News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

starship to escape destruction of mankind

Previous topic - Next topic

James S

It seems to me that if the world's governments and communities were all able to get toether to make such a venture possible, then the need to escape the earth would no longer be there.

What is it Tisha says? -  "Wherever you go there you are."
Unless we do learn to live with each other without wanting to blast each other into sub-atomic particles at the first racist comment, then all we're going to be doing is carying all our aggression and other unwanted traits with us into a larger arena. We'll be nuking each others colony ships instead of each others countries. Escaping the problems of earth won't make the problems go away. Lets face it, we humans ARE the problem.

I'd love to be able to venture out among the stars, not because I had to though, but because I want to. Lets get out problems sorted out, then go amongst the stars.

By the way EnderWiggin, Who'se this goose who has come up with a Tachyon Antenna? Sounds like another one of those hair-brianed "it sounds hi-tech so it must work" scams. As Hephaestus touched on, a Tachyon is a theoretical faster-than-light partical. We can't yet detect these particles let alone build an antenna for them. Just what is it supposed to do, aside from allowing the "inventor" (and I use that term losely) to take money from gullible people?

James.

Anonymous

Alright- First off, we are trying to create a different environment for mankind in which we can work together.  As they say, one's environment determines one's personality. I believe there is a lot to take into consideration here. for one thing, genes are a very powerful influence. Another thing is one's upbringing. Take the KKK, for example. Children of the Ku Klux Klan will more than likely become racist adults. Why? Because their parents teach them these things. Another thing has to do with religion. Have you ever heard of the Tower of Babylon? I suggest doing some research. We have to learn to not hate each other, and I think the starship would give us a good chance to do that. It's not like we're going straight out into a star-trek type mission "to bodly go where no man has gone before," rather it is a mission for the salvation of mankind. We must learn on this starship to work together, and what we need are people who can not lose sight of this, no matter how angry they get. Have you ever heard of Shaolin kung fu? they have a saying, like my quote. "Shaolin men nevr give up." And we need people to NEVER give up on the mission, no matter what. That's what it's going to take. People so passionate towards mankind in general that they are willing to sacrafice their reputations in order to keep the peace. I have faith in mankind but right now, things are controlled by evil people, and you never know what could happen with evil people. That's why we need to get off this planet. And it's not like we're sending several starships at once. They go in waves, to ensure that eventually, even if the first however many fail, someone WILL succeed.

Despite the problems we have now, we must maintain hope that we have a chance of getting along. It's not like everyone's going to hate each other right off the bat. We need to learn to be open with each other. There are certainly going to be standards that we set in order to make sure that we are going to get along. There are many things I like about the U.S. constitution but there are also things I disagree with. I like the ideas of having freedoms such as religion,  voice and opinion, etc. However, all this loop-hole bullcrap is what allows corporations to run this country rather than the government itself. And the fact that we can sue each other for stupid reasons like some lady having her coffee being made too hot at McDonald's restaurant, that's a waste. She should have put in a suggestion first before wasting so many peoples' time.

As for recreational drugs, I would only allow marajuanna and alcohol to be legal. I am fairly certain that marajuana is healthier than alcohol, but anything beyond that I don't think I could allow. People die from some drugs. I have never heard of a case where anyone has died of marajuana overdose. But we have all, unfortunately, heard of people dying because of alcohol-related problems and accidents. The marajuana on-board would be totally natural, unaltered in any way whatsoever. And, now that I think of it, peote would also be legal, since it is cactus. The reason that I do not allow mushrooms is that they grow on feces. I don't want to make a decision on this yet because I feel that it is distasteful, although, I do not agree with our constitution's outlaw of certain drugs because it's "distasteful." That would not make me any better, would it? One thing we MUST NOT ever do is corrupt the truth. That must be the most important thing to keep during the mission and always, coming even before keeping the peace. Our illusion here on earth is that peace will make everything all better. But what about honesty? What about when people find out they've been lied to? What do they think then? They become angry and sometimes even violent. So trust MUST come first. Hence the psychics reading the crew's and passesngers' minds to ensure that they are good people that are boarding. A terrorist could go to extreme lenghts to kill many people. I won't tell you how extreme because I think we all know. They'll kill their friends and their families to die for their cause. We MUST get the help of psychics for the mission to be successful.

Right now I am out of ideas, but I will say that we need the funding FIRST. And I agree with Tom and have thought about who should be doing what for the mission. First thing's first. Psychics. Funding. Researchers. Financial advisors. Constructors/builders. Government. Crew. Passengers. Then the mission can begin.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

"Shaolin men and women NEVER give up!"

Tom

Chi kung would be helpful. Medical supplies tend to be expensive and health is easier to maintain than restore. It also helps to have people starting out with unusually good health if things do not go as well as planned in the beginning. The energy produced by chi kung exercises will also help to increase psychic abilities like reading auras. It would be better to not have psychics as a small minority but instead to make sure everyone has some abilities after training.

Anonymous

Tom-

You are definitely right. With psychic abilities we may not even need weapons. Medically speaking, we could heal many diseases this way. Have you heard of Empty Force? Look it up on the internet. It's a style of chi kung used for fighting. It's very powerful. It takes years and years to get to that level. But those who are born to parents who are martial artists start out with more chi than most people. So each generation will get stronger and stronger. Also, I was thinking we could hook up devices to the beds and lights to use heat energy to power electricity. We could put these sensors in any place where heat energy is abundant.

About the drugs- It is said that drugs lower one's psychic abilities. So I think that we should keep them legal but let people know the truth about them and their effects on the body and the mind. And we'll do the research ourselves. We can't necessarily trust anything the government says because they keep the drugs illegal to make money and they don't always tell people the truth. Personally I like to toke it up once a year when summer starts as a sacred, ritualistic event. But I don't like getting stoned all the time. What we could also research is how it affects people when it is used different ways, i.e. smoking it vs. eating it (in "special" brownies). The drug issue concerns me because if we are going to have everyone go through the training, we don't want to inhibit their psychic ability with drugs. But I guess it's like I said before- We tell them the facts and leave it up to them to decide. But we won't make drugs illegal unless people are pregnant or if it affects other people somehow. We could make smoking anything illegal, for example, but let's say since you can't smoke marajuana, you could ingest it. Smoking it affects people around the individual, but eating it does not. And we'll have to watch people with alcohol, as it has been known to make some people violent. We can outlaw the drugs until we are able to tell people all of the effects of every last one of them, in every way.

A lot of problem-solving is simple common sense. I say we should also have a class in developing common sense skills for anyone who does not have a lot of common sense.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

Tom

Financing a ship of this sort would be amazing. It helps to pick a few numbers to start with so we can get a clear picture of what it will take. Without written goals this project could remain all talk.

"Yet here we are, 30 years after the first manned landing on the Moon, struggling to launch the Space Shuttle 6 times a year at $500 million per flight, and no one talks about making the development of Affordable to the Private Individual Space Flight a primary goal of NASA."

http://www.affordablespaceflight.com/home.html

Common sense is not common. I'll be one of the first to sign up. Who will teach?

Drugs are, themselves, not especially important. What matters more is the idea of legislation. We will have people from several countries around the world. Who will be in control and to what extent should the leaders be able to tell everyone how to behave? When we consider all of the cultures and religions involved, it becomes more complicated.

There is a lot to say on the subject of space flight. We could even make astral projection in the real time zone a tool for the ship, to look ahead to see what we will run into. Even so, with so much to talk about it seems like a good idea to find somewhere else to discuss this. There is enough material to have an entire set of forums, with topics like: preventative medicine, raising money, growing crops, recycling materials (composting?), properties of new materials, environmental control (negative ions in the air are very good), magnetic fields, radiation, electricity... :)

alchimiste

I suggest you all come right back down to earth right now and stop surfing the sect ridden bull sh*t internet and get on with your physical, astral and spiritual lives.
99.99999% of what you read on internet is total rubbish, build a life not a spaceship.

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

Anonymous

Retaliate, you'll feel better for a tiny amount of time.

-Douglass Adams

Anonymous

Alchemiste- One word for you:

Nope.

-Douglass Adams

Tom

Another reason to move this discussion to a place more specific to it. I'd like to start getting exact values and timetables for financing a trip into space. The more I read about it the better it sounds and the more reasonable it seems to try.

Anonymous

Where should we move this discussion to? I don't have any ideas in mind right now but forums record the conversations and ideas for us, so I suggest keeping this in a forum sort of format. We're going to need some real professionals to help us out with this project. The timetables and specific figures and values are something that I would have trouble putting together. I think we should first make a summary of all the things discussed so far. Then we can go from there.

-Douglass Adams

Anonymous

I'll get around to making the summary after my finals or on a day when I can afford to. I don't have the time or energy to do it right now.

-Douglass Adams

Anonymous

I've got a question. Would anybody be willing to be part of the crew/passenger population of a colonial starship, if it were possible to build? It's just a theoretical question but lots of stuff has been on my mind lately about us nuking ourselves out of existence. I thought a starship would be the way to go if we were going to escape some worldwide catastrophy such as that. Let's say the starship is being built to spawn colonies on other planets. The starship wouldn't have too many fancy things such as warp drive, seeing as how that's not quite possible at this time; it would move slowly but we'd have enough stuff to replenish people who die on the way. We'd grow our own food and stuff. I think it's definitely possible to build one if we do things right. What do you think? My friend and I have been discussing this and we think it's possible. We've been looking into every realistic situation possible. I'm not a star trek fan or anything but I definitely think it's possible and worth looking into. The thing is, we'd need to get the right people who can work together, and I think that would require the help of psychics who can read peoples' minds. They'd have to read everyone's mind who was trying to board the ship. I think this is an interesting topic to look at from an astral mindset/viewpoint. Think of all the stuff people probably haven't thought of in this way. I want to know what you all have to say.