News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

are these vibrations?

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoob

I don't know if I experience vibrations, but after I sit down and expand my mind for a few minutes, if I don't control my body suddenly my limbs begin to shake and move about on their own. Are these vibrations? I can control them but if I don't they just start moving on their own and it can get pretty INTENSE not just lightly moving but literally shaking. I don't know if these are vibrations because I haven't even gone Out Of Body yet.

MisterJingo

Quote from: thenoob on March 27, 2007, 23:47:29
I don't know if I experience vibrations, but after I sit down and expand my mind for a few minutes, if I don't control my body suddenly my limbs begin to shake and move about on their own. Are these vibrations? I can control them but if I don't they just start moving on their own and it can get pretty INTENSE not just lightly moving but literally shaking. I don't know if these are vibrations because I haven't even gone Out Of Body yet.

These are not the classical vibrations. Vibrations cause no physical movement (usually). The 'vibrations' are more like a huge electric current running through every cell of your body, every cell hums with increased intensity as your ears and head roar with what sounds like a vast waterfall. Intensity can vary, but they are unmistakable (and perhaps vary slight from person to person).
It might be worth getting a health check-up as what you mention above and your other thread about depersonalisation might warrant looking into. It's always best to err on the side of caution.
Years ago I went through a period where the vibrations would cause intense jaw pressure (almost pain) and because this can be an indicator of a heart problem, I had an ECG to check it out - everything turned out fine.
Health should always come first, especially as effects from OBEs could possibly mask real symptoms (buzzes, vibrations etc).

andonitxo

Quote from: thenoob on March 27, 2007, 23:47:29

What a coincidence! I had such vibrations time ago. I got to such a relax state that my body started to microshake. This happened to me time ago and it has not repeated again.

Anyway, those aren't the so called vibrations. The second ones are like an inner vibrational state, I mean, your body is completely relaxed and quiet while you feel vibrating yourself really strongly. The feeling is completely different, and you'll notice it once you've attained the inner ones.

I felt them once because I got half awakened by chance while my brain was in that state. So I "awakened" in the middle of a vibrational state, and I thought: awesome! But I got excited and I exited the state.

Anyway I've always been curious about the other vibs and their origin.

MilitiaMan

As said above, no those are not the vibrations you want. I have experienced those too though, but only once. I was in a really uncomfortable position though, so that might have caused it.

People tell you that it feels like an electric current going through your body, but I realized... how many people get electrocuted often enough to remember what it feels like?

I don't suggest sticking a fork in a light socket to get the feeling, but there are some safe ways to get an electricity feeling. If you have a prank/joke shop around town there is a game where 4 players hold on to this remote with a button on it. When the light in the middle console turns red, you have to hit your button first, or you get shocked. If you really want to know what it could feel like, go play that game in the store, and place the remote on different parts of your body for the effect. You will look very strange, but it would work!

The vibrations can be a bit... intense, and you may feel like you are going to get hurt if you continue, but I have never been hurt by them, in fact I have grown to like them. Once you are used to their feeling you can control the frequency of them, slow down, speed up... If you speed them up enough they turn into just this warm sensation all around your body, and you may begin to see light through your closed eyes.

It's an interesting feeling to say the least.