News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Can I make up my own Yoga? Help OBE's.

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralCody

Hey friends!

I saw a YouTube video on Yoga and it looks mostly the same to me. Stretching of the muscles, breathing, many different positions. The possibilities look endless. What do you think if I made my own yoga up and just kind of go along with it? All the youtube videos say "for begginers" But they are about an hour long and it's step by step. I am much better at just going with the flow. So if I made my own Yoga up each morning could it work the same? I am wondering if it would help my OBE's a bit too.  :-)

Xanth

There's really only so many poses one can "make up". 

But hey, give it a shot and see what you come up with. 

Bedeekin

If you have a deep understanding of musculature and can better hundreds of years of practice of the art then yes... fill your boots.

If I posted... "I watched a video on tai-chi... but it all looks the same to me.. kicking the legs out and moving in slow motion while creating strange shapes with the hands... Maybe I can make my own Tai-Chi up."

What would you say?

roman67

Ya, that is ok. But you can take some hints through these videos.

desert-rat

I think you will just be re naming a yoga move already used , or giving a new name to some thing close to your moves . If you have not already checked out Kundalini , its perty good .  One of many sites http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/   desert rat
p.s. breathing rite is a big part of yoga  

Stookie_

Like with meditation, if you just do what feels right to you, you may be missing out on some very important lessons, or give up because it's not comfortable (which yoga is far from being). In regards to astral projection, hatha yoga supposedly incorporates a lot beneficial practices, though an internet search brings up a lot of conflicting things about it. It's roots are esoteric in nature, but lately has been popularized more as health & fitness techniques (as most yoga is in the west).

Beero

your idea reminds me of some of the meta magick ideas phillip farber comes up with, have you looked at any of his books, especially mind magick, you might enjoy it

Stillwater

I don't see any harm in experimenting, if you do it safely.

You will discover some things for yourself that probably already existed someplace, but would have been hard for you to stumble on in readings.

I think the issue works both ways; you shouldn't let impatience stop you from exploring what is already written and well depicted and tempered; you can just take it in at your own pace, but by all means don't throw out all the books. If you said you want to fly a plane, but you want to learn by doing, would you think it was well advised? Surely there have to be some things in the books that make the task a little easier and a lot safer than jumping into the cockpit! But then with the yoga techniques, someone had to discover them... and they themselves were experimenting, so it can't be all bad.

So my advice is do both- find the time to educate yourself on what you are jumping into, and take a little time to tinker on the side.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Bedeekin

That's what I say... learn it properly first then tweak it to suit your own needs. Otherwise you will just be creating interesting poses. The stretches are designed a certain way so that they maximise.