News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Robert Bruce - Mastering Astral Projection

Previous topic - Next topic

NightFalcon43

Hello All,
     I would like to introduce myself and say hi to all those here in the forum. It's my first day here! First of all, I'll give you a brief background on myself and this subject. I became interested in lucid dreaming about 10 years ago. I read a few books on the subject but had trouble finding time to work on the skill. I've had two or three lucid dreams but nothing recent. I thought astral projection was absurd and people talking about it were looney. I now understand there is more to things than I thought. I came across an ad on fb, out of the blue, and it was something about astral projection, so I decided to read a little bit about it. Now I am extremely interested! I'm a very private person. Talking about personal things in my life is not something I enjoy doing with strangers. This topic is very uncomfortable for me to talk about because everyone has contradicting beliefs about it. However, I started reading the book "Mastering Astral Projection" by Robert Bruce, and feel like I have to talk with someone about it. My wife listens and tries to talk with me, but she has her own beliefs and doesn't find the subject as interesting as I do.  I'm not interested in trying to change her views, I love her for who she is. So I need to step out of my comfort zone and get to chatting with like minded people. I was hoping to find someone who has read the book and gone through the 90 day guide, or has just started and wanted to discuss the journey. I'm currently on day 4 and have a strong resolve to complete this training. There you go. I look forward to learning and growing with you guys and hope to some day help others myself.

See you out there,
NightFalcon43

EscapeVelocity

Welcome to the Pulse!

You can share here, no harsh judgments...we are all learning. It's a cool place.

At the top of each Subject Board you will find blue, highlighted topics we call 'stickies'. These are topics that were well-described and authored so we gave them some priority. The first and third Boards have some particularly good topics that will answer some of your questions and provide needed context.

The Bruce books are a good start and you may well find success with them. I disagree with some minor points of his general perspective, the most concerning being what I consider too much emphasis on 'negative entities' and the supposed trouble they present. In my own experience, this seemed to be nothing more than a nuisance-phase that people quickly pass through, if at all. RB also seems to focus his exit techniques towards what he refers to as the RTZ (Real Time Zone) or the Etheric Plane in Occult terminology. There are many traditions and cultural perspectives (Dreamtime, Spirit-travel, Dreamland...) but it breaks down basically into two camps or schools of thought on all this- Some see it all as Astral Projection, no matter where you end up. Then there are those, and I am one, who break it down into the Occult/Theosophical perspective of the multiple Planes or Dimensions- Physical, Etheric, Astral, Mental, Causal...etc.
In my own experience I did start out with what I came to consider Etheric projections, and eventually progressed into Astral, and then Mental Plane projections. For me there were obvious and distinct differences especially between Etheric and Astral.
So I think it can be helpful to point out these distinctions and terminology that you will encounter as you research this subject. Your first projections will be highly individual and particular to you and your interpretation of them filtered through your belief systems and expectations. And a certain amount of distortion is inevitable, so you need to stay open to changing perspectives on this practice. Given time and a number of experiences, you will then begin reconsidering your dreams, Lucid and otherwise, and any non-ordinary states of mind.

This practice, if you pursue it, will show you how incredible your consciousness can be and what it is capable of.

It is real.

It's not just dreams, although they are part of it; it's not just fantasy or imagination, although those techniques may be used at times to get things moving. It is your consciousness opening to the Wider Reality and it's relationship within this multi-dimensional Multiverse.

It is fun and mystifying and wondrous and frustrating and never-ending learning and challenging and a little scary now and then and fascinating and soul-enriching. And there is work to be done when we are ready and offer to be of assistance. There is help available from the other side, guidance and teaching. We simply have to make a sincere request.

Yeah, it's a hoot!

Enjoy

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

NightFalcon43

Hello EscapeVelocity!

Thank you for the kind words. I hope to one day understand more deeply what you are talking about. I'm on day 5 of my journey and am still struggling with remembering my dreams and staying awake during breathing exercises, lol :) I'm very excited about everything I have experienced so far. I seem to work best with step by step instructions like in this manual, or a similar style. The stuff I've seen on YouTube seems very fast and undisciplined. I'm sure it works for some, but I really want to learn everything correctly and thoroughly. If no one else has gone through this particular guide or is going through it currently, I'll just rely on the experienced people here for any help or suggestions I can get.

Also, if anyone has questions for a newcomer, I'd be glad to help in anyway I can.

Today, I had trouble remembering my dreams. I know for sure I had a dream last night. I somehow knew it was long (or seemed long relatively speaking). As soon as I woke up, I stayed still with my eyes closed and tried to remember any detail I could... nothing. The same thing happened the night before last. However, on the other 2 nights I was able to recall a good bit of the dreams. I write down some key words at first, and then go into more details in my dream journal.

I've been doing the exercises in the book. Today, the energy body stimulation went very well. I can feel something going on in my body. Descriptions are difficult, but I do feel something. I guess that is a good thing. It does seem to linger during the day as well.

I also have trouble with the breath work. It is hard to keep thoughts from my mind. I try to focus on the breathing, but random thoughts keep popping up. I hope this gets easier with practice. When I do get going and keep my mind clear....zzzz. I drift in and out of sleep. I will persist! I wonder if anyone else has the same difficulties?

I would like to keep posting if anyone is interested in discussion. I hope to meet some like minded people and become part of the community.

See you out there,
NightFalcon43

PS- is this the right area of the forum for this post?

Lumaza

Greetings NightFalcon and welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

I see EV has already filled you in on some important info here. He is very versed on the what's what and how to's pertaining to this subject.

