News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Steve G. Jones, a con artist?

Previous topic - Next topic

voyager13

He claims to be able to astral project easily, but I'm watching his videos on Youtube and it seems he doesn't have a clue what the actual experience is like. I think he is just good at collecting information and packaging them nicely. That's how he's become a millionaire.

It's funny: he has a video in which he talks about finding one's soulmate using astral projection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3J0D6wCMf8&feature=plcp) and then he was on Millionaire Matchmaker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3XeRKMl7q0).

In another video, he claims that a girl who never had AP before, experiences it through hypnosis, live on camera. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QGmLzDdzio&feature=plcp). I think the girl was not even hypnotized, she was licking her lips just before opening her eyes. And when you have your first AP, is that the reaction you're going to have? This is ridiculous. I should say, when I was a teenager, I was very much into hypnosis and one time I hypnotized my sister and induced an OBE. When the session was over, she was very excited and described feeling vibrations and going out of her body. So I'm not saying it is not possible to do it this way, but I feel something is fishy about this guy.

Life is a dream; dream sweet dreams!

catmeow

Well the astral projection hypnosis session was very interesting. Whole thing could have been staged, or it could have been legit. I don't know. During the time when she was unresponsive, she was actually breathing quite deeply. As soon as she woke and opened her eyes her breathing returned to normal. I don't know if it was real or not.

I too was very into hypnosis as a teenager and used to hypnotise my mother. She would go very deep very quickly. I used to tell her to travel in her mind and describe scenes at a distance. On the one occasion when I could verify the details she was spot on.

On that occasion I had placed a small cuddly toy on the bookshelves in my bedroom and asked her to describe it. The toy was in fact a small white Scottish terrier wearing a tartan beret. My mother described it as a small white kitten with a plate on its head.

My mother was able to speak whilst mind travelling. Steve Jones' subject was not able to speak whilst astrally projecting. That may be the difference between remote viewing and astral projection.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Lionheart

No he is definitely not a Con artist. I own his entire program and it works. He uses energy work, kundalini awakening, breathing exercises, Hypnosis based walkthroughs and he has some of the best Binaural Beat MP3's I have ever heard. The only reason you don't hear more about him is his price. I paid that $200 price tag and got the results I expected. I find that when you pay for a program that you are committing yourself. Commitment is paramount to success with this practice. My only criticism of his program is it takes the etheric OBE approach. I found that puts too much focus on the physical body for my liking, as I prefer to just shift my awareness instead of climb out of the body. Dr. Steve G. Jones program is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to learn how to Astral Travel.

I just wanted to add one more thing. Dr. Steve G. Jones is a clinical Hypnotist and he has over 50 different programs to help people stop anything from smoking to compulsive eating disorders and a number of other problems.

catmeow

Hmmmm....

Lionheart are you sure?  $25,000 for a two hour consultation with Steve Jones? I watched some of his youtube videos and he seems to be suggesting that if you buy his astral projection CD, you can "have some very very interesting journeys tonight".  He comes across a bit snake oil to me?
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Lionheart

It looks like someone is pushing the program pretty hard. I would say you would see progress after a week, being well on your way to success way after a month. Unless of course he Hypnotises you right then and there in his studio. That way you would see instant success because he is Hypnotising you, lol.

After watching these videos you posted I would say that he is trying to get his name out, like most good business would. Most of the people that go on these "reality" date shows, in my opinion, do it for publicity and also to aid their ego. I didn't watch your video links Volgerie before. I would say he got his idea for his "Astral Soul Search" video by being on that dating show. Look at the dates that both of those videos were released. When I replied earlier here, I was posting in general about Dr. Steve G. Jone's Astral Projection programs known as Explorations-Beyond the Body and
Exploration-Intensive. I have posted about these before here, just do a search on Dr. Steve G. Jones in the search engine at the top right hand side of the page here.

ian86

I'm not sure if its always that easy, For some perhaps. I've found all to often its easy to get side tracked. Very interesting though.
www.sound-shift.com Digital Binaural Audio & Music for Expansion of Consciousness

justin35ll

I've never looked into him only because the first time I saw his stuff it seemed like a scam or something.
After seeing lionheart post about it may have changed my mind to give him a shot if anything, but i'm not the one to be spending a lot of money on his programs when I can already AP, just not as often as I'de like to of course

Lionheart

I use the program to help other people I meet that show interest in Astral travel. I lend it out to them and then let them learn at their own pace. I do the same with my Laxman, for people that want to experience the Trance state quickly without learning how to meditate etc. Most of the people that have tried my Laxman, have been put asleep in under 5 minutes. If you don't keep your focus on noticing you will almost instantly fall asleep, it's that relaxing.  :-)

WolfBlood86

I wouldn't say that is necessarily a scam BUT if you truly care about helping people then in no world should you ever charge $25,000 for a two hour consulting meeting with this guy, $200 for a program, or $1 for 1 download of him just reading a script with nice music in the background. His net worth is more than $4 million. He truly is helping people... all the way to the bank! He is just taking advantage of weak minds.

