News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Steve G. Jones, a con artist?

Previous topic - Next topic

Stookie_

All you've got to do is visit the guy's website to see it's a money-making scam. Why would you want to support and learn something from a greedy guy with low morals? I made a post earlier about marketing, and marketing is all about suggestion, which is a form of hypnosis, and this guy is a hypnotherapist. Get it?

Does a few people who spend lots of money on this and get results mean it may be worth it? If you have low standards and remain ignorant of being taken advantage of. It's these kind of people that help make society crap.

Xanth

Quote from: todd421757 on July 20, 2012, 11:03:53
The placebo effect happens when a stimulation of mechanoreceptors or proprioceptors block the pathway of nocioceptors (pain and other displeasure sensation receptors) into the dorsal horn of the spinal cord.

Stimulation of mechanoreceptors or proprioceptors after blocking nocioceptors may lead to states of euphoria, greater vitality, or thinking progress is being made. But the nocioceptors are still present. They are just being blocked. As soon as the mechanoreceptors or proprioceptor input is stopped, the nocioceptors will be activated again.

Mechanoreceptors and Proprioceptors can be stimulated in many ways.

This explains the theories of mind over matter. This explains how drugs (prescribed and illegal) work. This explains how meditation works. This explains how hypnosis works. And this explains hows massage, biofeedback, and many health care treatments work.

Unless you can keep the mechanoreceptors and proprioceptors stimulated for a long time, then you are only achieving a temporary state.
I don't have a clue what all that means... but I have to imagine that you're trying to provide information regarding the Placebo Effect.  LoL
Do you happen to have a source for this information?  :)

As far as I'm aware, science doesn't know how or why the placebo effect works.
They know "how to use it" in regards to the scientific method, but not why it occurs. 
Why can you give one patient a real pill and heal them... and give another patient with the same "illness" a sugar pill and heal them too?

todd421757

Here is the part of the document that is related to the placebo discussion:

The pain-detection threshold is both biological and subjective and thus has many influential denominations. Influences on pain tolerance include drugs, alcohol, and hypnosis, any of which can alter the cognitive function of the brain and increase tolerance. Faith and strong beliefs can enhance pain tolerance. Warmth, rubbing, and distraction have also been thought to increase tolerance of pain. Pain tolerance can be reduced by fatigue, anger, boredom, anxiety, stress and depression. Persistent pain also seems to decrease tolerance (Watt-Watson, 1999). Because of the varied and multiple factors that can decrease pain tolerance, athletes who do not respond well to therapy should not be judged as malingerers or "fakers". Disregarding the physiological effects of psychological influences creates an incomplete picture of pain etiology and is an injustice to the athlete.
   The central-biasing theory also explains cognitive evaluation such as conscious thought (Starkey, 1993) and past experiences or pain memory (Prentice, 1999). An athlete who cringes and grimaces before a painful bruise is actually touched exemplifies pain memory. We often observe athletes who, after return to play, overreact to a situation similar to that involving a previous injury. Past experiences and learned behaviors might explain the sociological factors associated with central biasing. Picture the Little League shortstop who is hit with a batted ball in the groin. If the athlete is a boy, he might react to pain much differently than a female gymnast who falls on the uneven bars and injures her groin. This is an example of gender-role stereotypical response. Much research has been conducted comparing the pain response between genders (Buxton, 1999).
   Another example of the influence of conscious thought on pain tolerance is peer pressure (Buxton, 1999). An athlete who changes a pain complaint after a pep talk from a teammate is consciously overriding pain (Starkey, 1993). Culture, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, the type of sport played (contact vs. noncontact), personality type, and being in the "heat of the game" all influence pain tolerance (Buxton; Prentice, 1999).
   Central-biasing theory might be related to placebo effects of pain relief. The etiology of a decrease in pain without physiological change to the issue could be interpreted as a psychological mechanism. "All therapeutic modalities have some degree of placebo effect" (Buxton, 1999, p.59). For example, an athlete might discuss a great new modality that has helped him or her achieve pain-free range of motion when, in fact, the ultrasound machine used on that athlete had a broken crystal. The central-biasing theory is applied to athletic training or therapy when we ask an athlete to describe and rate his or her pain on a scale of 1 – 10 (Buxton). Athletic trainers and therapists working with athletes in pain should capitalize on the central-biasing theory by initially calming and comforting the athlete, empathizing once the athlete is calm, and justifying the reaction that he or she is having to the painful experience. Education  and behavior modification can give the athlete confidence and assurance that pain is a protective process and that there are many ways of managing it.

