News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Reverse Speach "Phenomenon"

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashfo

what exactly is a .ram file?

- Ashfo

Grenade01

real audio

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Ashfo

Thanks. Listening to it now.... Im getting prepared to be amazed :)

just heard the intro...hehe

- Ashfo

Qui-Gon Jinn

oh, my bad, it is real audio just as Grenade01 said...   so just put http://events.yahoo.com/shows/endoftheline/9707/end0722.ram in your real audio player and of you go!!  you will be charged 9.99$ afterwards though -
psyched!  It is for free of course...
  I´ll go listen to more of the reverse speech programs now, there are plenty of ´em since the first ones back in -97...   go check out reversespeech.com if you wanna learn some more, although that program will tell you pretty much everything and a little more about what RS is, as well as many high caliber reversals....   and of I go...   be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Qui-Gon Jinn

I guess if this proves to be the real McCoy, and what I have learned some people consider it proven beyond no doubt, well...  let me tell ya this, we might not have so many politicians left in the future........ ;)  because the truth comes out backwards, it sounds absurd but.................. let´s face it, we haven´t mapped the human psyche yet so...  and if it is as they say that if you play human speech reversed you will every 10 second or so (I think the claim was) hear more than just bldfjbölsdjgsölafjl (some swedish vocals sneeked in there I notice;), well then we are on to something!!
Can´t wait to hear what you Ashfo has to say about this "field", if you follow the whole program through that is?´

Take care //Qui-Gon

cainam_nazier

Your link does not work for me but I have previously looked into the idea.  I don't know if it is a real thing or not.  We have al heard the stories of satanic messages being of records when you played them backwards but that is a bunchh of bull.  You can read almost anything into it.  I believe that it is more the case that the speech is garbled to a point that your brain is more recalling things that it sounds like and telling you that is what you hear.  

You might hear tomatoe I might potatoe.  Its one of those things.  Region, dialect, accent will all change what every ones heards.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Qui-Gon Jinn

It don´t work?  Weird...  oh yea...  does a "sign" come up and say "error" or whatever?  It does for me, I just press OK and then it loads - weird, but it works, on my puter that is.....     I know what you are saying about these supposed "satanic" messages, that sounds to me like qualified BS, unless the artists making the records are satanic worshippers ;)
 If you listened to this show your opinion would probably change dramatically, you may wanna try going to http://events.yahoo.com/shows/endoftheline/97archives.html and go to the 22nd of July, perhaps that may work better, couldn´t hurt to try at least...

You said; "I believe that it is more the case that the speech is garbled to a point that your brain is more recalling things that it sounds like and telling you that is what you hear."  
  I thought that to in the beginning, but my opinion totally changed...   and I am skeptical by nature..   one just can´t close your eyes, or should I say ears this time, for some things...    and the thing is, if I say on a nice sunny day  "the weather is awefully bad" today, the reversal doesn´t come out "jee, I would like a pizza right now" (well it could perhaps but that isn´t what the reverse speech researchers base their science on, yea it´s become a science, David Oates the leading researcher was even nomineed to the Nobel Price for this I heard), it would have to do with that I said about the "lie" I said about the weather....   the reversal when playing that sequence of me saying the weather is bad would come out for example like "I ain´t telling the truth", or "it´s actually very nice".........  see what I´m saying....    the reversal has something to do with words being reversed, not just whatever random words "taken out of context".

"You might hear tomatoe I might potatoe. Its one of those things. Region, dialect, accent will all change what every ones heards."

Well that may be the case of really lousy reversals I reckon´, but with the clear ones there is no real doubt as to what is being said...

Anyway, hope you´ll get access to that July 22 -97 show when trying the other way...

Take care //Qui-Gon

Grenade01

I listened to 75% of it.
pretty trippy stuff
that baby sample on reversespeech.com freaked me out
that and the moonwalking backwards

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Qui-Gon Jinn

pretty trippy, good way of puttin´ it.. ;)   I haven´t yet listened to any samples on the website yet, to busy listening to the radio programs with David Oates on Rense.....    how did the "moonwalk" reversal turn out?

