News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Tom Campbell Afterlife Thoughts? Psychic Mediums

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsZM

I was curious as to what people think about Tom Campbell's theory on the afterlife and what he says about psychic mediums.. and how they are just tuning into the larger consciousness system and that they really aren't communicating with the "being" that whoever it is you wish to hear from etc. I have a couple examples of a reading that mom got. A lot of spirits came through and the reading was so accurate that it blew my mind. So nothing against Tom at all... but he makes it seem like that when a loved one dies they basically move on and aren't connected to you whatsoever anymore. I do understand that when someone dies they probably move on and do their own thing and live other lives etc... but part of me wonders if them or their "higher self" or spirit whatever you want to call it still help out their loved ones. It's just very hard for me to think that when a loved one does pass away you're never gonna see them again. Tom has said many times in the afterlife if your loved ones approach you it's not even them. It's just the larger consciousness system giving you comfort. That SUCKS. Especially if you have thoughts about this and sense it may even be possible... So they're just gone? I know they aren't the avatar they were here anymore and that they are an energy that can be anything and do anything but I'd really like someone to say that I'm misunderstanding Tom because they makes me very sad.

My grandpa died in 2009. So who knows what he's doing now. Apparently nothing because Tom makes it sound like he's just a part of the larger consciousness system now almost like a hologram just to give you comfort. During the reading he came through and told my mom things like "don't sell anymore of my guns those are so important to me and I want them to be handed down in the family" Now why would the larger consciousness system care what we do with his guns if he doesn't even exist anymore? There were so many more examples of what he said that made it really sound like it's definitley his spirit. My mom recently had neck surgery and got a bone from someone who died and donated a bone for people like my mom with that specific surgery. HE even shows up in the reading appearing as what he was here in this life and the medium said he was curious who ended up getting his bone. And that he was very happy it's someone as sweet as my mom. Is that too just the larger consciousness system giving comfort or making it seem like they are still there?

There are so many more expanples I can give in the reading but there were so many cool and accurate things said... I know that these beings are not the avatar they were here... gender... appearance and stuff like that but I always thought spirits can shape into what makes the person feel comfortable etc and that the energy or being (spirit) they were and memories are what still exists.

For example if a loved ones passes away and then I die 40 years later and see them again like shift consciousness to where they are.... maybe they are living life as an alien or something? But I could say hey! It's me!" And that hopefully whatever they are now would embrace me with a hug even though it has a totally different life form than what that energy had on this earth etc... and I realize beings may change a bit over time obviously but it's still "them" at the core. Their beliefs and their memories and spirit etc..." and that exists forever.

Am I right on this and just not understanding Tom? Or when someone does die is it bye bye forever? Thanks everyone. It sucks because I love everything Tom says and it makes so much sense but this brings me sadness to know I could never see them again and if I do it's just the larger consciousness system making me feel better...
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area

LightBeam

Trust your instinct and don't let anyone s theories upset you. No one can make an absolute statement about life after death. Not even those of us who AP. That is because we AP but are still connected to the physical body, therefore no one truly knows what happens. What Tom says us just his theory. I am not sure on what basis does he have this believe. From my own perspective and experiences I am leaning more towards the theory that we exist simultaneously in so many levels and realities, and that time is not a factor in the multiverse. The spirit even dressed into personalities can never disappear unwillingly and melt into a pot of consciousness. It is the desire of a spirit what they want to expeience after certain physical personality s vehicle disables. The spirit remains with its personality as long as they wish. I am not sure if Tom has ability and has ever experiences the NP fully, not just meditating and thinking that he is connected to something. Those who have experienced full A Ps will mostly not agree with him. The multiverse is so rich, diverse,full with all kinds of worlds, beings in spirit expressing personalities. Personalities are not expressed just in physical like realities. I have validated not only things in the physical reality through APs like Aping with my sister and she recalling the experience exactly but in a form of a dream, or seeing things I have never seen before and later verifying that they indeed are the same way I saw them while APing. But I have also met my father and other loved ones who have told me things happening now in the physical, giving me advice that later turned out to be the way they told me it will happen in my near future. That can't be just a holograms of them or stored data. I haven't heard more strange theory like this one. Consiouness has reason, it is not like a machne. I have also been to a medium and she wanted me to not say a word, just think of three spirits to come through and just say yes or no as she was relating information from them. Everything came so accurate that I was surprised because I didn't know if she was a true medium. She really was. She never once said anything general, only specifics, like my dad wanted me to remember our trips to the coast with our orange car. How in the world did she guess that we had an orange color car. Another elderly lady neighbor came through and she told me that she appreciated the dinners I made for her family and was glad that I was enjoying the book she gave me. She also said how much fun she had when we played with her friend s little dog. All that was true, But if the medium was accessing stored data if you will, then how this past data will know that currently I am enjoying the book that she gave me. All that and endless accounts from all over the world about lingering spirits,etc just can't support the theory that everything melts after physical death and all info is like a database storage. I am not saying that I am absolutely right, but if you present a theory you have to have at least some supporting evidence.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Hi MarsZM, first let me say I am not the most familiar with Tom Campbell or any of the other what(?) leaders in this field. That's because 1) I reckon I never paid attention to this stuff and 2) now I am paying attention I don't want my own experiences colored too much by what I should be doing or thinking. The more I pay attention the more I find I don't need their answers as I have my own.

