News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Why do people call Ep's Ap's?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidityman

Hi

I keep seeing over all those years people are trying to obe yet they call it ap. From what I gathered a Ep is when you slide of your bed onto the floor, stand up and walk around or fly around your living room. Ap to me is when you just stand their and go..wow look at all the colors..then sundenly you look at a tree in the distance and instantly you are their. That is ap to me. In the ep I can look at a tree till the face turn blue and wont go their on thought.

So I think the first step for new people is to call what you want to do the correct term because when people do ep methods to exit and call it ap. It becomes confusing to answer because you don't know what the person is trying to.

BKR1974

it's ether the fact of not a lot of knowledge or people not caring about labels for me it's both

Xanth

I just call any experience you have in a reality which you identify as not being this physical reality... a Projection.  It cuts out all of the "loaded" terms most people come here pre-loaded with.  LoL

I even refer to this physical reality experience as a projection.

Shugi Shugi

Lucidityman

LightBeam

Quote from: Lucidityman on January 18, 2015, 18:54:27
In the ep I can look at a tree till the face turn blue and wont go their on thought.

Why not? If you believe you can't, then your own thoughts will be the blocking element. This is what many people don't understand. I have never had problems altering the environment and teleporting myself whether I am in my room, or a higher frequency reality. That is because I believe I can. There are many other factors about the degree of energy manipulation of course, but in general your beliefs and intent are the driving forces. There is no such a law if you will that will prevent you from going anywhere or doing anything, but your beliefs.
Also, there is no difference between being non physically in your room astral environment, or someplace else. It's all a  non physical experience. Don't use too many labels, because they will only limit you.  I use categories to differentiate between significantly different occurrences, but overall try not to create subcategories for insignificant differences.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Stillwater

QuoteI just call any experience you have in a reality which you identify as not being this physical reality... a Projection.

Yes, same. To me, the other words just introduce more convoluted mysticism into it. The experience is flooring as it is. The problem with getting any more specific than that is that no one agrees what any of those other words actually mean.

Imagine if there were ten definitions of the word "horse", and everyone in your language randomly chose one of the ten. Would using the word really be effective if it could mean "house", or "snake", or "rock", or "ambulance"? You could figure it out by context in some cases, but in others, you would want to be damn sure which of those definitions you wanted to convey at the time.

So I like to avoid the terms all together, because they carry that baggage with them, and mean different things in different world views.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Bert23

Shugi Shugi

Quote from: Lucidityman on February 01, 2015, 19:58:11
Hi

Ep  Ethreal Projection
Hi yourself!

What is Etheral projection? How it is different from Astral projection?

desert-rat

To me o.b.e. and a.p. are the same , but it really deponds on who you you ask .  Robert Monroe liked o.b.e. he said a.p. sounded to ocult ish . 

Shugi Shugi

As I understand it OBE is different in a way that you may not be projecting consciously, like maybe you died or something. While in AP you are projecting consciously in astral. While in OBE you might end up somewhere else, not only astral plane. So AP is always OBE but OBE may not always be AP.

I don't know. At least that's how I understand the difference, correct me if I'm wrong... ^^

desert-rat

On thinking of this a bit , astral projection would imply conscious intent , where out of body experence would also include any thing by accdent .     On dieing and coming back thats a N.D.E.

Xanth

I leave all of those terms out... there are too many terms and they all mean different things to different people.  This makes it too confusing.

Basically... anytime you're experiencing a reality which you identify as not being this physical reality, then you're projecting.  Simple, eh?
What matters most is "how aware you are during those experiences".  I say "how aware" compared to your current waking awareness.  The goal is to experience the non-physical with the same awareness you have right now.  If you've ever experienced that (regardless of what you've arbitrarily labelled it [ie: lucid dream, astral projection]) then you've projected.

Realize that this makes a "dream" a non-physical projection experience where you simply don't realize you're projecting.  That makes the term "dream", as something that doesn't exist.

Shugi Shugi

I suppose (over?)simplifying things has it's benefits. But all the complicated stuff is still a fun part of learning process. I personally like to brake things down in pieces, makes it all more manageable and understandable. I mean, if you call everything a projection then lots of confusion might occur. It might get confusing which projection and type of experience you mean. I think that's why we need those different terms.

Xanth

Quote from: Shugi Shugi on February 02, 2015, 18:12:56
I suppose (over?)simplifying things has it's benefits. But all the complicated stuff is still a fun part of learning process. I personally like to brake things down in pieces, makes it all more manageable and understandable. I mean, if you call everything a projection then lots of confusion might occur. It might get confusing which projection and type of experience you mean. I think that's why we need those different terms.
That's just it.  There is no "breaking things down".  The labels people use, the neat little boxes they love to put their experiences in... don't exist.  None of them. 
Dreams, lucid dreams, astral projections, obes... all meaningless labels. 

It's not "over simplifying" anything, because this is just how it is.  Life and everything you experience is a projection.  There's no breaking things down any further than that really.  Your consciousness is ALWAYS projected.  You're projecting your consciousness into this physical reality right this very second in order to read the words I'm typing.  When you fall asleep at night and "dream" you're projecting your consciousness there.  There isn't a point within your entire experience of experiencing that you aren't projecting.  To experience is to project.  In the end, all you're trying to do is experience from a different perspective.  Nothing more.  You can't break it down any further than that.  If you're experiencing, you're projecting.

What I talk about is only confusing to those who refuse to let go of old paradigms/beliefs.  It's only confusing to people who absolutely refuse to let go of the labels.  Do that... for even a second, and you'll see.

Shugi Shugi

I understand what you are saying. But all those labels are just a names for different perspectives then? Aren't they? So even if everything is projection not everything is same perspective or that projection. We still have to name them somehow so we would know about which perspective we are talking about. Would't that make them not useless? Cos we have to navigate somehow in our minds and communicate with each other our thoughts. Isn't that a useful tool - words? Doesn't seem useless to me.

I guess if we go where you are going even further then you might say calling a table "a table" is useless and meaningless term, because table doesn't really exist. But we still experience it, even if just subjectively, so we have to name it somehow. Because if it's in our experience it exists for us, doesn't it?

Xanth

Quote from: Shugi Shugi on February 02, 2015, 20:43:39
I understand what you are saying. But all those labels are just a names for different perspectives then? Aren't they? So even if everything is projection not everything is same perspective or that projection. We still have to name them somehow so we would know about which perspective we are talking about. Would't that make them not useless? Cos we have to navigate somehow in our minds and communicate with each other our thoughts. Isn't that a useful tool - words? Doesn't seem useless to me.
They're not different perspectives.  They're arbitrary labels given to experiences people believe are completely separate and distinct.  
They're experiences that don't exist.

For example, you don't have dreams.  You've never in your entire existence of experiencing had what we humans call a "dream".  Why?  Because it simply doesn't exist.  
Likewise for "lucid dreams", "astral projections" and "obes".  To continue to use the labels, to continue to search for those experiences within your own experiences, you're essentially searching for something that can never be found.  

Now, don't get me wrong... if you're REALLY wanting to continue that search, please go right ahead.  I stubbornly attempted the search myself too... for a very long time, before I woke up to the truth.
I'd love it if people learned from my mistakes (that's why I continue to post and help people), but I also realize that sometimes you have to make your own mistakes in order to grow.  

QuoteI guess if we go where you are going even further then you might say calling a table "a table" is useless and meaningless term, because table doesn't really exist. But we still experience it, even if just subjectively, so we have to name it somehow. Because if it's in our experience it exists for us, doesn't it?
You're confusing aspects contained within this physical reality experience with things outside of it.
The "table" is part of this physical reality experience.  It's within the scope of this experience.  So we can safely call it that as long as we agree on that word.
A "dream" isn't part of this physical reality experience.  That's not to say it's "outside" it either though... it gets difficult at this point.  LoL

desert-rat

To para phrase Dic k Sutphen , ever ones astral projection , or past life regression will be different .  This is def. by John Rogers on the az new age web site .  (alpha book store Phoenix )
http://www.aznewage.com/astral_travel.htm   

soarin12

Here is an example of why I stay away from the labels.  The word "lucid dream" has all these different definitions to different people.

A lucid projection that is induced from a dream state

A lucid projection in which the content is "imaginary"

A projection in which you are aware you are dreaming but do not have "full" lucidity

A lucid projection that is induced from either a dream state or a conscious state but is "imaginary" - as opposed to the coveted OBE which is "real"  (not true, BTW.  If you look at your lucid dreams as being

imaginary you will be equally disappointed with your OBEs.  Maybe not at first - It takes several OBEs  for people to realize this, but you are not seeing the physical world, you are seeing a copy.  And this copy very rarely shows you what is actually going on in the physical world.  My proof? - Hundreds of my own OBEs plus book after book and thousands of forum members who can't give me any better odds of physical world validations than my own.)  Also, in an OBE you are not "out of body" any more than you are in a lucid dream.  The exit absolutely makes you FEEL like you are, but once "out" you will realize one state feels just as  "out of your body" or "real" as the other.

So with all the different definitions people use plus very little practical reason to distinguish between OBE and lucid dream, I just call them all projections and leave it at that.  When people use the different labels, you usually have to guess at their personal meaning for said label and it gets to be sooo tiring.  :|

Xanth

Oh Soarin!!  That's actually a great idea!

We need a thread where we put all of these "thoughts" together!
A thread where we list everything everyone thinks is related to, say, a "lucid dream".
You've already got a good list to start with.  :)

I'll get to this later if someone else doesn't first.  :)

Shugi Shugi

Quote from: Xanth on February 02, 2015, 21:12:15
They're not different perspectives.  They're arbitrary labels given to experiences people believe are completely separate and distinct.  
They're experiences that don't exist.

For example, you don't have dreams.  You've never in your entire existence of experiencing had what we humans call a "dream".  Why?  Because it simply doesn't exist.  
I don't get it...

How come AP or lucid dreams don't exist? Not even perspective or experience of them? I had one last nigh. I experienced it. And now you are saying that experience did not exist. How came I had it then?

I thought if anything would exist in this world at all it should be an experience. But now you say it's not either. Do you think anything exists at all then?

I know I'm here. I'm experiencing myself. Or are you gonna say that I am not actually here conscious at this moment and I don't exist either? If so, then what the hell man? Lol.

desert-rat

Quote from: Shugi Shugi on February 03, 2015, 14:46:08
I don't get it...

How come AP or lucid dreams don't exist? Not even perspective or experience of them? I had one last nigh. I experienced it. And now you are saying that experience did not exist. How came I had it then?

I thought if anything would exist in this world at all it should be an experience. But now you say it's not either. Do you think anything exists at all then?

I know I'm here. I'm experiencing myself. Or are you gonna say that I am not actually here conscious at this moment and I don't exist either? If so, then what the hell man? Lol.

All Xanth is stating is that our experence is with in our belief system .   One person has a N.D.E and visits heaven , the next guy sees hell .  I will assume that English is not your first lang.   The message might be lost in the translation .   

Shugi Shugi

Quote from: desert-rat on February 03, 2015, 15:32:55
All Xanth is stating is that our experence is with in our belief system .   One person has a N.D.E and visits heaven , the next guy sees hell .  I will assume that English is not your first lang.   The message might be lost in the translation .   
Ok but that IS perspective and that IS experience then, isn't it? He says there are no experience and perspective at all... :/

soarin12

Quote from: Xanth on February 03, 2015, 13:08:20
Oh Soarin!!  That's actually a great idea!

We need a thread where we put all of these "thoughts" together!
A thread where we list everything everyone thinks is related to, say, a "lucid dream".
You've already got a good list to start with.  :)

I'll get to this later if someone else doesn't first.  :)

Love it!  :-)

Xanth

Quote from: Shugi Shugi on February 03, 2015, 15:50:49
Ok but that IS perspective and that IS experience then, isn't it? He says there are no experience and perspective at all... :/
Let me say that I'm providing you this information and it's based upon MY experience with reality & consciousness.  It's part of MY perspective.
I enjoy sharing this knowledge with anyone willing to listen. 

I don't say this to anger or be mean, but some people are just simply not ready to open themselves up beyond that which they already know.  I can only nudge you along so far until you either allow yourself to fall off the cliff, or you retreat back to safer grounds.  That's how I perceive my job as a guide here.

It took me over 10 years to have my own experiences... and it took me a bit longer after that to realize that my experiences didn't "fit" into the neat boxes (the labels) that others were using.  I kept having experiences and I kept trying to put them into the boxes of "lucid dream" & "astral projection", but it was like putting a square peg into a round hole... it just wasn't happening. 
What I had to do was to empty my mind of everything I had "learned" before (we're talking about a lot of stuff, over 10 years worth) I was really able to analyze my experiences with no bias.  THAT is when I began seeing patterns emerge.  THAT is when I started putting the puzzle pieces together and realized that the labels that people use didn't even remotely fit my experiences... but it was more than that, the labels themselves were horribly wrong and inaccurate.  For decades people have been looking for experiences that simply don't exist.

My perspective has literally snowballed and changed so greatly from when I had my first experience, I don't even view this physical reality in the same way.  It's a much larger perspective that brings it all together for me.  It's like waking up from a dream, only while still awake. 

So why do I continue to share my perspective even though most people have to do their own waking?  Because someone out there is standing on the precipice... ready to fall forward and they might just need a single nudge.  That's why I'm here.  To provide that nudge.

I think I went off on a strange tangent there... sorry.  LOL

To bring this back around... saying you had a "dream", is like saying that rainbow you're looking at really exists.  It's obvious, only until you start to look into what each of those things really are.  :)