News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The cholesterol myth

Previous topic - Next topic

phaseshiftR1111

I found this very interesting. I think if I remember right... This guy has destroyed the FDA in court more times than I can count. I am still learning more about him but... I am now on the paleo diet. It's not really a diet. I do eat dairy though sometimes and sweet potatoes etc after I workout. I wanted to see what you think about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQWAHnlpAWw

CFTraveler

I tend to agree with him, although it has made me rather unpopular with vegans, especially those who believe that this is a plot from meat companies to sell more meat.
If only we ate the paleo diet, I think we'd be more healthy, is what I think.  The problem is that it's not the type of world we live in.  Too much temptation- especially in the morning, I'm one of those people who are addicted to carbs in the morning.  But I admire anyone who can defeat it.
Why?

phaseshiftR1111

Quote from: CFTraveler on February 24, 2014, 17:38:39
I tend to agree with him, although it has made me rather unpopular with vegans, especially those who believe that this is a plot from meat companies to sell more meat.
If only we ate the paleo diet, I think we'd be more healthy, is what I think.  The problem is that it's not the type of world we live in.  Too much temptation- especially in the morning, I'm one of those people who are addicted to carbs in the morning.  But I admire anyone who can defeat it.

It is very tough CFT. I am on the paleo diet but I am not full Paleo. The only reason I say that is because I eat cheese and sour cream. My budget is tight so the only fast food I will get is from chipotle. SInce it's mostly all Organic. I get a burrito bowl with chicken, cheese, sour cream, and extra guacamole. It's actually really delicious. I basically convert to using fat as a fuel source and so far from what I can tell I feel better and have more energy. Carbs did something weird to me... I don't know what but I have noticed HUGE changes and it's only my second day. I do eat fruit but I am not trying to lose weight so that's not a problem. I am also going to eat sweet potatoes after a workout too. From what I understand I am now using fat as energy. You literally shed pounds without even working out.

Stillwater

One thing with diets I think is that it is really hard to separate psychosomatic effects from effects that would have occurred regardless of attitude. Because we undergo diets with the express intention to improve our health, and because we have the expectation that what we have placed our faith in will benefit us, it is possible that a lot of the improvement is actually us "willing" ourselves better. In my case, I have believed I have been vitamin D deficient being in a moderately northern climate in the winter; I make a point of going outside in the noonday sun for an hour or so at least every other day to get whatever Vitamin D I may from sun exposure, and I genuinely feel better when I am able. But am I feeling better because I was filling a tight need I had, or do I feel better because I perceived I was doing something that would be beneficial?

Hard to say.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Thread Killer

Stillwater,
    Regarding the vitamin D comment, were you feeling "less than" before undertaking the sun regime?
Pedant. Pedagogue. Prick.

Stillwater

I believe that the sun exposure has benefited my physical energy levels, and allowed me to feel a bit more alert. Minor fatigue issues have been with me for at least 15 years. Doctors and I have eliminated obvious things like iron levels or a thyroid issue, and I have formed theories such as D deficiency from time to time. But I do question it. Am I telling myself I feel better than before, or put another way, am I giving myself the order or permission to feel better?

Stookie_

I take 2000 iu of Vitamin D a day and it's made a difference for me, especially with sleep patterns, which I assume is correlated with how vitamin D effects circadian rythms. FDA recommendations are based on old studies and higher dosages can be more beneficial. Magnesium is something else most people tend to be deficient in. Examine.com is great for this kind of research:

http://examine.com/supplements/Vitamin+D/

http://examine.com/supplements/Magnesium/

(Hi Stillwater & Threadkiller :D )

Lionheart

Hello Stookie, Welcome back!  :-)

It's been awhile now!

Stillwater

Thread Killer

Hello, Stookie. Have you pursued your LOA project? This has turned into a regular reunion. I'll make a beer run.  :-D
Pedant. Pedagogue. Prick.