Having said all that and though I know you want responses from those more familiar with Tom I would still like to comment. You've raised some very good points.

I think what we see here, in the physical is only a small part of us. Dying releases that part of us that is attached to our bodies. It doesn't change who we are, it only allows that part of us to reintegrate more fully with the rest of who we are. So when you/we are so fortunate as to receive a visit from our loved ones on the other side it is only the part of them we can recognize. This is not them in their entirety. What we get the privilege of interacting with is similar to only a shadow of them but isn't it great! Not because that is all they are just that it is all we can perceive at this point in time. The rest of who they are is doing exactly the same as the rest of who we are who are still living. Perhaps that portion has indeed returned to over all consciousness or what ever one wants to call it or may that portion is off living another life. I've no idea but I do know we can limit ourselves to only the way we see things from here.

We are essentially blind to the larger picture so for me that is not something I can worry about. The validations you received from the reading are just that - validations. Take them with all the wonder and beauty of a fascinating world. So the bigger question is this - What do you think?

I really hope this helps and perhaps some others more familiar with TC with give their opinions as well.

Hugs

EDT: I see LightBeam was posting as I was typing. :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Xanth

Think about it like this... it might help.

Consciousness.

That's what everything *IS*.  You, me, everything and everyone is part of a SINGULAR WHOLE called "CONSCIOUSNESS".

Because you are consciousness, you have direct access to everything that is, has been or (within realm of chance) everything that will be.

Ok, so now... please understand that what I say after this is *MY* belief.  To me it's not a belief, but to you is has to be taken as such because it's not YOUR experience.  So take what I say with a grain of salt:

When a loved one dies, they return to the pool of consciousness.  What you interact with when you project is essentially a belief construct of yours of how that person was (or should) be.

You're not actually interacting with them, but it's honestly the next best thing as it's still part of consciousness and that means it still should act and react as that individual would have acted anyway, so what's the difference then?  Nothing.  :)

baro-san

How could you know which one, of the so many widely different experiences so many honest people describe, is true? You can't. I tend to believe the least those who make money from that, although there might be honest people among those too.

We can't even trust our own experiences ...

Anyway, every time when I had a life between lives regression, at the moment of death I felt like waking up from a dream to a different self than me, exactly as one feels when they wake up from their dreams. All I was thinking before death was fading out, seemed unimportant, and my mind was returning to a different me, I have temporarily forgotten of.

I haven't experienced almost anything that others describe, but I believe that, generally, they honestly describe what they've experienced.

Regarding the parallel universes and holographic universes, I believe that many people's talk is hearsay, or rationalizations. I read almost no such theory that seemed believable to me. Even Seth's teachings on the subject seem either confusing or way over the top of my head.

I believe there is no time and space in the non-physical, but I don't believe there are parallel universes that split all the time based on all the possible paths we choose to follow in life. There is no time and space in the non-physical in the sense that we can focus instantaneously anywhere in time and space.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Phildan1

Quote from: baro-san on October 22, 2018, 05:29:27
How could you know which one, of the so many widely different experiences so many honest people describe, is true? You can't. I tend to believe the least those who make money from that, although there might be honest people among those too.

We can't even trust our own experiences ...

Anyway, every time when I had a life between lives regression, at the moment of death I felt like waking up from a dream to a different self than me, exactly as one feels when they wake up from their dreams. All I was thinking before death was fading out, seemed unimportant, and my mind was returning to a different me, I have temporarily forgotten of.

I haven't experienced almost anything that others describe, but I believe that, generally, they honestly describe what they've experienced.

