News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Teh Edn of teh wolrd!!!LOL!!111one

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

Why worry about the future? Now is all that we have.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

volcomstone

I seriously hope there is a massive change soon

Its not good that I feel guilty for living where I do (canada), and how lucky I am to be born in a free country, people say its neccesary to have money,

when I see money all I can think of is exploitation, slavery, and raping the enviroment.

why does 10% of the world own 90% of the wealth, why must most of the world live in poverty?  

plus the turmoil in the holy land, and the place where civilization was born, and then I turn on the T.V. and see hundred of sports maniacs covering themselves and thier children in war paint, and war colours to support their team BECAUSE OTTAWA VS TORONTO IS WAR!!!!!
(go sens go)

and then you realize most of them are bigots and racists who can't understand why a muslim wears a headpeice, or why they would follow sucha  "stupid religion"

anyhow, glad I vented, it seems many people feel the same way,.
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

volcomstone

oh yeh, why can't we just send a bunch of michelina's in refigerated air freight to the third world countries?

those things cost like 25 cents a peice in bulk, just give them soil and seeds, and teach them how to grow,

the sad part is its so easy to feed everybody, but you'll never see sports players with their seven cars (bently, porche, corvette, bmw, etcetc) do something like that, (unless they got tax deductable credits for their registered donation), If I ever donate, it will be anoynmous(sp?)  

"is it me? or is it me, that can't see the silver lining?" -std

Clow

Its fine if you don't think that it weon't happen. But you don't have to yell or try to convince people that it won't. Here is what I think Turkey. I think this is a reasonable accusation too so don't take it as a thoughtless insult. Maybe you are afraid of change. Maybe you are afraid of your dreams, your life, your surrounding that you have learned to love and have grown so used to of bieng ripped to shreds. Think about what i said for a bit before you reply with a angry response.
You can't outrun death but you can make the Bastard work for it.

"Does the Walker choose the Path, or does the Path choose the Walker."

Like a light at the end of a tunnel that goes on forever.

Anonymous

End of the world? Probably not (at least not until the sun blows up billions of years from now). I speculate that perhaps the Ancient Ones were predicting a major shift in the way society lives. A very major shift, but not the end of the world. Perhaps sometime soon people will see through all the BS that our society puts us through. Why do 80% of our tax dollars go to wars we don't want? Why don't we put that money somewhere useful, like in our education systems and medical research programs? Why is it that living healthy is so expensive? Try to buy food that isn't genetically altered or pumped full of toxic chemicals. Try to buy meat that isn't mass-produced by one of the three major agribusinesses (ConAgra, National Beef, etc). How much of your pay check is left? Probably very little.

Here we are now, surrounded by machines and technology. Should a nuclear war arise, many will die, but not everyone. We will stumble back into the stone age and live like cave men. God help us should stupidity prevail long enough to let this happen. On second thought, maybe it should happen. What's on TV these days? Reality shows about idiots who want to plastic surgery the heck out of their bodies so they can look like someone who's famous. What kind of message is this sending to people? It's saying you're not important unless you look just like the rich and famous people. People have such a desire to feel special. Our society is designed to feed the egos of the population and has us viewing some people as being more important than other people, when that is not the case. Anyone who thinks that way should be having brain surgery, not cosmetic surgery.

Do you ever notice how long it takes to envision something and then create it, and yet how little time it takes to destroy it? Look at the TV. It took someone a very long time to do all the research that would lead to the creation of the TV, and then it probably took just as long to build it. Now take a sledge hammer to that TV. How much time did it take to undo what all that spent time and energy helped to create?

As one of my teachers once said, time is the only thing you can waste and not get back.

Jenadots

I agree with Ender and Fat Turkey.  End of the world not likely. More likely may be something that changes how we live and that might be a good thing, especially in the USA.  

I will add one more thing to Ender's list of things that are hard to find and that is alternative fuels - there are only two or three hybrid cars on the market and those still use gasoline.  Our daily lives seem most affected by the oil companies, the whims of the car companies, the Pharamceutical companies, and the Health Insurance companies who now get to decide who lives or who dies and are driving good doctors out of the profession.  I don't know why a doctor who has never been sued for malpractice should have to pay outrageous premiums, but they do.  

And TV just shows how superficial and shallow our society has become.  The most popular shows - the reality shows I refuse to watch - seem to have become a substitute for real live experiences.  And we elect men to the presidency on the basis of who has the best hair [:P] - think about it and look at the candidates the last 20 -30 years.  Eisenhower was the last bald guy in office. The current two are just two sides of the same coin - two rich guys from Yale. Under the surface, there really is no difference.  And when was the last time a short guy got nominated?  Thanks to TV and Hollywood, someone who is short, bald, fat, is never going to get nominated no matter how good a President he or she might be.  

So we definitely need some changes.  I do not, however, buy into all the end of world scenarios being touted as the absolute truth by all manner of people based on nothing more than their own imaginings.

Yes, there may be climate changes and planetary changes -- always have been.  Yes, there will be wars and rumors of wars -- always have been those too for as long as mankind has existed.  Powerful people have become despots and tyrants and made their people suffer.  That too has always been with us as have massive wars and genocide.  

The real change we need is evolution out of the madness that leads to that - out of the impulse to make war and kill and maim.  It seems to be in us genetically.  Yet we have minds that supposedly can control those impulses and the more irrational emotions that cause so much pain and suffering for others.  

How do we evolve when every generation seems to have its version of Hitler or Bin Laden or Idi Amin of Pol Pot or any number of people who become insane with power and abuse it in unspeakable ways?  

We live in trying times, times in which it is easy to despair for our futures.  But to despair is to have a total lack of faith in ourselves, and in any definitiion of God, and in our fellow men and women.  

Under the awful headlines, every day, I see people helping other people.  I see people trying to cope with the troubles of their daily lives by just keeping one foot in front of the other rather than lashing out at someone.  Most of all, I see hope in the faces of the vibrant teenagers I teach every day and they give me hope.

I think all any one of us can do is work to change the world around us one person at a time, starting with ourselves.  

Whatever disasters may befall us, somewhere in some way, there will be survivors who will begin again.  

And if most of us die, a long sleep would be restful.  A nothingness or oblivion would not even be sensed.  And any kind of an afterlife would be a joy, and perhaps even a surprise to some. [;)]

Peace.....Jena

SmileySpirit14

im sorry, but i have to say this:
the name of this topic cracked me up for at least 5 mins...i LMAO literally!!!

anyway...i bet a lot of ppl devoted to the idea of this armagedon will feel incredibly stupid when nothing happens....
live forever or die trying

Clow

Okay try to remeber that I don't believe the world will end either. I just believe that the massive change will wipe out quite a few. Also watch what you say. I'm going to reverse your words to fit my liking k.

I bet alot of people devoted to the perfect world Idea are going to feel pretty stupid when their Perfect World comes crashing down on top of them.

wantsumrice

I agree with FT, i don't see why people would put so much energy into prophesies and predictions.  Just wait and see, and plan according to what is happening in the present.  

Clow: What perfect world idea are you talking about?

Clow

People always say that they live in such a stressful life and their life is crap. I have even put a lot of time and energy into keeping a freind from commiting scuicide. But when you think about it. We are a lot better off than we were in the dark ages or the Jewish in the Hallocaust. So compared throughout things in history I would say that many people today do have a perfect life or a pretty good one at that.

Even after satying that I still think ender is right in that sh** is going to hit the fan soon enough. When the leigons retards do infact open their eyes and realize that change does infact have to come here soon.

Squeek

Let's take a hypothetical situation here.

Now, for the past 50 years or so the world has been dealing with the theory by Alfred Wegener called "Plate Tectonics".  At its origin, most people thought it COULD happen, but since he had no proof as to HOW continents moved, it was never dubbed a "Theory".  Then some important stuff was found and yadda yadda yadda.  (By the way this is what I am learning in science right now...)

We should all know (or know by the end of this sentence) that True North and Magnetic North are about 21 degrees off.  This wasn't always the case.  In fact, the North Pole is thought to have once been right where North America is right now!  I have learned in my class that the plates of the earth are in constant motion (although not that much) and after a few million years, the poles begin to move as well.  That was probably the basis of the "Pole Shift" we've all heard so much about.  The Mayan Calendar's sudden end in the last month of 2012 is the closest "prophecy" to that date, so most people put those two together and formed this hypothesis.

Which is what it is.  A Hypothesis.  Billions are formed everyday by everybody.  Millions alone in the science world.  A very small margin of that becomes Theory, and an even smaller amount becomes fact.

What I'm getting at here, is that even though something may sound right to you, it sounds like crap to another person. Pangaea may sounds completely plausible to me with all the data Wegener supplied, but to someone else in my class, it may sound like the biggest joke in their life.

Everything you say is up for intepretation.  Maybe we all heard wrong about the future.  But then again, it's easier to predict the future than it is to know the past.

~Squeek

PS - Honestly, this is the last topic about this. [|)]

Fat_Turkey

Wow. I should have kept tabs on this, otherwise I might be remembering all my replies right now ^_^.

About the Perfect World ideal, Clow. I understand perfectly clearly that such a "Utopia" cannot exist. I have even formulated a hypothesis/theory/generic idea that what we live in IS perfect. I call the idea "Perfect Imperfection."

Let's imagine a world that has been "perfect" since the beginning of time itself. The beings in this world were always happy. Everything went right for them. This can't happen for a number of reasons. For one, everybody has a different ideal of what should go right. This causes conflict. And even if they did all have the same ideal and everything went their way, the people wouldn't really realise what a perfect world they lived in. They wouldn't know good from bad. It would just be the way things were.

The fact that some religions seem to say that we are imperfect beings, and we need the Almighty Saviour and whatnot to help us out annoys me. The fact that we are imperfect makes us perfect. It makes this thing called "society" exist. It also makes it possible for us to learn and grow. It helps us strive to grasp wisdom (although most of us strive to grasp other things...sadly).

I guess it's tricky to explain, but I hope that all works out.

The rest of what I would be saying now if I could remember any of it really mirrors the thoughts of others who have posted. You pretty much all sum up the ideas I have in my head about the whole ordeal. Thanks ^_^.

~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Nate

I've been gone a while, did we ever figure out who was going to get us first? I mean I don't know if I should go out and buy lizard man repellant or candles for demon prtection spells? Or maybe I should throw away all my money so I can transend my earthly wants. I just don't know what to do.
Well maybe I'll just drive my SUV to the republican diner. I should probably stop at wal-mart on the way there....taaaaa!!!

-Nate

Clow

I guess I used the wrong word when I said Perfect World. What I mean is most everyone has something in this life they cherish. If what I am saying happens it will be very hard to hold onto that thing. So maybe the people who get angry in their posts are just afraid of this Idea. Thats just a thought. Oh well I got to get to school.

wantsumrice

I think I would just scrap that whole idea Clow.  I cherish myself, so what you're saying is that if what you say happens, I will lose myself?  

I think you mean to say materialistic goods...or something...

~ivan

PS:  I only wish something would happen...And I think that people are disagreeing with what you have to say, because they think it won't happen, not because they are afraid (you don't need to rationalize everything)

Fat_Turkey

Everybody depresses me about this whole material possession thing.

So now I will relate my theory to cellphones:

Cellphones are useful. They are handy tools to have. But, when overdoing it, you become an evil wench and everybody gets annoyed with you for being a stupid yuppie, except the other stupid yuppies you yuppie with.

Or I can relate it to drugs:

One panadol will cure a headache. Several will make you high. You choose which is beneficial.

Some material goods are fantastic, and have actually helped us learn and grow, and have made our lives less dull. Some material goods have ruined everything, but that's the price of milk. Some material goods have made living standards better.

I don't see why everybody constantly has to romantisize the idea of living in the woods, being in touch with nature. It wouldn't be fun. It wouldn't be all magical and harmonious. It would be hard, tough, and filled with sickness and strife. If living in the natural world, free of "material goods" is so fantastic, go preach to the people who go on the Survivor TV shows. It's a tough life without our crap, but then again, it's tough with it at the same time.

So you choose. Edn of teh wordl s0 w3 can b3 l33t w1t n4tur3, or getting by on what we already have T_T.

~FT
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Jenadots

Hi everyone.  Got to agree with FatTurkey on living in the woods.  Sure a camping trip is nice as is a walk in the woods with a great dog.  But living like that on a daily basis would not be easy.

So many people in our world live very hard lives, lots of drudgery because they are trying to live off of farmed out land or live lives of extreme poverty that is what we all hope to avoid.  

Material goods are just that...things that make our lives easier to live.  Who here wants to live the rest of their lives without electricity?  How about heat?  washing machines, and a whole list of other things we consider necessities?  Sure, we could all adjust and adapt to a more basic and primitive life.  But we wouldn't like it.

Some materialism is just human nature.  One of the first words a child quickly grasps is the word "mine".  We have to teach our children to share and be generous.  So being possessive and wanting something of our own is very human.  It is the excesses of never having enough that poses so many problems in our lives, our companies, and our countries.  Excessive greediness.  

So love all your "stuff" and take care of it.  Just keep in mind it is only "stuff", not your life and certainly not the essence of you.  And be as materialistic as you want to be as long as you are not harming someone else to get all that "stuff", I don't see what the problem is.  

End of the world -- it comes for all of us one day or another.  I don't worry about it as I doubt there is much I could do to prevent it.  Some of the predictions that are out there makes one wonder if living through it and surviving it wouldn't be worse than dying in it.  

I don't understand this fascination we seem to have with our own extinction.  Yes, it could happen....a million things could happen tomorrow or thousands of years from tomorrow.  Our survival instincts are so very strong.  Just look at some of the things people have survived throughout our known history.  We fight and struggle to survive when we have to.  

So don't worry about it. Cheer up.[:D] It may never happen.  It may never happen in our lifetimes, contrary to what so many predict will happen in some awful way or another.  

I am sure the closer we get to 2012, we will really start to hear the true nut case scenarios just as we did prior to the year 2000.  I plan to be around in 2013.  Hope you all do too.

Fat_Turkey

(Audience cheers) VERY well written Jenadots!![:D][:D][:D]

But there are some cases, of course, when being materialistic in whatever way we please can do other bad things than harming others. Most people take in that message and actually think of "harming others" as physical pain, because they obviously haven't realised the power of the human word against a fellow human being. And then there is some materialism, the stuff advertised by my friend the Media, that is downright wrong. Such as using women as props, to do your sexy dances for you on stage, to go in your stupid sports car so that people will think you're cool. Well here's the thing - nobody gives a crap. The people who do are too stupid to have minds of your own. Good job, you have a legion of mindless zombies coming after you!! Just like Dawn of the Dead.

Well, I'm off.

Thanks for that great post ^__^
~FT
-Anonymous

volcomstone

Im taking a course in the fall which specializes in outdoor living
and guides

I'm sure I can have the same amount of happiness without internet or T.V.

findtruth

Wonder if Astralpulse will still be around in 2013.
But ya'know the future is only an infinite amount of possibilities.  Nothing's really set or there'd be no point in living.  It'd be like acting out a play.

How 'bout material things AND the woods?  I like em both.
Here's a question, how materialistic are you folks?  
I'm materialistic, not overly, but I'm no guru. It'd be hard to go without books, though, manga, drawing stuff, my collection of pieces of caution tape, and the idiot box.

Fat_Turkey

The idiot box is deteriorating over the past few years, and I must say I hardly use it anymore. I only need it for anime, because that seems to be the only quality I can find for my TV half the time, and even then the dubs ruin it all.

So yeah, I think I could live without TV, but not a computer or my drawing stuff. Manga just plain rules. Maybe we should try being like Elves, incorporating beautiful craftmanship in and around the natural surroundings. That way we waste less resources and make things look pretty damned cool ^_^

~FT
-Anonymous

Anonymous

All I can say is, if the 'end of the world' comes, I hope I am one of the casualties. It would definitely suck living without technology. We have it all right now. Unfortunately, this is not the case for everyone, and for them, it might actually be beneficial. It is unfortunate that our society here in the U.S. has made so much progress at the expense of others, but we aren't the only ones. If there is an end, it'll be because we blow ourselves up. Unfortunately people that stupid do exist and some are in positions of power to let things like that happen.

Fat_Turkey

T___________T

WHY...WHY...WHY.

Why is everybody getting so riled up about something that nobody has really foreseen? I know it's cool to believe that something big and dramatic will happen, like something out of an anime or movie or something. But come on. Everybody is taking sides with "the alien federation" or "the ki warriors" or "the non-believers" when we're ignoring what we all do best: Keeping an open friggin mind!

Why not just sit there and wait for time to tell us what will happen? At least then we won't all be embarrassed when the day comes and nothing, and I mean nothing at all, ever happens. Then we could discover that aliens were created by us, and then somebody will lead a crusade across the astral galaxy to destroy them all.

~FT
-Anonymous