Here is a really funny video from some Brits on Steve G. Jones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04j6yMCJ7qE

voyager13

WolfBlood86:
They're not "some Brits", they are Australian!  :-)

Lionheart:
I have his program too. I didn't pay for it, I downloaded it for free. Since he seems just a salesman to me, I didn't feel bad doing it. There are some misleading information in that program as well; for example, he talks about Kundalini and says releasing it is very easy and there is no danger involved apart from keeping you up at night,... . I've heard different stories about Kundalini from many people who practice Yoga. I think he got all the ideas about energy work in his AP program from Robert Bruce.

Just because one can get some results out of his program doesn't mean he is not a snake oil salesman. The information in the program is not his anyway. At the end of the day, what actually brings about the results is your commitment, as you said.     
Life is a dream; dream sweet dreams!

Lionheart

Boy figure that, someone making fun of a person with a different view other than their own. Hmm, kind of seems like what happens when WE bring up Astral Travel in a group of people.  :-) Closed minds stay closed, until they are forced to open.
How much is a visit to the The Monroe Institute going for now or one of Robert Bruce's personal workshops?

$25,000 for a two hour consultation. Did you see the names of the people that were signing up for this. they are the rich and famous who pay $25,000 for a babysitter, lol. Look at the names and occupations of the people giving reviews. http://www.stevegjones.com/phone.htm

catmeow

Quote from: WolfBlood86 on July 11, 2012, 23:24:56
Here is a really funny video from some Brits on Steve G. Jones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04j6yMCJ7qE

Yeh I saw that too, thought it was funny too.

Stookie_

Quote from: Lionheart on July 12, 2012, 00:47:32
$25,000 for a two hour consultation. Did you see the names of the people that were signing up for this. they are the rich and famous who pay $25,000 for a babysitter, lol. Look at the names and occupations of the people giving reviews. http://www.stevegjones.com/phone.htm

Teaching 1%'s to AP is where the money's at!

From the site:
How much does the phone weight loss program cost?
   $100,000 for the first six phone weight loss sessions, but you get one hypnotherapy session free if you pay in advance. So it is $85,000 ($25,000 for the first session and $15,000 for four follow-up sessions).

Holy Jeebus Christ!!! For phone sessions? You could get a personal trainer for a LOT less. If you want to be rich look for the suckers. Don't waste your time with people who have common sense.

catmeow

Quote from: Stookie_ on July 12, 2012, 11:44:58
Teaching 1%'s to AP is where the money's at!

From the site:
Holy Jeebus Christ!!! For phone sessions? You could get a personal trainer for a LOT less. If you want to be rich look for the suckers. Don't waste your time with people who have common sense.

I'm speechless. Why do we bother working for a living when there are rich suckers around who will pay these prices? This Steve Jones guy really has it all figured out. I'm moving to California and I'm going to do "pet whispering" sessions to the stars at $2000 a throw. It would fly.

justin35ll

Quote from: Lionheart on July 11, 2012, 21:57:31
I use the program to help other people I meet that show interest in Astral travel. I lend it out to them and then let them learn at their own pace. I do the same with my Laxman, for people that want to experience the Trance state quickly without learning how to meditate etc. Most of the people that have tried my Laxman, have been put asleep in under 5 minutes. If you don't keep your focus on noticing you will almost instantly fall asleep, it's that relaxing.  :-)

Laxman?

Lionheart

The Laxman Light/Sound machine found here. It is a unique little tool. http://mylaxman.com/
I did a review of it on this forum as well. Just search Laxman Light/Sound Machine in the top right hand search engine.
Good Luck!  :-)

Pauli2

Lionheart, have you considered that you extraordinary ability is something you
had in yourself and is not something by Steve Jones? That Steve G Jones is in
fact a scam, and you did fine on your own.

There seem to be very few other testimonies telling anything other than failure,
except those from Jones own marketing web page.

