News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Serious Practitioners Need Apply

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

We may be starting at the infancy level here in this thread Lu but sometimes that is exactly what even experienced travelers need to do. I personally missed so much in the how to's. Throughout my life I never practiced, never felt I was in charge of any of my experiences, they just happened. Many times I was left feeling more used and abused than anything. Only time and some serious questioning on my part began to bring some sanity to what I felt was an insane world on both sides of the veil. So for me, this and many of your exercises are outlets for me to learn how it all fits rather than a need to accomplish an exit. This is why I often keep my progress to myself as I don't want to derail your aims and what others are getting from this. So like T-Man said,

"I also wanted to thank you for this thread you have started and all the effort you put into it.  I know that there are only a few of us 'on-board' and posting here but I'm sure that there are many others following along and working on these exercises on their own.  I encourage others who are following along at home to stop in and say Hello and let us know this class is much larger than we think!"

I also want to encourage others. While this may be too simplistic for some who are reading at this point, know that it will progress becoming more detailed and involved.

The healing rods play very nicely into this. I agree with your own assessment being like a battery, that was my very first thought the first time I used them.

On the doorbell, I get that too and I don't even have one. Sometimes it's loud knocks, bangs, shouts...
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

MarsZM

Haha... I can't believe the number of times I hear my phone go off during meditation. And I think I know I turned that sucker off..... and I check after the meditation and I have no texts. But I hear it as clear as day. I sometimes catch myself snoring too and I'm wide awake it's a weird feeling. Plus sometimes my eyes feel like they are going into REM and I start blinking uncontrollably while sitting there wide awake
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area

EscapeVelocity

MarsZM-

You stated that you sometimes catch yourself snoring while in an awake state; and I'm assuming you are meditating or something similar.

If this is the case, then this is the exact state you are looking for, if you want a direct approach to AP. So you are already there. It is a slightly deceptive state of awareness because you feel almost normal. But the truth is, this is the Mind Awake, Body Asleep (MABA) state that the Monroe books point you toward. A good percentage of people can readily achieve this state; in my case, I'm not so good at it. This is the borderland to the NP, this is your launch point. It is a great place to become totally familiar with because it will serve you for many years. Some fearful hypnogogia can slip in from time to time, sometimes to test you, so be aware and don't lose your mission!

Once you achieve this state, you then need to apply an "intent". That is a mental declaration to go somewhere or to carry out some specific activity. You can also simply ask for a lesson or experience. Then, just trust and go with the experience that is presented.

Hope that sparks some adventures!

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

MarsZM

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on December 09, 2019, 01:25:44
MarsZM-

You stated that you sometimes catch yourself snoring while in an awake state; and I'm assuming you are meditating or something similar.

If this is the case, then this is the exact state you are looking for, if you want a direct approach to AP. So you are already there. It is a slightly deceptive state of awareness because you feel almost normal. But the truth is, this is the Mind Awake, Body Asleep (MABA) state that the Monroe books point you toward. A good percentage of people can readily achieve this state; in my case, I'm not so good at it. This is the borderland to the NP, this is your launch point. It is a great place to become totally familiar with because it will serve you for many years. Some fearful hypnogogia can slip in from time to time, sometimes to test you, so be aware and don't lose your mission!

Once you achieve this state, you then need to apply an "intent". That is a mental declaration to go somewhere or to carry out some specific activity. You can also simply ask for a lesson or experience. Then, just trust and go with the experience that is presented.

Hope that sparks some adventures!

EV

EV this is great news!

I seem to get there quite easily but nothing happens... even with an intent. I ask source to "come say hi" even if it's an interface that i just feel comfortable with i can ask questions to...

The last time I went in trance (I try a couple hours a day) I saw lots of green color... and i just observed. It was really cool... but i didn't really get anything from that experience and i asked no questions...

a couple nights ago I woke up in my bed and looked around and saw my picture on the wall shimmer a bit... I said huh that's weird am i in a obe? then i tried poking my finger through my hand and it did and i smiled really hard. I flew up to my ceiling on purpose and shot into the sky and saw so many colors and stars.... then after 30 seconds it went away and i lost awareness and it went into a dream... and had zero control. When I woke up i hardly remembered... but all of a sudden i said OH MAN I GOT OUT LAST NIGHT! its crazy how quickly we lose the memory.

even though nothing is happening to me even when i ask im super stoked I can reach this state easily. Somewhat... usually it takes me 15 mins. but i figure with practice i can just close my eyes and be there.

Something is blocking me... and im going through tons of emotional stuff right now. I just have a weird feeling when I get rid of that and lose my fears it's all gonna blow up in my face. I am trying to become a full time medium and this is what i want!

In the past i had remote viewing experiences and obes all the time... i saw what i am assuming are just people in the non physical walking around my house and stuff sometimes... i always saw shadows out of the corner of my eyes. I've had experiences of people talking to me that was so real it sounded physical... my ear bone would even vibrate when this happened... if i opened that all the way I would def want to learn to turn that on and off... cuz i could see how some people wouldn't be able to cope with that unless they could control it.

