News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

This may seem Blasphemous, but about Robert Monroe...

Previous topic - Next topic

Embodied Words

It's just that during his second two books, he seemed to get kinda full of himself, and maybe even a little... crazy? In his first book he was so much more credible, he seemed way less overly religious, and I wish he had continued to do that.

Any other opinions?
There are in every man, always, two simultaneous allegiances, one to God, the other to Satan. Invocation of God, or Spirituality, is a desire to climb higher, that of Satan, or animality, is delight in descent.

- Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)

MisterJingo

I found the changes interesting. In his first book, Monroe seemed grounded and objective - but as his experiences unfolded, so did his previous world view. Reading about what he experienced first hand, I think it would be hard for anyone in such circumstances not to change in the way he did.
This is something many people don't realise with the whole OBE, energy work, and meditation area. Over time, such experiences will change you.
When I started out, my perception of reality (not just intellectually, but sensory) was radically different to what it is now. I still remain objective, but the techniques employed to induce OBEs* do alter ones 'reality filters' over time, so that after 5-10+ years of such repeated experience, one experiences and sees things very differently.

*I'd say that any technique which requires focused introversion will create these changes too.

Embodied Words

Hmm. I suppose you're right. It really isn't fair for me to judge someone like that when I havn't even managed to get out of body once yet. I wonder if it will change me very radically too? It'll be interesting to find out.
There are in every man, always, two simultaneous allegiances, one to God, the other to Satan. Invocation of God, or Spirituality, is a desire to climb higher, that of Satan, or animality, is delight in descent.

MisterJingo

Hey, You didn't really judge! Your observations are on the whole correct in regards to his radical change :). When you do get to a point where you project regularly, what you find is that projection itself becomes a norm of your world view, rather than this amazing concept you spent so long trying to attain. Other changes come too, these are more subtle and occur over a larger time period.

Old Dood

Robert Monroe change my perspective on OBEs. 
You need to read his books more then once to get the full impact of them.

I also want to read Bruce Moen's books as well and asked for them this Christmas Season.
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

Embodied Words

I'd love to re-read Journeys Out of the Body, but I let my ex-gf borrow it back when we were together, and now she won't give it back! I did manage to sneak Mastering Astral Projection out of her house though, so at least I got that one back. :-P I wonder if she has my quartz stone necklace...?

kiwibonga

I think he handled himself pretty well for someone who found out the secret of life, the universe and everything :p
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Embodied Words