Be well //Qui-Gon

cainam_nazier

I managed to get the link to work.  I still find it interesting but it also remains as one of those iffy subjects for me.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Ashfo

I just finished listening to the interview.

Absolutely fascinating.

I myself believe but have a few questions which I'll outline in a little bit... but to address cainam I'd like to remind him that everything said in reverse speech is contextually related to what is said in "forward speech". I could understand skepticism, and myself would probably be so , if the phrases created in reverse speech were simply random instead of being directly related to what we say in our regular speech.

You can say its imagination; you can say its just formed randomly from the garble, but you cannot argue that you mind will always imagine something related to what is being spoken in regular speech... This theory is also discounted when he first plays reversed speech which you can clearly understand and then you hear the regular speech, which is contextually related to what you first heard in the reverse speech.

The questions which I will email him with are these;

* A whole host regarding other languages. If in another language contextually related phrases can be heard backwards in the same language from original speech then this puts huge weight on the theory. If, however, their is no reverse speech in other languages the theory could be discounted to some pecularity of the English language. And if English phrases are heard backwards in a foreign language then you must make the same assumption - unless of course you want to assume that English is the "master language".

* What is the percentage of metaphoric vs "ordinary" language found in reverse speech?  If the percentage of metaphoric reverse speech is up in the 90s then it could be argued that contextually related reverse speech is only a rare occurence and that anything can be read into a metaphorical statement, causing the effect of it being contextually related.

Well, thats it... Qui can I have your opinions regarding the other interviews? Are they as interesting after the first? Is old material re-hashed? Is their much point in even looking at them?

Thanks for posting this!

- Ashfo

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hello Ashley,
I to would like to find out how much of the reverse speech is of a metaphorical nature, certainly though most of what I´ve heard David Oates play on the Jeff Rense programs is of "ordinary" speech....   but then again every now and then - a few metaphores is tossed into the mix, and well, that may just be how our subconcious "thinks", I dunno...   but the things that really convinced me this is a true "phenomenon" is those really long phrases, which hangs together very well and really puts forward an intelligent meaning (there are some really intelligent reversed phrases consisting of more than ten words, how bigga chance is it that this would occur??), as well as having something to do with the ordinary/forward speech.....    I dunno how many of those phrases were played in that 22th of July program you listened to, but I can definately recommend listening to the next following ones as well...   the next one was in August if I´m not mistaken...  3rd?  Not sure on that one.....   there was one before the 22th to I think.

David Oates has actually been one of the most, if not THE most, frequent guest (due to request) on Jeff Rense at least back in -97 and -98, so you´ll find many programs with him there.....     I guess you´ve already figured it out how to browse through the programs?  If not, go to http://events.yahoo.com/shows/endoftheline/97archives.html, and then just replace the "97" in the URL with "98" and so forth up til...  ehh.....  "02" ;)   had to think for a moment there, just woke up...  lol..

And about the language, I can´t see why other than the english language wouldn´t be "reversal material" as well, if not, well then I reckon´ one could dismiss the whole thing right?  But David admits that he himself at least, and there aren´t that many researches out there yet I think, hasn´t researched how reverse speech in other languages turns out...    and that english would be some sort of master language, that I strongly doubt.... ;)
 Perhaps I´ll get me one of those Sony machines he recommends on a later program, on which one can record and play very high quality reversals oneself....   could be very interresting!!

I would really wanna find out also, if the claim is correct that about every 5th-10th second something other than just babble comes out when doing reversals, if that is correct than there really would be no doubt this is real would it??
  If one "real phrase" came out just once every 7th hour, then it could be just a mere coincident, almost logical I reckon´, but apparently it is much more frequent than that....   well this whole thing certainly caught my interrest so I´ll be doing some more listening/research on it at least, before dismissing it as - the word I first gave it before learning more about it - R-U-B-B-I-S-H ..   ;)

May the force be with you//Qui-Gon

Ashfo

heh, I'm with you... I thought it was bull first but now I'm really interested and plannin on doing my own.. I infact even contacted an old mate of mine and we're contemplating if things work out opening a website which focuses more on exposing goverment cover-ups found in reverse speech more than the actual science itself (though I am also very interested in that).

