News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Where do you all get your avatars?

Previous topic - Next topic

RTCovenant

Hello everyone,

I've been browsing this forum for a couple of weeks now and I finally decided to register. When browsing through topics and posts and the like, I have come across some very cool looking avatars. I normally find good places to find avatars, but not ones that relate to this forum.

So what site do most of you guys visit to find these neat avatars?
And if your an expert, how do you make those neat avatars?

Thanks everyone,
RTCovenant
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

Jenia_San

Mines a spathi (alien) from a game...my avvy is his eye...animated :P
however,I thought up my own,and I think avatars come from owns taste,not "general coolness".
My single,enternal wish...is to be truely free.

Logic

The album cover for Lateralus by Tool.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

LittleNinja

I am by no means an expert, but i can make my own avatar.  Basically all you need is a picture that you like (you can create them or find them from somewhere) and an editing program (such as Adobe Photoshop). Next, you just need to understand the shrinking, resizing, and cutting concept from that particular image editing program, and you're all set.  

Steps:
1) Start out by choosing what part of the picture you want to have on your avatar (or you can have the full picture as your avatar, and you just need to shrink the image to 64 by 64 pixels).

2)Then boxed the area you want, adjust it to your liking, crop the image, and then resize it to 64 by 64 pixels.  *It is very crucial to set it to 64 by 64 pixels because I think that is the accepted size for an avatar on this site.  Anything larger may get rejected.

I hope that helped a little. :?  :D

Love & Peace
w/ LittleNinja

Ps.  As for those moving or animated avatars, well...... i still need to learn how to make those .gif files, so i can't help you on those.

no_leaf_clover

If you want to make an animated .gif, save the individual frames as .gif's then load them, in order, into this program:

http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

The program's free and very small (19.5k). It's the simplest way of animating I'm aware of.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Sparkwielder

I took some copper tubing, and bent it into a 2' diameter circle, and suspended it from the ceiling with fishing line. I connected this to earth ground, and ran a suspended wire from my Tesla Coil to the middle of the grounded loop, turned out the lights, and let her riiiiiiiiip!
In Photo Shop; I edited out the wires, and added the trippy colors around the edges which came from another arc discharge photo.

Now if only I was a musician, I would have a really cool album cover.

Now you know why I am "Sparkweilder"! It has nothing to with metaphysics  :)

Nay

THAT as got to be the coolest thing I've heard, and seen in a long time!  You know you could do some neat things in a studio...

Wow, from one artist to the next!

Nay

Rob

Whoa Sparky that ROCKS!! Gotta be the coolest avatar here in that case

with mine, it took me ages of stumbling around the net to find a piccy I could cut out, edit and use as avatar. Months, if I remember right.

Rob
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Sparkwielder

Thanks for the compliments!

I just take real photos, and fiddle with them, but I really admire folks that can just create awesome stuff out of nothing to start with except imagination, or good memory recall. I was just reading a post from someone who paints scenes from lucid dreams. That has got to be some awesome stuff!

RTCovenant

Yes, that is a pretty cool avatar spark. Thanks for all the links everyone, I'll look for one this weekend.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

coolbreeze

QuoteNow if only I was a musician, I would have a really cool album cover.

If I ever make it "big time" I'll call you!!!!

I love anime and there's this site (www.mad-sky.com/avatar) for good anime avatars.

Nay

QuoteI was just reading a post from someone who paints scenes from lucid dreams. That has got to be some awesome stuff!

I don't think you are speaking of me, but I drew a picture from a dream

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=84274475&photoID=84275549&security=MIaynx

I've mentioned it before and it was when I had a dream of...obviously pulling worms out of my hand.  I later had a dream of scorpions coming out instead.  
Have no idea what it means..well..sorta don't...  ;)

Take Care,
Nay

RTCovenant

Hmm. I found a nice avatar and I enjoy it. Thanks for the link again everyone!

Sparkwielder

Nay:

OMG that must have been awful!
I had a dream 9 years ago that my chest was full of worms! :shock: And I remember how that made me feel. Especially since none of the doctors, or my friends that I visited in the dream could help me. I titled it "Hopeless". I felt terrible even after I woke up, and realized it was all a dream.

Here is where the general public can find your photo by the way: http://community.webshots.com/photo/84274475/84275549MIaynx

I am a Webshots user, so I was able to troubleshoot your link.

Nice work BTW!