News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Where to get some quality salvia

Previous topic - Next topic

FEMMSTARR

Quote from: knucklebrain1970.

I'm basically going to use this for meditation enhancement. I meditate daily and I just sit and nothing happens. I can't focus and I can never sit still. It's so frign hard for me to relax. So the next best thing for me to do is resort to drugs. So be it.

So I'm going to experiment with Salvia. If that doesn't work, I'll try something else. Now I'm not looking for green men from Mars. Just the ability to focus a little better.

Salvia, what do you think? I've also heard of another plant called
Kratom. Anybody have any luck with that?

I regret to try to resort to having to use drugs to focus and perhaps have an OBE, however I am frustrated with not being able to progress. It's been months and months of practice and I still can't relax well.

Kevin
I dont regret using drugs .................I havent been hurt by them and I have been moderate I am not an addict and smoke a little a couple of times a month nothing drastic

oh yes I do have some morning glory seed the flying saucers variety I am going to try out when I get some time off from work will let you know what happens

FEMMSTARR

Quote from: Souljah333oh man, if you can't handle a hit of pot...i'm not sure about salvia?!?
here's a link though http://www.sagewisdom.org/salviashop.html
also check out http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml.

have you tried shrums bcuz that would be more gentle at first. maybe a tea of valerian, dream herb, chamomile, etc. you can't go around all day gulping down cokes or coffee, chocolate bars and the like, and then try to meditate (not saying that thats what you're doing).

all the power to ya. :wink:

well now that is exactly what I do lol and I can still meditate but I am not the least bit hyper either I am hypo thyroid so I need the chocolate
I need the chocolate oh wait I already said that
btw I like your website was gonna sign your guest book but I didnt see a place to do it  :D

FEMMSTARR

Quote from: FEMMSTARR
Quote from: Souljah333oh man, if you can't handle a hit of pot...i'm not sure about salvia?!?
here's a link though http://www.sagewisdom.org/salviashop.html
also check out http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml.

have you tried shrums bcuz that would be more gentle at first. maybe a tea of valerian, dream herb, chamomile, etc. you can't go around all day gulping down cokes or coffee, chocolate bars and the like, and then try to meditate (not saying that thats what you're doing).

all the power to ya. :wink:

oh yeah dont believe what folks write about salvia making you trip
I still have a ton of that excrement and it aint no good

Time Traveler

I have been using Salvia for a month. I prefer not to smoke so I have been using the quid method. You hydrate dry leaves and then chew them. The first 4 to 5 times I didn't feel a thing. It apparently takes time to get results for some people. I have heard that it has a reverse tolerance. Meaning the more times you us it the less you need to get the desired effects I chew about 3 sets of leaves in about 30 minutes then lay down and close my eyes and I feel like I just drift away. For me it takes only seconds to get to the deep meditative state that takes 1/2 hour without salvia. I have only used raw leaf and very low dosage. I got my leaf from www.iamshaman.com and I have heard that www.mazatecgarden.com has some of the best salvia. I also recently joined a forum that is exclusively about Salvia Divinorum. It is very informative an I highly recommend it. You can find it at www.entheology.org.

Souljah333

LOL...yeah...i'm nowhere near hyper either. gotta love those chocolate highs and crashes :? .  i'm the type of person that can down a couple esspresso and go to sleep. thanx for the thing about the website. god it was ages ago when i threw that together...someday i got go work all that out. i don't know where anything is in there, but thanks.

ps has any tried the dream herb ever?!?
NEW (again) MYSTICMYSFITS.COM

Time Traveler

Quoteps has any tried the dream herb ever?!?

If you are talking about Calea Zacatechichi, I have once. I made some tea with it. It's one of the worst things I have ever tasted.

FEMMSTARR

Quote from: Time TravelerI have been using Salvia for a month. I prefer not to smoke so I have been using the quid method. You hydrate dry leaves and then chew them. The first 4 to 5 times I didn't feel a thing. It apparently takes time to get results for some people. I have heard that it has a reverse tolerance. Meaning the more times you us it the less you need to get the desired effects I chew about 3 sets of leaves in about 30 minutes then lay down and close my eyes and I feel like I just drift away. For me it takes only seconds to get to the deep meditative state that takes 1/2 hour without salvia. I have only used raw leaf and very low dosage. I got my leaf from www.iamshaman.com and I have heard that www.mazatecgarden.com has some of the best salvia. I also recently joined a forum that is exclusively about Salvia Divinorum. It is very informative an I highly recommend it. You can find it at www.entheology.org.

