News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What the heck is "Grounding"

Previous topic - Next topic

Eol007

quote:
Originally posted by FistOfFury

I read this all the time, when people are talking about astral and energy work matters, and I still haven't figured out what this means. I asked what it means a long time ago in someone elses thread, but no one answered me :(

Just what the heck does it mean? Someone please tell me, it's driving me nuts! [xx(]

Earthed, balanced, centred ... and so on... Just simply being mindful of every day waking life...

Think common sense and responsibility to oneself! Why would one want to run round in an altered state all the time for instance? [;)]

S [:)]

FistOfFury

quote:
Originally posted by EOL007
Earthed, balanced, centred ... and so on... Just simply being mindful of every day waking life...

Now I'm confused even more lol, because I don't know what you mean by Earthed, balanced, and centred.

Eol007

quote:
Originally posted by FistOfFury

quote:
Originally posted by EOL007

Now I'm confused even more lol, because I don't know what you mean by Earthed, balanced, and centred.

One thinks a little bit of the proverbial Mick is been had here... LOL

Good luck to your inner search on this obviously deeply elusive and personal issue [;)]

S [:)]

Rastus

I use the phrase "centered" all the time and no one ever asks what I mean, I always assumed [;)]

For me, Centered means that my energies and chakras are balanced.  It doesn't mean open, or full of power, but everyhting has a natural symmetry to it.  If I'm not balanced then I can't do High-Energy work.  If I'm not balanced, then my mind is constantly distracted.  Think serenity, think in tune with your surroundings, think in tune with your metaphysical surroundings.

It's not some "higher" state, it's just a good "normal" state.

I've always thought of grounded as something similiar, but more in touch with the Earth.  Standing barefoot in a park on a warm sunny day and meditating is a great way to be well grounded.  I've always gone barefoot around the house and yard, so its sort of natural for me.  Lately, I find it much easier to draw power up from the earth when I'm barefoot.  Try drawing power up through the earth with your feet while drawing power from the air through your hands, makes for great vertigo [;)]
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Nagual

For me, being grounded can also mean "connected to the ground".
By example while doing Chi Kung, TaiChi, pushing-hands...
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Kane98969

you might want to try playful psychic if you want to learn how to ground/center.

http://www.psipog.net/activepsy/contents.html
Empty-handed I go, and behold the spade is in my hands;

I walk on foot, and yet on the back of an ox I am riding;

When I pass over the bridge,
Lo, the water floweth not, but the bridge doth flow.

atalanta

It can mean different things for me.  When I connect with someone psychically who is suffering something so that I become emotionally, empathically (spelling ?) connected to them, it takes me time to disconnect from them and become 'myself' again.  I tend to have to do things like go for a walk, spend time reading or being alone, fishing, etc.  Things away from connecting with people and connecting with people.

I also have a tendency to 'float', not only because I tend to be low in iron [;)] but I tend to spend a lot of time in altered states.  I don't meditate because I find it makes it worse, and if I do, I tend to meditate for short periods and when I come out of it, I will do things like wash my hands and feet, drink water, sit on the grass, etc.  It sort of clears the fuzziness from my head.

Generally, I think grounding is a term used to represent a state of returning to a more ordinary state of being.  MMMmmm...wonder if you could apply it to the person trying to recover from an alcohol binge the night before? [;)]

FistOfFury

lol ok, I think I understand now. Thanks for the replies, and any more is icing on the cake.

FistOfFury

I read this all the time, when people are talking about astral and energy work matters, and I still haven't figured out what this means. I asked what it means a long time ago in someone elses thread, but no one answered me :(

Just what the heck does it mean? Someone please tell me, it's driving me nuts! [xx(]