News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What does Prozac do to you?

Previous topic - Next topic

Donal

I hear people say negative stuff about it. I am on 60MG a day ATM, but I want to know what the side effects are.
Now everybody wanna go to heaven but nobody want to die- Krayzie Bone

The Present Moment

You have to answer that one for yourself. Meds don't work the same way for every person. As a general rule, you should report to your doctor any adverse medical or psychological changes that occur after taking a medication.

Hannah b

Hi!
It's been quite some time since I have been taking prozac but I remember a few thinhs:
1. I didn't feel depressed -  but the moment I stopped taking it my depression came back double the strength, which just showed me that prozac doesn't heal, it just numbs you, and depressiom is a call from your sould that something very wrong is going on. After 3 years of good mental and enerhy therapy the depression is really gone.

2. I stopped binge eating -  The moment I stopped taking prozac the binge eating came back and it took me quite some time (but quality time) to see and heal the real reasons for which I was trying to destroy myself.

3. I became very sociable -  but with time my friends would come up to me and ask "what the hell is hoing on with you??!)..Apparently I was very agressive, couldn't verbalize myself smoothly and was very hiperactive. Ofcourse I didn't see any of these symtoms.

4. I didn't get any "highs or lows". I stopped crying ( I wouldn't even cry at the movies..which is very very odd)..I couldn't get normally, happily excited. I was "normal" in the "middle". Ms. Proper citizen. No emotions . Like a robot.

I feel sorry for you. Remember that prozac will not heal the reasons for which you are taking it. You can't escape from your own shadow...emotions that are not transformed will sooner or later have an outcome in some other shape or form...gee...and the people keep wondering why so many of us are dying of deseases like cancer. Prozac is like an earplug that you use to stop hearing your soul's cry.

all the best
The only constant in the Universe is change

Selski

Great post Hannah.

I totally agree with point 4.  I felt like I was living in a bubble where nothing could hurt me.  Nor touch me emotionally.  Which got rid of the depression.  But also got rid of any excitement.

If you imagine a heart machine and when the heart dies, all you see is one long continuous middle line, no ups or downs.  That's how Prozac felt with me.

It was many years ago.  When I came off it, I was already in that positive mindset and knew I didn't need it, so I found it something of a relief to stop taking it.

Donal, you could perhaps use the time you are on Prozac to ask yourself why you are on it and what are the real internal causes that need to be dealt with.

Best wishes to you.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Donal

That's it, i'm completely going off the prozac. I NEVER felt suicidal before I took the prozac. I never stuck a scalpel an inch into my wrist before taking the prozac. I never went over to shannon airport attempting to get a plane over to USA to blow my head off with a gun before taking the prozac. (I actually got a bus over to the airport, but there were no flights available for more than 12 hours)

The prozac makes me WORSE, plus it has loads of negative side effects on the side, ie libido gone, etc. I am like a shagging zombie, and I don't want to be like this anymore. Loads of people say that prozac eff's you up, and it's about time that I stopped taking it for my own good, and starting seeing a therapist to sort out what is wrong with me. To HEAL it, not just NUMB it and make you feel worse than before you started taking them.

Mydral

:-o yeah definalty stop taking it.

I don't like all those pills anyway.... change like a few atoms around and your left with things like speed, ecstacy, etc..
The thing is drugs, legal or illegal, are always a business. The more people taking prozac, the better the business. Therefor if you feel depressed you will get it subscribed, although the doctors probably know that there are alternatives cures. But it saves them time, gets them payed, makes the companies happy, etc. if they just subscribe you some pill and let you be on your way.

Oh and for your info about Prozak:
http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-p05.html

Lovely stuff.... this is just a summary of the side effects:
Headache, nervousness, insomnia, drowsiness, fatigue or asthenia, anxiety, tremor, dizziness or lightheadedness, nausea, dry mouth, diarrhea, anorexia, excessive sweating. Less frequently, rash, pruritus, weight loss, sexual dysfunction, convulsions.
In somnis veritas

The Present Moment

Going cold turkey can cause dangerous withdrawal effects; tapering off the dosage is safest.

Principle

I worked at CVS \ Pharmacy for about a year as a Pharmacy Technican.
And, I agree with "The Present Moment".

monk-5

what does respirdal do to the body? i am taking that one, not because of me but by force.

just curious

i haven't seen any side effects

The Present Moment

Quote from: monk-5 on January 27, 2007, 08:49:34
what does respirdal do to the body? i am taking that one, not because of me but by force.

just curious

i haven't seen any side effects

Like I said to Donal, it varies person to person. FWIW, I wouldn't want to take any of them long term. When you get a broken leg, you take pain meds until it heals; you wouldn't stay on the meds indefinitely without treating the underlying problem.

Donal

Just a question: How long should it take for my libido to get back to full function? I am 20 years of age so I should have a fairly active one.

Donal

I was just talking to my Dad and he said that I don't looked doped up anymore!  :-o