News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Wisdom teeth

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Well, there are two possibilities here- Have them all removed at the same time and have it majorly suck once for a short amount of time (a couple days), or have them removed one at a time and have it suck just a little for four times, each for a day or two. Personally, I had them removed one at a time, and I think it was best that way, because it didn't stop me from eating any kind of food on the other side of my mouth.

goingslow

First piece of advice: Get them taken out now...dont wait.  I waited too long when I needed mine taken out and it resulted in "crowding" of the teeth.   They'll push all your teeth up so your front ones will be a little crooked(sp?).  

Second:  
My brother and I got ours taken out together.  His was easy, only lasted a few minutes.  My roots were at 45 degree angles meaning they had to go in through my jaw.  My dentist (who i lost trust in and wont go to anymore) didnt have a liscence to put me out. (anestesia sp?) so i was wide awake the whole time.  I could hear him sawing into the jaw to take them out.  It took hours.

If you get them early it shouldnt be too bad though I'd think.

Nerezza

Mine never showed up at all and after an x-ray, the dentist told me they were impacted so I had to go to the hospital to get them out.

I remember after I got home I thought, "this isn't so bad". So I went running in the forest for a while and blacked out near a river for a couple of minutes. I managed to get home and take my happy pills(pain killers) and the rest of the week was a blur. I remember I swallowed alot of blood which would make me sick for most of the recovery period and I do remember that I ate only pudding and for the most part kept a package of frozen vegetables slapped against my face.

Other than that, I would do it again.

sahlyn

I've recently noticed a wisdom tooth coming through aswell -on the bottom right side of my mouth. There is no pain or anything though.

I just did a web search on the topic, and was very relieved to discover that it's not necessary for everyone to have them removed. ie. if they're well positioned etc then there's no problem, and they become a valuable asset to the mouth. I'm just going to pray that this will be the case for mine. My other teeth are very well alligned and have never had problems, so I think I have a good chance[:)]

That fact that your experiencing pain probably means that this is something you'll have to look into soon. But don't just rush out and get them removed. I recommend getting the opinion of several dentists,if you can. And if it's absolutely necessary for you to get them removed, then... best of luck. I salute you[8D]

manuel

i have to get all mine out soon, all 4 of them are impacted [:(]im going for a full gasing.

Lysear

only two more to go for me and mine seem to be fine. I always assumed that most people didnt have to have them taken out.

Fenris

Hi everyone!

Thanks to all of you for sharing you knowledge and personal experiences. Ive got a week off uni next week and Ive decided to dedicate it to getting all of my outstanding health issues in check - flu shot and dentist. Apparently one of the only things I get out of having privte health care ( in Austalia we have medicare)is cheap dental, so I might as well go forth and find out what is to be found. I often get mouth ulcers, and by looking at the sight of the pain in the mirror the tissue looks to be infected,although rare it could even be an invected ulcer, or maybe gingivitis. But then again it is sore in the same place that my wisdom teath will come from so maybe Im just practicing a little wishful thinking. An interesting point is that the pain began recently along with my sleep deprivation - a universtity assignment has kept me up, and at the time of writing Ive been awake now for 42 hours. So if it is infection maybe there is a link between a depressed immune capasity and sleep deprivation. I handed the assignment in this morning, but then I had to go straight to work and Ive just got home...soon I sleep....and now I think about it maybe there is a paralle between sleep deprivation and writing disjointed here there and every where posts[:)]

Fenris

My wisdom teeth are starting to come through on the right side of my mouth. My gums are starting to hurt but there is no sign of any calcified action popping through yet. Id like to open the floor to those who have been here before me and ask -how much is this gonna suck?