News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Lost Room

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterJingo

Did anyone else catch this 6 part series? I just finished watching it and all i can say is "WOW". It has to be one of the most amazing series I have ever watched. Definitely recommended to everyone. If you haven't seen it, don't google it as there are a lot of spoilers out there, but definitely try and watch it if you can.

DH

Can you give just a short bit about what it's about?  I'm not familiar with the title.  Thanks!  DH
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

MisterJingo

The show revolves around a group of mundane objects which can do extraordinary things. The objects are things such as a pen, which can burn people alive, a comb which can stop time for around 10 seconds, a bus ticket which, when touched to a persons head it immediately teleports them to a remote part of route 66 and a pencil which creates a single cent each time it is tapped on a table. These objects are indestructible.
A lot of objects still have unknown abilities, people simply haven't discovered how to activate them or what they do. For example, the watch simply cooks an egg when it is placed in its strap loop.
When objects are placed together, they have different effects, so the watch and the knife seem to imbue the user with telepathic abilities. The combinations are almost limitless and the vast majority are unknown.
It also seems that objects can sense each other, so object carriers frequently meet other object carriers. It seems they want to be reunited.
The most valued object is a key. The key will open any door with a barrel lock, but any door opened with it leads to a specific room. This is the 'Lost Room' from the title. The Lost room seems to be a motel room somewhere on route 66. Every object which exists originally came from the Lost Room, which accounts for their reality bending abilities. If a normal object (or person) is left in the lost room when the key holder leaves it, they vanish, and the room resets itself to its previous state. Only the objects don't vanish, but they do move to their original position.
Objects don't function in the room; they behave just like normal objects.
As well as any door opening to the lost room with the key, the lost room's door can be opened to any door in the world. As long as you are familiar with the surroundings of the door, you can go there.
It seems some event happened at the location of the room in 1961 at a specific time which wiped it from reality, and somehow gave it its amazing properties (and created the objects in the room). No one knows what happened, and simply refer to this as 'The Event'.
Due to the great power of the objects, various cabals have sprung up, attempting to gather all the objects together. Some of them believe the objects are evil, and wish to destroy them, others believe the objects are from God. Some believe God died in the Lost room and the objects are pieces of him/her, others believe the objects will allow them to communicate with God, while others believe gathering all the objects to the room will make them become God.
The series revolves around a cop who gets hold of the key and discovers what it does. Unfortunately his daughter is in the room when it resets, so she vanishes. So the series follows the cop as he learns about the objects, discovers the history of the room and the cabals, and tried to find a way to bring his daughter back. He believes that a certain combination of objects will be able to get her back from the room. There is also a reported prime object, which can control all other objects.
I won't ruin any of the plot, but will say it is an amazingly creative and inventive show. I really hope they make it into a full series.

DH

Sounds fascinating.  Thanks for the info!  Maybe some creative soul will pick it up and make a series. DH
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

CFTraveler

You know I saw it on the scifi channel but thought it was a movie.  You mean I've been missing the series?   :-o

I saw it by parts, and I did see the end of that one- when he sees the daughter again. (I won't say any more)  I guess I'll have to start paying attention to TV more these days.
I have a couple of new favorite shows but never know when they're on. (Have you seen 'Dead Like Me'?)
Ok, enough rambling. I have work to do but see where I am...

DH

Yeah, "Dead Like Me" was pretty unique!  It had some interesting and fun ways to look at life questions -- even if darkly  8-).  I liked Mandy Patinkin in this one better than the "Criminal Minds" show he does now, although it has some interesting plots.  DH

MisterJingo

Quote from: CFTraveler on February 08, 2007, 12:07:22
You know I saw it on the scifi channel but thought it was a movie.  You mean I've been missing the series?   :-o

I missed it on sci-fi, but skyone recently showed it again over 3 weeks. Definitely catch it again if there is a repeat.

I saw it by parts, and I did see the end of that one- when he sees the daughter again. (I won't say any more)  I guess I'll have to start paying attention to TV more these days.

I love shows which are fantastical yet, not completely outside the realms of possibility (Admittedly, the effects of the objects are quite outlandish, but still...  :-D).

I have a couple of new favorite shows but never know when they're on. (Have you seen 'Dead Like Me'?)
Ok, enough rambling. I have work to do but see where I am...

I've caught a few bits of Dead Like Me, usually when I'm switching over to watch something, but what I've seen looks interesting. Will have to keep an eye out for when its on :).

Nay

Dead like me is a very interesting show.  But everytime I see the head guy, the guy that hands out the post-its, I hear...  "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die." :lol:

MisterJingo

Quote from: TalaNay on February 09, 2007, 16:05:34
Dead like me is a very interesting show.  But everytime I see the head guy, the guy that hands out the post-its, I hear...  "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die." :lol:

Wow, Princess Bride fan?? I'm impressed to you come out with his line  :-D very few people I speak to about it know what i'm on about  :-D It's an amazing film!  :lol:

Nay

It is one of my all time favorite films!!  I can watch it over and over and never tire of it.  I named my cat Fezzic,  hehe.. yes, I'm a huge fan of the Princess Bride.  :D

That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

:lol:

Astir

:-D my favorite part of that movie.

The Lost Room sounds like something I could get into. Maybe when I move back to US I'll look into catching an episode. For a long time I resisted TV, but I recently realized it's very...ahh calming.  :lol:

MisterJingo

Quote from: TalaNay on February 09, 2007, 16:26:41
It is one of my all time favorite films!!  I can watch it over and over and never tire of it.  I named my cat Fezzic,  hehe.. yes, I'm a huge fan of the Princess Bride.  :D

That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

:lol:

ahah

;)

Nay

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

:D

Stookie

I watched "The Lost Room" over the weekend thought it was excellent. It was very well written and directed - much better than most made for TV movies. It was probably the best mini-series I've seen since "The Stand". Thanks for the heads-up on this one MJ.