News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Sleep disorders.

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

I am currently at 27 hours and counting.

You know its bad when you wish some one would come along and beat you into unconciesness (SP?) just so yu can get some rest.  I would take the bruses and such.  It seems like a fair trade right now.  If I didn't fear loosing my job I would take a nap.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Tom

Have you tried melatonin to regulate your sleep cycle or herbs like valerian, kava kava, hops, chamomile, etc. to help you relax? Lying down in darkness and doing NEW on yourself would help a little even if you can't fall asleep. One of my teachers told me that it isn't necessary for the mind to sleep to have the body get sleep. Actually, now my problem is the exact opposite. I can fall asleep sitting up on a concrete floor. It strongly interferes with astral projection attempts. The only warning I can think to add is that thinking about raising energy while yo do it will keep you awake. Maybe it would help to focus on the core technique of trance induction.

muzza

Hi David,

I have had sleeping problems for quite a long time now. I never used to as a child but as I got older it started. I go through really bad periods of insomnia lasting anywhere from 2 or 3 days to 4 or 5 weeks in which I struggle to get more than a couple of hours sleep a night. I have tried natural remedies with no luck and I hate putting pills into my body so no sleeping pills for me. All I do is persevere and it clears itself up.

I have discussed this briefly with Rob and if I can find his email I will paste it in. From memory it was something to do with restlessness concerning humanity and this time of change we are all going through. Hopefully when the changes are complete we might be able to sleep like most of the rest of the world! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

-- Muzza

cainam_nazier

Tom-

I do me best to stay away from things like that.  It is only because I feel it would mask the true problem at times.  I usually use the time to reflect on what is going on in my life to see if there is something that is bothering me and if I can fix it.  Which I can cause I can fix anything....I am God gift to the maintanance and trouble shooting world.......................Now that me ego has stopped swelling and I can type again I will continue.  I find I end up doing a lot of meditation during these times.  It does help some.  Sometimes, which I would rather have happen, I have trouble staying awake for more than 30 mins at a time.  That can be fun because often I will be doing even the most basic of tasks and end up falling asleep.  You have no idea how many weekends I have missed due to that one.

muzza-

Luckily enough I have only had to go a max of 3 days with no sleep then I usually colapse.  But it really screws my sleeping for a while afterwards.

"The answer to all things lies within everyone."

David Rogalski

cainam_nazier

Again I sit on the edge of sleep.  So close I can feel its embrace but alas I shall see it not today.  So what does one do with this time?  The mind boarders on lucid thought.  Wandering in and out as it tries to hold certain thoughts, but they are but fleeting moments in time.  A moment when looked apon is gone and when pondered apon becomes a moment lost.  Ah, but what is time in the reality of things?  Time is meaningless to the true seeker, but there are those who's whole life revolve around it like the hands on a clock.  Pity those who live in this manner for they know not of the moment but only of the next.  That which will never be.  That which when reached is replaced by another still yet further away.
Live in the moment and be filled by it, for who knows when this moment will be thier last.  I was one who lived in the past and thought only of the future.  But I learned as we all shall learn, that the past should stay where it is, and man should not pry his eyes to the future.  Keep yourself in the now, the moment, for this moment is always best because it is here and you can live in it.  I learned my lessons of living in the past, too much pain, always too much pain.  Pondering what life would be like had choices been made different.  Wishing for another life and not seeing the wonder of the one I had.  I also learned my lessons for always looking into the future.  Bold and hopefull the future is, but anger and frustration is what it brings.  Anger of not knowing when and the frustration of not knowing why.
With each passing moment a person is given the chance to start again.  This moment is not like the last nor will be be like the next.  But each moment is a chance to forgive and forget, to see the other people around you in a new light, regardless of what they have done.  For this is a new moment, a new begining, and a chance for everone to change.

