News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Top 2012 Theories that come close to making sense

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizelle

Last time I checked, "Elenin" was not a Russian name...

Stillwater

QuoteCalifornia, Michigan and Nevada have the worst unemployment while Texas is near average;
http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Yes, Texas is near the middle in terms of total rates (8.7 % or so compared to 9% or so nationally), but they are experiencing record losses, and are in a 25-year-low based on what their numbers have been historically.

QuoteThey actually have one of the Strongest medical situations. (The states with so called "better" plans are going bankrupt -- at which point the citizens can brag about the great plan that they had when it completely went under).

But it depends on who you compare them to. I am not using states like Massachesetts as an example, which although they have near universal mandate, clearly have a program they can't sustain. But Texas is looking at 20% uninsured rate. That is a massive number of people who have their needs not being served.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Xanth

Rudolph

Quote from: Stillwater on September 25, 2011, 12:02:50
Yes, Texas is near the middle in terms of total rates (8.7 % or so compared to 9% or so nationally), but they are experiencing record losses, and are in a 25-year-low based on what their numbers have been historically.

wow... so you can't even admit your huge error and blatant falsehood?! You parroted the pure Leftist deception as "They also have by far one of the highest rates of unemployment" and it wasn't even a little bit true, not by any stretch... and when challenged you can't just man up and admit the error. Of course there are losses in the middle of a recession and a tyrannical Chief Executive is shutting down a large portion of your primary industry by executive order... what a shock....  :roll:

QuoteBut it depends on who you compare them to. I am not using states like Massachesetts as an example, which although they have near universal mandate, clearly have a program they can't sustain. But Texas is looking at 20% uninsured rate. That is a massive number of people who have their needs not being served.

!?  "their needs not being served" !?

That sounds like the typical arrogant presumptuousness that I hear from the Leftist Liberals on an unceasing basis. Just *who* do people think they are to pretend to know how to serve the *needs* of people they have never met? I lived in Texas many years and I do not think I ever met a Texan who thought his *needs* were not being served. You do realize, don't you, that across the country there are many people who choose not to buy health insurance because they would rather spend their own money on something else. But Leftist Liberals and Progressives and the hordes of mini-tyrants that vote to force their fellow citizens to "choose" the way tyrants think best, won't allow that sort of FREEDOM. The tyrannical LEFT will likely next be making it unlawful to point out Leftist DECEPTION.

Not having medical insurance does not mean a person can't still get medical treatment and quality care. A friend of mine has no insurance and a few months ago he broke his hand in a fall. It cost him $174 to see a doctor and get x-rays and a cast put on by a nurse. He has a health condition that requires daily medication which he pays $9 for every three months at Walmart. He likes his present health care arrangement just fine.

The Tyrannical Left is Pure Deception.
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

Xanth

Go elsewhere if you wish to talk politics please.  LOL

Stillwater

Quotewow... so you can't even admit your huge error and blatant falsehood?! You parroted the pure Leftist deception as "They also have by far one of the highest rates of unemployment" and it wasn't even a little bit true, not by any stretch... and when challenged you can't just man up and admit the error. Of course there are losses in the middle of a recession and a tyrannical Chief Executive is shutting down a large portion of your primary industry by executive order... what a shock.... 

You are right about that, I did make a pretty big error in that regard. I knew that Texas had an unemployment issue, and I assumed it would be regarding total rates (while the reality is that it is regarding rates of decline and jobloss, rather than raw totals). So while there is an unemployment issue, it is as you said, not a question of total unemployment, as Texas is midling in that regard.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Orion-

Quote from: Rudolph on September 25, 2011, 22:29:47
wow... so you can't even admit your huge error and blatant falsehood?! You parroted the pure Leftist deception as "They also have by far one of the highest rates of unemployment" and it wasn't even a little bit true, not by any stretch... and when challenged you can't just man up and admit the error. Of course there are losses in the middle of a recession and a tyrannical Chief Executive is shutting down a large portion of your primary industry by executive order... what a shock....  :roll:

!?  "their needs not being served" !?

