News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

That point in life where you stop...

Previous topic - Next topic

Selski

I get that at certain times in my life.  My enthusiasm just disappears and nothing interests me.

I don't think it's necessarily an 'age' thing.  I was probably at my best between 18-25.  

I tend to bounce back though, just like Tigger in Winnie the Pooh!

Ho hum.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

cube

It seems to be a fairly common thing for people to experience periodic 'spiritual blahs' as their value systems shift and there are intervals where they've released stuff they don't need but haven't quite latched on to the new, important and fun stuff. Of course, I really have no way of knowing if this is what applies to you personally.
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

Kazbadan

I have 25 and i am "stuck" too. I think that due to some changes in my life point of view i am changing too, for better.

"Rest" for soe while in that state, then go search for something new.

For example: if you never tried parachuts (and do i write this word) or delta wing, you must try it! I bet that is a great and overhelming sensation, maybe better than obe (in obe you know that you cannot fall and die...in parachuts it´s different....).

Do you have a girlfriend? If not you must start thinking on that...i dont have one too but  i bet that it would change my life for better...
I love you!

Rob

Yeah - life, in all its different aspect, seems to follow a sort of cyclical pattern (like a sine wave), with different lengths of up and downs and etc. Sometimes they all just fly at you together, and you'll feel totally negative for a while. Days, weeks, maybe up to months. Conversely, they can all come together on the up and woohoo! I like that feeling. So maybe thats it, or part of it.
I can manipulate my "feel" in a current instant, so that my energies are positive or negative or a mix. Both are required. But the thing is, when in (just) negative I cant feel joy, happyness, or any of those things. You dont shine, as a consequence, nothing shines for you. But thats fine - I think maybe you just need to learn how to "be" in that way. Its difficult because that negative aspect is not what we are told to aspire to, and often not the most pleasant place to be. But its much worst if you try to reject it. If you learn that way of being it becomes very integrating, and relaxing.
Maybe you should meditate more/start doing so? That should help you through it, and is about as close to doing "nothing" as possible (bar rotting infront of the tele [:)]).

Hope this help.....hang in there fella'!

Rob (22)
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Jenadots

Hi, it does happen periodically throughout life.  The when different for everyone, but it is a time of what do I do know?  Is this all there is?  

I call it taking an emotional/spiritual rest while you let your subconcious work out a new perception or path in life.  

These are the times in life when just getting out of bed and putting one foot in front of the other is a personal victory.  Every thing seems to turn "sour" and one just wallows in it for a while.

Between 18 and 25 it is just growing up - a realization that what you thought life would be like at 16 isn't the way life is.  

Most people come out of it with a better sense of themselves and find a direction in life.  You will too.  Just accept that there will be other times in life when the same feelings arise when life makes you feel numb but a lot is going on inside.  

So, in a sense, Maven, just "park it" for a while and listen to the hints your inner self is giving you.  It is not a time for major decision making - save that for when you start to come out of it.  

In the meantime, good advice to meditate, take a walk in the woods or somewhere that is peaceful, talk to a dog or cat - they always listen - and surround your inner self with a healing blue light.  Or picture yourself just floating in a calm lake or ocean and really "feel" it.  There are many techniques to use that will give you, at least, some momentary relief from it all.  

JD

The Maven

Thanks for the replies. I had the feeling this was common. [^]

I have been resting for a few months now, and I am now starting to feel that drive slowly coming back.

No, I don't have a girlfriend. I haven't been trying to get one either, in fact I only tried once when I was 15 (and got close, I grabbed her attention, but she already had a boyfriend). I wonder how different my life would be if I had succeeded? Regardless, that was years ago. I don't feel ready for a relationship right now, and I don't know what I would have to offer at the moment. So I guess I won't pressure myself into that one. It will happen when the time comes.

I do feel like trying extreme stuff like jumping off a plane with a parachute, so I might go ahead and do that.

