News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

120 pages of members

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

Bored? [8D]

I wonder what the reason for the majority of the people registering here is. Unless you want to post there is no reason to register, and AFAIK there is no monthly newsletter type thing.

But 54 pages of people wh have >2 posts is pretty good. Maybe people are beginning to have a glimmer of a thought about  things?

2cents & L&L
jouni

Tom

It is really only the first few pages before the numbers of posts drop off. Triple digits only extend through page 5 and double digits only go to page 27.

No, I'm not bored, exactly. It would be nice to see a few more "gold member"s.

jilola

Joking [:)]

Was that film reference intentional? [:D]

Yeah, it would be nice. But even without people posting a lot I'd like them to think a lot and to try to find their answers instead of just accepting any old explanation given.

So are the quadruple and triple number poster psychogeeks?

2cents & L&L
jouni

Tom

The movie called "Goldmember". I bought the DVD and might watch it some day. The reference to it was completely unintentional.

One of my concerns is that several of the people who showed up and only stayed a short time had more to say and chose not to.

Maybe after a certain (not to be specified) number of posts it would be good to have a "get a life" status of some sort. After 1000 posts there is not a higher status to use for a goal.

jilola

That's the one.

What's your concern w/regard to people who choose not to say more?
My experience is that there come times where the path takes a scary turn and really starts to rattkewhat we take for granted. Perhaps those people want to take a time-out or maybe they just balk.

Like a "free life for every 1500 posts" type of thing?

2cents & L&L
jouni

Tom

My concern is that people like me need to hear what those people would have said and that they left because they did not find anyone who could help them with their own progress. Some people just thought they knew more than everyone here, but there have been a few about whom it seemed to be true.

What I had in mind for "get a life" was more like 5000 or 10000 posts.

jilola

I think many left becuase what they found was something they were really nor prepared for. I mean the numerous different views and opsinion about life, existence, soul, religion, astral explorations etc.
I think that covers most of the one timers. There have probably been people who genuinely looked at what goes on here and felt they had passed it. Who knows. They do, we'd like to bubt ultimately it realy doesn't matter as they are choosing their ways to learn what theyneed to learn. We donät even know whet they are here(earth) to learn.

5000? 10000?!!! Ah well, I still have 1000 to look forward to.

2cents & L&L
jouni

Tom

There were a few times when I had thought I had finally gotten to a point of having cracked up for good. Unfortunately those times never lasted more than a week or two.

The idea between choosing 5000 or 10000 is to set a high enough number than it will not be reached.

jilola

Cracked up? Umm you lost me there? Unfortunately not lasted?

ah, yes I see that point in >5000 posts being the limit. But it still isn't a guarantee against someone actually hanging around for 4 years and reaching >5000. The forums are pretty good and if new people stop by with new ideas to stir things up I may well hang around for a long time if only to keep in touch with similar minded people I've come to respect.

2cents & L&L
jouni

kakkarot

gettin' lonely up at the 1000 mark eh? lol

i may be joining you soon enough though [:)]. or maybe not [}:)].

~kakkarot

goingslow

I wonder if a lot come here, post a few times then move on.

I also wondered when i first started how many people just read and dont post.  It seemed like the same 30 people or so frequently post.

Oliver

Hi everyone,

I reakon i could post more than i do. I go through times when i post a lot and then times when i stop posting at all. But I do come and read. Think about this, how many forums have you joined that you never go back to? Maybe a lot of those people with one or two posts, joined this forum and at the time were really interested but then just forgot about it and went back to daily life.

That reminds me of when i've told friends of me being able to go oob. Once I've told them they are really interested, it sounds like the coolest thing ever, and i've been asked heaps of questions and they have aspired to do it themselves, but in the time of a couple of days all that interest leaves them and they get back into everyday life and they dont ask me about it again so i dont bring it up.

Ollie

panabelle

"Think about this, how many forums have you joined that you never go back to?" I left AstralForum.com because it was centered too much around OOBE's. Here, a much broader spectrum of topics is covered.

"It seemed like the same 30 people or so frequently post." Yeah, I've noticed that too. Still, it's 30 more pieces of advice that I would never have otherwise.

I'm guessing that at least half of the non-posters think that in order to be able to do everything on the site, you have to register. Why else wouldn't they post? It baffles my mind. [|)]

Only 4 more, Kakkarot! I think you get to be a premium member then...I, on the other hand, still have quite a ways to go until I even reach gold...[:)]

Frank

Being one of those "30 or so" regulars, I kinda like it here. Having scanned around other places they always seem a tad freaky when compared to this place. Problem is (as I see it) the whole topic of AP as discussed on other forums I have visited: is either there is too much association with the New-Age "thing" i.e. let's all gather in a circle and chant while holding hands, et al. Or, if not, then it's all too mystical for my tastes. This place is a really nice happy medium, IMO.

Yours,
Frank

jilola

"Feet firmly on the ground and soul flitting in the astral" type of place?
The quality and diversity of opinions and ideas on this forum is what keeps me here. And the fact the discussion stays within the reasonable even while discussing the most outrageous concepts and ideas. That, imho, is the way to go. Open mind but with brain still switched on.

2cents & L&L
jouni

Terry B

clandestino

hi there folks !

out of interest, I wonder how many countries are represented by people who post on these forums....I'd guess at around 50 or so.

Most of the posts are from USA & UK, (oh, and the big old dirty rock stuck a few miles off the Welsh coast.....Isle of Man, thats it!) but I had a look earlier at the list of recently joined members, and there's someone from Dominican republic on there !!!

sorry - I'm still amazed at how the internet gets people together (and disrupts working days....!)
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Tom

That would be an interesting thing to have in the statistics section, the countries represented by the people here. An alphabetical listing might be a better idea than by number of people from each country. Of course, we would have to do something about spelling variations, but having countries listed more than once at first would not really detract much from the idea.

Tom

Going to the list of members here, I found that there are 120 pages. On page 54, there are a few listings with 2 posts. Everyone else on that page and until page 68 has 1 post. The 0's start on page 68.