News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Matrix

Previous topic - Next topic

The AlphaOmega

My vote goes to hell no.  I'm a huge fan of The Matrix as is most of the nation.  But this phenomenon of "could it really happen" needs to pass.  It's just a movie.  Everyone who believes other wise just wants to be Neo.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

astralpwka

Maybe the Matrix is more of a metaphor for us being placed here by aliens for some other purpose or control, like Stargate... [:D]

As far as wanting to be Neo... Lucid dreaming!!!! Woot!!!

Rastus

All 3 movies are metaphors, and it's total symbolism.  There are websites full of the 'coincidenses'.  Do not interpret them litterally.
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

GANAMOHA

hey i think theres a book talking about that called matrix or somethin like that so you should go get it darkapprentice
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

TheDarkApprentice

quote:
Originally posted by GANAMOHA

hey i think theres a book talking about that called matrix or somethin like that so you should go get it darkapprentice

I'd totally pick it up if I knew the name of the book. But even if I did, it would require effort to go out and buy it. I'm a lazy BIATCH man
"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear"
          -Brian Tracy

DarkOne

there is a very serious book out right now by a computer scientist who believes the world is some kind of giant computer system. He actually proved his point by writing a program that generated complex patterns. Here is the gist of what he did....

each pixel in his program was given a set of basic rules that effected the surrounding pixels. when he ran this program at first a bunch of bovine excrement happened, however after waiting a few minutes he noticed something, complex patterns started emerging. he ended up writing a program that created a tree with leaves using just this concept.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2002may/bch20020603012016.htm

http://www.pcw.co.uk/news/1135223

How does this effect our universe? well he believes that space is in fact composed of infinite pixel like things. each pixel that is switched to an on state is experianced as an atom, and the offs are not experianced at all and seem to be space. and well complexity arises in this universe much like in his program. thats the gist....i will try to find a link.  i actually think the matrix films were somewhat based on his research.

volcomstone

the whole point of the movie is that we create our own matrix (DUH!!)

we don't have to rely on others to enslave us

BECAUSE WE ENSLAVE OURSELVES BY MAINTAINING OUR BELIEF STRUCTURES AND IDEAL'S BASED SOLELY ON WHAT WE "KNOW" OR WHAT WE CAN "LEARN"

we confine ourselves to the reality that we want to.
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

SomeBloke

Anyone belive that we could be living in a Matrix such as portrayed in as the movie??

Well, no I don't.  But having said that, it's a pretty good bet that some kind of virtual reality technology that is indistinguishable from 'reality' will evolve, somewhere, sometime.  People would plug themselves in for fun!  But I bet that if those people could be exploited by the owners of the technology, the ones who have the 'cheat codes', for their own personal ends, they would do it.

I think Matrix 1 & 2 were great action-packed films and as a bonus if it made a wide audience think even for a moment about big questions like the nature of reality that's a really good thing.

TheDarkApprentice

quote:
Originally posted by volcomstone

the whole point of the movie is that we create our own matrix (DUH!!)

we don't have to rely on others to enslave us

BECAUSE WE ENSLAVE OURSELVES BY MAINTAINING OUR BELIEF STRUCTURES AND IDEAL'S BASED SOLELY ON WHAT WE "KNOW" OR WHAT WE CAN "LEARN"

we confine ourselves to the reality that we want to.

Man I wish that the whole world was Open-Minded about anything. Then our reality would be totally different
"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear"
          -Brian Tracy

Wronski Feint

Well, i dont think its exactly like the matirix but...

I think that the rules of nature can be broken. For example gravity, it thinks it in our heads, i mean, im not going to jump off a building becase im not an idiot but yes, i think gravity can be defied. Another thing, speed i think you can be as fast as you want. There is just one problem. You have to believe toatally. You just cant say i beleive and do it you must toatally beleive in it as much as you beleive youre sitting at a computer right now.  So, dont think you can, know you can.
"Come and See"
So I looked, and behold a dark angel.  And the name of him was Life, and Hell fell before him.
And power was given to him over the whole of the earth, to clense with mind, with sword, with light and by the love of the earth.

TheDarkApprentice

Anyone belive that we could be living in a Matrix such as portrayed in as the movie??

I think it is possible but I dont really belive the connections between humans and machines. But some of the other stuff I could see being real
          -Brian Tracy

Adkha

Wronski feint,
nog I don't believe you just have to know to can fly and then just fly.
If it would be possible to fly in this physical level there first must be some connection between this world and a world where you can break rules. Like dreams....

neo's just a lucid dreamer...
Psycho Paradoxical

Wronski Feint

Well, then you must ask yourself, are you awake or are you asleep?  Can you really tell the difference between a lucid dream and reality? What if you realize you are dreaming now could you control your world? Think about it.
"Come and See"
So I looked, and behold a dark angel.  And the name of him was Life, and Hell fell before him.
And power was given to him over the whole of the earth, to clense with mind, with sword, with light and by the love of the earth.

Fyrenze

Funny how the old classics are still useful, huh?

Try reading the Allegory of the Cave, by Plato.
P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

goingslow

Yes, its based on a true story.

Jo'ogn

I had to think that according to my view of the world, mine is the other way round to "the Matrix". The latter maintains the belief of One Objective World in which all is.

I rather believe that each individual carries their "own perceived universe" and exchanges energy which can be integrated in ones world, or not. As one wrote here - it's all in our head and thinking alone does NOT neutralize beliefs - it's the belief in itself that needs to be neutralized to fly, or walk through walls...

But this is very unfamiliar as most humans cling to the idea of "one shared objective world", we are more concerend by desperately trying to make them "the same", instead of accepting our each individual differences.

The concept of a world that only consists of beliefs makes one really powerful, but this again collides with strong "religious beliefs"...