News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What happend to the AP forum that I knew?

Previous topic - Next topic

Aries

With all due respect the purpose of the Forum is to discus. In a Discusion it is perfectly normal for there to be disagreements. If everyone here agreed on everything then there wouldnt even be a forum because there would be nothing to talk about.
I agree that we shouldnt put eatchother down and things like that, but to say we cannot post disagreements is taking away our freedome of speech, and more or less making this "forum" like a big ridiculous book made by many hundreds of diff people.
The day this forum prohibits us from speaking our mind is the day I leave. And as of today it looks as if it is leaning that way, weither it be moderators locking topics for there own reasons (you know who you are), or just people coming here to post.
My two cents, for what its worth.
-Aries
How can the spoon know the taste of soup?

Van-Stolin

I agree, but you have to think about the more immature group that come to this fourm.  Most seem to think they are so powerful in ki that they could beat a Master of martial arts.  We shouldn't just shot down an idea if it is plausible, but some baseless assumption gets really annoying.  Ki topics are fine with me as long as it isn't about, "Oh I have a power level of 1 trillion and can blow up the planet"  The demon war topics though are the ones getting out of hand.  They should really all be in the prophecy section and they should really only be one topic, we don't need 10 talking about the same thing.
Thou shall not kill, remember?  What kind of church man are you? - Vash, Trigun

I will destroy Naraku with this Tessiaga! - Inuyasha, Inu-yasha

Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind. - Edward D. Morrison

no_leaf_clover

If Corvette's seeing things the way I am, he's talking about people saying offensive things to others just because they don't agree with others' beliefs and think they're ridiculous. And I mean when someone just simply states their beliefs, and another person bashes them and posts in an overly assertive manner.

quote:
With all due respect the purpose of the Forum is to discus. In a Discusion it is perfectly normal for there to be disagreements. If everyone here agreed on everything then there wouldnt even be a forum because there would be nothing to talk about.

Corvette never said not to post messages to offer another view on things or to let people know you disagree. I guess you must have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to discuss things without being negative to the people you disagree with?

quote:
I agree, but you have to think about the more immature group that come to this fourm.

I think the forum's problem is that a lot of people come here with ideas like the ones you're talking about (Ki, astral wars, DBZ-like abilities) and Adrian has decided that this is a direction he would rather not have his forum go in. Obviously it would be ideal in Adrian's ideal Astral Pulse to deter all of this somehow, but the problem is that this isn't so easily done. I believe he has already removed a section of the forums to try to eliminate the problem, but it's not really going away as you probably realize.

You shouldn't really hold peoples' beliefs against them or things they might say, so banning people simply for talking about these sort of things wouldn't feel right imo, and we obviously can't force them to believe other things. So I would suggest an area of the Astral Pulse for these people to post in (and it doesn't have to be just for them, and thereby attract people that believe similar ideas to the forum, though I wouldn't complain if this happened as long as everything pertaining to this area was confined to it).

I think this idea was on Adrian's mind before, but he apparently found some reasons against it, and I'm not aware of what those are and am a bit curious. If this was in place, moderators would simply have to move posts to that folder and everything would be deterred from the main of the site.

People that don't subscribe to a lot of the ideas that are in question by some can simply avoid this area. They would have no right to go into this area and harrass people or instigate debate, just as it would not be tolerated if someone came into the Astral Experiences section and starting aggressively debating the authenticity of OBE's. It would be descriminatory to react differently in each instance.

I realize these forums were created solely for Astral Projecting and things directly relating to it, but the forum has grown and other aspects of the metaphysical and spiritual worlds are becoming increasingly important here. To go back to strictly astral projection would be to lose a lot of valuable information relating to other topics, and they way I like to see it, we are simply exposing the people in questions to new ideas. Their horizons might expand a little more quickly if they aren't always having to worry about people harrassing them.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Van-Stolin

Thanks no_leaf, but also a fourm isn't just someplace to chat.  If they could have a decent dissusion about ki in the fourm then I don't think it would have been closed, but most of the topics were pointless all talked about the same thing and barely had any basis.
Thou shall not kill, remember?  What kind of church man are you? - Vash, Trigun

I will destroy Naraku with this Tessiaga! - Inuyasha, Inu-yasha

Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind. - Edward D. Morrison

Aries

Its not impossible to disagree without being negative, I have done it many times. I dont bash people, make fun of them, or shoot other peoples ideas down just because I dont believe in them. I simply dont respond..
As far as the DBZ thing, I agree we shouldnt have discussions about DBZ but the thread he closed had nothing to do with it..
-Aries

Rob

Actually its been in the air - I've felt it, and a few other forums I know of have flamed up recently (think its passing). Also major solar activity and SOHO missing shed loads of data. Coincidence?