This is taken from:

physio2go.com/files/paintheories.doc 

This is a Microsoft word document that explains things in an easier format. Copy and paste the link into your browser and then select open to read it as a Microsoft word document.

Pauli2

Quote from: Xanth on July 20, 2012, 13:08:18
As far as I'm aware, science doesn't know how or why the placebo effect works.
They know "how to use it" in regards to the scientific method, but not why it occurs. 
Why can you give one patient a real pill and heal them... and give another patient
with the same "illness" a sugar pill and heal them too?

Steve G Jones doesn't state that his hypnotic method works by placebo.
Steve G Jones doesn't state how his hypnosis method work at all.

Steve G Jones just claims to be one of the world leading experts on hypnosis,
but without anything backing up his claim. How has he got that title?

Xanth, do you believe that someones penis can grow by hypnosis as a result of placebo?

By help of Steve G Jones Penis enlargement CD, all natural hypnosis ?

Don't you request any scientific proofs, like a measurement of the length of the
person's penis before and after those 21 days of hypnosis "treatment"?

Not mere placebo.

Or can we agree that Steve G Jones is a con man, producing a scam which
doesn't deserve any credit on the Pulse. That his hypnosis therapy is bluff,
hoax, deception, swindle, hustle or similar tricks to get people's money.

If you go to a scientist and say: "Hey, this Steve G Jones guy can increase the
length of my penis and he can also give me a ride into the astral, by hypnosis
therapy at the cost of $25000 for two phone calls.
"

What reaction do you think you will get?

Placebo?

Scam?
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Xanth

Dude, you need to get over your obsession with penises... LoL

bluelily

I've had the same concerns as the OP, something sounds a bit off... I'm still undecided about his programme, which is why I haven't bought it - yet. But I'm considering it since there are people here vouching for its quality... Lionheart saying it's good stuff makes me consider it seriously. I'm not entirely convinced about his (Jones') motivation though.

As for the marketing - some people truly believe that something is/works better the more you pay for it, so raising the price is just good marketing that works on some people. (Others find it problematic though - personally I don't believe in making money off spiritual things because I've been trained to see it as more of an altruistic thing, but that's just me.) Regardless of his credentials, he's quite a big name so if he can increase his prices for a private session, maybe it's understandable that he would. He does cater to the celebrity crowd, who might not like it at all if it sounds 'cheap'. Sounds like a ridiculous price to me and I wouldn't pay for that, but some would. Fair enough.

To be honest I find his marketing and videos less offputting than some of what Robert Bruce has said (and his tone much of the time). And he's actually much less pushy than Bruce and some of the other programmes at Mindvalley (same marketing company he uses).

But if the binaurals work then it might be worth it just for that. If it works, it works. If buying his programme activates some sort of placebo effect that actually works on me then I'd consider that a small price to pay for a good result to be honest. The placebo effect is, in my mind, a good thing as long as it does no harm. I would absolutely love to have a placebo thing that worked on some of my health issues, so why not this...

I think I've sort of talked myself into buying it now :-) If that 2-for-1 offer happens again I'll probably post about it on this forum. And I think it has a money back guarantee too, not that I don't have a tendency to miss the deadlines for those things but at least it's something.
Follow your heart without remorse.

Lionheart

Wow, all I can say is Wow. I just returned from a week long Music Festival named Moondance Jam in Minnesota to see this.. Pauli you have just shown me how paranoid you really are. Here's an idea, why don't you take care of Pauli first before you stick your nose into other people's affairs. I have sent PMs offering to help you and you have chose not to accept my help. But your obsession with attacking people that you don't agree with is causing you to become Delusional. I am not a Hypnotist or Dr. Steve G. Jones, lol, but I would sure like to have his money!  :-)
As for the google search, I have found that for some reason any topic that we talk about here can be found on a simple google search. I myself do not like that lack of invasion of privacy.
Lastly, for people that are interested in this program, it is ONLY a "Tool". I bought it, I used it and I found a level of success with it, end of story! I have also purchased the Laxman Light/Sound Machine,, the Bio Tuner and a number of Binaural Beat and Isochronic Tones from websites that sell them like Kelly Howell's Binaural Beat MP3's to help me reach my personal destinations and goals. I am currently searching for a good set of Tibetan Singing Bowls so I may play around with the mind effect that Harmonics create. I like to experiment, but have no wish to write any books or do any videos EVER. I have yet to read Pauli's review on those items. I'm sure he is reading books on these right now as I am typing this post here.  :wink:

