News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Screen Names

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

Interesting question. Should get some good answers.

When I first got on the internet several years ago  I came up with my screen name on yahoo, fallnangel77. It was a poetic fallen angel, not a religious meaning like I am or ever was a satanist or devil worshiper. I felt it described me pretty well. My interests being the exploration of deeper truths beyond the physical. At the time I was pretty much Christain but starting to question my beliefs. Also during that time I had moved out on my own completely so the world seemed rather large and confusing. I was starting on a journey to find out who I am. So it was a rather confusing time for me. I felt that fallen angel described my state pretty well, going from the safety of my parents' home to the chaos of being on my own. Of coarse fallen angel was taken when I tried to use it so I played around with combinations until one worked, fallnangel77. 77 being the year I was born, 1977. I did create other screen names for other sites but soon discovered that it could get rather confusing having many different names so I standardized my screen name so that everytime I make one I just use this one. I stuck with this one because it is the name that is on my main email account. I have thought about changing my screen name but it seems too much of a hassle, plus the name seems to always fit me even if the meaning behind it is always changing.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

muzza

Well...mine is pretty boring! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

My real name is Murray...good old Australian nickname for Murray is Muzza...I got it early in life and it has stuck. I answer to Muzza more than Murray nowdays!

BTW, football = aussie rules! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

-- Muzza

kifyre

Mine's pretty stupid, but I've had it forever, so it stays. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Originally:

kifyre = ki + fyre

ki = chi, qi, prana, etc.

fyre = fire

It was never supposed to vocalized. Now it's just a string of characters that represents me. I'm kinda fond of it. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Mark

distant bell

I have always wonderd about your name David- fun to get an answer!

Well, I have called myselfe Distant bell for quite a while on the net.
I originally came up with the idea when I used to hang on an daoistic
forum.. I wanted a name that fitted my two main interests... religion/spirituality, and wierd slow moving ambient music.
So I got this image in my head of a monastery (probably eastern) lying
on some clouded hill top in the fog in the distance.. And I could almoust hear the sound of the monastery bells chiming through the fog... and I loved this image so much! So I tried to sumarise it up in my name..
So I guess one could say that the name came to me through my subconsious...
I really love it- I hope that it gives that kind of feeling to people who see it-
.. but it could probably be interpreted in different ways to...

so now you know..

Felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Qui-Gon Jinn

Neat to hear all of ya stories, cainam - I just the other discovered your name backwards became maniac, didn´t wanna ask if it was only a coincident though, reckon you figured out why ;)   So David, when will we have the pleasure (?) seeing you in the Green Bay custome, playing for the super bowl??

Fallnangel77, pleazed to hear you aren´t attracted to devil worship, I was a bit worried about you for a while mate...      just kidding....   about "77", I though you were a Paul Coffey fan..... but then again, I relate most numbers with sport individuals...  *sigh*    

Murray, when you said "football = aussie rules", can you elaborate on that??
 It just sounded very alien to my ears ;)

kifyre, haa! wouldn´t you know, I had yours figured out actually!!  I put the pieces together some time ago, of course I didn´t knew then but still, one point to me...    

quote; (why cant I use the quote button any longer? bugger) "So I got this image in my head of a monastery (probably eastern) lying
on some clouded hill top in the fog in the distance.. And I could almoust hear the sound of the monastery bells chiming through the fog... "

I can picture the monastery in front of my eyes, it´s in a big wood area with a view of the clear blue ocean, far from civilization as we know it, right?
 Sounds like somewhere I could imagine living....

I am one of the few who hasn´t got any story about any screen name, I just plain and simple stole mine outta a movie, being "TPM", sorry MR. Lucas...

Take care boys n´ girls //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

muzza

Qui-Gon Jinn,

Aussie rules....or 'no rules' as some call it is a brand a football played in Australia. One of the greatest sports in the world but I may be more than a little biased! :)

Look it up...

http://www.afl.com.au

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

-- Muzza

cainam_nazier

Well why didn't you just say Rugby?

American Football, Soccer, Rugby.......Is there anything else that is labled as football?

Does any one have any other different names for sports?

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

muzza

I didn't say Rugby because it isn't Rugby! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> It is a brand of football played pretty much only in Australia. The official name is Australian Rules Football and only really shares the shape of the ball with Rugby.

It can probably be described as a cross between soccer, rugby and gaelic football. It is fast and tough and well worth watching. If you ever head on down to Australia I'll take you to a game! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

-- Muzza

cainam_nazier

I didn't say Rugby because it isn't Rugby!

Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes.  It just looked like Rugby.

It's funny that you mention going to a game.  I have been thinking of moving for a long time now and Australia keeps poping into my mind.

David Rogalski

muzza

You didn't step on my toes http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

And...you would be hard pressed to find a better place to live...although that may be my bias coming out again! hehehe

-- Muzza

Qui-Gon Jinn

Moving to AUSTRALIA??  David, David, David....   you obviously haven´t heard about the huntsmen..  it is a big slimy spider, who crawls all through the country, and it jumps people!!  David, a large spider making a run at people and jumps at them.....   AND, they have black widows there!!!!  AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAaaaaAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1    ;)
  Otherwise, I think Australia is a top place to move...    once the huntsmen are out of the game that is, I wonder how Mobius setting ´em on fire tactic is going...      that rugby type of game sounds a bit weird though Muzza..  ;)

But David, perhaps Teneriffe could be an option?  I´m thinking of moving there actually, and perhaps I´ll have Distant Bell alongside with me...

Take care //Qui-Gon

distant bell

Tenerife?? Did I hear someone mentioning Tenerife??
..ahh... the sun... the beach..
Eh, hombre por que no vamos ahora? Yo quiero I tú tambien me pareces!

Hasta lueg hombre!

Don Felix de la Lund (de la mancha?)

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Rob

ummmm......
I was hoping you wouldn't ask!
But since you did - I got my name years ago when I first started going on the the net and especially when I started playing multiplayer first person shooter games (action quake 2 online rulezzz!!!!!!!!!), it has always been my screen name.
I actually got it from encyclopedea mythica - www.pantheon.org where it says "An evil Basque spirit of the night who strangles people in their sleep."http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_evil.gif" border=0>

It was never intended for places like the psychic defence forum!!!!! So it is a bit inappropriate I suppose, but I have been using it for sooo long I can't turn back now! Still, I kinda like it, though it is occasionally confused with Iguana http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_tongue.gif" border=0>. I guess I selected it because it ran with the hidden darker streak within me' head. I am a really nice guy in person and genuinly but I suppose there has always been a pushing towards the darker side segmented away somewhere. And so I thought it was cool.

and as for football - doesn't the name mean anything to you people????!!!!huh???!!!?? THINK!!! - Foot+Ball = football!!!! How did it all manage to go so wrong????
...lol...

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Qui-Gon Jinn

Don Distante, I checked out a few sites about Teneriffe last night, man they have THE climate over there...  very seldom they have the unpleasant warmth, and very seldom any cold, if at all...  the middle tempratures was in the summer around 26-29, and on the winters not lower than 21, holy smokes!!!

I am talking degree Celcius here, not Fahrenheit...    and the ocean temp., not below 18 in the winters.....    and still, they have snow up in the mountains...   I´m going packing now!!   What do you say, from this weekend on we put in 5$´s each on the football games, and if we win over 1000$´s we share, if we win more than 10000$´s, obviously destiny want us to move to Teneriffe (just need to get rid of my apartment in Kalmar, but that´ll go quick..).....     what do you say, are you up for it??  
 Isn´t it enough living in cold Sweden for as long as we h ave?´  Hell I am really starting to think about this to be honest!!  Perhaps I´ll take some spanish lesson soon, they apparently have beginner lessons here in the city so...

Take care //Qui-Gon

cainam_nazier

Inguma

and as for football - doesn't the name mean anything to you people????!!!!huh???!!!?? THINK!!! - Foot+Ball = football!!!! How did it all manage to go so wrong????
...lol...

I dunno man, I just live here.  If I was in control things would be different.

I wear a button on my jacket that say,"Dark side available apon request."  And oddly enough most people don't understand it.

David Rogalski

lucid dancer

Hi everyone! I'm new here. Reading the messages, you all seem like such nice people! I couldn't resist repying to this one.  Metaphysics have become a big part of my life latey. My name isn't all that strange, I guess.  Lucid dancer  First word relates to my passion for having lucid dreams.  For those of you not aware of what a LD is... anytime you realize you're in the middle of a dream and you can take control.  It's a wonderful playgroud for the imagination!     The second word in my name... well, I'm not supposed to mention sexually related material!

RandomName

I got my name in a very different way than the usual. I started to get interested in psychic healing a few years back, and during a search i came across a site that taught how to create a "Psi Ball". I had tried several times to do it, but failed miserably. Finally one day, while trying, i was hit by an extreme pressure between my hands, and it kind of bothered me. It finally quit, and I REALLY interested in it from that day foward. WellI learneed a bit of healing technique, and i got pretty good. Practicing it one day, I saw a spark between my hands, and I felt a static type feeling between my hands. It was a "shock" so to speak. I went with Psi alone here on the Astral Pulse, but my real screen name elsewhere is PsiShock. Psi also comes from Psionic. Well my email is PsiShock101@aol.com if you want to email me over somethen :-)

Ashfo

I figured the name I use for online gaming isnt suitable for this sort of thing....

Ashfo = Ashley Fogelberg = my name :)

- Ashfo

Eranos

I guess for the sake of an initiation type thing, I'll post here as I've just signed up.  My alias comes from an online game I used to play, Gemstone 3 (some of you might know it...hehe), where he is a Level 8 Dark Elven Sorcerer (he wasn't always level 8, there was a time when he was level 7...but we won't get into that...).  As you can see, I don't spend much time in there, but it's fun to kick back and be someone else...*swoon*.  Anyhoo...it comes from me wanting to have a name that impled sorcerer, but didn't say it right out

S o r c e r e r
E R A N O S  S E R O R A N (actually, the original surname was Ceroran, but elven names shouldn't have hard consonants, your Ks, Ts, Ds, etc., so it became Seroran.  The Ns came in out of necessity)  It kinda makes sense.  To me.  When I've had my daily dose of 4X....j/k.

So...that's about it, I'll finish now.

--

"She was barely a teen
hangin' out inbetween
just a part of the scene...

With mercurial smile
and incurable style
she was only a dream..."
- Bad Religion "Sorrow"

cainam_nazier

That is probably the most interesting one I have seen yet.  As far as a reason.

David Rogalski

kakkarot

wow most of you have some interesting was of how you came up with your names.

well i have a few psuedonyms, so i will tell about ALL of them:

kakkarot - stole off Dragon Ball Z. actually if you read my post about my personalities, kakkarot is the name of my martial artist side

talis - just came to me, but at the time i came up with it i was reading some dragonlance books with a character named Tanis Half-Elven, so my subconscious could have just manipulated it to become talis :)

Arcanum Arcanorum - i wanted a name to portray my other personality, the naturstic one, so i got out a latin book and started looking through it. i found some other interesting ones like "ignus fatuus" which means foolish fire :) . but i finally settled on this one because it means Secret of Secrets, which i am to all my family and most of the people i know ;) .

b0b - this one comes from a character i used to play in one of my friends rpg's that he created himself. the character was originally name Master Corporal Bob, but i changed it later to just b0b to make it stand out. the character was memorable because almost every session we played he died AT LEAST once. the GM was a huge jerk about killing people off, but luckily mine was revived each time.

and those are all the names you might see me as.

Secret of Secrets

astralc

There are some really interesting names here

My name is nothing as interesting as some I have read. I chose my name after many years of astral travelling. When I had to pick a name for my business I thought for ages to find a name that fit. Eventually I settled on Astral Connections, it just sounded nice to my ears. As an astrologer it was also relevant to what I was practicing as well, sort of fitted two streams of my life, one inner and one outer.

Astralc

www.shoal.net.au/~astralc

PeacefulWarrior

My first name is Daniel...maybe I should have chosen something more particular and interesting.  I am proud of my name, in Hebrew it means: :God is my judge"- which reminds me....

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Ryno

I started using Ryno because I have had a lot of people just call me by that nickname. I have had people call me Ryno that dont even know me. After about the fourth time of having someone call me Ryno, I decided that maybe I should just start going by that nickname. Maybe they are trying to tell me I have a big nose!

chohan

quote:
Originally posted by Ryno:
I started using Ryno because I have had a lot of people just call me by that nickname. I have had people call me Ryno that dont even know me. After about the fourth time of having someone call me Ryno, I decided that maybe I should just start going by that nickname. Maybe they are trying to tell me I have a big nose!

Ryno your post gave me a "great big happy". It reminds me of an old tibetan buddhist saying, something along the lines of  "If you find yourself living as a cow,  then just enjoy the taste of grass." Not comparing you to a cow, more like a human who just accepts themself and enjoys their life with no worry as to what the rest of the herd thinks. You could have taken the nose issue personally but you used it for growth instead not to mention that Ryno is a groovy sounding nick.

peace,
cho