Here is the reply and the email I sent (reply first)

--------------------------------------------------

Hello Ash,

Very good observation on your part and a very good question.
       First of all, all credit goes to Australian researcher David John Oates who
discovered and wrote the theory on Reverse Speech in 1987 after researching the
phenomenon for four years. I have just been assisting in any way that I can over
the past few years.
       David's research and from the examples I have heard myself, it is clear
that Reverse Speech occurs in all languages and usually in their native language
that they speak forwards. We have many people doing work in Reverse Speech in
German, Norwegian, Swedish, Greek, Spanish, and even Japanese, and they all report
the same findings.  However, there are many examples that really suggest that the
Reversals occur in whatever language the person is thinking in. We have many
examples of translators speaking one language and having Reversals occur in another
language. So, it is safe to say that at least people who are fluently bi-lingual,
can have their Reversals occur in whatever language they are thinking in.

Also, I am puzzled as to what is meant by your P.S. Please Explain?
P.S: No hard feelings bout the whippin' your sure to recieve in the weekend,
mate! Hope your not from
ATC...

Jeff

troll@inspire.net.nz wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I'll keep things brief as I'm sure you are extremely busy and have other things
> that need doing, but I thought I'd bring this idea to your attention as I
> haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and I consider it perhaps the one most
> important factor that could either back up your theory entirely or shatter it
> to pieces.
>
> It is on the subject of languages. If in another language contextually related
> phrases can be heard backwards in the same language from original speech then
> this puts huge weight on the theory. If, however, their is no reverse speech in
> other languages the theory could be discounted to some pecularity of the
> English language. And if English phrases are heard backwards in a foreign
> language then you must make the same assumption - unless of course you want to
> assume that English is the "master language", no doubt a foolish one.
>
> To me this is perhaps the most important thing that research could be done on,
> for if the unconscious mind automatically creates and sends messages through
> our speech then it must follow that in any language the same thing is done.
>
> I would also like to take the oppurtunity to congratulate you immensely on your
> work - it is tremendous.
>
> Yours,
> Ash
>
> P.S: No hard feelings bout the whippin' your sure to recieve in the weekend,
> mate! Hope your not from
> ATC...

---------------------------------------------

I find that incredible but also logical. If you were speaking in Japanese and also thinking in Japanese, then reversals would occur in Japanese, but if you were thinking in English reversals would occur in English. That is an incredibly strong point that backs up RS and his theory.

It also proves RS is made in the unconsciouss mind absolutely, rather than just theoretically.

I'm sure it proves something else as well but I cant think what... hehe

Mind, if I were a politician I would think in my own language I created while speaking in English so nobody could ever do reversals of me :P

Also, I'm gona buy a digital recording thing which I can hook up to the computer and reverse, slow down etc.. :)

- Ashfo

Qui-Gon Jinn

You better be on your toes though if your website gets to "succesful", David John Oates has recieved alot of death threats I´ve learned, as well as got his house, or research facility, burned down - arson....   some people don´t want reverse speech reality out, I guess you can figure out why...
  I can tell you after another half day of research (and the other half on the beach, man the sun bites at this point of year!!) I have no doubt as to the validity of this phenomena....  I´ve listened to I think it is 5 programs now with Mr. Oates on (I found I think it was the show back in 28th of May -98 was very informative) and done quite some reading on reversespeech.com, enough to be convinced of the validity of this ground breaking discovery - hasn´t made it (not REALLY anyway) to the main stream media though - surprise!! (not)

So it was to Jeff Rense you send the email eh´?   And he answered you that quick?  He is one hell of an intelligent individual btw, and he doesn´t question the validity on RS either...   I´m kinda curious about your "P.S" as well ;)    Whippin´ - did you just threaten the man?  hahaa... just kiddin´ mate!

"Also, I'm gona buy a digital recording thing which I can hook up to the computer and reverse, slow down etc.. :)"    I would like to do that as well, my stone age puter wouldn´t be up to the task though...   but I´m moving in August and will take my brothers puter (like he would have anything to say about it, lol...  got his permission) )to my new place, and that one isn´t stoneage, just brons - so I´ll have to wait until then I reckon´....

Take care //Qui-Gon   .... or should I say Nog-Iuq? ;)    it wouldn´t like Nog-Iuq in reversal though....

Ashfo

hehehe

No, actually the Jeff was from the RS website... must be his employee or something I guess.

I know that RS is a dangerous thing, but I dont really expect the website to take off entirely, but if it does then, well... at least I am perhaps a little safer in NZ than I would be in the US :P

And it is going to be revealed now, too many know of it, its slowly becoming more mainstream and it will get out.

Oh, as for the PS, it was a joke about the upcoming Super 12 final which is between ATC Brumbies (Aus) and Canterbury Crusaders (NZ) this weekend. I figured someone in Aussie might have answered and got it, but apparently not :P

-Ofsha

Qui-Gon Jinn

New Zealand seems to be a bloddy nice piece of land...   awesome environments!!     I thought why did he send the mail to Jeff Rense, didn´t make any sence, but now I understand....

Super12, cricket eh´?  Rugby?   I place my money on Crusaders anyhow!!´

oaic olleb //iuq-nog

distant bell

hallo richard!

hoppas alt e gött i k-hamn!

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Ashfo

Yeh, NZs wonderful... I love skiing in the Southern Alps or even at Ruapehu (North Island). I only started to realise how lucky we were when I went to the US and descneded into the smog at LA.

heh, Rugby...

yeah, go for the Crusaders.. they havent lost a match this season :)

- Ashfo

Qui-Gon Jinn

Felix, all e gött i Karlshamn!  Har ju varit fint väder nu i några dagar, och jag har inte jobbat heller, så har "hajkat" nu de senaste 2 dagarna....   vi har underbara skogar/grönområden längs med havet, så sista två dagarna har jag nog gått lite drygt 3 mil tror jag...   stannat & lapat lite sol oxå så gått iväg 11 på förmiddagen, kommit hem vid 19snåret...   kanon!   hur ere i Lund da?  pluggar hårt?

Ashfo, I take it you were a bit offended when my first guess was Cricket´, hahaaa...   well Cricket is a big sport down there ain´t it?  
 I to realized how lucky I a to be living in Sweden when I was in New York last year, wouldn´t stand if for more than a few weeks...  we were on the bus on our way to New Jersey when the tour guide said: "and looking out to our right we can see the beautiful meadows of New Jersey which we are very proud of", there were some grass on a lil plate of land pretyy much, I thought she was joking at first but apparently that´s nature for them ;)

Be well //Qui-Gon

bitsmart

Hee hee, here we go: (cracks nuckles);

Consulting my copy of 'Healing Sounds - The Power of Harmonics' by Jonathan Goldman, I'll give you a summary of a theory entitled 'Sound as a carrier wave of consciousness.' I see this as basically the same thing as reverse speech, with a slightly different twist.

Goldman's colleague Steven Halpern, PhD says that your thoughts, emotions, and most importantly 'intention' are encoded into sounds you vocalize, and that this information is picked up on a subtle level on the recieving end. It is this idea of 'intention' that gave Goldman his formula FREQUENCY + INTENTION = HEALING. This is how Goldman and others use their voice to heal people. When the intent is to heal, the sound projected from the healer energetically heals the target based on the encoded signal. The book doesn't say anything about reversal, but the idea is otherwise pretty similar, wouldn't you agree? And this principle doesn't just apply to healing, but all sonic communication.

The book is fascinating nonetheless, and I would highly recommend it to ANYONE.