bluelily

Lionheart, since you own his programme, maybe you could answer a question for me. As I said in my post above yours, I'm considering buying it, but it would help to know if the content addresses my problem at all. As we're all well aware of, there's an element of 'believing you can do it' involved in our success (or lack thereof) with astral projection. The problem is, I don't. On some level I do, I really do, but I've come to see that one of the problems I have is that there are some deep-rooted issues with not believing it's possible for me to be successful at it. (It's a long story but basically it's been drilled into my head over many years, unintentionally from basically everyone that's contributed.)

Do the hypnosis sessions address problems like mine in any meaningful way? Basically, is there anything substantial in his programme that you think could turn the ship around for someone who has the self-belief thing down on the surface but not beneath? If it could help address this then it would be well worth the price tag, because nothing I do on the surface seems to put a dent in the underlying things, so I could use some help in some form. Hypnosis has helped me with other things, so I'm thinking it might be worth a go. I would appreciate any input on this, thanks :-)

Lionheart

Quote from: bluelily on July 22, 2012, 20:03:18
As we're all well aware of, there's an element of 'believing you can do it' involved in our success (or lack thereof) with astral projection. The problem is, I don't. On some level I do, I really do, but I've come to see that one of the problems I have is that there are some deep-rooted issues with not believing it's possible for me to be successful at it.
The program will NOT help anyone who does not believe this is possible. You need to find what it would take to change your believe here. I'll give you a personal event, one of many personal events that made me a believer.
Last August, Mary Jo and I were in the process of getting our Christmas Seasonal store. For the past 5 years we have had a Seasonal store during the months of November/December. I sat down to do a Phase Session and was shown a Kiosk, not a store. This Kiosk had two products we have never sold before, products we knew nothing about. One was some kind of glowing glass product, the other looked like a Salt Lamp. I immediately told Mary Jo about my session, she was mad and didn't want to hear anything about it. Before we started doing Seasonal Stores, we did Season Kiosks and did not like that experience. So, we looked into the store, signed a Contract for a spot in our local mall, this basically made my vision in my Phase Session null and void. At least you would think it would. But what I saw I believed to be true, so I told Mary Jo that maybe it would be a good idea to bring Salt Lamps and the glowing product, which turned out to be a Glowing Glass Jellyfish into our store. We went on preparing for our store and the day before we were to take over the lease we received a disturbing phone call. It was the Mall and it seemed they had made a enormous error. The name of the mall we were going into is Crossroads Mall, the company that owns our mall owns many, another that just happens to be Crossroads Mall but in Michigan. They messed up the lease location. We live in Minnesota, not Michigan. So, all they could offer us was, yes you guessed right, a Kiosk. We couldn't fit our musical animals or our Dragon Sculptures on the Kiosk. But we could fit Salt Lamps and Glass Blown Jellyfish.
Now you can see why my belief is so strong and why I have chose to volunteer my time helping other people here. This is real. It was proven to me, now you just have to find way to prove it to yourself.

bluelily

Thank you for your answer. My problem isn't so much about it being real vs not - I've done it before. My problem is that while I KNOW on some level that I can do it, there's another level that's convinced I can't (other people can, just... not me), and it's really getting in the way. Do you think the hypnosis sessions in his programme might be of help here? Cause whatever else I've done only seems to access the surface parts, if that makes sense...? On that level I'm convinced, but the problem lies deeper.

Lionheart

My only answer to you BlueLily would be to listen to his free youtube videos and decide for yourself whether or not this is the Tool" you wish to use. While your at it, type the word Hypnosis in your youtube search box and see how many other people that use Hypnosis to rid themselves of a problem. be entertained, or help them achieve some important goal in life.

Jdeadevil

To be honest if I had money to burn I'd go for it. I actually like what he says; his free videos are informative and good quality and when he's telling (but probably repeating) information about astral projection he's very well-spoken.

