The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 13, 2021, 07:19:05

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing "X-treme" products  (Read 2162 times)
James S
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2004, 20:00:20 »

LOL![Cheesy]
He SOOO has a point! We get all that X-treme lunacy here as well, esp TV commercials that all have the same theme -  a voice over that sounds done by some guy suffering from constipation, the obligatory thrash-metal musicsome action shot of a snowboarder, mountain biker, or some other sport that's considered "X-treme" (which I find really amusing as I used to race mountain bikes and I consider myself rather N-rmal to A-verage).

[Smiley]
James.

rhinegirl
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 21:01:31 »

One reason society clings to teh X-TREME is that it's teh only way they can avoid realizing how shallow and ridiculous they are. It also keeps them from getting to any real DEPTH on an intellectual, emotional, or spiritual level.

Jessica

quote:
Originally posted by James S

LOL![Cheesy]
He SOOO has a point! We get all that X-treme lunacy here as well, esp TV commercials that all have the same theme -  a voice over that sounds done by some guy suffering from constipation, the obligatory thrash-metal musicsome action shot of a snowboarder, mountain biker, or some other sport that's considered "X-treme" (which I find really amusing as I used to race mountain bikes and I consider myself rather N-rmal to A-verage).

[Smiley]
James.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 21:01:31 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Fat_Turkey
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 22:43:41 »

Maddox's site is GODLIKE. Just look at his points of view on politics and the whole "foreign people are 'stealing' our jobs" scenarios.

Take it all with light humour, some of it may offend you, but that's the point [|)].

I love that site.

~FT

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.
beavis
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 22:34:48 »

If I had to watch an advertisement, I'd rather it be "X-TREME" than boring. A lot of them are rediculous and have no useful information about the product, but thats true about most ads. But the X-TREMEness never causes me to buy something I wouldnt have wanted otherwise.
Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 03:52:19 »

LOL that link was hilarious!!!

JenX
Web/Graphic Designer, Illustrator and Recording Artist
http://www.reverbnation.com/jenx
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 03:52:19 »

chupacabra
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 02:33:00 »

magic sports fairies coming out of your sh*t. i love it.[Cheesy]

raised up like a welt on the skull of a mummy
Tisha
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 14:16:32 »

http://www.maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=xtreme_bullshit

Okay, I laughed.   The link above includes a little bit questionable language and imagery (be warned), but it is funny.  It pokes at marketing's attempts to appeal to the so-called Y-generation.  Which, after all, might just be YOU, so I thought I'd share!

Tisha
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: