News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

will spirituality ever evolve into a religion

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool101

I know spirituality and religion are two different like things such as you don't need to follow no specific rules such as religion where it can have strict laws and so forth.
Another point is religion tells us things that may or may not be true such as how the world and the universe formed or if there is a God or if we as a species got created spirituality encourages us to find the answers for our self's.
Another point is spirituality encourages everyone to walk on there own path tell there own stories and discovering our true self's and becoming enlightened.
One last thing I like to mention about it is that spirituality unites everyone together it doesn't matter what religion you believe what race you are what your gender is because spirituality reminds us that we are a whole we are all equal we are spirits just learning lessons to grow and to  bring a attitude of constant love and forgiveness

So too my question could spirituality ever evolve into something like a religion

Lumaza

Quote from: Cool101 on March 25, 2016, 21:42:32
So too my question could spirituality ever evolve into something like a religion
It already has. Just look around the internet. You will find many websites that "preach" just as strong as Religion does.

...and they claim that their way is the only way. Hmm, where have we seen that before!  :?
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Cool101

I don't think a controlling method would work because spirituality is all freedom in a sense and nobody can take that away from us truly

no_leaf_clover

Asking if spirituality will ever evolve into a religion is like asking if a child will ever grow old and die.  Unfortunately the answer is yes, inevitably.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Xanth

Quote from: no_leaf_clover on March 26, 2016, 06:39:01
Asking if spirituality will ever evolve into a religion is like asking if a child will ever grow old and die.  Unfortunately the answer is yes, inevitably.
And just as the child grows old and no longer is a child anymore...
The spiritualist who evolves into a "religionist" is no longer a spirituality...

One moves from religion to spirituality... the other way, in my perspective, is regressive.

I think there are (have been) very few individuals existing who became enlightened/awakened through religion.
Most people end up getting lost in the forest.

Volgerle

question put the wrong way, turn it around and it makes at least some sense

will religion ever "evolve" into spirituality?

:-D

Rakkso

I have the feeling, to me its more of the view, will materialism (finite think they know it all) ever evolve into non-materialism (infinite we do not know it all but we know there is a whole lot more we are maybe not even aware of)?

whatever the answer is, evolution is just a matter of time :-)

Lumaza

Quote from: Volgerle on March 28, 2016, 20:21:19
question put the wrong way, turn it around and it makes at least some sense

will religion ever "evolve" into spirituality?

:-D
Hey welcome back Volgerle. Long time no see!  :-)

I see you have returned with your "words of wisdom" as usual.  :wink:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Rakkso

QuoteAnd just as the child grows old and no longer is a child anymore...
The spiritualist who evolves into a "religionist" is no longer a spirituality...

One moves from religion to spirituality... the other way, in my perspective, is regressive.

I agree with you and the others here, I would like to mention too, that a spiritual person contemplating religious text can also benefit from the jewels and insights that always help to enlighten the comprehension of the reader, when look at, through the right glasses..

donkeykong

Quote from: Cool101 on March 25, 2016, 21:42:32
I know spirituality and religion are two different like things such as you don't need to follow no specific rules such as religion where it can have strict laws and so forth.
Another point is religion tells us things that may or may not be true such as how the world and the universe formed or if there is a God or if we as a species got created spirituality encourages us to find the answers for our self's.
Another point is spirituality encourages everyone to walk on there own path tell there own stories and discovering our true self's and becoming enlightened.
One last thing I like to mention about it is that spirituality unites everyone together it doesn't matter what religion you believe what race you are what your gender is because spirituality reminds us that we are a whole we are all equal we are spirits just learning lessons to grow and to  bring a attitude of constant love and forgiveness

On a side note the church of the spaghetti monster has been well established. lol
I love astral projection!