The lack of independent scientific studies is also strange.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Lionheart

His techniques brought awareness to this topic, just as other programs like the The Monroe Institute and Robert Bruce's Workshops do. I could have chose to learn through the Monroe Institutes Gateway programs, still at a hefty pricetag. But instead I chose Dr. Steve G. Jones. I guarantee you that if these characters that did that video heard of the Monroe Institute, that they could easily do a spoof on them as well. It's strange how he all of a sudden becomes a scam artist when someone bashes his work on video. I guess if he had a book out, he would be more believable.
The lack of independent study that Hypnosis has, my Pauli you would argue that the grass isn't green or the sky isn't blue, if there wasn't the proper credentials to back it up. You really need to stop criticizing other people's work and start taking a look at your own situation. Putting down other people or looking for a flaw in their methodology is not going to help you succeed in life. Life is about lowering entropy, not raising it.

8bit

Quote from: Lionheart on July 11, 2012, 16:44:41
No he is definitely not a Con artist. I own his entire program and it works. He uses energy work, kundalini awakening, breathing exercises, Hypnosis based walkthroughs and he has some of the best Binaural Beat MP3's I have ever heard. The only reason you don't hear more about him is his price. I paid that $200 price tag and got the results I expected. I find that when you pay for a program that you are committing yourself. Commitment is paramount to success with this practice. My only criticism of his program is it takes the etheric OBE approach. I found that puts too much focus on the physical body for my liking, as I prefer to just shift my awareness instead of climb out of the body. Dr. Steve G. Jones program is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to learn how to Astral Travel.

I just wanted to add one more thing. Dr. Steve G. Jones is a clinical Hypnotist and he has over 50 different programs to help people stop anything from smoking to compulsive eating disorders and a number of other problems.
I to used his program Lionheart. It worked for me. Those binural beat mp3s are amazing! Best ones I ever heard.

Xanth

There ya go... so far, two unique and independent positive reviews.  :)

Everyone has the ability.
Not many have the patience and determination to succeed.

Those who succeed know why they succeed!

Those who fail blame everyone else for their failure.  This is the teaching of modern day society... never take responsibility for your own failures, blame everyone else for what you can't do.  And if you can't do that... sue them.  LoL

LPC

Quote from: Xanth on July 16, 2012, 13:46:25
There ya go... so far, two unique and independent positive reviews.  :)
Well, you'd better make that three. I started off with Steve Jones' materials and moved on from there. The binaural tones are good and his lessons are inspiring in tone.

I fell out with his organisation later on, though. I kept on getting spammy publicity e-mails allegedly from "Steve", but with a very aggressive marketing tone. One said, "I want this year to be the year when you will kick SERIOUS BUTT". I wrote to his support team protesting that such aggressive language did not seem appropriate, as I had no intention of kicking anyone's butt, this year or ever! I got the reply that they found the remark "kinda funny" and that they would pass on my comments to the publicity company which had written the letter.

Yes, his organisation thinks only $$$$$, but the fact remains that his course did set me off on the right track.

Lionheart

Quote from: LPC on July 16, 2012, 16:41:22
I fell out with his organisation later on, though. I kept on getting spammy publicity e-mails allegedly from "Steve", but with a very aggressive marketing tone.
I agree completely with this quote. His program is great, but the marketing is wayyyyyy too aggressive. I had to write them a e-mail as well to tell them to quit sending me more marketing garbage that I didn't ask for. I said in my letter that I like the program, but all this advertising garbage was turning me off to the point that I will never buy anything again. They sent a e-mail back saying they were sorry and will take me off their mailing list.

catmeow

Quote from: LPC on July 16, 2012, 16:41:22
Yes, his organisation thinks only $$$$$, but the fact remains that his course did set me off on the right track.

Well I'm sure that he is motivated by $$$ rather than the good of Mankind. That much is crystal from his website, his charges, and apparently, his aggressive marketing. I'm willing to believe his material is good, after all, he talks a good talk, so his hypnosis mp3s are probably good. But none of that will work if the individual doesn't have the intent, and perseverance.

We actually have a "hypnotist to the stars" here in the UK called Paul McKenna. He started as a radio DJ, but branched into hypnosis and made himself wealthy. I don't know how much he charges for a private appointment, but it wouldn't be cheap.

But there is something quite distasteful about Steve Jones blatant profiteering, which rather puts me off him.

Barnowl

I own his basic AP mp3...didn't really do much (had more luck with William Burlman, myself...)

Having said that, I don't mind the guy, as he has helped me in other areas of my life...

so about 60/40 for me (in his favour)
Please 'Like Us' on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/YourSpiritualSuccess

Please 'Subscribe' on Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/doddy23

Stookie_

I don't think coming up with a product to sell people in this line of work is the hard part. It's all about marketing your product. The better you market it, the more people will believe it works, and we all know what happens when a person truly believes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo
(WARNING: adult language)