When I was new here, I used and still do use today my own tweaked version of Robert Bruce's NEW. I enjoy working with those etheric energy techniques. I use it for controlling pain as well. It works very good. I used to be a member at Robert's Forum (astraldynamics.com), but like EV here has stated, he focused a bit too much on the "negs". I,  like most people here experienced "fear tests" and yes, they were of a negative nature, but once I confronted them, they stopped occurring. I found though that if you go into the other realms with a focus on fearful things, then fearful things you shall find!  :-o

You recently mentioned your trouble with remembering your Dreams.  Nightly affirmations will aide you profoundly in rectifying that problem. I still use affirmations every night when I close my eyes to go to sleep. Through the years I have tweaked them, but the "nucleus" seems to stay the same. Mine goes like this "By my act of will I release my focus over my physical body. I am consciously aware in my sleep, KNOWING my physical body lies sleeping safely and soundly in my bed. Please TAKE ME to your desired destination. SHOW ME what I need to SEE. TEACH ME what I need to LEARN. I learn from and enjoy my experiences. I also REMEMBER them when I awaken for the say".

I visually image the capitalized words. That seems to imprint them deeper in my mind. As you can see, my affirmation is a bit lengthy. But, it covers all the bases. You can create your own as you wish. Just make sure that you words that show this is already happening, instead of using words asking for it to happen.

The faling asleep while doing your breathing exercise, shows that the breath work is thoroughly relaxing you. This is good. You just need to stay consciously aware while doing them. That will come with further practice.

You will find many great techniques here on this Forum. The "right way" is the one that works for you personally. I like to experiment, it always keeps this practice "fresh". The key is to stay consciously aware during the entire process or gaining your awareness during a dream. Both lead to unique adventures. My technique is more focused on keeping the mind active, using visualization, while the natural "shift" in consciousness occurs. I would be happy to explain that further and will give you a link to that thread, if or when you decide to go down that road. For now, stay the course with what you are doing. Robert's teachings have led to success for many people. Just don't get caught up with the "jargon". Keep a open mind and go see for yourself what's what. Rid yourself of all expectations and learn to "passively observe" everything, until you get the hang of it.

You will also find that the more you allow this new focus, your intent to consume your mind, the better your results will be.

You need to learn to walk before you can run. There is definitely a learning curve here. In the beginning you are normally rewarded with "sneak peeks", very fast limited adventures. But, that gives you a chance to see to what could be, if you so wish to continue down this path. Becoming consciously aware has many perks, some that you can use here in this physical waking realm and some that help you navigate your way in the otherwhere!

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

desert-rat

Welcome to  the forum . I wont say Robert Bruce is right or wrong , but from the little I have read of his work  he has some different ideas .

NightFalcon43

I've been having trouble posting. So it seems that Robert Bruce isn't the most popular person on this forum. I really do appreciate all the advice you guys are sharing. Keep it coming. I'm mid way through the second week of the course. I haven't read anything on the negative stuff yet. Perhaps that was mostly in his other book, or maybe I just haven't got to that part yet. If anyone has other suggestions for a learning course I would like to hear about it. I looked around at a few different places for instructions on this subject, but most of the instructions are 5 min how to instructions, or 12 hour guides meditation. Neither of those methods appealed to me. I had hoped there would be more chatting on here, but I too have limited time to spend online chatting. I also anticipated more beginners to talk with and compare notes kinda thing.

I have been noticing small changes in daily life. Maybe "Intuition" type feelings. Also, things seem a little different. I feel more awake. Is this common?

Lumaza

Quote from: NightFalcon43 on October 08, 2019, 11:36:46
I've been having trouble posting. So it seems that Robert Bruce isn't the most popular person on this forum. I really do appreciate all the advice you guys are sharing. Keep it coming. I'm mid way through the second week of the course. I haven't read anything on the negative stuff yet. Perhaps that was mostly in his other book, or maybe I just haven't got to that part yet. If anyone has other suggestions for a learning course I would like to hear about it. I looked around at a few different places for instructions on this subject, but most of the instructions are 5 min how to instructions, or 12 hour guides meditation. Neither of those methods appealed to me. I had hoped there would be more chatting on here, but I too have limited time to spend online chatting. I also anticipated more beginners to talk with and compare notes kinda thing.
Check this Sub forum out! It is loaded with great techniques. Pay particular attention to the "Stickies" you will find there.
Welcome to Astral Consciousness!
All methods and experiences of achieving Astral Projection and expanded consciousness other than OBE, including but not limited to Phasing and Meditation

QuoteI have been noticing small changes in daily life. Maybe "Intuition" type feelings. Also, things seem a little different. I feel more awake. Is this common?
These things are the result of "awakening". You will find that the more consciously aware you become over "there", the more you will also be here in this physical realm as well. That's basically one of the perks of this practice. Sometimes it feels like you have opened your eyes for the first time!  8-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

Hi NightFalcon4,

Sorry I haven't chimed in already, things have been quite hectic my way lately which has kind of turned me into a temporary hot mess. Anyway, I don't really mention the book authors too much in my posts here but that is simply bc I came really late to the table and didn't have the advantage of learning from them. And the simple fact that unlike Lumaza and EscapeVelocity I am wholey terrible at describing 'how' I do anything I do.

Having said all that I will now tell you who I have learned the most from. Hold onto the seat of your pants cause here they are (in no particular order): Szaxx, Lumaza, EscapeVelocity, LightBeam, Plume, T-Man, Volgerle, Rakkso, Baro-San, Schmustin and a few others. These are all forum members here who are active to varying degrees.

Just this forum alone has really helped me understand and move forward. Like Lumaza said above what you do and learn over there will translate here in the physical sooner or later. You're doing fine and keep asking questions for although we may be few the answers and thoughts provided are generally very well thought out and taken seriously.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.