David Rogalski
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

Tisha

Ah . . . insomnia.  Mine was initially caused by parenting.  Long after the kid was sleeping through the night, I was still UP.  I was UP for THREE YEARS.  Now, if I can't sleep, it's due to pain (slipped disc).  Sleep Deprivation is a BAD THING.

I know that there are many of you who hate pills and I don't blame you for regarding them with suspicion, but sometimes you just have to TAKE THE TRANQUILIZER and GET SOME SLEEP.  I'm not recommending addiction to sleep aids.  What I am saying is that there are some good prescriptions out there that, when used occasionally for a short period of time, can fix a disrupted sleep cycle and do you a lot of good . . . even to the point where you won't need them anymore.

You can swill all the herbal drinks you want . . . they're just drugs in a weaker form.  I use herbs for general health, but when it comes to serious problems (and sleep deprivation can KILL YOU), I'll choose the sledgehammer drug every time.  NO GUILT at all.

If people want to assign a higher purpose to their sleepless nights . . . well, okay . . . I guess . . . if it makes you feel better.  But again, this no-sleep lifestyle can kill you, literally.  You could drive right off a cliff someday, or cut yourself, or develop immune disorders.  It's just not worth it.

Barring medical or psychiatric reasons, bad sleep habits are just that - - - bad habits.  Bad habits need to be changed into good habits if you want to get healthy.  Emphasis on the WANT . . . so my advice is  . . . if you want to be healthy, .SEE YOUR DOCTOR, ask him/her about your options.  You have many - - you can refuse any or all if you want.  But at least you'll be aware of your choices!

My choice on bad "slipped disc" nights:  ZANAFLEX.  A simple, gentle muscle relaxant, and I am out like a light in one hour, with no dreams or OBEs (bliss!).  Only once did I OBE with it, when it was wearing off and I was waking up, all relaxed after several hours of dreamless sleep.  I take it perhaps once or twice a month, with no moral twinges at all.

tisha

Tisha

Fenris

I often stay up for about 40 hours when I have an assignment due, it stuffs you for the whole week! And I am developing a caffine problem, I drink coffe one after the other when I am studying and then come midnight when it is time to sleep....blink....blink...."I wish I could sleep"...blink

But then again my problem is enterly avoidable and self injuced...so Ill shut up now http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

best regards

David

P.S Does everybody understand what sleep does and why we need it? Because I have coverd sleep at uni now and I could woffle on if anybody is curious.

Veni Vidi Vici

Oliver

Hi,

A friend of mine from school went to this study tips seminar thing at the beggining of last year or the end of 2000 I think it was. Anyway, today  I overheard a conversation he was having with someone else, saying if you do these certain things it makes you sleepy and easy to fall asleep or something. I asked him what he was talking about and he told me, that this is what the people at the study tips thing said would help you go to sleep, if you were stressed at night about exams or something.

Now, it would be so much easier to demostrate it, but since that can't be done over an internet forum, I'll do my best to describe it.

Hold out your arms, straight infront of you. Put one arm on top of the other so they cross over and it will look kind of like an X. Turn your palms so that they are facing each other and then hold them together with your fingers linked. So now, if you're following me right, your hands should be holding each other, palms together, fingers linked, except your left hand will be on the right hand side, and your right on the left. Next rotate your arms downwards from the elbows, so that they come right around, past your chest and then let them rest comfortable on your chest.

Now imagine you're lying in bed on your back with your arms like that, the next thing you do is cross your legs. Just put one leg over the other so that they are crossed.

This position is supposed to be really relaxing, and apparantly helps send you to sleep easily. When I heard this, I thought it could be true because maybe it could have something to do with your energy body, etc.
If so, who knows if its harmful or not....    I just thought I'd share it. Maybe it will be able to help you people who get insomia...

