News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

So You Want to Project or Phase Out of Your Body

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

I am inviting anyone lurking around to come on in and make yourself at home. Of course, everyone is welcome to join this discussion. IF we can get it off the ground.

I'm curious as to why people want to project (no matter what form) in the first place. I suspect, though admittedly I could be wrong, that most people want to project because they have done so already, and the experience left them curious or wanting more.

So why you? What do you hope to gain or lose as the case may be?

And a side question, do you really want to project or is this something you feel you should or have to do? (this is actually an important question)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

PerspectiveShift

Hey Nameless,

I want to project mainly for spiritual growth. Before I got into this, I never remembered any lucid dreams or AP's, I just read about them. And reading about them intrigued me so much. (Growing up, I always thought a lucid dream was just a vivid dream, not actually being able to be conscious inside the dream.) When I learned about this it fascinated me and I read a bunch of books on it.

When I was little I had some very significant dreams that had very unique symbolism in them. One of them told the future in my life symbolically. But I never had any (or remembered any) lucid dreams/projections.

I believe there is a lot of mystery, more questions, but also a ton to learn from doing this practice. I personally feel like it's an important step for me to go through spiritually.

And as for what I hope to gain? I want to be able to find out the best way of how I can do my part towards assisting in people's enlightenment or moving the collective to a higher state of consciousness for the betterment of everyone. I know that this starts with me, so that is another reason why I want to learn this skill.

Another reason is to master my fears. I don't feel like I have much fear in my life at all, but I know deep inside there is fear there as fears can be very deep within us and control us subconsciously.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Erik

To reply on the question if I really want to project: at first I thought I really wanted but afterwards I felt I had to and didn't had a real desire.
I will explain.

Years ago I found on Internet by coincidence a wiki about Robert Monroe with explanation of the Focus levels.
I was searching for a different subject but don't know exactly what anymore.
This subject got my interest. I was always into mysteries as a child and teenager, also wanted an answer on the big life after death question.
Also had some 'paranormal' events and could have interesting dreams as a child.

The Gateway experience could provide answers and may satisfy my mystery desires.

The excerises itself did not that much to me apart that they were nice and relaxing. But meanwhile.....
At night my dreams getted to start lucid an I got vibrations on a regular basis.
I started to understand that these events had a deeper meaning and include valuable lessons.
For example I got on regular basis a dream or projection in my childhood neighbourhood with perfect details.
I was always alone, when I called out nobody came.
Afterwards I know for sure that this was some private space and a training exercise to get used with intention and mind power.
Also had an experience that looked like a soul retrieval, not for sure if this was a dream however.

The result of these events is that I am not interested in mystery and suspense anymore, because it felt normal.
I still meditate and do some projection or OBE rundown attempts when I got vibrations at night.

I have come to the conclusion that my mind is too small to comprehend life and death questions.
Furthermore I have learned that it's the message or lesson that counts. How and where it is provided is not important.
So I am more going with the flow, state a question or intent and awaiting anwser.

Greetings,

Erik

Nameless

Thank you both for those replies! You have both put a lot of thought into what and why you want to do this. Guess it's my turn to share.

At first I only wanted to know what was going on. I've projected and phased my whole life it seems but I had not one shred of an idea of why. I never read any of the books on the subject and in fact had no idea they even existed. When I did discover them initially I thought those people were all quacks. lol So I didn't bother reading any of them until way late in life thanks to Lumaza, EscapeVelocity, LightBeam, Xanth and Szaxx.

Now with this much older and wiser ;-) perspective I can look back and see through the lens of experience. So now the only thing I hope to gain is a better understanding of how to help humanity as a whole. I still have some minor fear issues but I'm working on them.

But it's this question, "do you really want to project or is this something you feel you should or have to do, that baffles me still. Many of my experiences come completely unbidden. I realized long ago that if "they" need me "they" will certainly come for me and provide the experience I or they need. However, I have learned to do so at my own behest which is pretty dang awesome and it all simply leads me to want to know more.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

I would say "it" seeked me out, found me and since then I know what I am supposed to do.

I was not the one that "consciously" initiated any of it. Once I learned more about it and had a completely conscious OBE (due to a simple "Candle Staring" technique), I was hooked and knew there was so much more to learn and explore this phenomenon.  The more I learned, the more I was open to learning even more and still am today!  :-)

It became my new "normal". I found that you can consciously exist in a number of realities, not just this physical one we are in now. In essence, it changed my "mindset", which in turn changed my "reality"!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

We've had very similiar experiences LU and I agree with your whole post. In some ways I sort of wish I had paid more attention when I was younger but on the other hand, I'm kind of glad I just let it stew while I lived my physical life.

LightBeam

since I was 5 years old, I had that knowing that we are experiencing just a tiny fraction of the world. I knew back then about the multiverse without reading anything or talking to anyone. I just knew. But that knowing automatically triggered the strong urge to be able to "get out" of this "cage" and feel the absolute freedom that I knew existed. I didn't like the feeling of being trapped. I wanted to learn all there was out there. But no one ever talked about this possibility. And even though no one did, I knew I was right. I also had an ET visitation around that time (I posted the event here on the Pulse), and that validated even further that there was soooooo much more than what we were seeing.
When I was a teen, my dad brough Robert Monroe's book out of the blue lol, and I read it. That was probably the most exciting moment in my life. Another human being actually experienced the multiverse with awareness. My experience was just "knowing" until that point. I did not have any spontaneous APs. When I realized that humans can ACTUALLY get out and experience consciously the rest of the larger reality, my mind was going to explode out of excitement. I thought only when we die, we get to be free and until then I can just know, but able to experience it. So, you can imagine my excitement when I realized that this magical thing is a reality here and now. Eventually I learned to AP via William Buhlman's visualization/motion technique and ever since my level of desire for expanding my knowledge though these adventures has been consistently high. I've gotten so much wiser and content. To me it's just the feeling of absolute freedom and a very strong sense of adventures when I am there. Learning and experiencing new things, realizing my own creative power, applying this power into my physical life as well and enriching my stay here as well, receiving more overall happiness as a physical character, and helping others along the way.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on May 05, 2022, 17:47:25
We've had very similiar experiences LU and I agree with your whole post. In some ways I sort of wish I had paid more attention when I was younger but on the other hand, I'm kind of glad I just let it stew while I lived my physical life.
I have found that we learn or are taught what we need to know or learn when we are ready for it.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

Yes, it has occurred to me that our personal learning is very specifically targeted to what we are ready and capable to learn at a certain moment in time/process. We can push the process a little bit but that is how it essentially works.

Very natural and intuitive at times, in a spiritual sense; other times, more naturalistic in the human physical sense.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde