News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Thinking of going vegetarian

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralCody

Hey AP!

A while back... I made a few topics on hunting... and me eating better in general. What it's done to me is amazing. I am eating super foods, and I have never felt better in my life. Let my name a few of them here... I eat apples, with organic peanut butter good stuff! I eat strawberries, carrots, raspberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, celery, broccoli, jalapenos (Which is the only thing that actually helps my sinuses) I just don't eat a lot of them because they are pretty hot but I love em... When I go to subway I load up on all the veggies there and get light mayo etc. Now I do eat eggs, usually in the morning I like to make scrambled eggs but that's about it when it comes to meat. I am learning I can get protein through nuts, and many other things too. I am working out daily now too. But as far as meat goes I think I am going to call it quits and see what happens. I have so many things in my fridge from strawberries... you name it. Lots of fruits and veggies. I get my bread at subway too. I stay away from MSG and preservatives. A lot of people ask me you aren't going to hunt then? (I own lots of hunting rifles etc) I decided I really don't want to go hunting. I have nothing against it if other people want to don't get me wrong! It's just if I am not going to eat meat hunting is pointless to me. Plus, I have grown up a lot and I don't think I could shoot something like an animal. Shooting is just a very fun hobby for me. It relieves my anxiety and hitting a milk jug at 300 yards is just amazing to me. Funniest thing... I wouldn't hurt a fly but my garage looks like a barracks.

A lot of people say well isn't this diet going to get old? It really doesn't... I mean I have ranch dressing (no msg) and shopping at the store is quite fun. There's tons of veggies to choose from and fruits... It makes me feel good knowing I am taking good care of myself too. Meat tends to stick around in my stomach a lot longer and gives me bad reflex as well. I haven't had acid reflex one time since eating better like this. I wouldn't say I am going full vegetarian if I will still consume eggs, and maybe fish or certain seafood once in a blue moon.

I was just curious if anybody could throw me some tips about this if anyone else is a vegetarian, or for the most part is. I drink nothing but water now and do not get sick of it at all. It makes me feel like a million bucks. I used to consume so much soda... My shaking has gone away completely.

Let me know what you think. =D
-Cody  

Volgerle

I'm also drinking only still water without any soda and if it's hot I drink tea or caffeine-free coffee (at home, with caffeine when away).

One tip: If you go for vegetarian entirely, just make sure you get a B12-vitamin supplement, best would be an organic drink, that contains Vitamin B12 in it. You could become enemic if you have a VB12 deficiency. It's in meat but not to be found in vegetarian food (except on the surface but nowadays it is all peeled and washed too thoroughly, so we don't get it naturally by veggies only).

I for example use LaVita which is organic and it is all natural substances extracted from "real" fruits (not synthetic vits), veggies and more. Moreover since I have been taking this stuff (2-3 years) daily, any infection or flu or cold belongs to the past. I did not get sick anymore.

Maybe you find sth similar in your country or maybe you can order there but I doubt they are shipping overseas. I put a few info pages on it in a translator now:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lavita.de%2Fprodukt%2Fzusammensetzung%2F&act=url

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lavita.de%2Fprodukt%2Fnahrwerttabelle%2F&act=url

(It's not vegan btw, but only vegetarian, as it contains the milk of mares which is very healthy and esp. good for the intestines).

Steel Hawk

Google Gerson's Therapy it will facepalm your mind. Unrelated, a low calorie diet combined with fasting and being a vegetarian is about the best thing you can do to cure disease, live longer, and be healthy. It can be very expensive and hard to stick to as I'm finding out. Also juicing.

rain_88

Quote from: Steel Hawk on February 09, 2013, 07:30:30
Google Gerson's Therapy it will facepalm your mind. Unrelated, a low calorie diet combined with fasting and being a vegetarian is about the best thing you can do to cure disease, live longer, and be healthy. It can be very expensive and hard to stick to as I'm finding out. Also juicing.

I don't think that being a vegetarian costs you more. I live on grains, vegetables, fruits and dairy and I couldn't spend less money on food if I wasn't a vegetarian.
Also, I feel more energetic although I sleep for approx. 5 hours a day.
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Dreamshards

Eating meat or not is of course a very personal choice. I personally eat meat, but am surrounded more and more by people who or not. That is completely fine, I think vegetarians intentions are great. It is awesome that people are becoming more aware of the impact they have on the world and how they are treating their bodies. Of course becoming a vegetarian has crossed my mind and I have certain morals about eating meat. I very hesitant about eating animal that is unsustainable or unethical: such as shark's fin or foie gras. I try my hardest not to waste any part of an animal, and I am very strict that my son at least finishes the proteins on his plate. I sound like such a hippie at times but I am constantly telling him "An animal died for your dinner, show some respect and do not waste." Just in the past year I have greatly reduced my intake of heavy ingredients, including meat. I give myself smaller portions of everything in general and have felt so much better. I am not constantly hungry anymore and have saved a great deal of money. It's hard to find meat I want to eat because of the area I live in: I do not want to eat meat that is intensively raised. I come from a traditional Texan family that loves their meat, and that is the main ingredient in our meals, but I could not possibly live on mainly on that. I cherish my greens, and have found an amazing connection to the earth through gardening and picking out ingredients at the local farmers market.

Anyways, I think you are doing a smart thing by listening to what your body wants. Some people have a hard time digesting meat and/or dairy.

Xanth

Quote from: Dreamshards on February 10, 2013, 00:48:33
Eating meat or not is of course a very personal choice. I personally eat meat, but am surrounded more and more by people who or not. That is completely fine, I think vegetarians intentions are great. It is awesome that people are becoming more aware of the impact they have on the world and how they are treating their bodies. Of course becoming a vegetarian has crossed my mind and I have certain morals about eating meat. I very hesitant about eating animal that is unsustainable or unethical: such as shark's fin or foie gras. I try my hardest not to waste any part of an animal, and I am very strict that my son at least finishes the proteins on his plate. I sound like such a hippie at times but I am constantly telling him "An animal died for your dinner, show some respect and do not waste." Just in the past year I have greatly reduced my intake of heavy ingredients, including meat. I give myself smaller portions of everything in general and have felt so much better. I am not constantly hungry anymore and have saved a great deal of money. It's hard to find meat I want to eat because of the area I live in: I do not want to eat meat that is intensively raised. I come from a traditional Texan family that loves their meat, and that is the main ingredient in our meals, but I could not possibly live on mainly on that. I cherish my greens, and have found an amazing connection to the earth through gardening and picking out ingredients at the local farmers market.

Anyways, I think you are doing a smart thing by listening to what your body wants. Some people have a hard time digesting meat and/or dairy.
Dude!

Very nicely put.   :-)

Bedeekin

Do it!

I have turned Pescetarian, so only eat fish as a meat base. Fish is very good for you... we are meant to eat it as humans... well not meant... but it's better for us than red meat is anyhoo.

These days I tend not to eat much fish now though.

Xanth

Quote from: Bedeekin on February 10, 2013, 04:17:07
Do it!

I have turned Pescetarian, so only eat fish as a meat base. Fish is very good for you... we are meant to eat it as humans... well not meant... but it's better for us than red meat is anyhoo.

These days I tend not to eat much fish now though.
I'll be having some Ribs today... and enjoying every second of them.  :D  ;)

Bedeekin

:lol:

Well... you may be good with meat.

I have modified myself subconsciously to reject food that isn't good for me. I still love the thought of meat... problem is.. I simply can't get it past my throat. I get an instant gag reflex.

I'm not complaining though. I feel better now than I did when I was 20.

Astralzombie

I hate to hijack this thread with meat but I love beef, fish (all seafood that is sustainable), goat, chicken and fowl, everything but pork basically. If it has a heart beat and isn't a primate, it lingers near me at it's own peril. I love the organs as well. I need a lot of tic-tacs and breath mints.

Don't get me wrong, I love my vegetables as well but they don't satiate my hunger alone. I come from a family that celebrates every meal. I think it stems from my father's childhood. He came from a family of ten brothers and two sisters. My grandfather was a supposed piece of crap (I loved him and have nothing bad to say about him) but as the second eldest my father had to work when he was very young to support his family when hid dad went on his infidelity excursions. So I think he takes a lot of pride in being able to provide a full table of food. It's why I struggle losing twenty pounds permanently.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Bedeekin

Quote from: its_all_bad on February 10, 2013, 12:13:31
If it has a heart beat and isn't a primate, it lingers near me at it's own peril.

:lol:

You would love a restaurant in Prague called 'Mount Steak'...

http://www.mount-steak.cz/en/articles/menu.html

I went through this menu while working on the film 'Wanted'... I was there for about 8 months.

Zebra was my favourite... and I will say I really loved Crocodile with Ginger.

Astralzombie

I read that menu and you're right. Me loves it.

I think the most unconventional animals from which I received nourishment from are: octopus, rattlesnake, iguana, armadillo, raccoon, and raw hornet larvae. There's more but I don't want people to think I can't be trusted around their pets. And then there is the organs too. This is not my staple diet but when I come across cultures that have a different palate, I embrace it to grow. My stomach does not always agree though.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Bedeekin

The most weird and actually disgusting thing I have ever tried is Kiviaq. It tasted exactly how you would imagine rotting fermented puffins in seal skin to taste... Almost like very salty fishy cheese mixed with the taste of death.  :lol:

Didn't like the rattlesnake... fishy and glasslike and not really worth it.

I love octopus and squid now. Although purely through what I have learned about these amazing molluscs has me wondering whether it's ethical. Their almost identical to human eyeballs are an amazing display of convergent evolution; how 2 species can have completely separate evolutionary paths yet arrive at the same constructed organ. This alone goes a long way into the 'aliens who can travel to earth will probably look like us' theory.

Wow.. talk about divergent evolution.. that was just a display of a divergent thread.