Oliver.

ps. Yes Fernis, I'm curious on what you have learned about sleep, and would like to hear anything you'd like to sharehttp://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Joe

Fenris - spill the beans mate!!!  I'm desperate to learn how get by on 2 hours a night. I hear that it's possible - that the body physically needs only 2 hours to recharge and that you can wean yourself off the other 6 hours. I usually need 9-10 hours to feel rested, which adds to the problem. I know that astral work, etc goes on in sleep, but I'd love not to have to lose 1/3 of my life to unconscious oblivion.

cainam_nazier

Sleeping for only 2 hours a day is not all that it may seem.  Trust me on that one.  The more I delve into all of this the less sleep I get it seems.  I often will lay down thinking, "Oh goody I get to sleep now."  But almost like a timer I wake 2 hours later.  Usually slightly peeved since I know that I need to go to work and will be rather annoying when the end of my shift nears.  I sappose if it could be timed better it would not be as big of a problem.  But the difficulty I have been seeing so far is when I do get like this I eaither A) done sleep at all.  Or B) I will sleep for two hours but I am tired again a few hours later and NEED to sleep again, if I can.

David Rogalski

Fenris

Hi all

Im just spending a short time on the computer today as a study break because I have an exam tomorrow, so I wont write the really long post on sleeping Im going to write untill a little later. Its my 18th tomorrow which means Ill probably be getting....into an altered state of mind most of the weekend. So Ill write next week or on Sunday.

I dont have any earth shattering kboom knowledge but I have stuff on how sleep cycles work, how much you need, and tips for insomnia ect ect Oh and I can explain how 2 hours will not keep you going, sorry Joe but in two hours you do not experience enogh REM sleep or sleep in general  to keep you sustained. Surviving/existing on two hours Im sure is possible, living and interacting well with other people - wont work. You will experience depression, irritability and ill health if you continue http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Ok Ill write a nice big post to help out all of my sleeping challenged friends when I can

By ZZZ By

best regards

David

P.S - If you like let me know and Ill write about how to use a knowledge of sleep cycles to assist in lucid dreaming, or atleast vivid dreaming providing the increased opportunity for Lucid Dreaming.

Veni Vidi Vici

Ashfo

heh, interesting!

Just last night there was a program about those who sleepwalk - like, really really badly.

It sort of focused initially on one guy who was sentenced to attempted murder of his wife because he tried to stab her in his sleep. It then branched off into the medical experiments etc and it is really, really freaky seeing people bouncing around a room with glazed eyes.

Most of them have their head attached to a sort of bungy cord so they cant kill themselves but you see them either acting out their dreams or doing extremely strange stuff. This one woman was in the kitchen making food, eating it and scratching her butt.... looking from the side she looked awake. Only when you saw the eyes did you see that she was obviously in an altered state.

They think theres sleep, awake and something else.... perhaps instead of "mind awake body asleep" its more like "body awake mind asleep". So perhaps thats like four states?

Who knows...

Just interested :)

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

cainam_nazier

A woman where I work had to get off the night shift because it was affecting her sleep in that manner.  She said her husband had woken her up several times because she was sitting of the couch having a smoke, but she was asleep and can't not remember doing it at all.  She said that it was really freaky for her the first time he woke her up and she was sitting there with one in her hand.  
The only major problem usually comes when you try and wake some one who is sleep walking.  They can become dangerous because they may not recognise you and see your actions as a threat and act accordingly.  It is often said that the best thing is to just tell them to go back to sleep or to go lay down for a minute.  Or not to disturb them and let them carry on with what they are doing if it is nothing hazardous to themselves or others.  I have found that most people are "very suggestable" while they are asleep.

Ps.  Still waiting for Fenris to get back.  I would like to know what I can do with this 2 hour time limit I seem to have developed with sleeping.  It sucks bad.

David Rogalski

Joe

I've had some freaky incidents with sleep walking. Back in the great days of University all-nighters, this was a constant problem. On many occassions, after having virtually no sleep, I would wake up in some part of the house, usually in conversation with my room-mates or eating something. Once, I woke up in the shower, *taking* a shower, and I think it was only because the water was almost scalding me that I woke up at all. The worst was 4 days without sleep, taking a one hour nap every 24 hours - I actually think sleep makes it worse in those situations because you need to spend at least another hour after waking to be fully conscious again. Once I was sleeping overnight on a lounge at the Uni labs, and awoke to find a bunch of my project teammates laughing at me as I conversing to them with eyes open and was trying to sell them vacuum cleaners (they continued to take the tinkle out of me during the conversation).