Just chill, these things happen, whatever the reason.
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Aries

Michael_E

quote:
Originally posted by Aries

Whats SOHO?
-Aries

SOHO is the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory. They watch solar activity, flares, sun spots, radiation levels and take some nice pictures of the sun http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/

I guess inguma is making some connection between solar activity and human behavior. Maybe there is a connection, id like to think the stars can effect our behavior only if we let it.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

volcomstone

hey I learned sumthin the udder day,

don't freak out and write posts suited to just insulting people, it really doesn't accomplish things, especially if what you're trying to accomplish is them to shut up

anyhow I learned another thing. if the title of the post is demon war 2012, just ignore it,Im not even goina open it.

I also believe that anyone should belive what they want to believe, cuz in the end it all comes down to a matterof personal choice, even if you got everybody in the world disagreeing with you, you go ahead and believe it.

"dragon ball z is a gateway drug"
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

Michael_E

quote:
Originally posted by volcomstone

"dragon ball z is a gateway drug"

LMAO[:P]
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

Rob

"I guess inguma is making some connection between solar activity and human behavior. Maybe there is a connection, id like to think the stars can effect our behavior only if we let it."

Yep. Massive electrical effects from the sun can influence electronic equipment on earth, but it also affects weather systems (which build in the upper ionosphere - particles in the solar wind have enormous energy, often many times more than those released in nuclear explosions....kinda intuitive if you think about it), and human behaviour. As does other em noise - our nervous systems are extremely sensitive. There's so much going on - you can even bring schuman resonance into it, thought of to be analogous to the heartbeat of the planet. Then there are other more exotic inter-stellar energy flows which can be picked up at certain times of the year (early december is one windown, around the 13th I think). Interesting stuff!
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Aries

I think it affects us to a point. Like my sister being a Torus.. (spelt wrong i think) is very stubborn.
I being an Aries am just straight pimp  [:D]Insert
But I dont think that it really affects us to the point where its making us argue in the forums here.
But then again who knows....
-Aries

shaman

You are right that this forum has also some stuff that should not be here. First I was insulted once by skymageinfinity who had Neo-Nazi arguments. I even left the forum for a while. Now that I am back I discover that some a talking about masturbation on the forum.

Where is the spirituality? Where is the level? How low can you go?

I hope we can all help to go up the slope and not let things go down.

Maybe, corvette, this should be addressed directly to the moderators and others who are responsible for the web site [?]

Gandalf

Now that I am back I discover that some a talking about masturbation on the forum.

Yeah, but that is taken out of context. The masturbation issue was a serious discussion especially how some people were concerned about the issue of masturbation, due to long term hang ups about it, especially due to christian dogma.

However, I agree that all the DBZ crap and demon war gobshite has got out of hand and seems to be the current obsession with the early teen band at present.

It never fails to amaze me the influence tv shows have on these guys, the whole dbz and demon war crud is influenced by japanese anime; the dbz crap has very little relation to real chi practice and rather gives us an indicator as to the extent that some people cant tell the difference between tv shows and reality.

My advice is simply to ignore such topics and wait for the fad to pass, which it will!

Regards,
Douglas
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

James S

I've said it before and I'll say it again,

BRING BACK ASTRO BOY!!!!

How many kids watched that and then went around with delusions of really being able to have their feet turn into rockets, have lasers in their fingers and machine guns in their butts!

Unfortunately there'll always be those for whom the line between fantasy and reality is a little too fuzzy to see.

James.

jc84corvette

What the heck is happening to this forum? A few weeks ago we were a peaceful community that have at least one interest in common, Astral Projection. This peace has been going on ever sense I joined these forums in July. So I am asking you NOT TO RIDICULE ANY ONE IN THIS POST OR IN ANY OTHER POST! Respect other people's feelings, thoughts, and theories.

I am aware of new-comers that are very young, early teens (13-15) that are using this forum.. You guys have to mature and stick to that plan or go to another forum. I'm also aware that there are preteens, and other teens here that act like mature adults. For that, I applaud you. I also applaud my self because I am 16 and I act much older

I am starting to think you are all a bunch of little kids because of your past post (you know who you are). So prove me wrong and prove to the forum moderators, the forum it self, and me that you are NOT little kids but mature adults. So let the other teens and me be a shinning example of how you should act.

I will leave you, fellow Astral Projectors with these two tips. I am sure most of you know of them.

1. If you agree with someone on his/her feelings or theories, then reply with a positive note.

2. If you do not agree with someone, it is imperative that you restrain your self from replying with negative feedback! You either leave positive feedback or none at all.