News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

So bothered and ticked off about relationship towards suicide

Previous topic - Next topic

sqprx

This judgemental attitude towars suicide is so messed up, wrong and goes against common sense: people who end their lives should be shown empathy towards, not judged. You think they do it for fun? How can modern society like ours hold such predominant supersticious beleifs!

Have any of you experienced depression? People end their lives not because they want to die, buy because they can't bear living. The pain gets so severe the one can't stand it.
How can you judge a person who is in extreme pain?

And ofcourse religious take on suicide. I had some respect for bible. But now I ain't  got any, cause the more I think about the judgemental ideas it puts foreward about fiery depths of hell. The ommnipotent God puts an unbearable depression upon a person and then fries him up when he dies. Can't come up with more nonsensical crap doctrine.
People who judge are just aholes. Period. Including self-rightsious  religious muppets.
Anyway, just a rant,  it's been building up in me for some while

Max

omcasey

I understand. Yes.

It is important for everyone to express their feelings and emotions, (and thoughts.

This happening is not easy for anyone. We indeed are all one being and when a portion of us concludes in this way both compassion and confusion ring.

The energy, the whole of it needs and requires processing. Each will process according to their current depth and quality.

The processing will help grow us all.

{ { { wide open space } } }

Casey

Stillwater

It is one of those case by case things. There are huge differences between people in a state where they are likely to suicide / have suicided. Some of these people may have made a rational choice, others may have made a less reasonable choice. Most human situations are like that.

People in a terminal situation, where it costs them a lot of anguish to keep living... I think strong arguments can be made that it is logical and acceptable for those people to suicide.

Rational cases can be made that is is reasonable for people to suicide to avoid falling into the hands of a viscious enemy in a war or war-like situation.

A common component with people who are in a state where they are likely to suicide is that they believe, rightly or wrongly, that their situation will never improve. Determining how well-founded they are in this reasoning can be a helpful first step in considering how to help them. Many people can be put into a frenzied / irrational state by a temporary situation. Some of these people can be helped by a person who can give their situation perspective.

Most suicidal people resent being lied to or spoken to in an unnatural way by would-be helpers. One of the challenges for helping them is that you should be truthful, while helping them to gain a better outlook on reality, where appropriate.

Lives do have value, and generally should not be wasted casually if it can be helped.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

baro-san

Probably more than ever, we live times in which willingly and unwillingly we hear /read random peoples' opinions; too many of them.

We can't really do much about changing others; it's only up to us to pick and choose and ignore. We don't have to react to everything others say / write.

Obviously, each human being lives in their own reality. This is why honest people sincerely see things differently.

We should focus on what we're individually doing, and creating, and stop blaming others for our inconveniences, stop passing judgment over things we don't understand, and take responsibility for what we, each one, are doing and saying.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

desert-rat

I have a bit  more understanding of a persons suicide if they are in poor health and a lot of pain and there is little or no hope of recovery . As we all judge our sleves , not God , I dont set in judgment of any one commiting suicide .  I believe they will come back in a new life and need to relese all past life problems including a suicide . 

PlasmaAstralProjection

OP is right. I have been on suicide forums and I can tell you that some people are not helped by modern medicine. Some have had suicidal thoughts since they were children, and tried many medications with psychotherapy with little to no help. Everyday is grueling. Existence itself is painful. I've even heard of some that had suicidal ideation and held out because of family and friends only to find them selves fully successful on the outside but on the inside they are dying, they just want to end it. Look at Anthony Bourdain as a prime example, Chester Bennington (Linkin Park singer) and Robin Williams (comedian). All very successful yet in the end they couldn't bare dealing with life. They were all victims of a genetic lottery and even life circumstances like Chester Bennington (he was raped as a teen).

Personally I have seriously contemplated suicide but I will hold out for now. But when my day comes I am going out on my own terms and not be a puppet of the medical system being force-feed and whatever kinds of inhuman torture they commit.

desert-rat

On some ones motive for suicide ,  I would say its most likely repressed trauma . This life or a past one .  Use  guided self hypnosis to see what is there use deep breathing , yoga and visulazation to let it go .  If one does not deal with it in this life  they will only come back to do it all over again .

p.s. I just watched this movie , Euphoria . People that are termaly ill , and have the money go this place to die .  Its in the middle of a forest , but they  dont tell what part of the world it is in . I will assume ast. suicide is legal there .  One guy has this rock band and dancing girls .  At the end of 6 days they will ask are you sure this what you want to do . Then hand them a glass , they go to sleep and dont wake up .  I got mine as a torrent , I dont know if it is for sale or rent . 

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: desert-rat on July 01, 2018, 18:41:14
On some ones motive for suicide ,  I would say its most likely repressed trauma . This life or a past one .  Use  guided self hypnosis to see what is there use deep breathing , yoga and visulazation to let it go .  If one does not deal with it in this life  they will only come back to do it all over again .

Yeah it could be repressed trauma or it could be bad genetics. Especially if they have had suicidal ideation since they were children with no abuse.

Quote from: desert-rat on July 01, 2018, 18:41:14
p.s. I just watched this movie , Euphoria . People that are termaly ill , and have the money go this place to die .  Its in the middle of a forest , but they  dont tell what part of the world it is in . I will assume ast. suicide is legal there .  One guy has this rock band and dancing girls .  At the end of 6 days they will ask are you sure this what you want to do . Then hand them a glass , they go to sleep and dont wake up .  I got mine as a torrent , I dont know if it is for sale or rent . 

They are probably talking about Dignitas in Switzerland.

Thread Killer

Quote from: Stillwater on June 18, 2018, 23:49:17
It is one of those case by case things. There are huge differences between people in a state where they are likely to suicide / have suicided. Some of these people may have made a rational choice, others may have made a less reasonable choice. Most human situations are like that.

People in a terminal situation, where it costs them a lot of anguish to keep living... I think strong arguments can be made that it is logical and acceptable for those people to suicide.

Rational cases can be made that is is reasonable for people to suicide to avoid falling into the hands of a viscious enemy in a war or war-like situation.

A common component with people who are in a state where they are likely to suicide is that they believe, rightly or wrongly, that their situation will never improve. Determining how well-founded they are in this reasoning can be a helpful first step in considering how to help them. Many people can be put into a frenzied / irrational state by a temporary situation. Some of these people can be helped by a person who can give their situation perspective.

Most suicidal people resent being lied to or spoken to in an unnatural way by would-be helpers. One of the challenges for helping them is that you should be truthful, while helping them to gain a better outlook on reality, where appropriate.

Lives do have value, and generally should not be wasted casually if it can be helped.
Some of your best work, Still...Godspeed...
Pedant. Pedagogue. Prick.

desert-rat

On the movie Euphoria ,  its in English ,some of the actors had British actents     but I saw a lot of German names on who made the movie .  I guess there giving the people that have the money a choise .