasses for me..maybe that's how he read it?  :-D

The Present Moment

Quote from: Grigori on July 13, 2006, 06:49:46
Just put an asterisk * in the search field and then choose one day or whatever time interval ya want.

... that'll be one karma  :-D
That's how I did it on the old board. This new version wants a phrase to search for.

Thanks to all who responded, I've got it working now.  :-)