News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Video Causes Hallucination?

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

I found this video, my friend said it works. It's supposed to make you hallucinate after staring at it for awhile. I'd try it, but I'm on dial up, and am about to leave. When I get around to it, I'll say if it worked for me. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzSRVgF501M

Kodemaster

Now I now what it's like to do acid...LOL
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

falsetigerlimbs

Yeah I loveee this video.
Seriously, it's pretty close to acid. minus the colors.

Leilah

Quote from: falsetigerlimbs on August 05, 2006, 02:37:39
Seriously, it's pretty close to acid. minus the colors.

Yeah, I was just about to say that.

Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place
Only to find I've come full circle.

nwb

hey is there a direct download to the video?  the website its on is giving me problems

WindGod

That's excelllent, thanks.

what would you call that. Persistance of expectation?

could make a much smaller size file looping gif anim of only a few frames, or a flash anim, I'll give it a try.
Are weather forcasters psychic?

Parmenion

It'd be even better if you could programme that to play a subliminal message in the background.
I could stare at that for hours  :-)

Dave

cainam_nazier

THat was cool.  Half way through I looked away and thought it was effecting my whole computer screen.  But then I was like, It's Youtube, they can't do that....can they.

Grigori

Hehe that is really good!  :-D

It's just an FLV file you'll need an FLV player if you download it or you can convert it ... I just made it into a 4Mb avi if anyone is interested. You may need the MP4 codec to view it but if anyone can't get it any other way let me know. I'll leave it in a temp directory for a week or two.

http://psifly.com/temp/hallicination.avi

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: WindGod on August 06, 2006, 11:21:00
what would you call that. Persistance of expectation?

I would guess it's messing with actual parts of your eyes. There are neurons or groups of them or etc. in your eyes whose only job is detecting vertical edges, horizontal edges, and things like that.

When you stare at a colorful image for long enough, and look away, you see an afterimage "opposite" in color (in relation to your eyes' cones, not actual opposite colors) of what you were just looking at because the cones of the colors you were staring at became "tired".

My guess would be this is doing the same thing, except it's targeting the parts of your eyes dealing with edges rather than with colors. This is just my guess, though.

If I'm right, then when you look away, you should actually be seeing a reverse of the pattern over everything you look at.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Mitch

Quote from: no_leaf_clover on August 07, 2006, 11:17:48
I would guess it's messing with actual parts of your eyes. There are neurons or groups of them or etc. in your eyes whose only job is detecting vertical edges, horizontal edges, and things like that.

When you stare at a colorful image for long enough, and look away, you see an afterimage "opposite" in color (in relation to your eyes' cones, not actual opposite colors) of what you were just looking at because the cones of the colors you were staring at became "tired".

My guess would be this is doing the same thing, except it's targeting the parts of your eyes dealing with edges rather than with colors. This is just my guess, though.

If I'm right, then when you look away, you should actually be seeing a reverse of the pattern over everything you look at.

Wow, that makes sense. :)
There's another thing I saw where you stare at what looks like a blob, then you look at the wall and see Jesus. And that was using black and white reversed.

jason

Wow, that was really interesting  :lol:

The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

falsetigerlimbs

I so want to look at this while stoned.