News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What food and drink does a spiritualist need?

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypernicus

What does a real spiritualist eat and drink? In relation to OBE, Astral visiting etc.

Stookie

I guess it depends on how you define "real spiritualist". Is it a particular belief/faith? Or do you mean a diet that can help with Astral Projection?

blade5x

Hypernicus

Diets that helps high spiritualisme with all like Astral projection as Stookie mentions, and diet that's best according to all laws, not laws that are human made, but the "higher" laws.

Greenrat

split your awareness between your heart and head.

Selski

Quote from: HypernicusWhat does a real spiritualist eat and drink? In relation to OBE, Astral visiting etc.

Chocolate and wine.  :grin:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

learning

Many Yogis suggest vegan diet.  I agree that it is more loving.  Some of these Yogis can do amazing things, not just obe.

Vilkate

A diet that allows you to feel in harmony with your body, soul and moral issues.
~Our name is Eternity~

On my way to the infinite universe of Light and Unity.

WindGod

(sorry for all the posts, I'm new here and everything in AP seems interesting to me, see how long it takes for me to get banned :smile: )

"What does a real spiritualist eat and drink? In relation to OBE, Astral visiting etc."

I would guess that it would be a vegetarian diet and allowing dairy milk products. Some may be picky and require rennetless cheese for example.

The reasoning for this is boring, but here goes.

At some point in spiritual progression I believe that we eventually prepare to make the break from the creation cycle.

As humans, we started as predators and we require protein from meat.

Eventually we tire of the blood, gore and competition game (after countless reincarnations and WTF what the heck am I doing on Earth again??!!) and just instinctively gravitate to the non-predatory spiritual lifestyle.

For example, I got home from my work out and was offered chicken, instead I had a craving for a blender full of soy-milk, banana, and sunflower seeds, so that's what I had. This morning I had turkey burgers, so I don't follow this description of "spiritualist" Rest in peace little turkey, my prayers are with you.

I think that we have to have this "set-up" prior to birth so that our bodies can survive on the vegetarian diet. Some people, even sincere vegetarians for many years will suffer malnutrition without animal protein and just have to go with the balanced human diet.

Meaning that we must have a predisposition for "real spiritualism"
and have the arrangement to have the proper equipment.

To go vegetarian is part of the rejection of this oppressive physical existence. To refuse to partake in the gnashing of fangs, and the lust for blood and gore.

It's common that many humans instinctively detest gore, (the yuk factor), but instead of going vegetarian, we have all these neatly sanitized flesh products and think that we are cheating the system by not personally slaughtering and butchering the animal.

( or agree to such inane concepts as "we are the masters of the planet and by damn it's our divine right to kill and eat anything that moves"

Or it's just simply, hey, I'm hungry and your body looks delicious! DIE sucker!

Most of the Indian spiritual schools of thought will say that you don't get away with anything by this, and that you still share the negative action for the killing of the animal.

From my experiences of enthusiastically following a vegetarian diet and working as a vegetarian chef in a successful restaurant, and years later eventually succumbing to the addition of poultry and fish to my diet, I would have to say that during my strict vegetarian years, I had more "interesting" inner experiences.

Perhaps by abstaining from meat we reduce the negative reactions caused by unnecessarily taking the life of an animal and we lighten the load so to speak, and then find it easier to achieve a higher vibration of consciousness.

In conclusion:
Our civilization has reached a level of technology that presents us with many choices.
We can go to the market and have a choice of fruit, vegetables, seed, nuts, milk dairy products, soy products, from all over the world.

This is more than sufficient to sustain our bodies.

Now to make the choice to pick up a slab of flesh at the meat department says that you have no problem being stuck here on earth in the physical world and that you are happy to remain here and suffer countless additional incarnations.

It's your choice.

(why did I eat that turkey burger this morning, I guess I like it here, I'm a very sick puppy!
Maybe in a past life the turkey committed an offense to me and I had to eat it to balance the Karma. Sorry again little blessed turkey, I say another prayer for you.
Are weather forcasters psychic?

Stookie

I had an OBE today, just a few hours after eating BBQ Chicken, baked beans, bread, corn, watermelon, a Heinekin, ice cream, 2 chocolate chip cookies, & a cup of coffee, (...it's a holiday, OK?) so I wouldn't consider I diet TOO important.

WalkerInTheWoods

I am going to have to go with Sarah on this one.  :grin:
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Astir

Quote from: fallnangel77I am going to have to go with Sarah on this one.  :grin:

Me too. Sans the coffee.
I think caffeine makes it more difficult for me...to just relax.

StumblingForward

I'm gonna go with Selski.  Chocolate and wine, there's nothing better.

Hagethuriel

I love chocolate and wine and whiskey too but when I want to do serious energy work I fast and drink lots of water and avoid meat and eat raw veg and fresh veg juice . An 80 year old  medium from England addressing a group of us at the Edgar Cayce Centre decades ago began by telling us that he was a skirtchaser , smoked too much and drank a lot but that when he was doing a platform session , he retreated in meditation , drank copious amounts of water , avoided all alchohol and smokes and gave up the ladies too .
"Yes there are two paths . You can go back , but in the long run , there's still time to change the road you're on " ~ Led Zeppelin

Huwie

Quote from: WindGod on July 04, 2006, 20:40:56( or agree to such inane concepts as "we are the masters of the planet and by damn it's our divine right to kill and eat anything that moves"

Sorry, but I take exception to that.  Specifically, that you consider it inane.  The fact is nature has a food chain, and for better or for worse, Humans are pretty much at the top of it.  Eating animals is how 99% of us survive; indeed, without the requisite "spiritual knowledge," it cannot even be said that any of we omnivores is even doing anything "wrong."  So please, spare us your judgements in that respect - or need I remind you that your spiritually advanced immune system is, right now, killing millions of pathogenic bacteria, endowed - presumably from your point of view - with as much right to live as any of us?

Hypernicus

It wasn't about just killing, but killing something when it itsn't necessary at all. Meaning you have all the food you need and ever need without killing animals, and eating what you need and no more.