Xanth

Quote from: bluelily on July 22, 2012, 21:16:04
Thank you for your answer. My problem isn't so much about it being real vs not - I've done it before. My problem is that while I KNOW on some level that I can do it, there's another level that's convinced I can't (other people can, just... not me), and it's really getting in the way. Do you think the hypnosis sessions in his programme might be of help here? Cause whatever else I've done only seems to access the surface parts, if that makes sense...? On that level I'm convinced, but the problem lies deeper.
There's something to be said for Intent.
You purchasing Jones' program might symbolize a good chunk of your positive intent towards projecting due to the perceived cost of the program.  :-)

Intent can manifest in strange ways.   Ways which we could never initially even guess. 

bluelily

Thanks for your input Lionheart. I'll take that as a 'no' about there being anything in the programme itself that specifically addresses subconscious limiting beliefs. I may need to work something out on my own... I've come to believe that hypnosis has an effect on me from trying it on other things (and that belief may be all that's needed, right?) so it may be able to help with this too.

@Xanth: Yeah that's a point to consider too :-) Thanks.

Stookie_

It's important to be able to discern the real-deal teachers from the egotistical money-makers... that is unless you don't care about the impact these types have on society. The easiest way to figure it out is not to spend any money on AP/mediation/spirituality at all. There is SO MUCH information available for free, and from there it's all about inner work, which is a personal journey - it almost seems sacrilegious to be expected to spend money for it. And if you think it will speed things up, then patience and perseverance is probably a lesson needed to be learned, as those are very important on a spiritual path as well.

All the necessary information is available for free.

Barnowl

I've always thought that. If you know where you're looking, you won't need to buy anything.

All money does, is accelerate the process (for most things)
Please 'Like Us' on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/YourSpiritualSuccess

Please 'Subscribe' on Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/doddy23

bluelily

I can only name one person out there who combines hypnosis with teaching astral projection, which is why it's interesting to me. For those of us who have additional different issues than the average person who tries this, it's quite possible it may be of help.

And at least with him you know roughly what you're getting and I can say confidently that he's not trying to hook people into a religion or something... Which is the potential downside of spiritual teachers.

I don't really like the money aspect of it though. It makes me uncomfortable, because there are so many people out there who can't pay.

personalreality

Quote from: bluelily on July 23, 2012, 15:13:07
I can only name one person out there who combines hypnosis with teaching astral projection, which is why it's interesting to me. For those of us who have additional different issues than the average person who tries this, it's quite possible it may be of help.

Dr. Bruce Goldberg teaches you to create your own self hypnosis scripts for astral projection with a simple digital recorder.  His book is like 20 bucks.  He does all kinds of hypnosis scripts though.  Probably even has a penis enlargement book.   :lol:

I used to stack his hypnosis scripts over top of binural beats, I found it to be very effective.  I would start with a simple binural for relaxation, then drop it to something to take you deeper and then record hypnosis scripts over them.  The binurals are nearly inaudible and hypnosis seems to be more effective when the script is recorded in your own voice (your subconscious likes the way you sound; and i say that it seems more effective because i don't have any scientific research to provide as evidence, but i've found it to be accurate).

However, once you learn to write these kind of scripts (which you can learn to do for free online), it's really easy to write your own scripts for whatever purpose.  People don't really acknowledge it much, but any of Monroe's programs that have him talking to you, telling you what to do, are basically hypnotism scripts.  The only difference is that he uses binurals to get your mind into the right state, whereas a hypnotist uses phrases and your own will to get the job done. 

Quote from: Stookie_ on July 23, 2012, 11:52:23
...and from there it's all about inner work, which is a personal journey - it almost seems sacrilegious to be expected to spend money for it.
quite.
be awesome.

bluelily

Thanks for that, personalreality :-) I hadn't heard of him before but I'll look into his work. I actually already have two books on self-hypnosis (including one by Forbes Robbins Blair that I quite liked, called Instant Self-Hypnosis) and have written my own scripts before, and have the points I want for an astral projection script written down at least. I just haven't written it out properly yet.

Your idea of adding that on top of binaural beats sounds good. I actually tried one like that on Youtube (that one was by Rick something) but I'm more comfortable with scripts I've made myself... Probably the case for a lot of people.

Agreed about many of these guided audios being basically hypnosis sessions. Many of the ones I've heard are as textbook as they come, but people rarely acknowledge that... Maybe because it would spook people and make them worry about someone getting inside their heads.

Lionheart

I heard this guy Dr. Goldberg speak on Coast to Coast AM and I was definitely not impressed with what he had to say. He was full of ego and basically said his way was the only way. His private sessions are $400.00 and he says for most cases a maximum of 5 three hour sessions is all that is needed to complete his training. That's $2000.00 for his complete training.
Here is his Coast to Coast AM interview. His section starts at 1:16:00. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5PHRvcGtuU

bluelily

Wow, that's quite a high price... I guess some people feel very differently about charging money for these things. And I wouldn't expect to have it down after 5 sessions anyway. If only it was that simple...

Xanth

Quote from: bluelily on July 24, 2012, 20:28:11
Wow, that's quite a high price... I guess some people feel very differently about charging money for these things. And I wouldn't expect to have it down after 5 sessions anyway. If only it was that simple...
Honestly, we all have to survive in this physical reality.  To do that, it requires money. 
Charging money to teach the stuff we know is a small price really.  For if they didn't charge money, they probably wouldn't be able to survive here long enough to not only learn the skills, but to pass them along.  :)

I have Goldberg's book, "Astral Voyages"... I wasn't very impressed with it. 

I have also listened to that particular Coast to Coast interview, but again, it was a very long time and I don't remember the content all that well now.

Xanth

Actually, I just ran upstairs and grabbed my copy of "Astral Voyages" to briefly go through.
It would seem that, as long as you can get past his "mystical" & "classical" views on astral bodies and dimensions... I think it's not a completely terrible read.
There are some solid techniques and suggestions throughout it.

bluelily

Quote from: Xanth on July 24, 2012, 21:31:19
Honestly, we all have to survive in this physical reality.  To do that, it requires money. 
Charging money to teach the stuff we know is a small price really.  For if they didn't charge money, they probably wouldn't be able to survive here long enough to not only learn the skills, but to pass them along.  :)

Yes, I understand the rationalisation for it, but there's just something that feels off to me about charging for spirituality. I'm not really comfortable with people making a living doing it. Many people can't pay... But it's just my personal feelings about it. I'm ok with other people thinking about it differently... Good thing there's a lot of good info out there for free though.

I really respect Thomas Campbell's approach of keeping his day job, uploading his book for free for anyone to read, and conducting interviews and giving talks... I don't know if anyone else saw the video of Robert Bruce's interview with him recently but there was an awkward moment there when Bruce talked about how talks tend to pay better and Campbell said that oh actually he doesn't charge to do talks. It actually makes me want to buy his book anyway, even if I can just keep reading it online for free.

personalreality

Quote from: Lionheart on July 24, 2012, 19:19:29
I heard this guy Dr. Goldberg speak on Coast to Coast AM and I was definitely not impressed with what he had to say. He was full of ego and basically said his way was the only way. His private sessions are $400.00 and he says for most cases a maximum of 5 three hour sessions is all that is needed to complete his training. That's $2000.00 for his complete training.

I'm completely with you on that one.  He's full of himself and he's trying to brand himself sooo much that it's annoying.

However, he is a good hypnotherapist and all you need is one of his books and you get all the basics for learning self hypnosis.  If you're smart, it's not hard to create your own scripts after reading one of his books.

But, like I said, you can learn to do the same thing for free online.  I used to just go to borders or barnes and noble and just walk around the metaphysical/spirituality sections until a book popped out at me (I have actually had books fall off the shelf in front of me and I just stopped and bought them).  Goldberg was one of those authors.  I found his book helpful, but I agree that he's egotistical and charges outrageous prices for his private sessions.  A person could make plenty of money charging like a dollar an hour or something.  I worked with psychics, a hypnotist and even a mentalist who all made a perfectly decent living like that. 

Quote from: Xanth on July 24, 2012, 21:31:19
I have Goldberg's book, "Astral Voyages"... I wasn't very impressed with it. 

It has solid self-hypnosis scripts in it.  I took classes at college on hypnosis, and some workshops by private instructors, one from A.R.E. in Norfolk, and based on what I've learned about hypnosis, his methods are good.  The problem is that he could care less about the subjects of his scripts.  He just picks "hot" topics like projection or "connecting with your higher self" and writes a book about them.  His books are practically all the same. I think he's got like one book written and he just changes the details to reflect the subject that he's trying to sell.  But, the techniques are legit.

Again, you can learn for free online.
be awesome.