News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

low body tempurature

Previous topic - Next topic

GANAMOHA

hello everyone,

my tempurature is almost always 97 96 and I was curious what this means. I looked it up and it mentioned something about brainfog but I doubt that. another weird thing is even though I have a low body tempurature my body is always very warm an example could be it windy and raining really hard and I wont even get goosebumps. I have a feeling this might just be no big deal and have something to do with metabolism. I was just curious.
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

GANAMOHA

Stillwater

Quotecould mean thyroid problems

Maybe, but at 97 I would not really worry- our body is not designed to work at exactly 98.6- that is just where most people's metabolisms lie. 97.5 or so is the lower end of the average person's temp. I probably would not look for a health condition unless you were around 96 consistently (our body temp fluctuates throughout day). But otherwise, lola could be right.

WebMD:

QuoteWhat is normal body temperature?
Most people think of a "normal" body temperature as an oral temperature of 98.6 °F(37 °C). This is an average of normal body temperatures. Your temperature may actually be 1°F (0.6°C) or more above or below 98.6 °F(37 °C). Also, your normal body temperature changes by as much as 1°F (0.6°C) throughout the day, depending on how active you are and the time of day. Body temperature is very sensitive to hormone levels and may be higher or lower when a woman is ovulating or having her menstrual period.

A rectal or ear (tympanic membrane) temperature reading is 0.5 to 1°F (0.3 to 0.6 °C) higher than an oral temperature reading. A temperature taken in the armpit is 0.5 to 1°F (0.3 to 0.6 °C) lower than an oral temperature reading.

Can a low body temperature be dangerous?
An abnormally low body temperature (hypothermia) can be serious, even life-threatening. Low body temperature may occur from cold exposure, shock, alcohol or drug use, or certain metabolic disorders, such as diabetes or hypothyroidism. A low body temperature may also be present with an infection, particularly in newborns, older adults, or people who are frail. An overwhelming infection, such as Gram-negative sepsis, may also cause an abnormally low body temperature.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

cainam_nazier

My average body temp is 96 to 97.  It never goes above 97 unless I am sick, which doesn't happen too often.  To the best of my knowledge I have no serious health issues, st least none that have been mentioned to me any time I have been to a doctor.  I have noticed though that I expend a lot of thermal energy.  I am typically warm to the touch, warmer than most that is.  And I sweat very easily. 

As there are no other things going on with me I don't worry about the low body temp.  As the 98.6 is an average there are bound to be people on both sides of the extreams that function normally.

So unless you have other conditions I would not worry about it too much.  But keep it as a mental note if you develope other problems.

Stillwater

QuoteI wouldn't worry unless it was like 92

I am usually at 97 and the doc says I am very healthy.

lol- at 92 you are probably dying of hypthermia :-P

Stillwater

Quotethat was my terrible guesstimation

I wouldn't worry about it, I am certainly not a doctor either. We all learned something(I wouldn't have thought a person could be physically alive at 82 degrees F), so we came out better for it.   :-D

Astir

I'm always under 97, and always on the cooler side. Unless the temp is over 77, I can begin shivering at any moment. It's just that I have very low blood pressure. On the contrary I do fine in the heat (100 +).

GANAMOHA

warning: avoid direct exposer to sunlight
thats what it would say if I came in a box. I can stand hot weather (its 96 right now) I love it cold and cloudy. I dont know why but cloudy skys just seem so soothing.