Regarding the parallel universes and holographic universes, I believe that many people's talk is hearsay, or rationalizations. I read almost no such theory that seemed believable to me. Even Seth's teachings on the subject seem either confusing or way over the top of my head.

I believe there is no time and space in the non-physical, but I don't believe there are parallel universes that split all the time based on all the possible paths we choose to follow in life. There is no time and space in the non-physical in the sense that we can focus instantaneously anywhere in time and space.

The best option is just read of hear from these people passively and make their "truth" float in your mind but don't accept it because it will lead to confusion like validating their model or theories. All of them are in their own truth trap in my opinion and everybody is right and wrong the same time. Multidimensional life is multidimensional lol. Very confusing thing if you start to take the pieces... Campbell is a mad scientist (as I call it) with data and entropy madness so he is just one guy. Chances are btw you can't know all but enough for a while. If you are not basically a believer, you can save yourself believing because it is something you didn't prove yourself yet. Others theories and big "truths" can be just pointers or foundations to make your own and stick to that. You experienced it, maybe others' are pointless or useless because you see the whole game differently. I would advice this for others too instead of clinging to others and parroting their truth. Sorry, no debates here.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

MarsZM

Thanks for the replies everybody!

Xanth- I understand what you are saying but I don't know to me that's definitely not the next best thing especially if you're aware it's just basically a hologram or what not. I could see how this may be great for someone who is unaware of this... but if you know it's not really even "them" to me that would seem really awful. :/   Now to me I always wonder... Do these beings have a mind of their own? Do they think? Do they love lives outside of mine? I'd like to think so... I've had many OBES where I will interact with a friend in the astral or whatever similar to a comment above!

Then will wake up back here and they sure enough will message me and say hey I had a dream and we did this... and it's exactly what happened... and to me that tells me there is another being outside of myself that is in control of its own thoughts and actions etc...

I do realize we are all a part of the same consciousness that is all but something tells me from experience that these other "sparks" of consciousness think their own thoughts and really do exist outside of "my perspective" Like we could both look at eachother and say "hey we are the same being... but I can have my own thoughts and you can have your own too!" I realize it's all connected... That's what is so beautiful because you can instantly see anybody no matter the distance or whatever... I hope that made sense. By the way I respect your belief Xanth and who knows! I'm just having a very hard time accepting the fact that a loved one I see is really just a hologram that basically I'm creating and they are long gone. To me that's so disempowering but who knows...I've also heard Tom say in other interviews that "those beings still exist and are living" so I was like wait a sec... I thought he said they were just data and only showed up when you intended them to show up?! But he clearly said they were still around living their own lives. I wish I could find that again.... Thanks for the reply though man.

And thanks everybody for taking time to write down what you thought. This stuff always fascinates me and I've always loved these forums. I'm still around.... I just lurk a lot. :)

I gotta be honest though again nothing against Tom... but the "reincarnate back here to learn and grow earth school" theory always rubs me the wrong way. Out of all of the realities out there why come back to one that's controlled and dominated? To live life as a trash man... to learn and grow? Lol. I'm sorry but I'll be in my spaceship cruising the stars! I'll learn and grow other ways. How many times do we have to learn courage for god sake??? I think we have all been hoodwinked... something just isn't right. Most people on this planet are miserable. So come back over and over again? No thanks!

Xanth

You're caught up on this concept of a "hologram".  You're caught up in what you believe is "real" vs what is "not real".
Well, "real" is simply whatever you can experience.  If you experience something, then it is real.

You're too worried about the medium of the message and not really putting any consideration towards the actual message itself.

The message from a "hologram" is just as important as a message from a "real" person as long as that information is beneficial to you in some way.

I'm attempting to have you consider things from a different perspective as I feel you're on the verge of tying this all together.

Volgerle

Quote from: MarsZM on October 22, 2018, 03:31:32
Tom has said many times in the afterlife if your loved ones approach you it's not even them. It's just the larger consciousness system giving you comfort. That SUCKS.
I remember him also saying they just don't come that often to you because they have a lot of other things to do such as processing their just ended life (review, etc.) and preparing for another life experience package. So this is a slightly other version of it than just saying it is just the LCS computer thingy, etc.

I think we cannot solve this problem at all. It might be them or not or in some cases yes/no. I personally believe in the most cases it is actually them because LOVE is the factor here. Love between e.g. children and parents is expressed here and carries on in the afterlife. Of course it is the love of the 'other soul' (IUOC as Campbell calls it). But they as Higher Self or still as the individuated soul of that life want to reassure you and help you in your grief because of LOVE. I certainly would want to. But what do we know. Maybe physical life is like a dream and then you wake up and everything is back to normal what you really "are" and you do not care that much about the ones you left behind because you KNOW for shure they will be fine and one day 'wake up' just like you do and you can reunite then.