Sleep is still my number 1 obstacle, as my work hours are pretty hardcore at the moment. I'm desperate to find a way of sleeping well on fewer hours. I get by with lots of caffeine, guarana and cold showers, but will often have weekends where I need to sleep an entire day and night to recuperate. Which is kinda why I was so surprised to have my first really lucid dream last night given that I have only had (remembered) maybe 2 dreams a week for the last 3 years.

Fenris you evil college drunkard - don't leave us hanging too long. I still want that 2-hour sleep...

Fenris

HI all, sorry I did not post earlier Ive had a pretty hectic weekend (sober too for your information to Joe...Sob). Below is the info on sleeping I said I would post, like I said its nothing earth shattering but maybe there will be a thing or two you didn't know before.

Why do we need sleep?

We each spend about one 3rd of our lives asleep, and yet the biological effects of sleep are poorly understood. However the effects of sleep deprivation can be observed as can brain activity during sleep. When the amount of time devoted to sleep is considered it is likely that sleep provides a time for several body functions. One function of sleep that is easily observed is sleeps restorative function. For many centuries it people have believed that sleep was a way of removing impurities from the body that built up during the day. This has not been observed by modern science, however it has been shown that the body produces several substances during sleep. During slow wave NREM sleep (I will go into sleep stages later) human growth hormone synthesis increases. DUring REM sleep brain protein synthesis is at its maximum.

The daily sleep requirement declines with age. Begining at 16 hours during infancy the sleep requirement declines to between 7 and 8 hours during adulthood. Once adulthood is reached the requirement levels off until old age is reached when it declines further. These are just average figures however, individuals vary significantly in the amount of sleep they require. Individual requirments may exist between 4 and 9 hours for adults.

The dayily cycle of sleep and waking period is called a circadium rythm. In the modern world there are two common disruptions to the circadium rythm- shift work and jet lag. Both cause irregular sleep patterns and an increase in errors made during waking hours.

Shift Work

Consequences of working during normal sleeping hours are that fewer hours are spent sleeping during each circadium rythm and what sleep is had is likely to be unstable. Apparently 62% of American shift workers complained of sleep disorders in contrast to 20% of day workers in a relivent study. The most common problems being waking up frequently during sleep. This is partly due to the increased level of noise during the day.

Sleep cycles and sleep types.

There are two major types of sleep which alternate through most of the sleep cycle. They are NREM (non-rapid eye movement) sleep and REM (rapid eye movement). NREM sleep has four recognised stages that occur before REM sleep is reached. These stages are defined by EEG patterns. During NREM the frequency of brain waves and vital signs decreases. The stages of NREM parralle the levels of trance people go through but arn't relivent in detail here - as long as there is a recognised difference between NREM and REM sleep. After stage 4 NREM (the 'deepest') level of NREM is reached REM begins. VItal signs all increase and idgestive activity declines, skeletal muscles (except for the occular) are inhibited and oxygen intake increases var beyond that of the waking state. It is during this stage that most dreaming occurs. As a matter of interest nightmares normally occur during NREM. After a period of REM the brain goes back up through the stages again to begin a new sleep cycle.

This is going somewhere ok...

The healthy adult experiences six of these cycles during each 7-8 hours of sleep, each cycles lasting about 90min. The IMPORTANT thing is that time spent in REM increases with each 90min cycle, from a few min in the first cycle to over 30min in the 6th cycle.

The above helps you understand sleep deprivation a lot better, and these REM cycles are a major reason why we need to sleep for so long - to get the REM we need we have to stay asleep for several 90min cycles.