I got mine from the same place you did and it wasnt worth my time or money / I promise not a thing and I did it evey way you could
the smoke the chew the tea and forget it waste of time for me

FEMMSTARR

Quote from: Souljah333LOL...yeah...i'm nowhere near hyper either. gotta love those chocolate highs and crashes :? .  i'm the type of person that can down a couple esspresso and go to sleep. thanx for the thing about the website. god it was ages ago when i threw that together...someday i got go work all that out. i don't know where anything is in there, but thanks.

ps has any tried the dream herb ever?!?

I havent heard of it which herb is it?

zebedee

I still have a ton of that [edit] and it aint no good

some people it doesnt work on , or it takes ages to kick in , or possibly its a set and setting problem ... i smoked it the first few times without a torch lighter and it didnt work , then again in a light room and it didnt work (well i just felt a lil hot and a bit of the back and to the left pull) then a bong of 5x salvia with a torch lighter in a dark room whilst relaxed and B00M! gone ... felt myself merge with my bed/wall and enjoyed total weirdness with almost total ego death for about 5 minutes ... 2nd time semi breakthrough experience and had entities sat talking to me in the darkness whilst my whole world became a long undulating white line.

it does work its just sometimes it takes patience sometimes its subtle , other times its as subtle as a frag grenade

Souljah333

NEW (again) MYSTICMYSFITS.COM

FEMMSTARR

Quote from: zebedee
I still have a ton of that [edit] and it aint no good

(well i just felt a lil hot and a bit of the back and to the left pull) then a bong of 5x salvia with a torch lighter in a dark room whilst relaxed and B00M! gone ... felt myself merge with my bed/wall and enjoyed total weirdness with almost total ego death for about 5 minutes ... 2nd time semi breakthrough experience and had entities sat talking to me in the darkness whilst my whole world became a long undulating white line.

it does work its just sometimes it takes patience sometimes its subtle , other times its as subtle as a frag grenade
OK  I used a torch lighter and a crack pipe and the 5 x and smoke the whole sack I had and it aint worth excrement I promise you

Gandalf

Interesting.. While I think such drugs can allow for quick and easy access to altered states, enabling people to experience focus2 (and in some case f3) it is far too uncontrolled and will open the user to experiences that they may not be ready for, resulting in all kinds of 'bad trips'. They open the mind to 'broadband' wider reality, all at once in a mind more used to 'narrowband' reality (or 'dial-up reality'   :wink: ) ....bad idea in my opinon.

I think the mental training process involved in trying to reach such states naturally is essential.

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

The Present Moment

Quote from: knucklebrain1970first off, I'd rather not hear of anyone that has to tell me to stay straight to meditate or obe. With me, it just doesn't work. I know those are defeatist thoughts and I don't like to sound that way. However after months and months of practice I just figure I'm one of those people that just can't relax and focus.
Have you tried all the various methods of meditating? I practice Theravadan Buddhist meditation, which is the only method that has ever worked for me.

Rob

HHmm, tried Salvia up to *6 in a mini bong, didn't do a lot (or indeed anything), but then some drugs are very ephemeral like that - that can take you quantum leaps forward in mind/body/spirit state, or they can do diddly-squat. Seen the same with mushrooms a number of times. I've also noticed that the more shamanic substances often appear inherantly to act in this way. Sooo basically, IMO the experience you get from a drug will depend on: Your own mental state, how you approach the experience and the plant, and your pre-existing level of development, and simple physical factors. I've been to some amazing areas of the mind while people who have taken the same as me go nowhere because they have no pre-existing natural knowledge or appreciation for those zones, and perhaps they didn't know how to approach the plant (it is giving of itself so try to be respectful!). Often, I think the plant will not introduce you to what you are not ready for, unless you ask for it somehow.... Probably :)
Have heard the negative-tolerance thing before, interesting, some hippy once said to me that your body has to get used to it. Oh yeah and burning substances does totally change and mess up that substances energies.
my 2p!
Rob
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

knucklebrain1970

You guys ever try Kratom? I got some of that.  :shock:
Bought 30g of the stuff. First night, I mixed 2g Kratom resin with 100ml boiling water. Result = nothing.

Second Night. Mixed 3g Kratom resin with 100ml of boiling water. Result=mild buzz.

Third night. Mixed 5g Kratom resin with 100ml of boiling water.
Result=mild coma :lol: :shock:

I can see that if one is not careful with Kratom, it could result in a problem. I noticed after doing it 3 days in a row, even though I didn't get buzzed the first 2 nights that on the fourth night, which I did not take any, I was very angry for no reason. This stuff works. It gives you a opiate type of buzz and can easily induce the mind awake body asleep.

However I am going to reserve this stuff only for once on the weekend.

As for all the peeps that say "this doesn't work" "that doesn't work"

A lot of times stuff affects people differently. Many are quick to say "this sucks, don't do it"

I myself have to do stuff a couple times to notice an affect. Kratom resin was no different. Word to the wise though. The Kratom resin tea is the most horrible stuff I've ever injested. I gave some to my brother in law and I laughed for a 1/2 hour just from the look on his face as he was trying to get this tea into his stomach. Kratom = good stuff.

Now I have some 5x Salvia leaves, and I have 2oz. of this hardcore tincture stuff too. I will try it 1 drop at a time as I tend to be on the anxious side. So I'm not looking to go to Mars. I am simply looking to bump up the meditations a notch. So in order for me not to have a panic attack, I'm going real slow with this stuff. I guess this is the most hard cors Salvia there is. Purchased from Sage Wisdom.

SAGE GODDESS EMERALD ESSENCE is an extraordinary potion of enchantment. One of the finest Salvia divinorum preparations ever created, it engenders profound experiences that enrich and nurture mind and spirit. As a tool for exploring the psyche it can provide access to fresh, often startling, insights into the nature of consciousness, reality, perception, and the fundamental mysteries of existence.

I wish I had some balls to knock down a full dropper :lol:

Kevin
BUDDHAHOOD - THE END OF SUFFERING

Rob

Edit: OOps strange comment I need to clarify!! "Often, I think the plant will not introduce you to what you are not ready for, unless you ask for it somehow.... Probably :)" - I say this only because I have a friend who took mushtooms and went into a heavy depression. He's since come out of it and has learn a lot from it. But he mentioned recently that he wanted the mushrooms to help him release his insecurities (in the long run). In retrospect, be careful what you ask for :p - he seems much more "free" these days certainly. Maybe thats what happens when you go further than you are capable of handling - what you get comes with a high price tag. But I wonder how many other people have some sort of hidden death wish, or some belief that they are worthless etc, and then take some psychoactive plant which makes them what they believe they are, and they can never get over it or the experience just makes them snap. Its an interesting thought anyway, but I aint no doctor!

Oh on the salvia topic - I've heard some insane stories. Its powerful stuff, and people dont always like the experience it gives them. Its not a "getting high" drug in any way shape or form - so if you try it, go like Kevin and take it very slowly! For your own good :)
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Dartan

I just came across this today.  It might be worth a try, plus no drugs involved!

http://www.10111.org/dreamachine/

Agntneo

Alright first of all, Salvia .. Also known as Salvia Divinorum is a drug.
Just because it's not scheduled doesn't mean a drug.
Hell, even Caffeine is a drug... and it's legal.

I would not recommend trying Salvia, first of all it's not a meditation aid. It's a hallucinogen.
Second, for all we know it can be brain damaging.
Although there are very interesting aspects of Salvia.
For example: There are no other drugs like it, and that it works on the same receptors that opiates use.

Pot hasn't really done anyone anything harmful, I'm not saying it's not harmful though.
Think about it, there are very little people that have died of Cannabis, if any?!?

There are over 2000 people a year that die from OTC (Over The Counter) drugs every year, and this is just in the US.

There are alot of non scheduled drugs that are legal or "semi-legal" in the US, and the drugs we are talking about are either research chemicals or poisonous drugs like Datura.

I'd stay away from everything except from Pot.
I hardly smoke pot, but when I do I like it and enjoy it.
I do it like once every 3 months, I'm a busy man so I can't find time for it all the time.
People Can Fly

shedt

I've tried Salvia a couple times, i had one experence where my reality shifted and there were two women, a older one and a younger one discussing my life, but in a way that they were also experiencing my life...... it was really strange.

i have to say that doing qi gong while on salvia is really interesting. it seemed to effect the passage of time for me too.