Related link: http://www.healingsounds.com/

P.S. Listen to Jonathan's "Tibetan Deep Voice", it's soooooo cool. All human voices create harmonics, that's how we make vowel sounds, but if you learn to control it you can create harmonics like this. It sounds like an inhumanly deep voice combined with an angel singing--unreal!

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Rob

Qui-Gon thanks so much for posting this up! I am now on my second interview - very recent one at:
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1010352&location=lng
I am listening to it now, it has some ones on bush at the end am told. He lost his son a while too, sounds very suspicious, very really terrible thing to happen and it seems like it was because of his work in the the reverse speech area. I guess there are a lot of people who are not happy with him.
Anyway this has given me a very reliable way of getting to the truth in politics and conspiracy theory stuff. I remember someone else on this thread said something similar but can't find who it was - but if you are interested in setting up a site exposing as much as possible get in touch. I am looking at bush interviews at the moment but don't have much time with exams and all. Will get on to it more seriously in the future though.
cheers!
Rob

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Qui-Gon Jinn

Bitsmart, I was on the healingsound website a few days ago and listened to one audio file, I reckon´ it was Jonathan´s "Tibetan Deep Voice" that you were reffering to, but that couldn´t be just his voice, sounded like an instrument in the background if I remember....

I agree, the "idea", the basics, seem pretty similar to that of reverse speech, in that "our thoughts, emotions, and most importantly 'intention' are encoded into sounds you vocalize, and that this information is picked up on a subtle level on the recieving end."

Inguma, you´re welcome. I haven´t heard that interview you are talking about, haven´t heard more than one (about reverse speech that is) from this year actually, and don´t recall hearing Bush reversals, but I´ll get to that one perhaps.
  David John Oates lost his son?!?!   Recently?  That´s new to me as well...
 I read a skeptics views of this whole reverse speech "phenomenon" some days ago, it is good to hear "both sides" out, I´ll post the URL to that one soon if I´ll find it again...   still though, I believe in this phenomenon being Real..

Be well //Qui-Gon

Ashfo

I agree speech probably communicates on many different levels that we are entirely unaware of.

Speech being one of the oldest forms of communication humans have used would have allowed it to progress to a much deeper level than we realise.

Heh.. Guess if the internet is round for another coupla million years our unconscious mind will communicate through that huh?
:P

- Ashfo

Rob

Hey guys!
Below is a link to a 613Kb file with a few audio clips on it from RB's interview, but in reverse. Each little segment is seperated, and you can play it on winamp but it is better if you can slow it down. Software for this can be found at www.goldwave.com. Each clip contains a phrase or just some words thrown in there randomly, so - what can you all hear?! I have made my mind up about a lot of the phrases but would love to hear what you all think. There are reversals on RB, Art and one of the callers at the end of the show.

www.blanc.demon.co.uk/backtalk.mp3

enjoy!

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

bitsmart

quote:
Originally posted by Qui-Gon Jinn:
Bitsmart, I was on the healingsound website a few days ago and listened to one audio file, I reckon´ it was Jonathan´s "Tibetan Deep Voice" that you were reffering to, but that couldn´t be just his voice, sounded like an instrument in the background if I remember....

I agree, the "idea", the basics, seem pretty similar to that of reverse speech, in that "our thoughts, emotions, and most importantly 'intention' are encoded into sounds you vocalize, and that this information is picked up on a subtle level on the recieving end."

Be well //Qui-Gon

If you clicked the link on the front page right below his picture, that's the one I'm talking about, and yes, that's his voice, nothing else. Doesn't that sound tight? It's nothing superhuman, it's simply training the voice to surpass the capabilities most people have, concerning the harmonics of the sound created by the vocal cords.

I've been experimenting with vocal harmonics for about 4 months now, and I'm able to get the same effect, just not as pronounced. Try it, vocalize a vowel sound like UH or OO deep down in your throat, shaping your mouth and lips to change the vowel sound. After a few seconds you should hear harmonics start to be produced, and if you change the shape of your mouth the harmonics will change too. Remember, deep down in your throat.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -