News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Stephen LaBerge on Coast-to-Coast-AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telos

I know this is a rather late post... he's going to be on in about 20 minutes.

(right now that damned Richard C Hoglan is on with someone else saying that Hurricane Katrina was possibly manufactured by the government as a weapon... I just don't understand the sickness of some people)

LaBerge is supposed to be joined later by another guy who is going to talk about dream telepathy. I will try to record it, but since unfortunately sharing it will be illegal, I will try to summarize main points.

(oh this talk about Katrina is just sick... I can't believe I'm listening to this program)

RooJ

Hey Telos, just wondering what the show was like? I would of loved to listen but i see you have to pay to listen on the site :(. As ive read LaBerge's "Exploring the world of lucid dreaming" I wasnt sure it would be worth it.

>RooJ

Nay

Quoteright now that damned Richard C Hoglan is on with someone else saying that Hurricane Katrina was possibly manufactured by the government as a weapon... I just don't understand the sickness of some people

Dang, the government sure is powerful and I thought most people thought they couldn't tie their own shoes..:roll:

Way to try to put the blame on someone.  I don't understand it either Telos.  I'm growing tired of all this conspiracy cra...stuff.

Nay

Ybom

The conspiracy isn't to create new dangerous things, but to do as little as possible for as large of a sum of money as possible, aka soul draining.
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

Telos

Hey everyone.

I fell asleep about halfway through (had some pretty interesting dynamics of lucidity during that time, though). But I listened to it later and, although most of it wasn't new, it was still an interesting program.

He mentions Astral Projection and OBE's, saying that he thinks they're the same as lucid dreaming. The reason why we have such concepts as the "astral plane," he says, is because back in that time we didn't have the concept of a "world model," which is used to create scientific theories. LaBerge associates lucid dreaming with the imagination, such that dreams are actually the result of what happens when our mind creates a model of the world and the relationships our body has with it.

Physicist Russell Targ joins in later on. He's joining with LaBerge to have a workshop in November in Hawaii where they'll teach people to lucid dream and try to have some psychic experiments. Targ used to work on making lasers and stuff, and eventually worked at Stanford to perfect means of remote viewing for the military, until it was disbanded in the mid 90s.

LaBerge notes that remote viewing orginally came out of experiments in dream telepathy, and puts lucid dreaming and RV on a continuum.

Some more information can be found from the links on the Coast to Coast info page.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/09/01.html
QuoteExperiments in Dreaming

Dr. Stephen LaBerge, the founder of the Lucidity Institute, discussed how lucid dreaming can enhance individual lives. The ability to realize one is in a dream while still in the dream state creates great opportunities for self-development and fulfillment, he said. Lucid dreaming is similar to the Tibetan "yoga of the dream state," which utilizes the experiences as a means to spiritual progress, he added.

LaBerge, who said he has had thousands of lucid dreams, shared a particularly profound one, in which the sports car he was driving became airborne and took to the clouds. His body disappeared upon entering a void that felt like a "homecoming" to the core of our being.

In the last 2 hours, he was joined by physicist and ESP researcher Russell Targ who discussed cases of dream telepathy, in which subjects had their dreams influenced by people mentally sending them specific images. Targ and LaBerge are teaming for a November workshop in Hawaii that will offer programs in both lucid dreaming and remote viewing.

Some nefarious individual also recorded the program and uploaded it to that one Swedish BitTorrent site that is immune to legal problems. How deplorable! I mean just look at it.

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3379220

Reading LaBerge's books, one being very scientifically rigorous and the other being about dream yoga, one gets the feeling that he is holding back certain feelings about panpsychism and paranormal stuff. It is really interesting to listen to LaBerge speak his mind on experimenting in this area.

manuel

Im not realy a fan of him to be honest, he seems to think (imo) that OOBEs and lucid dreaming is just a product of the brain, am i wrong? please correct me if I am, its just he seems to give off in one of his articles.

Telos

Quote from: manuelIm not realy a fan of him to be honest, he seems to think (imo) that OOBEs and lucid dreaming is just a product of the brain, am i wrong? please correct me if I am, its just he seems to give off in one of his articles.

He was talking about how physicists are discovering that our universe is far more complex than we ever thought (nonlocality, etc.) and we may be just scratching the surface. "Just a product of the brain," would probably sound funny to him, for he might respond that we don't fully know the brain, much less the universe in which it exists.

TheJza

Thanks for the info Telos. I am reading LaBerge's "Lucid Dreaming" right now thanks to your mentioning of it in the book review section. I read most of "Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming" a while back and was interested in how his first book differed.

Telos

No problem, TheJza! Did you purchase that copy I mentioned? Because as I said, I'm not sure that it was the same thing. If it is then I might buy it instead of digging through my library system for it...

TheJza

I actually have both of his "Lucid Dreaming" books. The newer one is shorter and seems more New Agey and doesn't get too much into the scientific aspects. It was also a pretty quick read - I finished it a while back. What I am reading now is the book he wrote before "Exploring..." and is more of what I wanted. I have a Computer Science degree so I prefer things with a scientific slant rather than a New Age one.

Telos

Excellent. Yes, that new one didn't seem at all similar. It's good to have you in this forum.

Rob

Thanks for the update I will have to have a listen.
I have been listening to coast for quite a few years now, and hoagland is a complete fraud IMO, along with numerous other guests. Dont throw the baby out wit the bath water though, manufacturing weather is something many governments can do. Hell, even I can do it in some basic ways.
Slightly moot right now thought admittedly.
Rob
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Telos

Hey, Rob.

Yeah, weather manipulation is definitely "future is now" kind of stuff. There have been more than a few specials on the science channels, with modern independent inventions and studies going as far back as the Cold War. What's not classified still appears very preliminary, however. Kind of like the modern state of genetic manipulation or gene therapy. Sure, we can mess around with genes, but can we direct the storm that is the DNA molecule?

What was contemptible about their program was that they only responded to skepticism about weather weather manipulation "exists" and not about claims that it was employed during Katrina, much less employed successfully!

But, yeah, even though I feel as you do about some of their guests, it's hard not to come back and see what other guests they might have. ;) Truth is my biggest problem with the show is all the commercials.