I like a lot of what TC says and writes but I do not swallow every thing he says or claims he found out, after all he's only a researcher of consciousness like everyone of us here is too. Imv he is also often too literal with his 'digital reality' thing and for me it is more metaphorical. Reality is certainly also 'computational' but that is not to be taken as sth literal and compare it to what 'digital' means in our world.

Phildan1

Why should loved ones have better things to do in a timeless world? They have free will, they can still decide to help us if we need it. Tom has some serious beliefs going on. He looks at everything like a scientist as datas and entropy. Somebody in a funny way I hope will look at him as a data too lol from another perspective. I can't count this man how many times confused me with his truths. Sure, many stuffs are common with others' experiences but he has his own agenda. I would say others, just find out for yourself and that's the best to do. In the end we may crash on our face lol but we tried.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

baro-san

Quote from: Volgerle on October 24, 2018, 16:27:17

... Maybe physical life is like a dream and then you wake up and everything is back to normal what you really "are" and you do not care that much about the ones you left behind because you KNOW for shure they will be fine and one day 'wake up' just like you do and you can reunite then. ...

Bingo!  :-)
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

baro-san

Quote from: Phildan1 on October 24, 2018, 21:52:57

...  I would say others, just find out for yourself and that's the best to do. ...

Bingo!  :-)
---
- Sir Francis Bacon

MarsZM

Quote from: Phildan1 on October 24, 2018, 21:52:57
Why should loved ones have better things to do in a timeless world? They have free will, they can still decide to help us if we need it. Tom has some serious beliefs going on. He looks at everything like a scientist as datas and entropy. Somebody in a funny way I hope will look at him as a data too lol from another perspective. I can't count this man how many times confused me with his truths. Sure, many stuffs are common with others' experiences but he has his own agenda. I would say others, just find out for yourself and that's the best to do. In the end we may crash on our face lol but we tried.

I love all these replies! I don't know why but this talk reminded me of this... This will be us in the afterlife trying to figure it all out lol. https://youtu.be/gC7VvfDjr_k

Nameless

Quote from: MarsZM on October 25, 2018, 01:46:20
I love all these replies! I don't know why but this talk reminded me of this... This will be us in the afterlife trying to figure it all out lol. https://youtu.be/gC7VvfDjr_k

No S hit!! You are so right, er..,, maybe!!! lOL
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

MarsZM

Quote from: Nameless on October 25, 2018, 19:18:04
No S hit!! You are so right, er..,, maybe!!! lOL

LOL I thought that fit for some reason. xD
Btw, nameless and everybody else I had a name change but it's phaseshiftR!

Nameless

desert-rat

If I understand Tom Campbell as he is perty deep and some times hard to follow , that all consciousness is like the code on a computer  some where  . That it is a simulated universe .  I dont know that I agree with him , but I dont know that I fully understand him either .  He is interesting to watch , he has a whole bunch of videos on you tube .  I use a extension  program that lets me down load you tube videos with opera , , savefrom.net     Then watch them on my big t.v. ( not my big t.o.e.)
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tom+campbell

catsquotl

ALL is consciousness is not new to this world as a concept.
The first words in the dhamapada.(arguably the main compendium of the buddhist teachings) starts with:
QuoteMind  precedes  all  mental  states.  Mind  is  their chief;  they  are  all  mind -wrought.

The kybalion starts with:
Quote"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental."
and the bible of course says that:
QuoteIn the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Now freely translated mind, word and god can be thought of as consciousness.

now this is where it gets tricky. Does mind or word make an abstraction of something real and can consciousness only know the abstraction?
or is there something more real on the outside of that abstraction.

in other words.
Where can I become conscious of anything if it is outside of my consciousnes?

Do I love my children or do I love what I percieve my children to be.
Do I love my wife or just what I pecieve as my wife.

Anyway just some happy thoughts to ponder when discussing any theory of everything (erm consciousness)

With Love
Eelco
Lets keep the light on

catsquotl

Quote from: MarsZM on October 22, 2018, 03:31:32
That SUCKS. Especially if you have thoughts about this and sense it may even be possible... So they're just gone? I know they aren't the avatar they were here anymore and that they are an energy that can be anything and do anything but I'd really like someone to say that I'm misunderstanding Tom because they makes me very sad.

My grandpa died in 2009. So who knows what he's doing now. Apparently nothing because Tom makes it sound like he's just a part of the larger consciousness system now almost like a hologram just to give you comfort. During the reading he came through and told my mom things like "don't sell anymore of my guns those are so important to me and I want them to be handed down in the family" Now why would the larger consciousness system care what we do with his guns if he doesn't even exist anymore? There were so many more examples of what he said that made it really sound like it's definitley his spirit. My mom recently had neck surgery and got a bone from someone who died and donated a bone for people like my mom with that specific surgery. HE even shows up in the reading appearing as what he was here in this life and the medium said he was curious who ended up getting his bone. And that he was very happy it's someone as sweet as my mom. Is that too just the larger consciousness system giving comfort or making it seem like they are still there?

I wish I could tell you you are misunderstanding Tom.
I can tell you this though. There's more explanations out there than Tom's big toe is telling him.
I think that the way you think about the afterlife is as difficult for Tom to come to terms with as the explanation of his version of the afterlife sounds to you.
I'd like to think that there are as many ways to experience the afterlife as there are ways to think about them.. None of them better or worse than the other. Just different.

With Love
Eelco
Lets keep the light on

desert-rat

Tom does believe in reincarnation , the peice of code in put in to a new body to have a new life .  A small amount of info is left behind for a medium to find and to give to caring reltives .  I just have a hard time thinking of my self , ever one and ever thing I know as code on a computer .  I will still enjoy watching his videos , as he makes me think .   Another guy on you tube uses Nortic rituals , and Vedic astrogoly , ect.  Not my thing , but again interesting . 

catsquotl

Quote from: desert-rat on December 18, 2018, 12:26:36
Tom does believe in reincarnation , the peice of code in put in to a new body to have a new life .  A small amount of info is left behind for a medium to find and to give to caring reltives .  I just have a hard time thinking of my self , ever one and ever thing I know as code on a computer .
Me too,

Now I'm not a scientist, but have thought long and hard about reincarnation and life after death.
As far as encountering previous lives are concerned.
I don't think they count as parts of our Self. I think it's more of a stored memory of the life someone had when he/she left an intention or his/her body which somehow became the fabric of what I am now.
As receivers and matter this body/mind called eelco is made up of matter and thoughts that have been recycled. previous life experiences are some kind of first person view record of the history of my parts..

Does that make sense?
With Love
Eelco
Lets keep the light on

desert-rat

I also believe is reincarnation . I dont know exactly where the memory is stored .  I see it as having an effect on our curent lives .  One example is that used by D ick Sutphen in one of his books . Sutphen regressed a person with an eating problem ( dont remember if they were too fat or skinny ) back to a past life where they were a member of the Donner party where they turned to cannibalism to stay alive .   Reincarnation works fine with my vision of the universe , I dont see why it works in Campbell s v.r. universe . 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party
https://www.dicksutphen.com

Windwalker.

Quote from: Xanth on October 22, 2018, 05:00:58
Think about it like this... it might help.

Consciousness.

That's what everything *IS*.  You, me, everything and everyone is part of a SINGULAR WHOLE called "CONSCIOUSNESS".

Because you are consciousness, you have direct access to everything that is, has been or (within realm of chance) everything that will be.

Ok, so now... please understand that what I say after this is *MY* belief.  To me it's not a belief, but to you is has to be taken as such because it's not YOUR experience.  So take what I say with a grain of salt:

When a loved one dies, they return to the pool of consciousness.  What you interact with when you project is essentially a belief construct of yours of how that person was (or should) be.

You're not actually interacting with them, but it's honestly the next best thing as it's still part of consciousness and that means it still should act and react as that individual would have acted anyway, so what's the difference then?  Nothing.  :)

I know this could get super deep really quick but it is my belief that there is more to "us" then just consciousness and that consciousness is simply an attribute of the soul. I believe our core beings have aspects that we can only speculate aboit while focused in physical reality unless one is able to merge with his inner senses. Again....my opinion. Is creativity conscious?

Xanth

Quote from: Windwalker. on December 22, 2018, 22:01:39
I know this could get super deep really quick but it is my belief that there is more to "us" then just consciousness and that consciousness is simply an attribute of the soul. I believe our core beings have aspects that we can only speculate aboit while focused in physical reality unless one is able to merge with his inner senses. Again....my opinion. Is creativity conscious?
I mean this...
Think of "consciousness" as an ocean... everything that is, was or ever will be within our physical reality and ALL realities is dished out from this ocean.
That is consciousness.