That sounds like the typical arrogant presumptuousness that I hear from the Leftist Liberals on an unceasing basis. Just *who* do people think they are to pretend to know how to serve the *needs* of people they have never met? I lived in Texas many years and I do not think I ever met a Texan who thought his *needs* were not being served. You do realize, don't you, that across the country there are many people who choose not to buy health insurance because they would rather spend their own money on something else. But Leftist Liberals and Progressives and the hordes of mini-tyrants that vote to force their fellow citizens to "choose" the way tyrants think best, won't allow that sort of FREEDOM. The tyrannical LEFT will likely next be making it unlawful to point out Leftist DECEPTION.

Not having medical insurance does not mean a person can't still get medical treatment and quality care. A friend of mine has no insurance and a few months ago he broke his hand in a fall. It cost him $174 to see a doctor and get x-rays and a cast put on by a nurse. He has a health condition that requires daily medication which he pays $9 for every three months at Walmart. He likes his present health care arrangement just fine.

The Tyrannical Left is Pure Deception.

You might want to consider that the official "unemployment rate" only counts for the people who are structurally unemployed. A recent study showed 20%+ of people are unemployed in america, this includes those other groups. However, this whole "jobs issue" is nonsense. We should not want people to work, if free time has any value. People not working means being more efficient, however our economy wishes to grow infinitely which means we must produce more and more and more to have people working, while jobs are being shipped to china and robots replace people. The jobs WILL NOT come back, and this has a reason. People are held hostage by the economic system and by the way society judges unemployed people, and the view on this needs to change because again, the jobs will not come back.

Corporations being in control of things like water and medical care is unacceptable. Those are things everyone needs. How can you trust a corporation with this, if these are mandatory services? The government wishes to provide the service, corporation wants to use the people and service as a tool to make more profit every day. Have you ever read anything about people dying because they can't afford insurance? Your example might be something that really happened, but people dying or paying too much also happens a lot. Government is clearly the best option here.

Instead of using labels like "tyrannical left", or using stupid hyperboles like "pure deception", or implying that people lose their freedom if they help each other out a bit, why not engage in a discussion instead of accusing and shouting? Change your attitude, use more real content in your posts.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

To light one candle is more effective than cursing the darkness.

blis

It's my experience that you cant reason with such people when it comes to politics. They've got their point of view and thats the way things are. They will engage in debate but only for the purpose of proving you wrong.

Please take no offense Rudolf, my best friend is one such person. And of course I could have read you totally wrongly.

Rudolph

Quote from: blis on September 27, 2011, 18:16:49
It's my experience that you cant reason with such people when it comes to politics. They've got their point of view and thats the way things are. They will engage in debate but only for the purpose of proving you wrong.

Please take no offense Rudolf, my best friend is one such person. And of course I could have read you totally wrongly.

No offense taken, Blis. Most of my friends and family feel the same way you do. I understand.

Yet still, I respectfully disagree. I think Political dialogue is more important now than it has ever been in my entire lifetime. The deceptive and destructive force that has usurped power in the Democrat Party is unlike any outer Force that American citizens have had to deal with since the time of the War Between the States, imho.

My purpose in such debates is not 'only' for the purpose of proving that the Left is wrong, but to provide facts and logic clearly presented for those sitting on the fence and sincerely seeking the data that will show just how undeniably false and destructive the Left is. These truths serve a very useful purpose for many outside the USA as well.

In this application, facts and logic are tools that reveal DEEPLY SPIRITUAL Truths that are especially relevant as 2012 approaches.

:-)

Rudolph

Quote from: Orion- on September 27, 2011, 17:22:46
You might want to consider that the official "unemployment rate" only counts for the people who are structurally unemployed. A recent study showed 20%+ of people are unemployed in america, this includes those other groups. However, this whole "jobs issue" is nonsense. We should not want people to work, if free time has any value. People not working means being more efficient, however our economy wishes to grow infinitely which means we must produce more and more and more to have people working, while jobs are being shipped to china and robots replace people. The jobs WILL NOT come back, and this has a reason. People are held hostage by the economic system and by the way society judges unemployed people, and the view on this needs to change because again, the jobs will not come back.

