News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The sleeping masses...

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben K

People often ask, "Well if this stuff is for real, how come its not all over the news, and we dont see an "Astral Projection 101" at our schools, etc.

My thinking is, we are all on a different stage of spiritual development, some are more advanced, and perhaps some are at the earlier stages, as in still learning the basics. Perhaps we are all drawn to this subject as just a matter of teaching ourselves and continuing on down our journey.

Some people might be at different stages, learning lessons that some of us have learned in previous incarnations. They would naturally not give a rats *** about this whole subject, they are too busy learning other valuable lessons.

What do you guys think?
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

Dixie

I think that's a very wise assumption, Ben! :)

Another reason might be that our science has yet to explore these areas. Remember - People who thought the world was round were considered crazy in earlier times!

Here's a quote from the movie "What the beep do we know" that sort of talks about this:

QuoteEvery age every generation has its own assumptions, that the world is flat but the world is round etc. There are hundreds of hidden assumptions, that we take for granted, things that may or may not be true of course the vast majority of cases, historically, these things aren't true so presumably if history is any guide, much about what we take for granted about the world simply isn't true. But we are locked into those precepts without even knowing it. That's a modern paradigm."

Perhaps we are the Copernicus-es of our time. Maybe some day little school children will be laughing as they read their history books, wondering why in the world people ever thought that 'physical reality' was all that existed- just as we today chuckle at the thought of people, years ago, being afraid of falling off the edge of the earth.

I also wonder, since we're so interested in this kind of stuff, if we were born spiritually ahead of those who live their whole lives without exploring Astral Projection and the like. I'm thinking this might be possible after reading the AstralVoyage article on the evolution of the soul. (http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/afterlife.html)
'The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers.'
-Brian Greene, The Elegant Universe

Nostic

I think a big reason why so many people are asleep is because it takes a hellova lot of work to get any practical benefits from this sort of thing (AP'ing, energy work etc). It's something that you REALLY have to want and work towards. Combine that with a world that is obsessed with the material, and very few individuals are going to make it out on the other side- at least at this point in time anyway. To get far with AP'ing and the like you're basically going against a huge wave of human consciousness. A noble battle I believe.

Ben K

Good point about the assumptions Dixie.

One has to beg the question then, just how far can we go? Technology-wise, if we build machines that can instantly make us ap, or ANYTHING for that matter, it sort of throws the whole notion that we are here to learn lessons!

For example, if we create a pill that makes you happy 24 hours a day, all day, everyday, whats the point of being here? What lesson could you possibly learn if theres no anger to contrast your happyness, no sadness etc., etc.

This, I believe is what the whole notion of the 2012 theory is all about. Humans are close to discovering so much, that when we get to a point where we know everything, something has to change. It may not be a big change, but I do believe something is bound to happen in the next couple of decades that puts everything into perspective.

Just my thoughts, It might sound a little confusing but Its hard to put it down on paper ;)
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

Dixie

Yeah- if there are no lessons to learn, what is the point of even living? In the ebook Creating Your Reality by Anne Varnes (http://www.astralvoyage.com/ebook/creating-your-reality.html), it mentions how sadness was created to contrast happiness, and how hate was created to contrast love. If we didn't have the 'illusion of separation' so to speak, we wouldn't be able to learn any of the lessons that they offer!

And those pills you were talking about- I believe they already exist in the form of anti-depressants and drugs. :(

Technology, unfortunately, seems to be heading in the wrong direction. Like Nostic said, people today are WAY too obsessed with the material world. Did you know gas is predicted to be at 6 bucks here in a few months? We're destroying ourselves and everything around us for the sake of money and material gain. One million species of both plants and animals are expected to be extinct by the year 2050. I think a change is definately in order, if not already overdue. How far can we go, you asked? In my opinion, the sky is the limit until something is done to change the minds of those currently shrouded by the material.
'The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers.'
-Brian Greene, The Elegant Universe

jilola

Belief has inertia, just like objects do.
The vast vast majority of what we see as our history has been nothing but day to day survival and the ideologies and dogmatic ystems that have been derived from that.
What the people who have glimpsed the reality behind the scenes have is a gnat's fart in a hurricane. Unfortunately.
The current reality can go as far as we choose to take it. Yet it will still be just one expression of what we could experience.

And it is all over the news, it is the news but it takes a bit of effort to see what's really there.

2cents & L&L
jouni