News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Stereo – left and right separation

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

Have you checked the manuals? Some of the CDs I've seem around have some sort of megaBass or Dobly or something built in so that it's always on.
Since connecting to the line-out jack the thing works I'd say the earphone jack has some extra signal processing (MB,dolby etc) built into it.

2cents

jouni

cainam_nazier

Quality is the issue.  If you look for a more pricey discman you will find one with full seperation.  This is mostly due to a couple of things but mostly it comes down to cost.  The jack used for the regular head phones is usually of lower quality because not to many people pay attention to the seperation.  However the line-out jack is usually of high quality because it is intented for those who would use it.  That being people who have other equipment in use with the disc man and need better seperation.  

One of the things I may suggest for you is getting a pair of head phones that have a volume control on them.  Using those in the line out may be able to fix both the seperation problem and the volume controll issue with out needing to buy a $100 disc man.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

Tisha

After messing with (and wasting money on) cheap electronics I've decided that from now on I'm going to buy the absolute best piece of equipment I possibly can.

Not the state-of-the-art thing for a zillion dollars (I don't need that), but something solid with a lot of controls that I can fiddle with.  I never thought I wanted this before, but now that I'm into hemi-sync and meditation tapes I've conceded that, when it comes to electronics, you really do get what you pay for.

tish

Tisha

astralmaster

I think the problem might be that all portables now have dolby built in..

David
David

astralmaster

Hi everyone,
I've been having a problem with my binaural beat cd's (like the Hemi-Sync cd's). When I'm supposed to hear only in the right ear, if I take off the earphone in the right ear and leave them on the left ear I can still hear what the cd is saying – very faintly. Now, when I connect the earphones to the line out jack this doesn't happen. But then I have no control over the volume. I tried this on many Discmans and they are all the same. Someone on this forum said that I should try taking off the mega bass, but that doesn't work.
When playing off of a DVD payer, I get full separation.

Any suggestions?

David
David