News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Steve G. Jones, a con artist?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart

Since we are talking about Hypnotists, we might as well bring up motivational speakers as well. Basically they are the same difference. Tony Robbins name has been brought up lately in the news, but not the way he would prefer. Check out this recent article http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/23/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-injured-idUS36064864620120723.   I was never impressed with Tony, he was born with a silver spoon, unlike Zig Ziglar. When I was in sales I read many of Tony's books, but Zig Ziglar impressed me much more due to the fact that Zig went from rags to riches.

Stookie_

Quote from: Xanth on July 24, 2012, 21:31:19
Charging money to teach the stuff we know is a small price really.

No, no, no... this stuff is a GIVEN. No one should be expected to pay a dime to find their own essence. You have the RIGHT as a human to access it for free. We are not here to work, to make money, so we can buy our way back to spirit.

Quote from: Xanth on July 24, 2012, 21:31:19
For if they didn't charge money, they probably wouldn't be able to survive here long enough to not only learn the skills, but to pass them along.  :)

No way. Anyone can learn this while having a regular job. We're all passing along what we've learned without having to write a book or give a lecture. And I trust the person that is doing this from their heart before the person that is charging anything for it. I don't mean that everyone out there who is making money is a scam artist... far from it, there are really good people out there who do, but for true seekers, it's not necessary to have to pay anyone. If you want to, just be mindful of who you're giving your money to.

Jdeadevil

Quote from: Stookie_ on July 25, 2012, 11:58:12
No, no, no... this stuff is a GIVEN. No one should be expected to pay a dime to find their own essence. You have the RIGHT as a human to access it for free. We are not here to work, to make money, so we can buy our way back to spirit.

I doubt Steve thought about that specific philosophy when thinking up a price, if I'm honest. :lol:

Lionheart

Quote from: Jdeadevil on July 25, 2012, 16:00:23
I doubt Steve thought about that specific philosophy when thinking up a price, if I'm honest. :lol:
This is simply because these people all see this as a business venture. they are not doing this out of kindness of their hearts. It may start this way, but after awhile that greedy little guy on their shoulders starts to talk, lol. Look at at a number of authors. They normally write their first book based on something near and dear to them. Then enters their Publisher, who pushes them to keep writing. At first it was a passion, now it has become a labor.

Doobie

Hello,

Well, I purchased his product, found it full of platitudes easily gleaned from cursory reading of other people's experiences. I seriously tried his technique, but found his blatant self-promotion to be getting in my way. Easy fix: I returned the product, and my money was returned without argument, as advertised. That was fair... buyer beware! As adults we're responsible.
My own custom program program using Bruce, Raduga, and Monroe with a smattering of Xanth's phasing tips has succeeded beyond my hopes and wishes. The key is persistence, intent, and belief, IMHO. If Steve Jones' aggressive schtick doesn't impact your progress, more power to it. My very first OBE occurred 40 years ago after reading Casteneda, and was powered by intent... and his was a work of fiction! My focus drifted, I joined the rat race, and that was that for a few decades. But, as Fast Eddy said in "The Color of Money", I'm back! So, everyone please get over yourselves, lighten up, and enjoy the ride... there's even room for a few quacks!

voyager13

Quote from: Doobie on July 27, 2012, 21:33:03
Hello,

Well, I purchased his product, found it full of platitudes easily gleaned from cursory reading of other people's experiences. I seriously tried his technique, but found his blatant self-promotion to be getting in my way. Easy fix: I returned the product, and my money was returned without argument, as advertised. That was fair... buyer beware! As adults we're responsible.
My own custom program program using Bruce, Raduga, and Monroe with a smattering of Xanth's phasing tips has succeeded beyond my hopes and wishes. The key is persistence, intent, and belief, IMHO. If Steve Jones' aggressive schtick doesn't impact your progress, more power to it. My very first OBE occurred 40 years ago after reading Casteneda, and was powered by intent... and his was a work of fiction! My focus drifted, I joined the rat race, and that was that for a few decades. But, as Fast Eddy said in "The Color of Money", I'm back! So, everyone please get over yourselves, lighten up, and enjoy the ride... there's even room for a few quacks!