Yes Orion, much of what you say is true. The official U3 number is about 9.2% while the government's own U6 number is more like 17% and the unofficial number from independent business groups is about 23%.

Interesting data site;
http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

I am not so sure that I agree with your opinion on the need to work and "free time". Young people do a lot of damage to themselves on weekends and I wonder if they do not enjoy just a smidgin too much free time.

QuoteCorporations being in control of things like water and medical care is unacceptable. Those are things everyone needs. How can you trust a corporation with this, if these are mandatory services? The government wishes to provide the service, corporation wants to use the people and service as a tool to make more profit every day.

I trust corporations wayyyy more than I do the government. The smaller and more recently incorporated the corporation, the better... in general. (I have covered this in prior posts). The corporation is not the problem... a corporation with unnatural long life and the POWER that such long life affords is unnatural and dangerous. Please remember, corporations are made up of people.

The government is a necessary evil with a proper function especially in the arena of defense and law enforcement. Beyond that it is an abomination. The bigger the government the smaller the citizen. In a sense, the government is just another giant, corrupt and rotten to the core corporation.

QuoteHave you ever read anything about people dying because they can't afford insurance? Your example might be something that really happened, but people dying or paying too much also happens a lot. Government is clearly the best option here.

I disagree. Government is clearly and obviously a horrible option with a history of failure here. Yes I have read of people without insurance dying but the claim that they died because they could not afford insurance is simply an often repeated LIE, imo. It is total bull pucky for the most part. My example however is very real and true and honest and happens probably hundreds of times every day across this country. When I grew up group health plans were unheard of and people still got good health care. Government involvment continually makes the whole health mess progressively worse, as far as I have seen. And I suspect that I have seen a lot more than you have.

QuoteInstead of using labels like "tyrannical left", or using stupid hyperboles like "pure deception", or implying that people lose their freedom if they help each other out a bit, why not engage in a discussion instead of accusing and shouting? Change your attitude, use more real content in your posts.

If you don't mind I think I will continue using the label "Left" to identify the "Left", because I am sane and intelligent and I recognize the simple value of such valid labels.

Where was I shouting?

I also reserve the right to attach the adjective "tyrannical" when I am describing tyrannical behavior of the Left. It is not stupid and it is not hyperbole.

My attitude is my business, Orion, and you are way out of your place even pretending to be in a position to tell me what it should or should not be...so you can stow that suggestion, thank you very much.

Xanth

Quote from: Rudolph on September 27, 2011, 20:37:30
My attitude is my business, Orion, and you are way out of your place even pretending to be in a position to tell me what it should or should not be...so you can stow that suggestion, thank you very much.
But if your attitude sucks too much and too often, we can... AND WILL... ask you to leave the forums.

Just be nice... we're all friends here.

Ident

goatrance

Orion-

So rudolph, the corporations with power and huge lifetimes are the problem? But then how would things like the water supply and medical insurance be arranged? Can you have a small corporation that deals with those kind of things? I doubt it, they always grow to become big multinationals.

Corporations are not people. Sure, if we make a new company that builds houses and work with a few friends, then I would call our company a company of people. When we have those huge corporations that rule the world, they are no longer people. They are sociopaths that will do anything to get more profit, which includes killing people if they can get away with it. Maybe 90% of corporate wealth is in control of those huge corporations. Banks, insurance, water supply, electricity. They are the sociopaths who destroy, brainwash, corrupt politicians and kill. They always become bigger and bigger until they have monopolies, how are you ever going to stop this?

I have every right to talk about your attitude if I think (and many others as well) that it is not really optimal.

Also a few years our health insurance was privatized. Within a few years the prices skyrocketed. It's now 4x more expensive than before, not joking.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

To light one candle is more effective than cursing the darkness.

Xanth

Since this has gone massively off-topic... I'll let it float for now, but it'll be in the astral chat section.  :)

Stookie_

Why can't we all just agree on everything all the time? Certainly one side is completely right and the other completely wrong. It's so cut and dry.

GodsProxy

My contacts upstairs say 2012 is too early. We have a date of Feb 2014. Unless we need to sort out the problems on this planet first, in which case we will be kicking our heals here for much longer.

Rudolph

Quote from: Orion- on September 28, 2011, 10:26:33
So rudolph, the corporations with power and huge lifetimes are the problem? But then how would things like the water supply and medical insurance be arranged? Can you have a small corporation that deals with those kind of things? I doubt it, they always grow to become big multinationals.

Corporations are not people. Sure, if we make a new company that builds houses and work with a few friends, then I would call our company a company of people. When we have those huge corporations that rule the world, they are no longer people. They are sociopaths that will do anything to get more profit, which includes killing people if they can get away with it. Maybe 90% of corporate wealth is in control of those huge corporations. Banks, insurance, water supply, electricity. They are the sociopaths who destroy, brainwash, corrupt politicians and kill. They always become bigger and bigger until they have monopolies, how are you ever going to stop this?

I have every right to talk about your attitude if I think (and many others as well) that it is not really optimal.

Also a few years our health insurance was privatized. Within a few years the prices skyrocketed. It's now 4x more expensive than before, not joking.

Read carefully. I did not say you could not talk about my attitude. I said you have no right to tell me what it should be. Of course my attitude will always be frowned upon here as long as it is traditional and leaning conservative. Rude, insulting tone and outright bigotry are given a pass as long as it is delivered with Leftist Liberal and progressive spin. Intolerance for conservative thought is one of the hallmarks of Leftist ideology.

When and what sort of health privatization are you talking about? It used to be wholly private and very low cost and easily accessible. It has gotten much more expensive and much worse as more and more government involvement is encouraged and allowed. Governments are corrupt and rotten to the core and they get worse as they grow. New and small corporations are far better than government. The problem with old, entrenched multinationals could be solved by simply dissolving them and making them illegal.

Nearly everything you have said about corporations is false. They *are* made up of people. A corporation with no people ceases to exist... by law. Corporations can and do provide things like water and health care and in general they do it better than government does. Private industry delivers a superior product for a lower cost. My wife and I dropped our group plan "vision" coverage long ago when we did the math. Every couple years we wait for a good promotion and go get an eye exam and two pair each of no line bifocals for about a hundred bucks apiece. It is a fraction of what we were paying through group plan payroll deduction and copays.

Lionheart

Getting back to the initial topic. Could the sun create a massive EMP blast and do we rely too much on technology today? I see so many people that have put their entire life records and everything on the computer. I see kids walking in malls that are constantly talking on the cell phone/text messaging. I think that an EMP blast alone would cause so much calamity in the world today as it is. We don't need to worry about the world blowing up. I think rely wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much on technology. I saw a commercial on TV today of a conference where everyone but 1 person had an I-Pad. The other guy was using a pen, they were actually ridiculing him him because he was wanting to use a pen. Really is that what we have come to, I was in a store I gave a girl behind the counter a 20$ bill for a $13.50 item. She had to use a calculator to find out how much change she had to give me. My real question should have actually been what would happen if Facebook shut down tomorrow, because that would cause world calamity right there. I'm sure it would be the top news item of the day!
Just look at the 1859 Carrington Event for proof of the Sun's strength.
I added this link for food for thought. http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/stories/sun-superstorms-can-have-devastating-economic-impacts

CFTraveler

I believe Michio Kaku spoke about this possibility in a youtube video some time ago.  Idk if he has changed his mind about it, but he certainly seemed apprehensive about it.  Just make sure you have means of generating power that is not electronics dependent- just in case.  :wink:

Firmitas

We are moving in to the Aquarian age. From what i've heard, and felt, we will be shifting from the age of "I" to the age of "we".
So I guess I would say #5

-Firmitas

steveo233

Everyone knows that the ancient god are coming back in 2012

goatrance

I hope nature will kill us before we kill nature