News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What's your take on the whole concept of God?

Previous topic - Next topic

dpk38

Here's mine:

Just because creation exists, we tend to search for a creator. But creation can exist without a creator.

I believe that the entire outlook of God is quite misplaced. Growing up as children, we always had someone to look up to, somebody to shelter under. We even had teddy-bears or so, as companions when we felt alone. I say God is none other than such a teddy-bear figure for the grown-up. Something that helps us hold on through testing times.

However, I don't outrightly claim that the Gods we know never existed. I am only arguing regarding the meaning we have attached to this label "God" - the supreme creator, the source of all beings, etc.
I'd at most call the "Gods" we know, as "demi-gods". They have existed at a point in time. They probably still do (since they are most likely beyond our physical dimensions). But these demi-gods, as the name suggests, are not the end destination. They have helped raise our awareness. But we mistakenly began worshipping them instead.

So what is the end destination then? I don't think there is any. I believe creation just is. There's nothing more, nothing less. A false sense of "I" is built up within us. This sense of identification brings in duality. Only upon digging deeper into the question "Who am I?", we find answers to everything.

There's so much more to elaborate upon this. But there's a book out there that does a far better job at this (if you ever wanna check it out) - The Teachings of Ramana Maharishi. I'd call it "The only book you need to read if you're searching for the meaning of life." It delves into a very deeply rooted concept of existence, something we might find really hard to grasp at first since we have always clung to our egos throughout our lives. But if you even get the slightest hint of what's explained, your whole perspective undergoes a shift.
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

DarknChildlike

I think there is some sort of spiritual hierarchy that helps guide and keeps the flow of physical life in motion, so as to keep the evolution of and growth of the spiritual world growing in number and quality.

But beyond that, I believe there is many lifetimes to live as non physical disincarnate beings who's laws and own universe consists of everything that ever was and ever will be, perhaps, and that eventually we will all at one point in time become a part of that universe.

To be able to fathom what that may be like is akin to a speck of dust wondering what life forms are living on far flung planets and pondering quantum physics,.

I think that we are only one of many integral parts or perhaps we are even such a small portion of what's out there that we are basically non essential and what divine intervention we get is only what say one angel out of millions can budget out of a whole universe of problems in a case load,. And the spirits that do show when we ask to see and recieve intervention do so only out of the unconditional love they have for the living and pity that our truely poor Human conditioning allows so little in the way of gnosis by means of osmosis,. We are conditioned to believe everything is dead and not alive and they probably pity this,. Or maybe they only show up because they are forced to by contract to help show the way to anyone that can pass the tests and quests and give validation and hope through doing so,. Giving divine dreams out and portion inspiration,. Who knows,.

I'm still not sure how anything works but in one hand it sure seems like I'm being held by the hand and in the other hand it sure seems my own psyche is manifesting much of the help or lack there of that I perceive ,. What is god? Not sure, only thing I can be sure of is that within the light I stay and pray,. Contemplate the higher way.

DarknChildlike

Who is god? How shall we say? Better err on the side of love and light,.

I'm just giving examples of how diverse this idea could be who really knows,.

I think that through life we are given opportunities through trauma to learn and react pass tests and quest and therefore learn of gods love and given enough validation, just enough to only convince yourself so as not to take away others free will to believe what they wish,. If the proof of a certain afterlife is made apparent than I believe we wouldn't be as free any longer to believe anything we wish,. Still free just not as free,. It would limit spiritual growth and rig the afterlife. That's where you must have faith to live an afterlife you must believe it without physical proof, that you can live without a physical body,. no matter what you truely Believe in divinities/ religion wise,. We are given these opportunities to decide and then our afterlife begins,.

And beyond that, when we die we may reincarnate or go on to live another kind of life in the spirit world where everything is so different we just cannot say we have any effect or mean a ton of importance to them other than what people believe in life carried on through death,. That physical life is basically life with training wheels.

Edit:

What I'm trying to say is that, maybe this physical life is only the beginning and once we pass on to live a more mature after-life, life, as in living in the afterlife/spiritual world,. That maybe god is a much more personal thing with a face and a motive and maybe he or she or it is even approachable,. Maybe we are just getting ready here for what's to come,. Given a chance to mature our beliefs in what consensus reality we will fit in best for a comfy eternity, barring we reincarnate,.

Those of us that have lived many lives already may be very close to this,. Others whom believe in no afterlife, maybe they just never have one because they didn't use free will to will themselves a spirit,. I hope that's not the case,. Who knows,.

Lol I'll shut up now,. Sorry for rambling guys...

Carry on!!!

Nameless

I've fluctuated so many times on this subject throughout life and I still can not definitively answer this question for myself let alone anyone else. Just time I think I have a grasp something else comes along and blows my thinking apart.

But one think I think (at least currently) is that the whole concept of God is just that - a Concept.

These concepts help us in many ways just as (I think) DarknChildLike was getting at. That help isn't always rosy and kind and I dare say shouldn't be. One thing for sure these ideas and concepts have helped us create Archetypes which color everything. That whole concept of good versus evil etc etc. But the waters are muddy, on the other hand though without them how would we explain our world in a world where physical reality rules?

On one of LIghtBeam's threads (Current Events I believe) the topic is about recent experiences people are having. Both that topic and this one keep reminding me of a particular AP I had several months ago. I saw clouds moving across the sky in line. On each cloud sat or stood one Archetype, everyone from Jesus Christ to Mohammod, there were so many I couldn't even count them. One by one they marched across the sky gliding on pillow clouds just a few feet above the heads of the people on the ground. The people were obviously from all walks of life, countries, times and they chased the clouds with some jumping up to try and touch them. The feeling I had was these Archetypes were here to rescue those who would be rescued.

So I think what I am saying is that God as a concept in very important to our survival in this reality because we must learn to BELIEVE. What we believe is what we create or will one day and having a strong Belief Muscle is important. What's at the end I don't know but I highly suspect there is not end, we just keep learning and growing.

Hope I didn't muddy that up too bad.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

desert-rat

My image of God is consciousness and energy . The creative life force of the cosmos. The gray haired old man on the mountain from some believe systems never worked for me.  One of the mods of this forum has a very interesting post from a number of years back titled I asked tosee God .

funfire

Quote from: desert-rat on June 15, 2020, 20:11:51
The gray haired old man on the mountain from some believe systems never worked for me.  

when I was yonger that's the image adults drilled in my head, It's nice to know god's more than just some old man. seriously couldn't live with such a stubborn entity, my soul can't exsist with such a dominate masculine force. that's how it felt to me anyway back then.

desert-rat

I think a lot of people are tuned off by God because the image given by the major belief systems dont make scense .  This is that post on a astral visit to God by Lightbeam a few years ago.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/i_asked_to_see_god-t38258.0.html

LightBeam

Quote from: desert-rat on June 17, 2020, 17:30:30
I think a lot of people are tuned off by God because the image given by the major belief systems dont make scense .  This is that post on a astral visit to God by Lightbeam a few years ago.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/i_asked_to_see_god-t38258.0.html

Oh, thanks for posting it, desert-rat! Since then, during difficult times, I always imagine that place and its energy and I try to draw energy from it. To me God is All That Is, meaning absolutely everything and everyone. However, that essence that I observed is the core so to speak, where the power is most concentrated. From this essence all other individualized points of consciousness, characters, worlds, dimensions, etc were created and expanded outwards.

on a side note, many civilizations have considered visitors from space to be gods. However, in my opinion,ETs may have created our physical bodies in this physical world, but they are not God by any mean. they just happened to know how to manufacture physical beings, just like we can clone sheep and create hybrids of different plant and animal species. Same concept.  Our pure consciousness though I think comes from that essence that can not be dressed into a character. It's the parent of all characters and gave us opportunity for us to create all kinds of games on different levels to keep learning and expanding.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

desert-rat

On e.t. creating our bodies . In Robert Monroe's second book he writes of have been given some info on how all life on Earth was created to create loosh . As the story goes , loosh is giving off by all life during the life death struggle . In Monroe's words , like the milk cow . You need to have read his books to fully understand , and I think he dismissed the idea later for his third book.

Nameless

Thanks for posting the link desert-rat. LightBeam tends to be very special and I really enjoyed reading her experience and think she perhaps has the best outlook on the topic question here.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.