I have been trying to do some astral projecting (hence the reason I am here posting). I want to see if there is something beyond this physical realm. I doubt it though, I get the feeling it's just a product of our subconscious. I'll do some meditation as recommended, but I am still curious about astral projecting and OoBE.

I've been thinking about going on a trip by myself, or perhaps volunteer myself to help out in a country in need. Would this be a good idea?

Qui-Gon Jinn

I´m getting the feeling I´m in the beginning of one of these "down periods" now... most things feel... well.. boring... meaningless almost, even though I know better. Can´t help that´s how I feel though... well, actually I can hehe, you know what I mean... hmm... draveling... anyways... if you want to try something "extreme" - the parachuting idea ain´t bad at all.
It isn´t to expensive (not in Sweden it ain´t) and trust me - you´ll get a rush for sure... to bad I´m not a rich ($- wise) man, I´d invite you to Sweden for some parachuting [;)]  

Kazbadan

Parachuting....ohh...it´s like an orgasm! Just imagine the sensation of getting the last step and then jump it the air...!! Amazing!!

I can imagine that with realism, and in my imagination the sensation it is crazy, makes my stomach jump! Just imagine in the real life!

Now that we are speaking on this, why dont you guys give more ideas for extreme/nice things to do?!
I love you!

The Maven

Not to be mean, but I wouldn't want this thread to turn into extreme activities suggestions...

Kodemaster

The Maven,

Funny thing you mention this; I'm going through this exact same thing...tired of the same old thing: Same old job that drains all my energy and is not in my field, tired of hoping and wondering if I'll ever find one in my field, tired of the lack of attractive, intelligent and available men ;) tired of living in the same culturally and economically devoid area (I want to move out, but people won't hire you if you don't live in their area, and you need money to move!!!)

I am dying of wanderlust and haven't been on a trip in years...I had a crap job for 2 years, then got a better one 8 months ago...still hell to work for, but I have to wait another 4 months to get my vacation...

Tired of failed friendships and broken promises...it's always give, give, give on my end, and take, take, take on their end...

I really need a change of scenery...something to lift me up...something to make me feel good.
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Kodemaster

By the way I'm 26 (27 August 5th)
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

distant bell

Hi there!
I am in the magical age of 26 too. I have started to feel old (yes, this must seem like a joke to al of you who are older...).
In my case I think It is the realisation that I am closing in on thirty... and thirty is a kind of a magical turning point in life where you go from jung to adult over night in way.. Heeeelllp!!
But I guess you could have those low points at any age. Somtimes I think that it can be a reaction to being at the wrong place at the wrong time so to speak. Your current life situation is in one way, and the life situation that would have been ideal is quite something else. Perhaps the best thing is to try to change the life situation, Chanege the environment one is in, try to change what is happening..
then again, perhaps... the best thing is to learn to live with life as it is- after al, there will always be things that not go our way. I really don't know what is better. As many teachings say, we shall learn to be pleased with the things we have. But then the question arises, where dose beeing pleased stop and where does giving up/resignation start? To a certain degree, I really think we should work to try to reach our goals. perhaps somewhere inbetween lies the middle way. Trying to change the changeable but learning to appreciat or at least live with and learn from the unchangeable.

mactombs

I'm 25. I definitely think that at this age it's normal to be trying to find yourself, to better develop your identity. As far as girlfriends, if you don't feel like a relationship, don't get in one. Women are evil, anyway (at least from what I've experienced).

I also agree not to make any major decisions at this point.

A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Fat_Turkey

I'm 15 and I tend to get those points quite a lot, especially during busy times at school or when I have 3 weeks of holiday in which I don't "have to" do anything.

Basically I don't feel like going to karate anymore, and I only really want to hang out with my friends, because I never really get to see them while I'm at school (they go to another school from me).

I also get them when I actually have to apply effort to something I'm inspired to do, and I'm in holiday mode. Take for example, last night. Last night I felt like drawing like crazy. I love to draw, I create things. Of course, I need practice. So then I sit down to practice, and after about half an hour I'm half-finished with a sketch that looks like crap. Our friend Effort has successfully ruined another time when I am inspired to do stuff.

As soon as I get some new shoes I need to go running too..but I'll probably put that off too.

~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Phong

You guys are sick. You need to see a therapist on a regular basis who will constantly suggest that you take medication. Yes, your sickness is normal, but then it's normal to have a broken leg in a car accident, isn't it?

Sorry. It's just that I've been in the state you describe since I was 9, with very short moments of relief. I'm pretty certain that whenever things start appearing dull, though, it's because they are dull.

But then there's also been a study on the brain chemistry of murderers - they're very much like the brains of extreme sportists, in the way that they need powerful stimuli in order to feel excited. The difference between murderers and skydivers is that the skydivers have found a safer means of getting their kick. This brain chemistry is found in children as well.

Does that maybe make you feel better? That you're "wired" to feel like the world is pointless after childhood?

clandestino

Hi Maven,

I believe that it is normal for males & females to go through short, & long periods of depression. There's nothing I can say to offer a sudden "cure" though, I'm afraid !

I'm 28, only a few years older than some of you guys, & I've had similar feelings too in the past. I like Inguma's "sine wave" comment....you have to have downs to enjoy the ups !

quote:
I don't feel ready for a relationship right now, and I don't know what I would have to offer at the moment. So I guess I won't pressure myself into that one. It will happen when the time comes.

Well, I remember I used to beat myself up (not literally!) about my inability to keep one going ! I like your style. I'll throw in a quick cliche if I may - just "be yourself", heh heh. That was what got me over the frustrations I had.

Hi Phong !
quote:
Sorry. It's just that I've been in the state you describe since I was 9, with very short moments of relief

Sorry to hear that. I hope that posting around here offers a bit of light relief for you - it does for me !!

Mactombs :
quote:
Women are evil, anyway (at least from what I've experienced).

hee hee...come on, they're not all that bad. How about Alyssa Milano...surely she's not evil !?!! [:P]

kind regards,
Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

clandestino

Sorry, there was one more thing I was going to say. For me, I started to feel that life had more to offer, when I accepted that the only person who can help me is myself.

Its an obvious thing now, but I reckon that a few years back, I tended to think that the world owed me a living (cliche no.2 , sorry). But now I realise that if I want to acheive something, I have to get off my butt. !
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

The Maven

Woah, depression is not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about a period where I just feel tired inside and want to stop. Depression is nothing like that. I've been depressed before, so I would know.

The AlphaOmega

Life is a stressful thing and I think sometimes it can become a little overwhelming.  Everyone needs to stop worrying about everything every once in a while and take some time to relax from it all and reflect.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

Rob

Phong:
quote:

Sorry. It's just that I've been in the state you describe since I was 9, with very short moments of relief. I'm pretty certain that whenever things start appearing dull, though, it's because they are dull

You know, I used to live in the falkland, and we would go walking over the beaches there every so often. Well, quite regularly. I used to love watching the perfect-suchness (indescibeable really) of the water lapping over the white sand, and the "patterns" on on the water. My dad could never see it, and I doubt I could have a few years before.
My point is, its all a matter of perspective. And thats something you can change, over time. But not by trying to get away from the negatives, that never works, more by drawing yourself on to the positives. And then too, you only change if you truly want to. You'd be amazed how many people say they want to but really are stuck to the very things they want to change. Weird.
My 2 pennies worth (hah!! no cents for me!!!!! [;)]), make of it what you will.

Rob
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

The Maven

Has anyone ever got to a point in their life where nearly everything turns bland, you're fed up with nearly everything, you lose most of your interests or certain interests weaken, nearly everything seems pointless, you lose your drive and just feel like parking and not doing anything to advance anymore? That point where, regardless of your physical age, you feel old and tired in the inside? That point where you feel as if you have pretty much nothing to lose and just don't care anymore? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Would you agree that this period is common for people between 18 and 25, where they lose their drive and have to find it again?