Thanks so much for the assuring message escape... I am really trying hard and want this bad. I dunno what happened to me... i'm lucky if i get out of body once a year now. used to it was almost everynight.

but i really wanna control it... Like this thread I don't wanna wake up when going to sleep etc... I wanna be here in my physical reality and BOOM just switch realities off and on especially if im going toward mediumship.

Cheers escape :D and thanks again!!

MarsZM

I love when I get to have an obe... things over there manifest so easy. it just feels so natural. It reminds me of this everytime LOOOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w5j1JswmtA

Lumaza

Okay where to start this next post. I guess I will get my "Thank You" out of the way. So, Thank You guys for your kind words. Now to the next section here.

I can see this is all meant to be. So many things are coming together at the right time now. Just today, I logged in to see that you EV and Mars were already talking about exactly what I have been doing some further research on and that's "mind awake/body asleep". I agree with EV, if you can hear yourself snoring, you are in the right state to set a intent and just "go".

A few days ago while perusing some old posts, I came across a great one by Frank Kepple. In it he was explaining his method of Phasing using "color breathing". He would see is head/brain as the color purple and his solar plexus as the color yellow. He called those two areas "centers". He would then send the "purple energy" down until it met up with the "yellow energy center". Once this occurred he would be vibrating could soon "exit" or "shift". It's funny though, Frank used to bawk at talk of Chakras and yet his color centers were the head, known as the "Crown Chakra" and the Solar plexus, known as the "Solar Plexus Chakra". Even the colors of purple and yellow coordinated with the proper Chakras. You can read more about it in this link here. When I said above how things seem to be coming together, I will tell you how now. I have a new computer. Through the years here I saved hundreds of what I deemed important or interesting links from the Astral Pulse in my "favorites" section. When my old computer died, I lost all those links.
Cue to a few days ago. When I log on here, I first go to the bottom of the page and click on "view most recent posts on the forum" button. After reading what's new, I always click on the "users online" button, just below the other one. That usually leads to what I will be reading for the next while. In the "users online" section, it shows you what other people here are reading. 99.9 % of them are either Spammers or just Gawkers. I will then click on a link that interests me and start reading. That's how I recently found Frank's post that I will give a link to below here. It's a good one too.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/hypnogogic_to_vibrations_to_exit_technique-t18212.0.html

Frank's post reminded me of something I used to do too that netted great results. I don't know where I heard of it or who I should give credit to, so please forgive me for that. I think it might have been the "Lucidology" free course of youtube. In it the person was describing "color breathing" as well. Their direction used the colors "orange and blue". Blue I think was the head and orange the body. On a inhale, you concentrated on the color blue consuming your head. On the exhale you concentrated on the color orange flowing through your body. I think I got those right. it might be vice versa though.

Why I like this especially now is because I was doing some experiments in my Phase soak session today whereas I got into the water, closed my eyes and instantly began doing "Etheric exercises". I couldn't feel much at all. The "pump" hadn't been primed yet. I was shown that as well.
I then did my healing modality visualization and immediately after did the exercise again. This time I could feel everything. I saw that this could be a major problem with people that were going from their busy "physical" day and then just lying down expecting to have instant results with their etheric exercises. This really drove the point home of "priming the pump" before we began. That's why I liked the progressive relaxation beforehand. If you don't like the progressive relaxation beforehand, you could choose any other way to "prime your pump" before you move into the etheric exercises. It will really help you. The above "color breathing" that Frank talked about and I mentioned is a great way to do just that. Another way is to listen to relaxing music for about 20 minutes before you practice. You can find all kinds of meditation/Binaural Beat/Isochronic tones on youtube. The videos are all different lengths as well. So you search out any time frame you wish.

On to the next important thing. On another thread recently a member spoke of having problems with itching and gasping for air. These are signs that he/she was too physical focused or were having hard time turning off the physical focus. In today's Phase soak session I was shown some different things and experienced some new things pertaining to just this.
While just "noticing" the darkness before my closed eyes, a faint image started to reveal itself. It was the image of a body. A ghostly outline, but I could tell it was a body. I just observed it for a minute and then the weirdest thing happened. The body raised it's knee and I felt it. One by one the body moved a body part and I was the one that felt it. It seemed like it was some kind of Avatar or Doppleganger. Many times in my Phase sessions I see what seems to be some kind of "pace car' that brings me deeper into the void. That "vehicle" in the past at times was a Horse, a plane, a rocket, a car a motorcycle. All kinds of things.

After observing this new experience further, a very strong thought came into my head, very overpowering and said "Kick back and relax". I thought, where did that come from? But then I saw the image of body in a chair, some kind of recliner and they were doing just that. They were kicking back and relaxing. The chair was reclined. The body had it's legs crossed and it's arms up around it's neck like you see when someone kicks back and relaxes. The scene then zoomed or focused more on the arms. The fingers were locked together, like one does when bending the elbows to hold back of their neck. It immediately hit me. I have been working on finding a way for a person to tell if their body nerves are still firing during the etheric exercises. I finally found my way.

So, I thanked whoever it was that was helping me, got out of the water, got dressed and immediately went and laid down on my bed to work on some etheric exercises. At this point I was still in a lower brain wave, so when I got up out of the water, I was a bit disoriented. For years I have worked using Bin Beats/Iso tone to be able to lower my brain frequency as fast as possible. They also really helped me in learning how to hold that state as well.

So, I was on the bed. I laid down, closed my eyes and locked my arms and hands behind my neck like a person would while "kicking back and relaxing". I then played around with my focus on my hands and feet. I felt a bit, but I wasn't quite there yet. Then it hit me, I began focusing on the just my elbows, one at a time. When I did, I felt my nerves still firing. They were weak, but they were still firing. I could tell because my hands/fingers were locked into the back of my neck and the neck is so sensitive that I could feel a bit of a "twang" there. I kept going with the pinballing focus between the two elbows and soon I couldn't feel any nerves at all. I had finally found a way to test if the nerves were indeed still firing. If the nerves were, my "body" was still too physically focused, which in turn is not what we want here. We don't want to feel the physical body any more at this point. So, this will be a great way for us to discern just how deep we are going.

Two more things and I am done this post. One is to explain my healing modality visual a bit more for anyone that wished to learn more about that. I said above how I use a Mantra, with a accompanying visuals. When I see the accompanying visuals, example Ra would be the sun, I see the sun overtop of the pyramid. For Ma, the water is flowing in back of the Pyramid. For Da, the Earth, plants, trees flowers are surrounding the Pyramid and lastly for Sah, the sky, air, is above the Pyramid. the Pyramid is the only thing that appears in each visual.

For those that have problems visualizing, these etheric exercises are great for you. You don't have to "see" anything. Your focus here is purely "tactile". If you do see something, all the better. Also, if something starts to occur or happen while doing any of these exercise, as in visuals begin to appear, feel free to abort the exercise and "go with the flow"!  :-)

Last night I finished working on a new Crystal Amp design and then relaxed by the computer. I turned on youtube meditative music video and just wound down. While doing that I was reading some old posts here on the Astral Pulse. I did that for about an hour, It was now about 4:00 am and time for me to sleep. I went in my bedroom, laid down to sleep, closed my eyes and after a few seconds, I was immediately in some kind of mall. I was moving forward through the crowd. I attempted to talk with people there, but it seemed I was being ignored. I did have a few people that moved out of the way for me though. That kind of perplexed me. I stayed in that scenario until I finally "clicked out" and fell asleep. I haven't the foggiest on what that experience was all about. But the fact that it was almost immediately after I closed my eyes reminded me of what occurs with me periodically through the years.
The first time it occurred with me was during a shower when I got shampoo in my eyes. I posted this here years ago. I got shampoo in my eyes, closed them just to see that I was teetering on the edge of a raging waterfall. The visuals were incredibly vivid. I didn't intend to see anything. When it occurred, I lost my balance for real and almost ripped my shower curtains down as I was losing my balance.
This happened another time a few weeks later. I was in the shower, closed my eyes and saw that there were people all around me. I seemed to be in the middle of a street. My first impulse was to cover myself up, lol. It was a unique experience nonetheless.

Just recently in a post made by Mars, he was talking about Tom Campbell. I listened to the video at the link I gave him with one of Tom's famous seminar teachings and found that Tom had mentioned something about a person who had never seen a city finding themselves in he middle of a street in NY for the first time ever. He was using it as a example in his talk. I had listened to that video years ago as well. So I want to be completely honest to all here. There is a chance that my consciousness remembered that talk and because of that created the street scene itself. The other experiences I have had with my closing my eyes and just seeing something already there have been completely different. Things that I have never heard of.

Well that's it for now. Keep up the great work guys and gals. I have given you some other things to ponder above. I was shown that was all important to explain because I know that when I was new here and new to the NEW program of Robert Bruce's at first I couldn't feel anything. I realized after while that indeed the "pump" needed to be primed before I was in the state of mind/consciousness I needed to be in to have a successful experience.

One last thing that I thought was pretty cool. My teachings in my Phase soak sessions were getting so lengthy that I was forgetting things I was supposed to write here. To rectify that I would ask to put all of this info into a "mental file" of sorts, that had it's own number. Before writing this post here, I took a few minutes and opened that mental file and all the info came back to me again. I needed to find a way to retain all of the info. I'm sure that other people here have had that problem as well. You stay too long in the "void/NPR" and end up losing all your recall. Kind of like you do when you awaken in the morning from a dream. I have had times when I came out of Phase session and my mind was blank. I had been so deep in "trance" or whatever that I couldn't remember a thing when I came out of it. All I could remember is I was "experiencing".

I just found a computer image of "kicking back and relaxing", In this one, the young lad has his arms behind his head with his fingers locked, just what you want to do too,
https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/kick-back-and-relax-picture-id105671733

Ole Donald here has the right idea too!  :-D
https://clipartstation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/relax-clipart.png
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

Lumaza,
I don't mean in any way to distract or derail from this excellent thread you have started, but I suppose a few off-ramps may have to be explored with certain individuals and hopefully the information will serve to benefit everyone else in their more complete understanding of the big picture which is the NP or the Wider Reality.

MarsZM-
You have now given some additional information which helps in figuring out how to advance in the practice. You understand the MABA state and can usually recognize it; that is great. You understand the necessity to apply an "intent"; that is also a great next-level understanding. But in your case, it's not working. That is a problem and you may not have realized it, but it is another significant step in the art and understanding. I didn't immediately understand it when it happened to me, but I ran into the same roadblock at about the same point in my own development. Now, after a few years, I recognize it happening for others much as it did for me.

It could reflect a more general rule that basically states that when your NP experiences come to a complete stop, it is a sign that you need to realize, recognize and somehow acknowledge a new truth and understanding. And it may require a kind of recommitment of sorts or a recognition for a new direction.

In my case, and others I have encountered, the difficulty you are now experiencing is actually an inflection point, a decision point. You could break it down into several points:

1- Am I truly serious about pursuing this practice?
2- Am I willing to accept responsibility for whatever new knowledge I may encounter...good or bad?
3- Am I willing to change my foundational beliefs to a point that put me in conflict with the social construct around me?
4- And finally and most important, Am I willing to commit myself, not to selfish purposes, but rather to the overall betterment of Humanity/Multiverse despite the additional difficulties I may encounter? Am I willing to help the people around me?

In my own experience, I can only confirm what I have read elsewhere: That continuing experiences and education within the NP does, in fact, require a stated commitment towards these goals.

So, that is something worthy of significant consideration in going forward.

There is a second aspect to your experiences: You have also made the significant recognition of certain moments in your experiences where some thing "shimmers"...this is a key indicator and a fact that I totally misunderstood at the time. In my experiences, when an object "shimmered" or "vibrated", it always drew my attention closer to it, I zeroed in on it...and that was a mistake. It almost always resulted in ruining or ending the experience.

In fact, it appears that this shimmering is a signal that you are focusing on the wrong detail and you should resettle your focus elsewhere or back to its "default" setting of just noticing/observing.

My response here is an acknowledgment of two VERY important aspects of perception within the NP; at least they were for me. Enjoy. Have fun...lol.

EV
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

EV, that was a fantastic post. That is definitely not distracting or derailing to this discussion. "mental preparation" is needed. I listed a number of ways above that they can do just that. But you came at it from a different angle. You used "mental preparation" in the full meaning of the term. I see often here that someone to be successful with APing all of a sudden has their experiences halted. We all seem to get the "sneak peeks", but then the "real" work begins. Not only practicing and putting a effort in, but also coming to "terms" with what we are doing, why we are doing it and what is our own "motivation" to keep doing it. That's why I called this thread "Serious Practitioners Need Apply".

We have seen many people through the years come and go. They learned, got what they "needed" out of this and moved on. No harm, no foul. I'm sure it changed their outlook on a lot of things in life and now they can go utilize what they learned to make their life and others around them the best it can be.

Yesterday I went through some ways that people could "prepare" before they implemented the etheric exercises. I gave them some different techs that they could choose through, basically some ideas. There are a number of things you can do. I change it up all the time. I find if I keep using the same ways, I either get bored or find myself "stuck" as well. I also have to throw some unexpected "curves" into the things I am already doing. People can use any way they wish to get the ball rolling.

In my Doorway thread, in the past, I have written a number of different ways to "disassociate" myself from the focus of my physical body. Right in the middle of sharing a technique, I will throw a "curveball" in with a statement like "okay now open the curtain in front of you and look through it". That statement would completely throw people off. But I found things like that very useful.

In my own etheric practice today, I would take a moment away from the actual hands on practicing to look through my window and see what's happening outside. I wouldn't open my eyes, neither would I feel the need to walk there. I would just will my consciousness there for a moment just to see what I could see. If I saw nothing, I just returned to my etheric practice. If I did see a visual, either fully vivid or just developing I could do one of two things, I could observe it and open my peripheral vision slowly taking on more of the scene or I could just look through and beyond it to see what's there. Both of those things would pull me deeper into the new scenario that appeared there. Then I could just let my curiosity pull me even further. That folks is Phasing 101.

I also wanted to say that that technique that I shared yesterday about "kicking back and relaxing" doesn't need to be done while lying down, as in part of our actual etheric practice. That can be used anytime you wish to see how much you are progressing with this practice in general and can be done while you are doing just that "kicking back and relaxing" on your couch or recliner while watching TV, a movie, listening to music, or just enjoying some quiet time. I found that arm position to be a bit uncomfortable to do for a long period of time while lying down on my back. When I do my etheric body exercises, I like to have my arms at my side and my legs straight.  You don't want to be in any bodily position that's comfortable when you do your etheric body practices. You even want to wearing comfortable, non restricting clothing.

To the Moderators here, I think this whole thread might fit better in another sub Forum of your choosing. I picked this one initially to kind of garner interest. Now that I see that some people are onboard, it seems like it would be better fit in another section of the Forum.
Thank You.  :-)

Lastly, I ask of you to please comment to help us all learn together. Anything that you think might add to the practice, any advise you could give would all help us greatly here. We can also attempt to answer any concerns or problems you may be having with this as well.  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Erik

I've done some excercises but I was feverish last night. I think I come very close to the MABA state. Itching trouble has declined and mind is not so busy.
At this moment I try to move an etheric hand or foot but no success. I catch myself trying it physically, my hand/feet has some tension at that moment.

I concur with Lumanza's remark about the kick back and relax technique. When lying flat I get some straint around my elbows in time.
So in my opinion it is more of an casual excercise while eg watching tv.

My practice at this moment:

- Lie down, breathing in/out
- Use the chest of Robert Monroe to put in my daily issues.
- Apply colour breathing, I think it is quite powerful.
- Progressive relaxation.
- More colour breathing.
- When I have the idea I am fully relaxed I try to wiggle my hands / feet.
- More colour breathing.
- More relaxation.
etc.
Until it's time to stop. My lower back is going to ache after about 40 minutes.

Volgerle

Good news: The daytime exercises get better. I get faster into a relaxed state and maybe even a lowered one (even slight hypnagogics set in, but still enough in control and witnessing it). I also am faster with activating the energy body sensations with feeling the 'magnetic pull' or energy field around my fingers, feet, legs and arms or whatever I focus on and move/wiggle.

(Personally I already added my tree-hug-technique because I want to project with it again like I did once in the past, but I don't want to derail the thread or the normal slow progress with it now).

I am on vacation now, so plenty of time to practice at daytime, too. (Still will use Wb2b too at night). Excited to go on. Also resumed my book again and called in the helpers for assistance.

What I do not understand is the 'kick-back-relax' topic. After a while, I mean when lying down for 20-30 minutes or more, this is not healthy and completely and against the rules of ergonomics physiology and orthopedics.

It is good for short relaxation when you stretch a little but if you lie down like this with your arms 'up' and behind your back/neck you are definitely bound for shoulder aches very soon. I think you need to get in a physiologically 'normal' position when you lie down for a longer while. This is not the way, shoulders should then definitely be 'down' and 'hanging' because this is the physiologically normal position where the orthopedist or chiropractic talks about the zero-mode or -state (any deviation from this by twists, turns, up/down/side bends of your limbs and appendages are then expressed by percentages, the less physiological the higher the percentage). So I really do not understand this. It is not apt for longer meditational activity in my view.

T-Man

I think the whole point of the kick back and relax is just to wind down a little from your day before you start the exercises.  Better to calm the monkey mind chatter before you start.  You can relax a little with your hands behind your head or just sit in a recliner and listen to some music for a bit before the exercise.  There is no rigid requirements to relax before you start.  Whatever feels good to you!

Cheers!
The Adventure Continues...

Lumaza

Quote from: Erik on December 10, 2019, 07:37:19
I've done some excercises but I was feverish last night. I think I come very close to the MABA state. Itching trouble has declined and mind is not so busy.
At this moment I try to move an etheric hand or foot but no success. I catch myself trying it physically, my hand/feet has some tension at that moment.

I concur with Lumanza's remark about the kick back and relax technique. When lying flat I get some straint around my elbows in time.
So in my opinion it is more of an casual excercise while eg watching tv.

My practice at this moment:

- Lie down, breathing in/out
- Use the chest of Robert Monroe to put in my daily issues.
- Apply colour breathing, I think it is quite powerful.
- Progressive relaxation.
- More colour breathing.
- When I have the idea I am fully relaxed I try to wiggle my hands / feet.
- More colour breathing.
- More relaxation.
etc.
Until it's time to stop. My lower back is going to ache after about 40 minutes.

Erik, don't pressure yourself. There is a difference between "allowing" something to occur and "forcing: it.

it sound like the "color breathing" agrees with you. I would stay with that for now and cut the "progressive relaxation" out of your process. Experiment with that and see what feels comfortable to you.

Try to avoid uncomfortable positions so you won't get that tight lower back. In your case I might just raise my knees when I am lying on my back. That should alleviate any discomfort you have. You could try lying on your side as well. We are doing Etheric body exercises, so it doesn't matter what position your physical body is in.

Lumaza

Volgerle, that's great to hear that you are progressing so quickly here. I was hoping this exercise may kind of jump start that passion that you once had with this practice in general.

Go ahead and share your "tree hugging" technique. We are all ears. I used to ,while sitting in my computer chair by the window, close my eyes and will my consciousness over to a large Weeping Willow tree in our backyard that stands about half a football field from our home. Once I had a good lock on it, I would slowly raise my peripheral vision to what was around it. It led to some interesting experiences.  :-)

....and enjoy your Vacation my friend!  8-)

I think you misunderstood my direction on the "kick back and relax" thing. I said you could do that "anytime" you wish and that I it was a way to kind of garner how much you are progressing in this practice. It wasn't part of the etheric body exercises. It was just kind of a "tester" to see how you were coming along with shutting off that nerve impulse.

In it, the arms and fingers were locked on the neck. The neck is really sensitive and it is easy tell if your nerves were really firing as you were pin balling your focus back and forth between your bent elbows. I found that with my arms/hands at my side and my legs straight, that I couldn't feel if my nerves were really firing or not. Why is this important? Because when your nerves stop firing when you focus on your etheric body movement, it shows you are now in a "mind awake/body asleep" mode.

I will tell you the truth. You don't need etheric body exercises to project. They aren't necessary at all. But what you learn during them and what comes after it is important. The control you learn here, you will also have over "there". You are also showing your "higher self" that you are ready to see more. The more you put into this, the more you get back from it. I have found that the years that I have been listening to Bin beats/Isochronic tones/Meditative music has paid off huge. They showed me how to hold onto and recognize the different brain waves that we experience before during and even after a shift in consciousness. Throughout the years of doing my etheric body practices and experiments I have found  how to make the "NPR" become second nature to me. This has nothing to do with bragging or ego. I am sharing what I have found throughout my own journey. Will they work for everyone. It depends. This isn't a written in stone blueprint. This is just a guide line that you can work off of and develop further yourself.

T-Man you are correct. It's a great way to "wind down" from a busy day, hence the term "kick back and relax"!  :-)

Volgerle

Okay, then I misunderstood that kick-relax-thingy. All good again. :lol:

12/12/19: Daytime session. First too much monkey mind, but after a while I got into it deeper with a few hypnagogic flickers and also could play again with the energy around my hands/arms. Notable event: Near the end of session I asked telepathically for the guides (retriever team, nonphysical side) to register with me physically if they 'see' my efforts and 'listen to me', so I have support from them. I got shivers as a confirmation. Note they are not vibrations but rather goosebumpy sensations. I see them as a communication tool by guides or Higher Self. (Another tool by the way is a twitch in the left outer thigh for a 'yes' and the right for a 'no'. Does not work always but sometimes it did.)

Lumaza

Quote from: Volgerle on December 12, 2019, 15:16:36
12/12/19: Daytime session. First too much monkey mind, but after a while I got into it deeper with a few hypnagogic flickers and also could play again with the energy around my hands/arms. Notable event: Near the end of session I asked telepathically for the guides (retriever team, nonphysical side) to register with me physically if they 'see' my efforts and 'listen to me', so I have support from them. I got shivers as a confirmation. Note they are not vibrations but rather goosebumpy sensations. I see them as a communication tool by guides or Higher Self. (Another tool by the way is a twitch in the left outer thigh for a 'yes' and the right for a 'no'. Does not work always but sometimes it did.)
I mentioned above the putting my focus on my window for a few minutes during a pause in my etheric practice. Today, I did one better. I started with my etheric body focus then I began pin balling my focus to my kitchen, living room, to my driveway and then at the end of our road. When I did this, it was quick little peeks. I didn't visualize anything. All I did was send my focus there. At first, I could not see anything but the darkness before my closed eyes. so, I sped up the pinballing and visuals began showing everywhere I put my focus. But I never lingered in one focus too long. It was more about a kind of speedy focal switch. I wanted to see what was already there. This is a great way to trick your NP focus into appearing. Fast targets don't allow the conscious thinking mind to kick in. They use a form of this in "remote viewing". You don't want the analytical thinking mind to kick in. You just want to see what's already "there".

During my etheric body focus, I was on my back lying down and I was bending my etheric knees up and down again. This was in preparation for the next exercise which will be "pedaling" in the air. I did that pedaling in the past and found it was an excellent way to consume my entire focus, while the "natural" shift in consciousness occurred. 

Volgerle, I like the way you have created a "yes or no" communication tool. Very ingenious my friend!  8-)

Lumaza

After my Phase soak session today I once again laid down on my bed to do some etheric body exercise. I first began with just a simple focus on my hands. After a few minutes of that focus of just "feeling" and sensing them, I moved to just simple small movements with my etheric hands, like making a fist. That soon moved to me focusing on my legs. I then moved my etheric knees up and down a few times. Next I raised those etheric legs and began doing the motion of "Cycling" in the air. That motion is actually easy to do because it has a flow to it that is easy to follow.

The real interesting part of this began when I once again began "pin balling" my focus on certain locations. This time, I chose 5 locations that had nothing to do with my immediate vicinity and surroundings. I just targeted the area but when I felt that my analytical mind was kicking in and "creating" the scene, I immediately kicked over to the next location until I knew I wasn't driving the scene. To do this, you must let go of your analytical mind, ego, emotions and just become a "observer". Once a vivid scenario presents itself to you, you slowly open your peripheral vision to the surroundings and begin to "ground" yourself "there". Don't overthink it. If you do your experience will likely be a short one!  :wink:

Erik

Hi fellow practitioners,

Here an update,

Last monday I caught a cold and was feverish this week.
I did some techniques but nothing interesting to report.

Today I did two sessions.
The first session failed half time because my mind and body were too active, I think as a result of a few days too less activity.

The second session was much better.
- Started with overall relaxation of body.
- Deep breathing exercise, I got a bit oxygene high.
- Color breathing purple to yellow.
- I sometimes lost awareness for short time, what I have noticed is I sometimes forgot to breath, could be an explanation for my grasping for air.
- I got in a nice, hovering, light feeling state. I lost sense of time and space. At the moment I realised this, even when my analytical mind kicked in, I was not able to localize the position of my body directly. So I had a full aware floating experience! I had the feeling I was hovering somewhat above my body.
- I got back in physical reality because of the sound of a referee whistle. Of course this was a phantom whistle because I had set the alarm of my phone, but the whistle was about 10 minutes too early.
The only strange thing is that I at the moment honestly thought that the whistle was the set alarm to wake up while I know afterwards this wasn't true.

So I think I am making progression.
However a difference with the description of other practitioners is that I had the feeling when I became aware, my whole body was out. I don't have the experience of having e.g. one etherical hand out yet.

Afterwards I studied the colour breathing tread with Frank Kepple and the excerise he did, this is a real fascinating subject.

Looking forward to read your reports!

Erik

Lumaza

Erik, don't get discouraged by what you see as "lack of progressive". In my eyes, you are doing great. Although we are all engaging here on the same form of "etheric body exercises" we still need to let go of our expectations and just take what is given to us.

You stated that " I got in a nice, hovering, light feeling state. I lost sense of time and space. At the moment I realised this, even when my analytical mind kicked in, I was not able to localize the position of my body directly. So I had a full aware floating experience! I had the feeling I was hovering somewhat above my body." In my eyes, that's better than feeling just a singular etheric body part. The " phantom whistling" that you heard also shows that you had either already shifted or were just on the cusp of a shift, which is what our end goal here is anyways!  :-)

Keep up the great work!  :-)

Lumaza

Lately I have been doing something that really gets the Etheric body movements occurring. If you are a lover of great music, as I am, I'm sure you will enjoy this week's practice.

This week your task is to listen to your favorite music, that has deep emotions and really gets you going. With your eyes closed, feel the music. Feel the rhythm. Feel as your etheric body keeps the beat, sways back and forth to what you are hearing. Lose yourself in song!  8-)

I will start you out with some great videos to "experience".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m7NVFhbx1I
Literally anything by Gary Moore would do!  :-) That first one got my "Etheric guitar" going too, lol!  :-D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEFQxQ_ZCkI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIemkpnMCvg

T-Man

Just wanted to post a quick update.  As stated at the beginning of this thread I had stalled in having NP experiences for the last few months of 2019 but as of the beginning of 2020 things have started up again and have increased in frequency.  I have been having more LD's and last night I had an LD and even attempted an OBE.  I felt the vibrations in my body and waited for them to subside.  I thought of 'exit' and 'ceiling'.  I felt my energy body roll onto my back (I'm a side sleeper) and my legs and arms floated above my body.  I could see the energy in my hands and feet.  I even attempted to roll out of bed but but that is all I could muster.  Don't remember anything after that.   

Anyways, I'm slowly making progress and am happy things have started up again!  :-)
The Adventure Continues...

Lumaza

Quote from: T-Man on January 16, 2020, 14:42:34
Just wanted to post a quick update.  As stated at the beginning of this thread I had stalled in having NP experiences for the last few months of 2019 but as of the beginning of 2020 things have started up again and have increased in frequency.  I have been having more LD's and last night I had an LD and even attempted an OBE.  I felt the vibrations in my body and waited for them to subside.  I thought of 'exit' and 'ceiling'.  I felt my energy body roll onto my back (I'm a side sleeper) and my legs and arms floated above my body.  I could see the energy in my hands and feet.  I even attempted to roll out of bed but but that is all I could muster.  Don't remember anything after that.  

Anyways, I'm slowly making progress and am happy things have started up again!  :-)
Good work T-Man!  :-) I love it when I see progress and hear positive results!  8-)

I thought this thread was going to be sucked into the Astral Pulse "Abyss", like so many others do. I still do my exercises daily. I have moved onto other ones as well, more focused on directional points. But you are seeing the real value in all of this. When you do these daily exercises, you are affirming to your higher self that you are in this for the long run. That you are serious about this and that yes, you are ready to have this be a part of your "normal" everyday life. You can balance both this physical realm here and the "Otherwhere"/NPR. Both have a lot to teach us and those teachings can be utilized in both realms, although the "rulesets: may drastically change, you as a "being" always stays the same!  :-)

Erik

Hi Everyone,

I am still practicing and will keep practicing. OBE or not, learning to relax makes always a better person.
Unfortunateley, I made no progress and have no OBE experiences, only some daydreaming states.

However, last time I become more often lucid in dreams where I freely can experiment with objects and location. But with a lot of restrictions!
The quality of most 'normal' dreams increased. They are clear, easy to explain and contain value.

I have the feeling I am in a learning curve and just have to be patient.

Lumaza

Quote from: Erik on January 17, 2020, 06:38:18
Hi Everyone,

I am still practicing and will keep practicing. OBE or not, learning to relax makes always a better person.
Unfortunateley, I made no progress and have no OBE experiences, only some daydreaming states.

However, last time I become more often lucid in dreams where I freely can experiment with objects and location. But with a lot of restrictions!
The quality of most 'normal' dreams increased. They are clear, easy to explain and contain value.

I have the feeling I am in a learning curve and just have to be patient.

You are correct, learning to Meditate has many positives!  :-)

It sounds like you are doing great Erik. You are now experiencing LDs with "limited control", but you still have the "conscious awareness" of the experience.

Indeed, there is a "learning curve" here. Your constant daily practicing will constantly "reinforce" your desire to succeed here.

The great minds of our past like Nicholai Tesla, Einstein, Edgar Allan Poe, George Bernard Shaw, Pablo Picasso and many others were know to be very "vivid" Daydreamers and used "imagination" often in their work. I think they all managed to access the infamous "Library of Knowledge" otherwise know as the "Akashic Records". They learned to utilize it to whatever their intent needed to be.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
                  Albert Einstein

"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
               George Bernard Shaw

"Everything you can imagine is real."
              Pablo Picasso

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."
             Edgar Allan Poe

EscapeVelocity

Erik,
I will second Lumaza's great advice and add a few points from my own experience. Reading your last few posts I am reminded of my own progression at this point: it was very frustrating at times because I did not have a more complete understanding of what feedback I was getting...I still did not know enough to know what I was getting versus what I was not getting. So your insight of the need for patience is exactly correct.

You are not getting direct OBE experiences but you are learning multiple insights about everything around the OBE experience. That is a definite phase of learning around this time, so yes, you are making progress. You are learning about your LDs and recognizing certain 'restrictions' about them at this time...a great insight. You have also noticed the quality of your normal dreams is increasing, another significant insight.

You got a hypnogogic whistle just like the alarm you set. That confirms two things: First, the whistle was a sign of Hypnogogia which tells you that you were already in the F10 MABA state; second, it was a playful joke from your subconscious choosing that particular whistle sound, a quality of dexterity to realize about your subconscious mind. Who knows, maybe it was a guide messing with you a little,lol.

At this point, if you haven't done so already, I would add a few nightly affirmations to help things along:

I am becoming more aware with each experience.
I ask permission from my higher self to have this OBE experience.
I know that I am safe and protected.
I grant myself permission to have this OBE experience.
Please show me the next and best lesson I need to learn.

Be sincere about the affirmation and offer a little thanks for the guidance you are receiving, that also helps.

When I was where you are now, I think this advice would have helped me, so I offer it now to you. Hope it helps and you are doing great anyway!

EV

-O. Wilde

Erik

First I would like to thank Lumanza and EscapeVelocity for the comprehensive and meaningful replies!
It really helps me and I hope other readers. It is hard to get valuable information about this subject.

Lumanza,
When I got into daydreaming I missed the purpose why I laying there without regretting it afterwards   :lol:.
What I have red, Nicholai Tesla was also famous of his ability to visualize and could detect flaws in his inventions without using prototypes.

EscapeVelocity, I will use your stated affirmations at night. I did already but not so firm.

I already have some experience with sending gratitude.
It should be in the dreams section but I'll keep it short.
First I dreamed that I was in my house of my childhood and entered the bathroom. I was attacked by a shower curtain or a piece of garment, not sure.
I woke up and felt asleep again, I was again in the house. I heard a repeatedly sound like shaking dices in a dice cup, I became lucid.
I tried to track the origin of the sound, it was in the backroom. I still did hear the sound but saw nothing. At that moment I knew the purpose of the sound was to become lucid.
Then I went to investigate the shower to identify what attacked me before. The door handle was real cold metal, the door was real wood and I could not go through it.
I opened the door and there was just a bathroom without attacking garments  :lol:. I think it was some kind of fear test, but I was more curious than scared.

When I woke up I thanked whatever shaked the dices, at that moment I spontaneous got a kind of kinetic woosh all over my body. My interpretation: 'no thanks'

I forgot to mention something about my excersise. It's hard for me to detect my etheric body, I am full of doubt how to sense it.
I know it's hard to describe a feeling but can someone give me some direction in how to sense it?

Greetings,

Erik