News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

why is techno/trance music so uplifting?

Previous topic - Next topic

tenshi_R

can anyone explain why this type of music is so full of energy and it makes you like a recharged battery.

every time I head a badass track I get chills on my back when the buildup starts and I get that feeling like when I was a kid.

it just brings so much energy (im not talking about radio pop music) I mean real trance music that is played at night clubs by good djs

I feel free if I was to put it in short but for few minutes while the track is playing...

Xanth

Intent

The Intent behind why you listen to it.

It does nothing for me. lol

It's why you can use ANY music in order to project with, as long as it gives you the proper Intent. 

Stillwater

It actually has alot to do with the way our brains relate tension to emotions and voices.

Believe it or not the basis of music is empathy, as touchy-feely as that sounds. Here is why:

When we use tones in our speech to express our emotions, we speak in "intervals"; an interval is a set of tones with a mathematical relationship between them. The distance between the tones expresses concepts like tension, seriousness, pain, lightness, frivolity, etc. Using these intervals in speech is a way for us to share emotions by comparing them to the tensions between sounds. Music does exactly the same thing, on a much grander scale- it uses the same intervals we do to express emotions. Sensitivity to music is thus extremely related to how sensitive we are to other's emotions in speech, because it uses exactly the same neural circuitry.

As an example, imagine the vocal interval at the end of the question, "I don't look fat in this dress, do I?"

Pretty much all English speakers would say "do" and "I" with the same tone intervals which univsersally suggests a question. That interval tends to always be a perfect fifth, which is used in music to demand another response in the same way.

So music is pleasureable because it uses the same concepts we are built with for speech to grand scale.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

xTr1gger

Bam!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZvYybFlgw

also, i think it's because of the repetitive beats.
most trance songs are generally up lifting, have that happy tone to it.
so lets say you put on a 12 min track. your brain listens to the same thing for the 3 minutes, then the build up happens, growing and growing, the repetition is broken for a moment increasing your receptiveness to suggestions later put in by the song.

i also think with music in general, which ever song you listen to if you listen to it with someone special at a good moment in your life, or perhaps just a good moment in your life the memories attached to that song are what make it so lovable.
you may not remember immediately but subconsciously it brings back the feeling you had on that day with or without that other person.

Volgerle

for me, this kind of music is rather a downer  :-(

but it's also a matter of taste, of course, either you have teh wave-length of it, or you don't

and yes, I believe it might be good for some to get you into trance-states due to it's repetitiveness and monotony, especially with regard to rhythmicality (boom-boom-boom...), similar to binaurals maybe

CFTraveler

Yep.  I was going to say, because you like it.
I don't, so it doesn't do it for me.
Some progressive jazz has the same effect on me (and also some classical music) but my son calls it "Weather Channel Music", which makes me lol.
Why?

PlasmaAstralProjection

Probably part of the reason it's so energizing, is because usually the tempo is pretty fast. I am very picky about what kind of techno I like.

Peace.

majour ka

We have to remember that us and the whole universe is vibrating and pulsing to a rhythm, the rhythm of life.
Therefore music has the ability to remind even the most insensitive of souls that there is a wondrous and beautiful power within us that we forget is there.
That feeling you get when music rouses you is your real felling when we connect with our own soul. Music can lead us back to our reality of emotion and state of being.