News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Words Most Dangerous Virus!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

The AlphaOmega

"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

Tolvor

No, the most dangerous virus is apathy.

As to the article in question, it appears to be a scare newsrelease targeted towards newbies in hope that they will adopt a non-Microsoft product, like Lindows and OpenOffice.  MSOffice 2003 may have all those capabilities but can MS get to my computer thru two firewalls (hardware and software) that I carefully manage?  I couldn't care less about MS, and doubt that they even want to hack into my system.  Now the teenage 133t cracker somewhere *might* want to, and then wouldn't care about my non-MS products that I own (gasp!! Adobe!!) but would be interested in, say, my Quickbooks Accounting information, my live programming projects that I've got source code to, or the cracker is clever, some of my more valuable documentation.

I've got a image of another newsrelease that is titled (in all seriousness) "Hackers can turn your computer into a BOMB and blow your family to smithereens!".  If you want it I can send it to you.

kakkarot

ms just makes crappy products (so does linux imo ^_^ ). but if a person wants a secure pc, THEY should spend the time to make it secure rather than wishing and hoping and believing that it is secure right at the time of purchase.

my comp has three levels of security to it:
1) apathy of attackers, they have no reason to touch my machine ^_^
2) a router which can initially confuse the more newish wannabe hackers/crackers
3) firewalls and antivirus protection

i could have more protection, but if a good hacker REALLY wanted into my computer, the only REAL defense i'd ever have is to unplug my internet connection ^_^ .

~kakkarot

beavis

No. The movie "THE MATRIX" uncovers the most dangerous virus!

Agent Smith says: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I've realized that you are not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment. But you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague. And we are... the cure.

mattrox

SuPeR_DeLuXe