News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Who here like me loves only one kind of music.............

Previous topic - Next topic

BadCookie

"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

MisterJingo

Quote from: BadCookie on August 16, 2006, 18:08:04
Trance Music :evil:

Trance was my first love for a very long time, I still hold it in high regard - especially psy/goa trance. I've always liked all other genres though, trance just edged ahead for a while.

BadCookie

Quote from: MisterJingo on August 16, 2006, 18:23:00
Trance was my first love for a very long time, I still hold it in high regard - especially psy/goa trance. I've always liked all other genres though, trance just edged ahead for a while.
ALL forms of Techno are godly :-)
"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

WalkerInTheWoods

So if you don't mind me showing my ignorance, what is Trance Music?

I personally like all kinds of music. It depends on my mood, or what mood I want to put myself into.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Sadd-e Eskandar

It's the kind of music where you hear the same beat or sound(or several basic sounds) over and over for the duration of several minutes.

I fell in love with Classical Music.

BadCookie

Quote from: WalkerInTheWoods on August 16, 2006, 19:43:35
So if you don't mind me showing my ignorance, what is Trance Music?

I personally like all kinds of music. It depends on my mood, or what mood I want to put myself into.
LOL go to this web site click Trance or voical trance and tell me what you think...      DI.fm

BadCookie

Quote from: Sadd-e Eskandar on August 16, 2006, 21:50:39
It's the kind of music where you hear the same beat or sound(or several basic sounds) over and over for the duration of several minutes.

:x You are ignorant good Trance is epic and helps you vibrate faster  :evil:

MisterJingo

Quote from: Sadd-e Eskandar on August 16, 2006, 21:50:39

Thats not trance. To quote a definition:

Perhaps the most ambiguous genre of dance music, trance could be described as a melodic, more or less freeform style of music, partially derived from house. While there is no strict definition for trance, songs of this genre are usually characterized as being accessible and having anthemic and epic and rifting and psychedelic qualities. Using that as a starting point, a basic trance track could then be described as being comprised of a particular melodic or vocal hook which is given presence over a bassline, a drum pattern, which often includes snare or kick drum rolls to mark important moments, and perhaps one or two other semi-quantified aural elements to provide texture and enhance the rhythm. However, not all trance fits that profile, and often times a song's classification as trance has just as much to do with who is playing it as what it sounds like.

The best way to generally describe the trance genre is that of dance music based around rifts and anthems, which can be either highly energetic or very chilled out. Trance tracks often intermix major and minor chords to create "epic" sounding, similar to classical organ music. Most trance is built around the 4/4 beat, and a lot of trance can be very uplifting. Uptempo, uplifting and often euphoric energetic synthesized sounds pumped by a beat and massive hooks, often with long breakdowns building slowly to create a tension and expectancy on the dance floor. Often with driving off-the-beat basslines and utilizing major and minor chords in sequence, trance tracks can take a central epic form of commercial trance or the form of one of several sub-genres including Euro (Epic) Trance, Goa (Psychedelic, Psy) trance, Hard Trance, and Progressive Trance.

One thing to consider about trance is that the environment can be as important as the music, its a total sensory experience shared by good friends. It's also a genre which ranges from the mainstream to the outright experimental - Shpongle are a good example of this.

Link here:

http://www.moodbook.com/music/trance.html

WalkerInTheWoods

Quote from: BadCookie on August 16, 2006, 23:24:16
LOL go to this web site click Trance or voical trance and tell me what you think...      DI.fm

Thanks, but you didn't post the web site.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

BadCookie

SpeaK

Quote from: MisterJingo on August 16, 2006, 18:23:00

Glad to find someone else hear who listens to goa/psy. =)

So yeah umm, I like some subgenres of trance, but boy do I hate the most commercial ones, like eurotrance and such. To me, they're basically trying to achieve the same thing that pop music does, only with a different method. (different sounds and structure)

And once again, I understand if people like eurotrance and such, it's just not for me.

MisterJingo

Glad to find someone else hear who listens to goa/psy. =)

I used to be quite heavily into the goa/psy scene :). I've got a lot of good memories from that time  :-D.

I'm perhaps ashamed to admit it, I found some Eurotrance not 'too' bad. I think this has its roots in a lot of clubs playing it around the time I went to university, so it got merged into a general feeling of good times  :-D.

Edit: Just to add, if anyone ever wants to check this stuff out. Some of the more accessible goa trance can be found on the album "classical mushroom" by "Infected Mushroom". That CD is a work of art, fusing classical sounds and goa :D

Stillwater

Hmm, I think I get my genres mixed up, as the forms of techno overlap like a venn-diagram for me (as I think they do in definition); I have always like Tiesto and Oakenfold- I think they qualify as "trance" for some :-P.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic