News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Treaties on OOBE better than Astral Dynamics?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

astralmaster,

Yes, the Astral Pulse website "contains the latest revisions" of Robert Bruce's work to date. If you take a look at the home page there, you'll see that they point that out.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

no_leaf_clover

having read both, astral dynamics is both more recent and better.

robert bruce says in astral dynamics that 'treatise on obe' was basically a bunch of posts he made on some site (maybe this one?) and he just put them together and called it 'treatise on obe'

according to astral dynamics, robert just took treatise on obe and revised it with his newer ideas, organized it, and added 'new energy ways' as well as lots of things from articles on this site like the dimensional theories, astral wildlife and such (and published it as a book: astral dynamics).

theres tons of stuff in the book that treatise on obe doesnt have. little pieces of it are even used as quotes in astral dynamics.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Tom

Suppose that the treatise on the web site had been better than the book, "Astral Dynamics". Wouldn't you still choose to support Robert Bruce and his continuing efforts by purchasing a copy of the book or getting your local library to do so? You can still download the treatise and read it. If you are going to get the book you might as well read it.

Nick

This may be splitting hairs but Part 8 of the treatise came out in 1999, the same year as Astral Dynamics. In any event, I strongly agree that anyone that can afford to buy the book should do so.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

astralmaster

Just so that you guys know: I have bought both AD and ppsd. I have read them both. My question was regarding the html version (which is VERY different that the PDF version).
Has anyone else read both versions and found that treaties on obe is more recent?

Robert Bruce is a mentor to me, and i would do anything i could to support his cause.
David

Nick

Both the HTML and PDF versions state they are works from 1994 to 1999. I haven't compared the two versions against each other and then against the book very closely. Having read the book several times and the online versions (last year though) my impression is that there are some variations however they complement one other.

So I don't really think any one item is "more recent" because the date for the treatises end in 1999, the same year the book was published.

What I did do before was to read all of the online materials anyway. If I liked something in particular I'd cut and paste it so I could print it out. The book remains a masterpiece for me though and I still refer to it as reference.

astralmaster

FYI: the pdf version is a collection of letters by RB. The Html version is a completely new version, Rewriten by RB.

David

Nick

astralmaster,

You asked if the treatises were "more up to date" than the book. The astraldynamics.com website, for both the PDF and HTML, seem to indicate that they were both copyrighted 1994 to 1999. The later writings being parts 7 and 8.

My information may be incomplete, as you point out, and if it is I apologize.

Very best,

astralmaster

I was wandering what your thoughts were regarding the differences between the Treaties on OBE and AD. It seems to me that the html version on the Treaties is much more up to date that the book. For example, in the treaties RB talks about alpha brainwaves,"the Alice in wonderland affect" and other topics that are not in the book.

Do you think that the treaties is more up to date than the book?

David