That's why I started this thread, to warn people about a dubious "teacher", and to emphasize that although some are going to get desired results from his products (since binaural beats, etc. will work regardless), that doesn't necessarily mean that the source is credible.

Some people had amazing experience based on Carlos Castaneda's teachings as well. And exactly because they got some results, they assumed that everything he was saying was right, even the women who were closed to him (known to the followers as The Witches) killed themselves after his death to join him on the other side. But later on it became evident to all that the con artist, Carlos Castaneda, pulled the information from different books and sold it to the world, claiming that they were teachings of Don Juan, a character who never existed. So, the reasoning which goes like: the teachings were more or less effective, so who cares about the creadibility of the source, can be dangerous. Just look at how Castaneda misused his power and what he did to The Witches (sleeping with them at the same time, etc). He was a greedy man, capable of telling good stories and attracting the gullible, so is Steve G. Jones.

Be aware of this school of thought in the New Age movement which says: if the information resonates with you take it, no matter what the source. I would add this to it: take the information but before fully investigating the source, don't attach to it for more.
Life is a dream; dream sweet dreams!

Pauli2

Quote from: voyager13 on July 28, 2012, 07:38:15
So, the reasoning which goes like: the teachings were more or less effective,
so who cares about the creadibility of the source, can be dangerous.

Quote from: Xanth on July 19, 2012, 18:59:14
Tom Campbell also says that if the data/information you get from something
is helpful to you in some way... why does it matter where it came from?

Well Xanth, I hope you learn something from this...

What is also known, is that about 10 % of all population is susceptible to hypnosis,
these people can easily be duped into believing that they have had an OBE, but
the have merely been under the influence of hypnosis.

And that's perhaps one reason why such a fraud as Steve G Jones manages to make a lot of
money on people's belief that they can have Penis Enlargement and Breast Enlargement by
hypnosis only.

The only drawback is that the effect is not "Lasting and Permanent" as some promotion
pages of the hoaxer Steve G Jones claim. That's a lie.

You have to decide when you're tricking yourself.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Xanth

Pauli, I'm sorry bud, but you "just don't get it"... and you probably never will.
I guess you really can't teach and old dog new tricks.  ;)

I've already said what I've wanted to say in this thread. 
Your inability to fathom and conceptualize my words saddens me... but I understand your confusion and I understand your inability to learn.

If you wish to further interrogate me here, you won't get it as I'm done in this thread.
If you wish to try and understand the concepts which I'm speaking about... re-read my posts in this thread a few more times, hopefully you'll gain a small glimmer of what I'm saying here instead of falling back upon the shield of your bias and belief.

I'll give you one hint though: ego.

bluelily

I always end up scratching my head when some of the posters on this forum talk to each other... Newbie :-) Won't stick my nose in your business though.

I have to at least agree with the notion that the source matters. Not necessarily what the source is, but that it's something or someone you want to listen to or learn from. Deception is a dangerous thing.

Thank you Doobie for sharing your experience with his programme. I'm fairly sure now that I'm better off saving the money, learning more about hypnosis myself, and finding and/or making my own binaural beats. Since it doesn't seem like he has anything targeting my specific problems (which would have made it seem more worthwhile) it seems kind of pointless to get the programme.
Follow your heart without remorse.

AstralCody

This reminds me of a program I wanted to buy from Robert Bruce. A good man... It's just I do not have $400 at my disposal right now. Besides, the pulse offers SO MANY useful techniques and you can ask as many questions as you want and get a very good answer. Always have liked it here. 8-)

Everlasting

There's lots of money in the guru business. Many fools to exploit.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

bluelily

Quote from: AstralCody on July 29, 2012, 16:31:55
This reminds me of a program I wanted to buy from Robert Bruce. A good man... It's just I do not have $400 at my disposal right now. Besides, the pulse offers SO MANY useful techniques and you can ask as many questions as you want and get a very good answer. Always have liked it here. 8-)

I started to question Robert Bruce when he started talking like his programme is cheap enough for anyone to afford (these days? really?) and that people would regret it in the afterlife if they don't. I've been on his mailing list for a while, and I've liked some of what he's written, but on those points I was not impressed. And I won't be giving him any of my money...
Follow your heart without remorse.

Xanth