News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

WHAT DO YOU DO ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nay

Hey Chill.

I wasn't going to post cause, well, I am not scientific in any way..but, I am waaaaaaay beyond college years..and I am a artist.
Guess that is it!...wow, that didn't hurt one bit!..lol

Nay. [;)]

James S

Hi chill,

I'm a enjuneer! [:P]

I'm a computer engineer primarily responsible for the building and configuring of Win2K and Unix servers, after having spent about 16 years on the road doing repairs to computer systems (servers & PCs), networks & laser printers.

My main creative outlet has been music. Used to be a keyboard player in a band years ago, and I love sound modelling and composing on synthesizers. It's been a few years since I've owned a synth and I'm more than just a bit rusty now, but I'm in the process of building up a synth & recording rig again using my PC at home.

Regards,
James.

Links Shadow

I am just starting college at the end of this month but I have held jobs with several different school districts managing websites and as a computer technician.  So I already have quite a resume and could probably get a decent job right now but I want to expand upon my knowledge, I am majoring in Computer Engineering.  There you have a good portion of my life story.[:P]

LA FORET MAUVE

hmm...as for me i am an artist too [:I]
but more in the graphic side...
greetings[|)]

Nerezza

I scour Canadian highways in search of roadkill, which I sell to McDonalds restaurants. They get a discount if it's missing a head.

Nay

Chill,

Sorry..lol.. I draw and paint, mostly with Oils.  Here is a few samples if you would like to take a look.
http://community.webshots.com/user/naykyd

Nay. [;)]

TruthSeeker

Dear Nay.

Those are exellent paintings!
What does the hands symbolize?
And just one last thing, you are lucky. Lucky to have that family.

Sincerely,
TruthSeeker

Kazbadan

Hello chill! I´m a Maths and Science Nature teacher. I teach students with ages between 6 to 12-13 years. About my artist vein...well, i have some interest in writing a science fiction or terror book, but don´t have too much time. I´m not good on music composition (but i love Debussy, Mike Oldfield, Trance (Goa), etc) but sometimes i like to use some 3d computer programs to made images (because of time, i only made 2 or 3 images). One of that images (i have better) it´s my avatar image. It is based (not a copy!) in the image of a card form the Magic the Gathering card game.

I love you!

WalkerInTheWoods

I do science and art. I am a drafter, so I draw technical, engineering drawings. Actually alot of it is 3D modeling now, but I still got to make it pretty and understandable on the print.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Tisha

Bachelor of Science, Defense worker, trying to get out of my present field (recruiting scientists to work on aircraft carriers) to do cost analyst work on F-18 programs.

But I have fuzzy wuzzy progressive humanitarian and artistic feelings lurking underneath my brisk exterior.  I have done well with painting, sculpting, etc. and am a published writer(in another life), both creative and reasearch oriented.

I dream of throwing my career out the window so I can do tarot readings at renaissance festivals.
Tisha

Avalon

Chill, I think you are going to find you are correct. :)

I'm in a technical background as well.  I just recently transferred from computer support to computer forensics.

However, in my youth, my drive was more on the creative side.  Calligraphy and abstract drawing mostly.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a  well  preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,

". . . holy sh*t . . . what a ride!"

Nay

TruthSeeker,

Thank-you very much!  I indeed am very lucky to have a wonderful family!.. even though they all refuse to pick-up behind themselves hehehehe...
I drew the hands because I had a dream of pulling these long worms out of them...ewwwwwww..

Tisha

Tisha

fireprooflighter

You caught me, I like writing fiction [^] even though I'm 14...

TheLunatic

Very nice paintings nay, I have bad dreams like that sometimes too, but instead of worms it's bugs... eck eck eck...

-Luke

quote:
Originally posted by Nay

Chill,

Sorry..lol.. I draw and paint, mostly with Oils.  Here is a few samples if you would like to take a look.
http://community.webshots.com/user/naykyd

Nay. [;)]

cainam_nazier

I am curretly unemployed...and it's great..and it's of my own doing.  As in I quit because....well because I felt like it.  It is time for the big life change.  Gee...mid-life crisis at 26...what will I do when I am 45?

Before that I was a Stationary Engineer.  Sounds fancy but I was really just a minatenance guy.  With the small exemption that the job function was also taking care of extreamly larger versions of your AC (chiller/air handlers) and Water Heater (boilers).

I never went to collage but I have been wanting to go back for a while now.  I just might do that after I move.

I only wish I could draw better...actually at all.  I wish I could paint or draw some of the images that I get some times.  That would be cool.  

I also like to play guitar, however after 10 years of trying I am, well, still trying.  

I enjoy writing and have a few ideas for books or stories but lack a certain ability to get the ideas out on paper. I write, stop, forget, re-write..ect...So it takes me forever to finish a thought on one subject. I am also in the process of putting together a news letter on metaphysics, but my ability, or inability to write is also getting in the way.

Okay well I think I will stop now.

Nay

Thanks Tisha and TheLunatic!!

Yea, I have had Scorpions come out too...YIKES!

Nay. [;)]

WalkerInTheWoods

Wow, cainam_nazier, you are only 26? I thought you were much older. I guess you just come off as mature and wise.

You can't write?? Your posts are always well written. Maybe you are just too hard on yourself. Maybe you just need to discipline yourself to stay committed to whatever it is you want to write, if that is what you want to do.

Good luck with your career search. [:)]
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

cainam_nazier

quote:

Wow, cainam_nazier, you are only 26? I thought you were much older. I guess you just come off as mature and wise.

You have no idea how many times I have heard that.  This ever since I was 16 or so people alway thought I was about 5 to 10 years older.  In a way I take that as a compliment as I do not project the "inexperiences" often asociated with my age group, and I thank you.  However the idea of being older than I am is a troubling one if nothing else.  [;)]

quote:
You can't write?? Your posts are always well written. Maybe you are just too hard on yourself. Maybe you just need to discipline yourself to stay committed to whatever it is you want to write, if that is what you want to do.

I think that is more the case, a matter of commetment.  The larger problem with the writing is the continuous re-witing, re-formatting, and so on that I go through just to get a thought down on paper.  At times even in this format it takes me some time to get simple ideas accross because of this.

jc84corvette

Me, I am no where close to College, im a sophmore in H.S. But I wont do College, no matter how much you tell me, I WONT!

When I turn 17 I will join the Army active duty. I will go through A LOT of training to be a Ranger. For those that do not know what a Ranger is, they are arguably the Armys premier land force. They are Special Forces, the Army has "Army Special Forces" also, they are called the Green Berrets. None the less, bolth are SF groups for the Army.

I plan on making my whole life out of the Military. I really think I will be killed in action after the main of my Ranger training is done and I am on duty. So it happens, let it happen. Just remember me as a dedicated soldier that fought hard for my buddies next to me and for my Country that I love so much, remember me as a soldier that puts his Country in the first priority slot!

ravenne

I'm way beyond college years too and I make my living as a Medium

liz mccal

Hello,
I used to broker electronic components.
then i sold life/helth insurance.
now hopefully i will get a job selling tecnology stuff again

Liz[:I]

chill