Results of sleep deprivation

Being deprived of sleeps restorative function causes tiredness and creates potential health risks. When deprived of REM sleep over a long time people become moody, depressed and exhibit various personality disorders. Freud perposed that REM sleep allows the mind to analyse the days events and work through emotional conflict via dream imagry. Another idea is that REM sleep is reverse learning. According to this hypothesis, accidential, repititious and meaningless communications continually occur, and they must be eliminated from the neural networks by dreaming if the cortex is to remain a well behaved and efficient thinking system. So we dream to forget. Alcohol and sleep medications supress REM sleep. Certain tranquliers such as Valium do not reduce REM sleep as much.

Cainam-

I dont really know enough to help you with your individual circumstances but Ill post some tips for helping with insomnia that may be of use to you.

1. Do not read or do work in your bed, keep your bed as a powerful stimulus of sleep.
2. Go to bed only when you are sleepy and get up at a regular time.
3. Do not lie in bed thinking and worrying. Get up and do something booring until you are sleepy. Some find it usful (me included) to write your worries briefly on a sheet of paper.
4. Once you are in bed, relax your muscles and imagine yourself in a soothing setting - Im sure you can visualize fine and dandy
5. Omit Caffeine and alcohol for several hours before bed
6.Schedule any exercise at least 2 hours before bedtime
7.Avoid long term use of sleeping pills
8. Improve sleeping environment; quiet, dark, and the correct temperature.
9. If all else fails consult your doc, shrink or sleep center (there are apparently hundreds in America - The National Sleep Disorders Foundation in America is mentioned in text a lot.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I have only been at uni for one semester.

Joe:- You are a crazy crazy man, I hope I have ed-u-mak-at-ed you enough for you to understand that you need to sleep and you cant live on 2 hours a night!!!!!!

hope my long winded post has helped or interested someone in some way http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

regards

Nurse Fenris

Veni Vidi Vici

Joe

Hey Fenris - thanks for the info. If you've got time between your hard drinking sessions, I just wanted to ask:
1. does it help if I time my wake-up between REM cycles, so that I'm not in the middle of one and harder to wake up (ie, set alarm for 7 1/2 hours or 9 hours from bedtime) ?
2. is there any mental or chemical technique that can give deeper sleep? Not sleeping pills which only seem to put you unconscious, but something that deepens/prolongs REM, etc?

BTW, do you really expect me to believe you didn't hit the tinkle last week?? So you're telling me that after the semester finals, you celebrated by doing some extra research in the library, followed by some java programming, then to spice it up a couple games with the girls from the chess club? No way #@$%!* dude! You would have gotten hammered like brain cells were going out of fashion - I bet you lost your pants before you even got to the Uni bar, spent your last $50 on Sambucca shots, got a nipple ring, and went home with the barmaid and her girlfriend. Man I loved Uni - I blame most of my sleep problems on the University bar and generally misplaced priorities. Back then, it was fashionable to walk in at 3pm after a big night. If I did it now, I'd be considered a bum! I plan to return to fulltime Uni sometime before I hit 30 - enjoy it while it lasts mate...

Fenris

Hi Sir Joe

I half hartedly deny these wild aqusations!! Actually the beauty of being a guy in a nursing course is the 10 to 1 gender bias!!! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

Your questions
1. does it help if I time my wake-up between REM cycles, so that I'm not in the middle of one and harder to wake up (ie, set alarm for 7 1/2 hours or 9 hours from bedtime) ?
2. is there any mental or chemical technique that can give deeper sleep? Not sleeping pills which only seem to put you unconscious, but something that deepens/prolongs REM, etc?

