News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Well, uh, I thought it was a good idea...

Previous topic - Next topic

Adept_of_Light

Hello Daniel,

I like your realization of  "some of my ideas are truly mine" :-)

In regard to chit-chat, more people should check out the real-time chat on IRC that is linked from the main website. Around 8:30AM to 11AM Pacific Standard Time is when the chat room seems to be most active. You can use the link on the website to use a Java based chat client...

http://www.tower.net.au/~rsb/chat/chat.htm

Or you can alternatively connect to the chat room via a regular IRC program such as mIRC (www.mirc.com) or any other one, and accessing: irc.webchat.org  on port 6667, and then typing : /join #astralchat.

Take good  care,
-
Adept of Light

"He who pursues the goal of evenmindedness, is neither jubilant with gain, nor depressed by loss" - Paramahansa Yogananda
"First do what is necessary, then do what is possible, and soon you will be doing the impossible" St. Francis of Assis

Mobius

G,day Daniel

I know what you mean & I try to write on posts that have zero or few posts &
when I first joined not only was my first post not responded to by anyone
but it was read nearly 40 times & still no reply,not even a hi! or welcome to
the forum, just silence.If I read a post by a new person I at least write one
line in response,to me & obviously you to Daniel,it seems strange to spend the
time reading someones post that has zero hits & not even write yes or no,we
really do live in a utilitarian society.

BTW Adept of light & Inguma if you read this,where do you get the pictures
that go under your names? The site Astral society seems almost identical,is
there a standard forum computer program? or did the same people program
& set up both sites?

Good journeys

Mobius

distant bell

Sometimes I guess it´s pure chanse... sometimes on reads a topic and really thinks - hey, interesting!.. but then perhaps you don´t have time to reply, and then next time you log on it has gotten a bit further down because of al the new topisc/posts and then you just forget about it..  This has happened to me many times...

well, but I know the feeling of being ignored too!   I ususally just answer to my own post, and then it jumps up to the top again and people seee it, and usually at least someone replyes.

Bless ya al!

-Aum-

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Rob

Hi!

Sometimes I see a post and want to reply but just cannot think of anything decent to say, so don't! Or I might think to leave it overnight and write when I have something relevant to reply with, but forget...

I have no idea where I got my original picture from - somewhere on the net, but it was green before and didn't reduce well so I played with the colours, chopped off bits and deformed it a little so you could actually see the eye when it was shrunk (can you??). I was quite proud of it in the end! Very apt for me (third eye/blue/etc). I really like Florians too! And Adept of Light's, very symbolic! Looks like we are the only ones...

Just cruise around online and when you see a nice picture nab it! I used primarily paint shop pro 6.02 to change it, but also adobe photoshop. Or you might want to make a cool looking sigil? I have a couple of other pictures but nothing very good.

On that note - If anyone has any nice pictures they want modified, just send them to me with what you want done and I'll see what I can do!

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Rob

Whoa hang on - do you mean to say that someone has a similar picture to me!! noooo that cannot beeeee!!!!!
(um indeed!)

You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

cainam_nazier

I originally was not going to say anything on this subject but then rethought about what the first post was about so...um....I guess..

Hello
and
Goodbye.

'Walk with me and see the world as I do."

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Arulok

Hello Daniel & All,

Just a quick note to mention that I generally read every post, but I don't always feel as if I have something to say (or whether my crazed mind's incoherent thoughts would be of value to the topic at hand).

But, be sure, I pay attention to, and think about, all that is mentioned here.  After all, there are some fine minds discussing excellent topics on this forum.

- Michael

Mobius

G,day guys

I probably spoke to soon & do skip replying on posts I didn't feel I could contribute on well.But if I read one with zero replies I at least said g,day or
hi or welcome,your view is invalid you varmint! (I just made that up,hehe)
Probably took it too seriously & can be a multitude of reasons why people don't do it.

Inguma I don't know if your picture is allready taken by someone else I didn't
scroll through all the pictures,but I thought that whoever made this site also
worked on or went to the same college as the maker of the Astral society site.It has rankings of a sort,same sort of forum categories & set up,with
little smilies etc. But when you register you can choose a picture to go with
your name in the profiles section & there are probably 50 or 60 different
pictures to attach to your name the same way you & adept of light has,will
this be coming to this forum also?

Cainam_ naizier,well done & thanks

Best journeys all

Mobius

Rob

(phew!)

Mobius - I do not know whether Adrian knows the person who runs the Astral society, or even if he runs it himself. However, the basic forum is available from somewhere, and Adrian has been using this with some modifications, which is probably why it looks similar.
As for the avatar pictures, they will be available for use when we have some! This means that someone is going to have to make/find lots of little pictures and then let other people use them (you have the choice - personal avatar or let anyone use it). I might have a go at this, but doubt I will be very good. Like I said I can modify existing images, so if anyone has any....

andy

Hi Daniel,

I often want to respond to posts but simply can't think of a intelegent response.Aside from from that my prehistoric comuter takes for ever to load pages and after trying to get through the majority of the fourms I often run out of time.[somebody offered me $50 CANADIAN for the beast.Canada should put a lame duck on its dollar instead of a loone!]
Last but not least,I have zilcho computer skills,and only recently learned to type.I cant as they say "fire" from the hip when writing without double typing or spelling words sdrawkcab.Duh hu.
I have however made it past the single finger typing and plan to get a real computer in the near future.

Peace,Andy

cainam_nazier

Daniel-

It is good to have a completely original thought from time to time.  But isn't it great how sometimes you can ask a seemingly innocent question or make a silly remark and create such a responce?  Like my topic on being bald <---shamless promotion]  which is at 26 responces, and even this topic which is at 11 now to include this one.

"Well slap me silly and call me Suzan."

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

PeacefulWarrior

cainam- it is very funny, that is-the fact that, for example, this post sort of just represented some musings I was having while surfing and look how many reponses it gets- then on the other hand I post what I feel are deep, interesting posts and no one responds...it just goes to show how our minds work.  Personal progress can be slow, and while we wait for new and exciting things to happen, which we can talk about, we like to chat and muse.

Anyway, about avatars- the little pictures- once we've chosen one, how do we go about getting it assigned to our names/posts?
-Dan

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Rob

quote:
Anyway, about avatars- the little pictures- once we've chosen one, how do we go about getting it assigned to our names/posts?  

Post the images to Adrian and he will put them up for you
I am not entirely sure if you can do it yourself

PeacefulWarrior

...I think it's funny when I post something which I think is very intruiging/interesting and then like thirty of forty people look at it and no one replies.  I am sure this happens to us all because I see that I am not the only one.  Anyway, I think it just goes to show how subjective life really is...it reminds me of the quote "One man's garbage is another man's treasure" or something to that effect.  It actually seems like some of the more controversial posts get the most attention, for obvious reasons.  Anyway, it never hurts my feelings when this happens to me for it just makes me think "Cool, I guess some of my ideas are truly mine..."

Anyway, I really love this new forum.  It's funny how the chit-chat forum has become one of the most popular forums on the website.  Deep down we are all like a bunch of hill billy mystics relaxin' out on the porch in the summer evening, chewing up our minds and spitting out our thoughts with the hopes others will have something to add or enlighten...

Much love!
-DT

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------