News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

very sad

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

I have to tell somebody.........

I live close to a nice forest. Just about 30 meters from our house stands an very old and huge beech tree. It is very likely the most beautiful tree in the entire forest (I know the forest very well). Every since my earliest childhood I went the the tree frequently for inspiration, if a had a bad time or simply to look at his beauty etc. This tree is like apart of me. I'm very much into nature, I simply love the forest. For me this huge tree have a very special aura and meaning to me.
So I said to myself that if one day somebody is going to cut down this tree I'm not going to let that happen. I'm gonna fight for the tree, chain me to the tree or something  :smile:

So guess what, this morning I looked outside the window and I saw the forest warden preparing the tree for cut down! :shock:  Now I went to him and said that I find it a pity if they cut that tree down and if there is any way to stop that. He simply said that other trees will grow again and that this tree was sick any way (This is not true, The tree is perfectly healthy for a fact) and that they will cut it down now. And I was just too much a coward to do anything else :cry:
I just went back to my home and watched the tree fall from my window.
And now I fell so bad and very angry. I'm angry with myself and angry with our society. I just think our society has not respect for nature at all.
I'm so angry with our society right now that I think may be we should get erased!

Do know why I'm telling this, just had to tell somebody.

Tom
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

intergalactic

I felt the same way when I was young there was about 7 acres or so of space beside my house spent all day every day there then one house came up still plenty of space then a second now all the trees gone  :cry: there was one tree by the rode that you could climb on and watch the cars go by stay under it in the rain do all sorts of stuff then they cut it down and build another house! Now instead of a nice old tree I have two mean old people living beside me!

greatoutdoors

Tombo,
I can totally sympathize!  :cry:

I am convinced that humans are doing their very best to destroy our world -- perhaps not realizing it's the only one they have!  :mad:

I would strongly suggest that you go and get something from that tree to keep: a few pieces of bark, some of the root system, some leaves, whatever strikes you. If you had an affinity for it then it could be a valuable "totem," for lack of a better word. You might consider getting a piece of wood that could be made into a necklace and other pieces just to keep in your room.

Tombo

Quote from: greatoutdoorsTombo,
I can totally sympathize!  :cry:

I am convinced that humans are doing their very best to destroy our world -- perhaps not realizing it's the only one they have!  :mad:

I would strongly suggest that you go and get something from that tree to keep: a few pieces of bark, some of the root system, some leaves, whatever strikes you. If you had an affinity for it then it could be a valuable "totem," for lack of a better word. You might consider getting a piece of wood that could be made into a necklace and other pieces just to keep in your room.

Thats an great idea! Can't believe I didn't think about that :roll:
Thx a lot! I'll do that right away :grin:

Tom
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

AndrewTheSinger

We have records of indigenous people habitating my country for about 12.000 years, the land was still untouched. 500 years after the first explorers
came in we've lost 90% of the Atlantic Forest , 60 % of the Cerrado and big chunks of the Amazon Forest are burning down everyday. Now we have dirty cities producing dirty air, dirty rivers and dirty souls.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Tombo

Quote from: AndrewTheSingerWe have records of indigenous people habitating my country for about 12.000 years, the land was still untouched. 500 years after the first explorers
came in we've lost 90% of the Atlantic Forest , 60 % of the Cerrado and big chunks of the Amazon Forest are burning down everyday. Now we have dirty cities producing dirty air, dirty rivers and dirty souls.

Yes Andrew, I know and it makes me sad. I guess, the fact that it happened in my own backyard now, made me realize how wrong it is. I'm really not a sissy or something, it is just about respect. We don't have respect for nature anymore. I don't wanna meet troubel halfway, but someday we will have to pay the price for that. We already do in way, as you said.
It just feels good to know that there are friends out there that feel the same way.

Cu Tom

-St John of the Cross

greatoutdoors

Andrew, I think I know what you are saying about previous peoples and the fact that the land was able to remain the same; but remember there were a lot fewer of them "back when." Nature is very resilient and has a remarkable ability to heal. It's just that now there are so many humans that we may be overwhelming that recovery ability.

I think sometimes we tend to put those early humans on a pedestal they don't necessarily deserve. They were just as oblivious to the harm they did to nature as we are today -- but as I said, there were fewer of them! I think it's Easter Island or Iceland (or maybe both) that used to be covered in forests, and mammoths roamed there. The natives cleared and killed all the trees and mammothes, then fell into civil war because they didn't have enough to eat! Human beings have always been the same, some good, some bad. The thing to do is focus on the fact that we, now, know better, and can do our best to make a difference for the future.

Tombo, in keeping with the above, you may be able to talk to the caretaker of that forest about leaving some dead or dying trees standing. They are crucial habitat to many animal species in this country, and I imagine the same is true where you live.

A funny thing happened last night. After reading your post I wondered what a Beech tree looked like. Then, while watching "This Old House" on PBS, they had several segments about Beech trees -- go figure!  :shock: So, my question was answered. They also said the limbs of Beech trees reach down to the ground and take root, becoming new trees. So your old friend may well have some kiddos in the neighborhood.  :lol:

Tombo

-St John of the Cross

Kazbadan

I feel sad for you Tombo, really. People dont give any value to trees or to the nature. I can understand your anger. In my city the hills were covered wih forest and with lots of trees. I remember that we used to enter on it and it was amazing. I remember the ruins of an old sancturay and the forest that you should pass to get into it.

Now that is gone. The forest is almost zero and to get to the santucaty you just pass some meters of forest...

In the future, our "forests" wil be stone and steel...
I love you!

Ybom

Tombo,
Are you sad that the tree was cut down, or that you believe you cowarded out (letting an old friend down)?

I suggest you forgive yourself and make things right. How? Well, you'll have to ask yourself that one. I will not speak for you, even if you want me to.

If I were in the same situation, I would go out and find a birchling and plant it beside the stump of the old one and pray that the spirit of the old birch teach this new one to be just as beautiful, so that you can be inspired and helped by it in your times of need. I'm fairly sure that any innocent tree would be more than happy to feel so loved. If planting it next to it isn't an option, then plant it on your property as close to it as you can get. But then again this isn't my situation, so I can only fantasize.
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

Tombo

Quote from: YbomTombo,
Are you sad that the tree was cut down, or that you believe you cowarded out (letting an old friend down)?

quote]

Both actually. you made some good suggestions, thx.

-St John of the Cross