My answers
1.Yes it is likely that you might find it a little harder to wake up from REM sleep, but if you do wake up during REM you are heaps more likely to remember your dreams which is cool.
2. Not that I know of

Something cool

A friend told me about this, if you set your alarm to wake you up 5 1/2 hours (as exact as you can but experiment half an hour each way if you get no results) after you expect to fall asleep. Get up, dont drink or eat or talk. Just go pee, strech and maybe do a little NEW until you are compleatly awake, this should take 15 to 30 min. Now go back to sleep. You have played a little trick on your mind and you should go straight back into a nice long REM stage in which you will have and remember VERY vivid dreams. This is a perfect way to practice lucid dreaming as there is plenty of opportunity here. You can however only really do this on mornings when you can sleep in because you should stay asleep for a few hours after you do this.

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici

Mobius

Hi all

I agree with Tisha & unfortunately it took me a long time to come to terms with taking sleeping tablets. After an accident I had in 98 producing 3 slipped discs I had little choice. For me, the benefits are threefold : 1) I get a gauranteed sleep for at least 4-6 hours 2) I get relief from pain during those hours 3) It slows or inhibits OBE activity, which from a child I had spontaneously & too frequently for my liking & I just wanted some sleep.

Some people might say, oh, that sucks, this guy is having OBE's all the time & is complaining about it. I don't know what to say or how to explain it, but I was getting to the stage where I would fear going to bed, as not long after I closed my eyes I would start falling, straight into an OBE. I couldn't just start off on the ground & slowly move around, instead I would fall or fly from my body, which due to the laws of gravity in the physical, gave me the impression it all wasn't natural & I would quickly come to my fully awake state. This would go on all night unless I exhausted myself, then stayed up late so that when I finaly did go to bed, I would fall asleep & not fall into an OBE.

I f you are really suffering from sleep deprivation, insomnia etc. & not just needing a downer to wind down or to counter the effects of caffeine or drugs, see a doctor, it really is worth it. Hopefully you could get by on some valerian or something natural like that, nothing at all is obviously the best, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Good journeys all

Mobius

cainam_nazier

Fenris-

"I half hartedly deny these wild aqusations!! Actually the beauty of being a guy in a nursing course is the 10 to 1 gender bias!!!  "

I know what you mean I work at a hospital doing maintenance.  Hit on them in school though.  It seems most of the ones "in the field" are married. But I digress.

As my current situation.
I am a "shifter" as it was put.  I work mostly 3rd shift.  11p to 7a.  But this is not a problem for me since I have worked nights since i started working and find it much easier to sleep during the day and not  at night.  I always get a sudden burst of energy between 6pm and 8pm wich will normally carry me through till at least 4am.  
Caffeine.  Can't get enough.  My liquid of choice is Coca-Cola.  And will often have one just before sleep.  I figure myself to be immune to the effects of that, since like I said I can normally have one and sleep fine.  I have been doing it for years.
What's excersie?  It's been so long I forget how.
Enviroment.  There is a good one.  It was a cool 113 degF today.  Great for sleeping if I could only fit in the freezer it wouldn't be so bad.  The large part of the problem being the location that I am in only allows me to get the room to about 80 or 90 degF.  Which is a problem since I like it to be 70 or lower.  But the only thing is this started when it was still nice outside and I did not have the problem with keeping my room cool.
I generally avoid going to the Dr.'s.  I feel most thing will work themselves out in time.  But I have been considering it more and more when I have long stretchs of poor sleep.

Although this weekend my computer died and I only just got it back up and I spent most of my time sleeping the last couple of days.  But I am also mildly depressed given my financial situation, but it is passing.

But generally I found your information helpfull.  You learn something new every day.  That being the part about the rem and nrem cycles.

Do you think that for some reason I am waking after the 1st cycle ends and before the next one starts?  Hence the 2 hour limit.

David Rogalski

Ashfo

Wow... someone else who likes to sleep in the cold!

I usually go to sleep, even in the middle of winter, with the window wide open.

Just haven't met many people like me!

- Ashfo

"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

cainam_nazier

Ashfo-

I have actually found it to be almost a requirement for two reasons..  I tend to generate a lot of heat when I am sleeping and need a cooler setting in order to not break out in a sweat while asleep.  This is something that over the last 7-8 years has been becoming more of a problem.  It seems as more time passes I generating more heat.  Also I tend to "nest" when I sleep.  I am not really happy unless covered by a good, heavy blanket.  

I remember at one of the appartments I had I had a habbit of turning the AC down all the way when I would go to bed.  Then when I woke up I would turn it bak up.  Well one night in the midst of winter I had some friends over.  They ended up spending the night.   I did as normal just before I went to bed.  Well some also left the back door open and it was like 30 degF that night or there abouts.  I woke up at about 830am to a house that was 35 degF.  You could see your breath inside the appartment.   I kinda felt sorry for my friends, one of them fell asleep on the couch without a blanket, just a t-shirt and shorts.  When I woke up he was just laying there shivering.  The first words out of his mouth were, "can we turn the heat on now."  I could hear his teeth clacking together and he was slightly off color.   He probably could have froze to death.

David Rogalski

Fenris

HI Cainam

Glad my info taught you something

Q.Do you think that for some reason I am waking after the 1st cycle ends and before the next one starts? Hence the 2 hour limit.

Interesting idea, a good way to tell if you are waking up at the end of the first cycle is that you would most lekely have memory of some dream activity. But that is my logic not something I have read.

I really do encourage you to see a doctor, sleep disorders are very common and Im sure there is quite a knowledge bank out there that you could tap into. Alternatively have you done any web serches on sleep disorders? In a few minutes you could learn a lot that might help. The time invested in seeing a professional could really pay off if you end up with a good days sleep. Plus Im sure sleep has to be good for the energy body too so maybe you could find some motivation there?

Best of luck!

Regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici

cainam_nazier

Fenris-
"Interesting idea, a good way to tell if you are waking up at the end of the first cycle is that you would most lekely have memory of some dream activity. But that is my logic not something I have read."

Now that I think about this a little more this seems to have started about the same time I started dreaming again regularly.  About a month and half to two months ago.  I was not dreaming that often prior, or at least I should say there was a big void between going to bed and waking up.  It only seemed like five mins most of the time.   But it seems almost reverse since I started dreaming more.  My dreams seem to be much more vivid and alive.  I have had a couple of Lucid Dreams in this time and one Project from a LD.  And some just really jacked up dreams, just odd crazyness.  It seems the more frequent dreaming and loss of sleep started about the same time.
After the 2 hour "nap" I do not always remember the dream but always know if I have at least dreamed.  Call it a feeling.  The ones I do remember are strongly impactive, and almost every detail remembered.

I know I probably should see a Dr. but I am hoping that it will tapper off soon.  That and I hope to improve my living conditions soon which should also help, I hope.  As far as looking on the web, I have half heartedly tried it a couple of times.  I mostly pull up pages for places wanting to help but not convaying(sp?) any real information.

David Rogalski

cainam_nazier

I really only bring this up because I have been awake for 21 hours now and need to get up for work in 3 hours, then go to work which will make it 33 hours and I don't know after that.  If I live that long.  
How many people here have sleeping problems?

I know for me some days I sleep a lot and other I don't sleep at all.  For me it is not wholly uncommon for this to happen.  I just hate when it does and I have things to do like go to work.

Of course I contribute to day because I am still ajusting to a new schedual and would have been off before and hence stayed up longer than I should.  But I would really like to sleep now.  But there is now use trying.  Now it becomes the ever fun question of....
1.  Do I stay awake and risk feeling really bad at work, maybe causeing an injury do to lack of sleep?  Or
2.  Do I take a short nap and risk 1 missing work or 2 feeling really really bad because I didn't get enough sleep?

It really is a tough debate.  Sometimes after a short nap you feel better while other times you just want to sleep more.  And you never know which one it is going to be.

My mind wanders.  You know I really am starting to hate this cordless key board form Logitech.  I keeps jumping to thier web sight while I am typing and I am not even hitting the key for it.  Most anoying.  I wish it would stop.

Speaking of stopping.

David Rogalski